Which drama has the best story?

Guest bLufurBaLL

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HoO8MyRiCe

Seriously, the best original story lines are Resurrection (BooHwal 부활) and I'm Sorry I Love You (미안하다, 사랑한다).

In terms of seriousness,

- Hur Jun

- Jewel In The Palace

Both are period dramas showcasing triumph against all odds. Surprisingly, both are medical related.

Comedies,

- Full House

- Successful Story of a Bright Girl

I'm basing these preference on my parents who seldom watch TV series, both being very busy people. But for the above 4 series, they actually found time to sit and watch. Well, Jewel In The Palace just started so, I can't say for sure whether they would stick with it till the end, but for the first 4 weeks (showing twice weekly only), they were glued to the screen.

For great storyline and acting, I would recommend you look at dramas that were shown in 2004 since most of the dramas that year were all great.As for 2005 dramas, besides MNKSS every other drama is borderline boring in my opinion <_<

MNKSS is the last K-Drama I've watched from beginning to last, the rest I can't even watched for a whole 5 minutes.Now I just stick to watching X-Man & Loveletter for my K-Shows.

As for drama recommendation, go to my CB, the dramas that have stars next to them are all highly recommended.You can also look at my Favorites section http://clubbox.co.kr/japaneseguy

Guest HappyGirl

I would say Dae Jang Guem. The drama is very long but that's because there's so many twist in the story. You won't be bored by it.

As for modern dramas, if you prefer sad endings then Autumn's Tale would certainly do the job perfectly. Even my mum, who doesn't watch TV that much was touched by this drama. The story is very innocent but sad.

Guest Priscilla

'BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER.'

Wouldn't you think most people would like to know this and watch only the good ones? So maybe you should look at the ratings and you may find lots of great stories among the massively popular dramas. My Name's Kim Sam Soon is one and THE GREAT JANG GUM is another one.

However, as many articles point out, ratings do not tell the entire story, as more and people are watching this on-line or through other medias. Meaning, there are those low rating dramas that has more downloads and more re-watches than those with higher ratings. There are some dramas that are 'missed' by the masses but who find crazy followers who are able to write you books and follow up stories that make us wonder... maybe there is 'something' in this drama that most supperficial viewers couldn't catch... but can it really be SPECIAL?

TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, I'm not a mainstream viewer. Meaning: I like to analyze the characters and see their developments. I like to find sub-plots or inner motives... metaphors or paradoxes. For me... these are the trully well written stories. But I also know most everyone prefers the visual over psychological, action over dialogue. This is why I luv dramas like Resurrection, Sorry I Love You, Damo...

But like I said at the beginning... the majority of people may give you different answers. Then again, I should have asked what type of dramas your mother likes... then, maybe we may be able to narrow things down and find something more to her likings.

Your mum wants to know, right? I'll share my mum's favourites then..

Winter Sonata - she says she was captured by the "forever love" story, sticking with each other from first love till adult love. She said even if there were many obstacles, they were so true to each other.

All About Eve - she thinks Jang Dong Gun is like a prince charming always waiting for the heroine..

like the title says who would u like to see together in a drama

i would like to see

junjin and eugene

junjin and kim tui hee again

eric and kim tui hee

won bin and kim tui hee

won bin and song hye gyo again

Guest jingjuna

i would like to see...

wonbin and song hye go

junjin and kim tae hee

kwong sang woo and that lady who was main character in stairway to heaven

Guest doroAnxx05

Kim rae won and Kim tae hee, Im so jung, Moon geun young, again. :P

new ones would be.... Kim rae won and Lee da hae, or Song hye gyo.

Guest bubblepeach

Junjin & Kim Tae Hee (this time JJ has to be the main actor)

Won Bin & Song Hye Gyo again (and this time, they have to be coupled in the end)

Hmmm I can't think of other pairs.....

Archived