[Drama 2006] Over The Rainbow 오버 더 레인보우

Guest kiye

^ I get what you mean.

That bad boy look!

But that's so hot! <333 :lol:

Just watched episode one.

Hmm...I thought that the first episode was rather okay.

But oh well, after watching the first episode,

I kind of for the idea of Ji Hyun Woo being the lead. hehehe.

He wasn't that bad and all you see :lol:

But maybe episode two will change my mind. hehe.

Yeah, I'm afraid that Hwanhee will be like the evil guy blah.

The ratings are really bad now huh.

Seems like Jumong is affecting it, but oh well :lol:

Maybe someone has asked this before and i cant find on the first post....can you tell me again - purrlese :tears: what time does the show starts on wednesday and thurs?

9.55 Korean time...

Wait, or is it 10.55? :lol:

I myself am confused now ;x

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From these new pictures, Seo JiHye may not be the adoring fan that she claimed she is. Fany had caused the accident that left her grandma like that. :o

http://mmsmo.imbc.com/BbsRead.asp?EvtDiv=3...p;WH=&MODE=

GASPPPPP~! :o

From the last set of pictures, it seems like he's showing kindness to that grandma so the public will think he's truly sorry, etc. etc. He probably really isn't though. :fury:

Guest lil.vi3t.cupid_<3

I was bored so i made some caps on Rex and HeeSu moments....HeeSu and Hyeok-ju coming soon =)

rnhcapsep2nw9.jpg

The ratings are really bad now huh.

Seems like Jumong is affecting it, but oh well :lol:

9.55 Korean time...

Wait, or is it 10.55? :lol:

I myself am confused now ;x

Oh, actually Jumong is aired on Mondays / Tuesdays so it doesn't clash with Over The Rainbow which airs Wednesdays / Thursdays, both on MBC channel 9.55 PM Korean time :D

Am I the only one who finds the short kkangpae leader really funny?

LOL I DID!!! i was laughing each time he appeared i was like whoa short man. =X with a funny haircut too.

i kinda like him in a way cuz he stopped his gangsters from totally killing hyukjoo cuz i think he still has a soft spot for him =]

I`m not saying that they're NOT the main lead but I`m just saying that maybe the media people are referring to all four of the cast memebers as the "main leads" since they ARE the main people of the drama. And usually if a singer is part of the cast the singer won't be, as I call it, the guy that cant get the girl. Since this drama is HwanHee's first official debut as an actor he probably won't be playing the non-male lead. Especially if you watched any of the behind the scene clips/interviews and the Over the Rainbow MV than you will see that almost everything is of Hwanhee and Okbin which also tells us that they are most likely the two main leads/lovers for this drama.

I just re-read my comment and in the beginning I said that "I`m not saying that they're NOT the main lead but..." and then I noticed that by the end of my comment, I AM saying that they are the main lead. Haha. I`m not POSITIVE though so please don't get offended.

Thank you cook iE l monstEr for uploading episode two.

HUH? im so confused. when did this post happen? lol.

i never read any of ur posts =XX

i just did all that cuz i was confused not for anyone else.

haha. and i was just bolding jihyunwoo and kim okbin cuz i was ecstatic with joy [but then again it might not be them cuz on the main site it seems like hyunwoo&jihye are lead. im confused again. oh well does it even matter? its just to satisfy my curiosity.]

please dont take offense that u think i took offense to whatever u posted cuz i never read what u posted. (did that make any sense?? i kinda got confused while i was typing it lol)

PLUS im not the type to go killing someone over some post. unless its really really rude and obnoxious and really stupid with no factual evidence etc etc such as "__(insert celeb here)__ SUX!!! BECAUSE HE'S UGLY!! AND SMELLS!!!" <-- that kinda post i'll be like retard lol. or another example "__(insert celeb here)__ IS WORSE THAN __(insert celeb here)__" (and no reason whatsoever) those i'll simply be like can u please support these with facts? or some examples cuz even if im open to all sorts of opinions those are just really point blank nothing. LOL so dont worry. unless ur gonna go around bashing a celeb (which im pretty sure u wont do just cuz i think so lol) but before i can start spazzing u'll be banned/warned and whanot.

LET'S ALL JUST ENJOY THIS DRAMA!!! ^_^ AND LOVE OUR WONDERFUL CELEBS IN WHATEVER WAYS YOU WANT

(i'll show my support for them in my own ways ^_^ <33)

i think jihyunwoo and seojihye are the main lead because when you go to the official site and see the character thingthe main leads come up first.

and they are jihyunwoo and seojihye

for the second episode i liked how kimjongmin came out.lol

yea thats what i saw too lol. so maybe they are the main leads? hmm... lol i really dont care right now since i really dunno jihye's character. just from the three characters the were introduced i like okbin and hyunwoo together =]]

^ lolz.. CONN1E x3, no worries... I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought ep 1 kinda... bleh~.

But ep 2 definitely ROCKS!

LUV IT! haha...

The 'fire' between two guys are starting to show...

Rivalry... jealousy.... loveeee is in the airr~~ hihi..

Definitely love all the 'actions' in episode 2.

I wasn't really 'feeling' ep 1 that much, and was kinda fast-forwarding ep 1 a lot (except the dance part and fany's part lolz).

But episode 2 definitely sold me, completely.

Hopefully OTR will do better and better each week ^^v

And ratings for ep 2: 8.4% for both Seoul and Nationwide.

Hehe... it didn't show much improvement on the ratings, but o well.

Can't judge it too early since we're barely on 2.

i dunno if the ratings will ever really soar cuz its on at the same time as PLEASE COME BACK SOON AE SSHI! which i think has really great actors and im loving it. =]] until that ends it'll most likely be holding onto most of the best ratings. plus ratings dont really matter [to me anyways] cuz as long as the story's good. right now new dramas for the slots mon&tues and wed&thurs will have trouble unless they can someone be a drama that can beat out JUMONG and PLEASE COME BACK SOONAE SSHI!

i just want to comment, i've read that some hate the character hwanhee portrayed in this drama. does it means his acting it in natural way that somehow he give justice to his role in this drama? i love his character here because for me it suited just right for him( i hope nobody will get mad at me). :D PEACE!

its good to hate the bad person. it means he's playing it well.

i dont hate him yet. i just find him really awkward sometimes. its like ehh? lol

sometimes i hate him cuz he keeps staring at heesoo lol but thats it.

From these new pictures, Seo JiHye may not be the adoring fan that she claimed she is. Fany had caused the accident that left her grandma like that. :o

OHHHH!!! then i might even like jihye =OO lol maybe theres no bad girl ?? i hope... maybe... lol. this means jihye MIGHT be the lead. hmm~ i heard she was in haeshin so maybe she got the lead. maybe this drama's trying to give me a brain meltdown by making me think about who's the main. lol the only reason why i wanna noe who the main's are is to see who will end up with who. and then root for the opposite LOL jkjk im just curious =]

I was bored so i made some caps on Rex and HeeSu moments....HeeSu and Hyeok-ju coming soon =)

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/4823/rnhcapsep2nw9.jpg

LOL i like that little thot bubble where hwanhee's like maybe if i keep staring at her no one will notice. lol (i think those are hwanhee's most awkward acting moments. its like the staring's WAY TOO OBVIOUS!! lol. hes not bad at acting im just too into hyunwoo so i pay almost no attention LOLL =XX dont kill me

OH YEA AND HWANHEE, I THINK, LOOKS HOT WITH GLASSES. i dont like that cornrow hairdo =XX please dont do that ever again lol. like in that school carnival scene and when he performed i was like EWW BAD HAIR!! LOL (since my posts are always mostly about hyunwoo i decided to put more hwanhee in it ^_^ _ i do like hwanhee i just dont like him as much as i like hyunwoo lol)

Guest ImSmiley

from reading your comments about epid 2 it seems really good. i'm going to have to watch it now since i got it dl already. but its just really confusing me because i really want to know who the main lead is.

Guest christina.

At last, now I know what drama Hwanhee was acting in!

I saw a picture on a clubbox and I just started going crazy HAHAHA~

I love the synopsis.. I like stories like theses. :]

Man, I can't wait for the subs~ Tee hee thanks for those screenies! I love Hwanhee and his glasses @_@

What kind of character is Hwanhee portraying? And is he a main role or just a sub-main role?

=x I think I know the guy.. B-Boy I think or his real name is Kim Ok Bin? xD I'm probably off..

Hwanhee is the only one I heard of. u___u

So this drama has all upcoming actors?

-Christina

Guest Merenge_5

Wow I love everything that has something to do with dance :w00t: it sounds pretty intersting *wants to watch it too* but tmr I'm going on holidays and I can't dl anyhting....and I just found so many new good dramas T^T....well I guess I'll watch it when I get home :tears:

Wow I didn't know that soompi does subbing^^ but I'm really looking forward to it XD

Guest .alyak_

^

Yes. Subs can be found there too.

I found something. Its more about the characters.

The bright and dark side of the world of stars is dramatically captured in this drama by giving a realistic depiction of singer-wannabes ambition and their dash for stardom.

A story about the painstaking work it takes to become a popular singer,

the intrigues and betrayals arising from constant meetings and partings,

and heartbreaking love that blooms amidst all that.

It presents viewers with a glimpse of a life that burns like a flame.

Kwon Hyeok-ju (Lives and dies for pride and loyalty. Without them, he’s nothing.)

played by Ji Hyun-woo

Very proud and clear about what he likes and what he doesn’t, Hyeok-ju is stubborn as a mule. When he decides that he wants something, there’s nothing that can stop him. To put it nicely, he’s straightforward and to put it not so nicely, he’s a simpleton. He was good with his studies until his elementary school years. However, because of his innate personality, he couldn’t help but pay back those who beat up his friends and confront anyone who provoked him, and before he realized, he ends up becoming the biggest bully on the block who even gets recruiting offers from “brothers” of crime organizations. But when Hyeok-ju forcibly got on the stage for a “Youth Dance Contest” as a punishment for some trouble he caused, he received explosive cheers and attention for the first time in his life after having been treated as a mere headache for so long. It was a moment that lifted his heart and made him see that there was another way to achieve a cool, short yet impressive life other than becoming a member of an organized crime syndicate. A few days later, at the scheduled interview with the brothers of a crime organization, he drops a bomb.

“Brothers! I want to become a singer!!”

Since that day, he devotes all his energy to nothing but dancing. And one day, he has a fateful encounter with Rex…

Ma Sang-mi (Sad face, sadder body! A dauntless girl dreaming of becoming a heroin in a TV drama) played by Seo Ji-hye

She starts conversations with strangers and talks at length about anything that comes to her mind. She likes to poke her nose into other people’s business but gets no thanks in return. She couldn’t care less about self-respect. She just forgets whatever that hurt her feelings. Or just takes it as she wants… Being witty and cunning, she always keeps coming up with a new idea and acts on it. She’s so hyperactive that she can’t sit still for a minute. She tells lies with the most innocent look in the world on her face. Don’t fall for that na&iuml;ve look, or you will regret it big time. Hotheaded, she will knock the bottom out of everything and say whatever is on her mind when she thinks she has put up with enough. She gets pretty scary at a time like that. She turns into the Hulk. Ever since she was young, she would escape to the world of imagination whenever she was troubled. She wanted to become the girl in A Little Princess, and after realizing that it was impossibility, she then dreamed of meeting Daddy Long Legs, and the same pattern ensued for virtually every character in comic books and TV shows.

And one day, she sets her mind on something.

Be a star!! Or become a star’s girl friend!! Why can’t she be one when others can?

And one day, it really happens!

Is her dream coming true, at last?

Rex (A genius musician with a fan club of nearly 100,000 members)

played by Hwan-Hee

Rex is a singer with boyish good looks and outstanding talent, and is the biggest asset to Pride Ent., an entertainment agency. He’s got perfect pitch and is a natural dancer, too, for he can repeat any choreography that he has seen just once. Having a volatile personality, he is the nicest person in the whole world when he is in good mood but no one can stop him when he gets cross. He hurts others’ feelings with sarcastic and mean remarks, and even gets violent, smashing everything around him. He wasn’t like that when he was an aspiring singer but as his first album became a huge hit and the second album followed suit, his temper has grown only worse.

He is a smooth operator, seducing girls who he thinks meets his standards. But when the girl completely falls for him, he suddenly loses all interest and dumps her. He is only attracted to girls who consistently show no interest in him. And what happens if a girl does leave him? He gets hurt in his own way, thinking that her love for him wasn’t absolute after all. In a nutshell, he’s trapped in a vicious cycle of love.

Then one day, he meets a girl who throws a sharp dagger at his heart by turning her back on a star who’s got 100,000 fans as if to demonstrate her complete disinterest in him.

Her name is Hee-su… And Rex is interested.

Jeong Hee-su (Has a passionate soul!)

played by Kim Ok-Vin

Born with stunning looks, great talent and a passionate soul, Hee-su is cheerful and always smiling, yet she’s got a strong charisma that makes it impossible for others to mistreat her. A girl with huge talent and bravery, she is quite sure of herself in everything she does and is clear about her likes and dislikes. She spent her teenage years quarreling with her stubborn, conservative parents. She would lie that she was going out for missionary work when she was actually going out to dance the night away with her African-American friends on the street.

One day, after hearing that representatives from Pride Ent, a Korean entertainment agency, were going to attend a dance festival in search of new members of a music group, she begins practicing very hard. She almost makes it to the stage when she gets caught by her father, and is dragged home and gets locked up in her room. That night, she gets beaten up by her father within an inch of her life, and is informed that she will be transferring to a boarding school. That night that she packs her stuff and leaves home with a calm look on her face. She has nothing left in a house that stops her from realizing her potential. She boards a plane bound for Korea with nothing but a business card she got from an agent in her hand.

EPISODE TWO CAPS OF REX: HERE!

At last, now I know what drama Hwanhee was acting in!

I saw a picture on a clubbox and I just started going crazy HAHAHA~

I love the synopsis.. I like stories like theses. :]

Man, I can't wait for the subs~ Tee hee thanks for those screenies! I love Hwanhee and his glasses @_@

What kind of character is Hwanhee portraying? And is he a main role or just a sub-main role?

=x I think I know the guy.. B-Boy I think or his real name is Kim Ok Bin? xD I'm probably off..

Hwanhee is the only one I heard of. u___u

So this drama has all upcoming actors?

-Christina

Kim Ok Bin is the female character. I think the guy you're talking about is Ji Hyun Woo...

Guest arkay88

i'm almost 100% positive that ji hyun woo is the main because it's the typical korean drama; you have the leads who are kinda equal in the way that they live in the same house and fight all the time. and they BEGAN as a couple so now hwanhee has to come in, break it up, and then end up eventually single.

plus hwanhee's character has that ssagaejee character to him unlike hyunwoo who has that loveable personality

EITHER WAY I'M ROOTING FOR OKBIN AND HYUNWOO <3333 he's so cutee

Guest -Minna-

this drama makes me wanna learn how to dance -__-;; ahha

^ yup yup..

i'm really liking this drama cuz it keeps me wondering.. before the drama started i though hwanhee and kim okbin were the main characters but after watching the first episode, i though ji hyun woo and kim ok bin.. then after going 'over the rainbow's' website i though seo jihye..

after watching the first two episodes i'm beginning to hate hwanhee's character!! i totally didn't expect him to be a ssagaji! but i like his dancing and singing in it.. i watched hwanhee's parts about 10 times now... btw, does anyone know what song he performs? it's catchy and nice..

hwanhee looks soo short compared to ji hyun woo.. (he's like 187 or something!)

OVER THE RAINBOW! FIGHTING!!

Guest .alyak_

^

The performance at the carnival? The beginning sounds exacly like Usher's "Red Light". Anyways, i like the song too. Can't wait for the OST to release. I'll probably make a audio cut. I like the song...

Guest a b e r c r o m b i e ♡

i'm deciding whether to watch this drama or not. for hwanhee's sake, i want to watch it. but i'm busy with all my work that i don't have enough time ^_^ should i make time for this drama?

++| eebyul |++

Guest june1ov3

i'm watching episode 2 right now, finally.. and it's cute so farr xP

i love how gilgun and kimjongmin came out at the club scene..

ohmann and i agree, this drama makes me wanna learn how to dance, pop, and break :D

Archived