Butterfly Lovers [2008]

Guest hungrycollegeboy

Guest Cinderella2b

I am not even half way through the movie and I already don't like it. (and I will continue to watch it)

But...

They really should stop making these movies, where the actors/actresses speaks different languages.

Wu Chun just feel so disconnected with the entire movie. Like I know how his real voice is and it really distracting.

Totally takes away from the acting and expressing emotions.

Plus they don't have much chemistry in my opinion.

This story is suppose to be about two "guys", but somehow it turned into about two "girls"

Seriously, Wu Chun makes a prettier girl than Charlene.

Nothing can beat The Lovers. Yeung Choi Lai and Wu Kay Lung were the best, even as a little kid, I loved that movie.

lol i agree with the 2 girl thing. i give the movie a C. lol it broke my heart watching wu chun's character smiling and all happy in the beginning, while I know of the tragic fate that would come to him. YES it was weird not hearing his voice. I heard there's a manderin version of the movie where Charlene's voice is dubbed but not his..

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JaneElliot

Yeah this is really not a good adaptation of the story. Tsui Hark's is much better: less flashy, but it actually made sense, was true to the spirit of the original story, and was both funny and moving. Jingle Ma really did unfortunate things with this. The only good thing I can say about this film is that its stars are very pretty.

• 11 months later...
Guest weirdHarmony

this movie is worth watching, really . it's my fav movie so far

but i also loved the vietnamese vers. luong son ba chuc anh dai ^_^

Archived