Butterfly Lovers [2008]

Guest hungrycollegeboy

Guest hungrycollegeboy

Wu Chun, Charlene Choi, Hu Ge
So, I flipped back 20 pages and couldn't find a topic on this yet, so here it goes.

One of the most anticipated movies this year in Hong Kong has finally released its trailer. This movie is an adaptation of the famous opera/play "The Butterfly Lovers" which is a tragic love story between two couples. Over the years, there has been movie adaptations of this famous opera/play: a movie starring Nicky Wu, and a drama series in Mainland China. This 2008 adaptation will star two famous pop idols in China: Wu Chun and Charlene Choi. Not to mention, this film is directed by Jingle Ma Choh Sing.

poster.jpg

Starring:

Wu Chun

Charlene Choi Cheuk Yin

Hu Ge

Harlem Yu Chen Chin

Ti Lung

Shao Bing

Bonnie Sin Sik Lai

Synopsis:

Life is fleeting as the butterfly, beautiful yet transient. As legends has it, a pair of butterfly lovers reappears once more after having gone through three lifetimes of repeated pain and tears.

This time, they find each other in the world of martial arts. Liang is highly skilled in martial arts and resides in the mountains. When his master tasks him to take care of Zhu, a girl from a wealthy family who disguises as guy to herself from revenge, it sparks off the painful journey that they must go through once again.

Zhu's father, in order to pay the kindness shown to him, has betrothed her to a General Ma, although Zhu is in love with Liang. Love can fester into hate in some while in the selected few, it can lead to undying love that survives one lifetime after another.

Wu Chun

chinese-wu-chun-01.jpg

10517587mgb6.jpg

credits to google

Charlene Choi

charlene_choi2.jpg

cutechar.jpg

credits to google

Hu Ge

HuGe_GJ005.jpg

huge33gv.jpg

credits to google

Caps and Stills

2008_05_01_05_Butterfly_Lovers.jpg

21239.1.jpg

b2.jpg

poster-wuchun_c7c1c53a27878e84f5354b5e9e671e42.jpgposter-huge_da919924728875cd31168ddcff15babf.jpgposter-charlenechoi_f90ce04d910cbe0b6b258efc7ee980cc.jpg

credits to hk cinema

TRAILER HERE: Teaser 1 Trailer 1

Official Website Here: http://www.butterflyloversmovie.com/

I can't wait to see it and I hope it's as good as the one back in 1993.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jamieâ„¢

I've watched soo many versions of this story haha

but in this version, Liang is highly skilled in martial arts? In the version I watched, he was a bookworm lol and they met at a school or something

Guest hungrycollegeboy

I've watched soo many versions of this story haha

but in this version, Liang is highly skilled in martial arts? In the version I watched, he was a bookworm lol and they met at a school or something

yea that's the 1993 version starring Nicky Wu. I personally liked that version, but I'm also looking forward to this one too.

Guest huangmeixi

I love the idea of a collab. A hong kong star (Charlene Choi), A Taiwan star (Wu Zun) and a mainland China star (Hu Ge). All are beautiful creatures!

I really don't get why Liang played by Wu Zun became a martial arts expert in this movie.

Because he is I quote Jamie™ "He is a bookworm" that's why when Liang fought with HU Ge's character

Liang was easily beaten. Oh well

I'm still interested because of Wu Zun..lol..

he's RIPPED mehn.... lol

and besides..THANK GOD the main girl for this movie looked better than

that of the girl from HANA KIMI..hehe...

Guest hungrycollegeboy

Can you stop perpetuating the same wrong information!!! Hero and House of Flying Daggers was directed by Zhang Yimou! Not this guy.

WHY SO SERIOUS?!?!?!

I fixed it now, so LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE.

Guest Starylosophy

Well it's well known that Chun is not really good for his acting.

But I do hope to see some breakthrough for him here. (Which I think he would just by watching the trailers and he did loads of stunts himself without using the stuntman).

yea that's the 1993 version starring Nicky Wu. I personally liked that version, but I'm also looking forward to this one too.

yep, that's still my favorite version....have anyone seen the animation version, it's so cute and sad too.

Guest huangmeixi

Will it be in Cantonese or Mandarin ?

I'm guessing mandarin because all three leads know Mandarin but only Charlene knows Cantonese. But they'll most likely dub Wu and Hu.

WHY SO SERIOUS?!?!?!

I fixed it now, so LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE.

Because I had to read that nonsense twice, and Zhang Yimou is better than this. Edited my post though.

Guest nana544

They make such a cute couple^_^. So, this is the movie? Cause I watch the drama and I got it all confuse^^. Cannot wait to see it^___^....Charlene is adorable and so is Wu Chun^^.

Guest julia0228

wow, aren't there like so many versions of this show?

i like the only with peter ho in it.

but can't wait to watch this one!!

i love all the actors

Guest i3lu3fun

i saw the trailer few weeks back and it was in cantonese so maybe they dub the voice. i love the version starring Nicky Wu. will give this a try too, just because wu zhun is in it, i hope he improves on his acting skill.

Archived