F4 2nd Teaser Pg 96

Guest virvir111

Jandi's outfits are really cute in the drama but I sort of wish they'll make her look/dress more plain w/ more plain clothes because Tsukushi is suppose to be poor w/ ugly fashion sense... just my opinion. Everyone's character are starting to grow on me..

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest virvir111

Jandi's outfits are really cute in the drama but I sort of wish they'll make her look/dress more plain w/ more plain clothes because Tsukushi is suppose to be poor w/ ugly fashion sense... just my opinion. Everyone's character are starting to grow on me..

yeah,, very bright colors,,lol,, she's a commoner,, not a poor person that can't afford clothes like that,, in korea there are clothes that are cheap that are cute,, viewers in korea would think they'd be over doing it if she was to wear really ugly clothes,, because in reality even poor ppl can buy cute cheap clothes..iono its hard to explain. even in the japanese one the girl wore pretty nice clothes lol,, i saw with high heeled boots and what not. n even in the manga,, the girl wasnt EXTREMELY poor anyway. they just made her seem overly poor in the japanese one yet the girl dressed in nice clothes. .

Hi guys, I'm new here. My hubby and I watched Meteor Garden a few years ago. He (a mid 30's white dude) liked it so much, can't make him like another drama (even My Girl can't beat it! :wacko: ). Then we watched Hana Yori Dango. It's probably the age thing, that one didn't appeal too much with us. HYD Japanese version was probably aiming more for teenagers (ah.. I felt so old already :lol: ), it's kinda cheesy for our taste :) . He said Makino was a cry baby, not as strong as she supposed to be. As for me, she looked older than Jandi.. (and you guys said Go Hye Sun looks old! I'm totally confused! :lol: )

Anyway, I love korean dramas! I'm super excited with BOF! I really have a high expectation, hopefully this will turn out really good and I would imagine him to say "Ahh... this is a lot better than MG!".

I got a question, somebody said "Shin Hwa College", does it mean they are in college? But from the uniforms, it seems like they are in highschool. Can somebody make this clear for me? I really appreciate it. If they are in college, Go Hye Sun's age actually won't be a problem, since some of you think she looks old.

The only thing I want from Go Hye Sun, to act well and not making Jandi as an annoying character, that will totally drive us crazy. And hopefully, this is not one cheesy drama.

Guest discofuse

Sherica JanDi will go to Shin Hwa College..

if you already can saw the 7 minutes preview.. her Dad send her to school with their laundry van..

so she will be attending Shin Hwa...

as written in her profile in BOF official site..

From a young age, when her mother worked at the counter of a swimming pool, she began to love the water and her hobby is swimming. She is well-known for being a good swimmer; she was even featured in a local newspaper. In a moment of fate, while she is on a delivery job, she saves a student from drowning in a suicide attempt, and then she is scouted to her new school as a representative of the swim team. Despite her stubbornness and clean nature, she is pushed to attend the school that does not fit her personality at her parents' will.

so practically JanDi got to Shin Hwa because of her heroic deed..

In the midst of all the drama of the rich students and especially the F4 members, when she arrives she becomes a "red card target" for bullying.

i think F4 gave him a red card because of the laundry incident... i'm just guessing so i'm probably wrong.. but i'm sure she's attending shin hwa as we see in the preview..

note: all italize words/paragraph are from JanDi's profile found in BOF official site..and translated by Happy_day on the other thread...

Ohh now I know, thanks for that! I'm uberly excited for it's premiere! :D

hi sis sherica! hehe, you're on my link exchange at technicolor-dreams.org... kamusta ka sis?

to answer your question... Jandi will be studying in Shinhwa College, because in the beginning of the series she will get this award from saving a drowning. She ends up getting a huge swimming team scholarship to Shinhwa College.

--> around 0:42 Jandi shows up wearing her uniform :D

Heyyy I know you, Viel right? Bwahaha.

I'm good thanks.

Woah, so they kinda change her then? Cause she doesn't swim in japanese and Taiwanese version right?

yeah,, very bright colors,,lol,, she's a commoner,, not a poor person that can't afford clothes like that,, in korea there are clothes that are cheap that are cute,, viewers in korea would think they'd be over doing it if she was to wear really ugly clothes,, because in reality even poor ppl can buy cute cheap clothes..iono its hard to explain. even in the japanese one the girl wore pretty nice clothes lol,, i saw with high heeled boots and what not. n even in the manga,, the girl wasnt EXTREMELY poor anyway. they just made her seem overly poor in the japanese one yet the girl dressed in nice clothes. .

i was just about to say something like that

if you go to myungdong or dongdaemun, they have really cute but cheap clothes.

the other day, i bought a cute shirt for only 5000 won which is like 5-6 dollars

not to mention, korea makes really good fakes. haha

Guest pinkpiglet

i agree but she's wearing heels? she suppose to all the sudden

become beautiful because they dress her up on one episode wtf?

the casting was out of the image so i thought that the acting

was going to make it up but...the acting much questions me.

i think the writer tried too hard for the whole out of the country

filming stuff when it could be just as good if they stayed in country

and made a story just as high schoolers in korea. that was what

i was looking for but...seriously i'm dying here yet lost all over.

kim bum has too much of the young image when

everyone else looks at least 5 years older than him

lee min ho is actually not that bad. he is getting there

but he matches the style/image best out of all of them.

he grew on me i think...i've always thought that he should

have a main role when i watched other drama he featured in.

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?cli...%B1%B1%BC%BF%E5

kind of rude yet humiliating for goo hye sun.... :unsure:

Guest virvir111

i was just about to say something like that

if you go to myungdong or dongdaemun, they have really cute but cheap clothes.

the other day, i bought a cute shirt for only 5000 won which is like 5-6 dollars

not to mention, korea makes really good fakes. haha

korea doesnt make good fakes due to laws and wat not since the expensive brand makers have foot hold in s.korea since alotta krn women love big brands... n the harsh strict laws against fake production starting the late 90s,, ironically .. some sellers import good fakes from the neighbor country which the government doesnt really care for,, as long as s.korea doesnt make it themselves. ( is what the gov thinks..lol) ....lol. agree about dongdaemun lol.

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?cli...%B1%B1%BC%BF%E5

kind of rude yet humiliating for goo hye sun.... :unsure:

dont take that seriously.. every1 was saying she was so cute at the incident lol..

Guest manderley_angel

^ I agree. I think they just made her look like how a normal teenage girl would dress in Korea... its nothing out of ordinary based on what I've seen "commoners" wear in other kdramas.

Keep in mind that they are making this for a korean viewing audience... so the cultural differences are there. I think that just because the japanese version looked a certain way that it should be the exact copy in this version (all those complaining OR comparing based on that assumption -- frankly, its ridiculous). Of course, they will koreanize it... even down to the characters' clothes.

Heyyy I know you, Viel right? Bwahaha.

I'm good thanks.

Woah, so they kinda change her then? Cause she doesn't swim in japanese and Taiwanese version right?

^Yeah, sis. They changed it so that to makes sense that Jandi, a "commoner" can attend such a rich and expensive private academy.

Guest lntervention

Kim Joon's looking mighty fine isn't he? ;D

Quick question, who is his character meant to be in the drama?

The son of a company mogul type?

They're really playing hard on aesthetics in this drama for viewer appeal and I reckon it's working LOL.

I'm loving the character's OTT clothing especially the ones worn on the vacation.

Jandi's hats are adorable, she's giving me the cutesy-tough vibe with what she's wearing.

But isn't she meant not to be cute?

I think it's just my pre-conceptions from the JHYD though.

12 more days to go guys! ♥

Guest ilo7ese7en91

wow i juss watched the trailer..

but wow...the beginig looked alotttt like the japanese ver.

but it looks alot different..kind of and domyoji looks so much gentler here..

dont take that seriously.. every1 was saying she was so cute at the incident lol..

What kind of incident? The link doesn't work anymore..

YxoR, somebody said they are in highschool, not in college, I'm not so sure why they call it "Shin Hwa College"

Guest manderley_angel

hahaha, I think this is the new slang word now...koreanize, I'm liking the word, it definitely explain all the differences in this drama. Hopefully 3rd time's the charm!!! I am crossing my fingers and excitedly anticipating the koreanized version of BOF!!!

yup, haha... koreanize would be the new term to describe the differences in this version. sometimes i'm amazed at half of the comments here, complaining about how Goo Hyesun doesn't act like tough Inoue Mao... its like silly, each actress had their own interpretation of the character.

people should start appreciating Boys Before Flowers for what it is -- a korean adaptation of a japanese manga, not supposed to be an exact copy of the earlier japanese live action series or the older taiwanese version.

(oh, btw... i wasn't directing this at you... i'm just ranting)

YxoR, somebody said they are in highschool, not in college, I'm not so sure why they call it "Shin Hwa College"

how i understood it -- its a school that offers until college level, but the main characters are in highschool. i believe this is also the same in the original manga.

Guest MiyuKanata09

Merry Christmas

everyone..

christmas day in almost part of asia including korea...so i decided to greet everyone..

for us whoes in USA.. we have to wait for about an hour

christmas day is also 10 day before January 5..

countdown starts now..

Bannercountdown1.jpg

©Cha_gurl

Guest jvchou1316

^ oh yes it does. looks like you've already decked out ur signature with BoF goodies :)

10 agonizing days... plus like 10 more for subbing elafnaelkfnaklefn.

Guest MiyuKanata09

^ oh yes it does. looks like you've already decked out ur signature with BoF goodies :)

10 agonizing days... plus like 10 more for subbing elafnaelkfnaklefn.

I'm addicted into it even it didn't start already.. so i always request BoF goodies..if only i can put more than two banner i'll probably put 10..haha...i think i'm just too excited..

i agree about 10 agonizing days... plus like 10 more for subbing..equals 20 more days for us..

omo thinking about it..it really does pure torture for us..

Guest virvir111

in the clip when the F4 and jandi were taking pics atthe press conference,, the camera ppl wanted shots of just F4 together,, before they took jandi's solo picture.. so she had to step aside for like 10 minutes on the end of the stage by herself.. she just lookd like she was alone,,bored,, playing with her hair,, looking around.. it was a cute moment,, but also sorta aww...poor thing..lol.

the school is called "SHINHWA SCHOOL" there is not distinguishment between college/highschool,, i think the person messed up or something.. cuz they just call it shinhwa school.. shinhwa means the best and elite i think.

ahhh i really cant wait!!!! WELL, I THINK THAT BOFS RATINGS WILL SHOOT HIGH SINCE EOE IS DISAPPOINTING ME NOW. well...

yeah i heard about that... DCGAL ppl were saying that EOE is helping to promote boys over flower right now..lol.. all i ask for is that bof jus stays in the 10 to 20% ratings..

Archived