F4 2nd Teaser Pg 96

Guest virvir111

^ personally im dont really care for the comments on youtube because like half the ppl writing b.s comments are like...biased viewers for the other drama made ones,, its just obvious they r doing it on purpose,, they might not be.. but some of the ppl that have written those comments have been writing bashing comments on all the other bof korean version videos on youtube before anyway..lol.( can u make it any more obvious..) . yeah,,

krn netizens are actually liking the casting and everything.. which is amazing because they always have something negative to say.. like when goong casting came out.. krn netizens were soo mad that yoon eun hye and joo ji hoon got casted,,, goo hye sun the choice for the main role for goong too lol... but bof casting is prolly the only casting that krn netizens are actually positive about.. n they've said it themselves that they are surprised that they werent bashing..lol..

those scenes that has been aired were the scenes from the very first days of shoooting so it might be awkward.. personallly i didnt find any of their acting awkward.. since it was only junpyo and jandi talking anyway.. n junpyo's acting was good,, jandis ( da only part i found awk was when she dissed him out on the stairs..) but rest was normal.

Hey for the first day of shooting, I think the acting are pretty good. Like someone said ignored the antis there's alway people like that. Some people commented about GHS's acting as too cutesy, over-doing it etc., I don't see her acting cute or exaggerating her expression, it's was more like she was 'pissed, annoyed' and 'what the heck' and besides she's supposed to have those expressions...if they follow completely the character's facial features LOL, I can just imagined Jandi's cartoonist expression! I think she'll be able to portray Makino her own way and become the character. We can't based previous actress's portrayal of Makino and expect GHS to do the same. I am anticipating this drama so much because I want to see the way actors portray their understanding of a character and take on the challenge of embodying the essence of that particular character and become that character.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MiyuKanata09

just saw the long special preview and loved it.

some ppl. were saying on YT that they are not as anticipated for this or they are scared of the acting skills coming from Kim Hyun Joong and Goo Hye Sun as they are the love line connection, which is one of the most important parts in the drama.

based on what i saw, i loved it. i think it had the right time, scene and lines. it looks really great!

so can't wait for the funny scene coming from JanDi as well as drooling over F4! :D

it was cute when JanDi's dad was acting like a bodyguard as he dropped her off at school then the company car for the cleaners said LAUNDRY! great moment there.

Hi jina.. I also love the preview..

i think in all the version this is more accurate.. like how Jandi got to a pretigous school..

and how rich junpyo and other F4 family..

i also love that they use anklet instead of cellphone.. i think it look sweeter when he gave her anklet..instead of cellphones..

if i'm the writer of the original story, i will be more happy about the changes..

^ personally im dont really care for the comments on youtube because like half the ppl writing b.s comments are like...biased viewers for the other drama made ones,, its just obvious they r doing it on purpose,, they might not be.. but some of the ppl that have written those comments have been writing bashing comments on all the other bof korean version videos on youtube before anyway..lol.( can u make it any more obvious..) . yeah,,

krn netizens are actually liking the casting and everything.. which is amazing because they always have something negative to say.. like when goong casting came out.. krn netizens were soo mad that yoon eun hye and joo ji hoon got casted,,, goo hye sun the choice for the main role for goong too lol... but bof casting is prolly the only casting that krn netizens are actually positive about.. n they've said it themselves that they are surprised that they werent bashing..lol..

those scenes that has been aired were the scenes from the very first days of shoooting so it might be awkward.. personallly i didnt find any of their acting awkward.. since it was only junpyo and jandi talking anyway.. n junpyo's acting was good,, jandis ( da only part i found awk was when she dissed him out on the stairs..) but rest was normal.

I agree i didn't find anything awkward.. i think that is just how it suppose to be..

when i saw the trailer..i can really say that it is trully a live action of the manga..especially GHS's expresion..

i also don't care about the bad comments..

i love meteor garden then japanese came up..and its better but i never bash meteor garden..

if you watch them both you will know that they have differences..

this one would have its own uniqueness.. actually i really love the changes..

I hate people try to critize it without even watching the drama itself...

Hey for the first day of shooting, I think the acting are pretty good. Like someone said ignored the antis there's alway people like that. Some people commented about GHS's acting as too cutesy, over-doing it etc., I don't see her acting cute or exaggerating her expression, it's was more like she was 'pissed, annoyed' and 'what the heck' and besides she's supposed to have those expressions...if they follow completely the character's facial features LOL, I can just imagined Jandi's cartoonist expression! I think she'll be able to portray Makino her own way and become the character. We can't based previous actress's portrayal of Makino and expect GHS to do the same. I am anticipating this drama so much because I want to see the way actors portray their understanding of a character and take on the challenge of embodying the essence of that particular character and become that character.

I agree their acting was pretty impressive.. especially the beginners..

out of three this is probably has the most wonderful cast..

from the leads to the minor or secondary cast..even the mean girl are so great..

----

i know this is very random.. but lee da hae announce her departure from east of eaden..

since i'm LDH fan.. i will focus on BOF now.. i hope BOF will beat EOE in ratings..

for EOE fan don't be angry with me.. peace..

Hehe i agree with u 100% . And some pplo tend to forget that when the Japanese version came along some pplo were not too happy with Matsujun's casting. I am an Arashi fan and i remember lots and lots of bad comments on some fansites before the drama started. And not only did he win the hearts of the fans but the hearts of the critics as well. So all of these comments will be here and will probably get worse as the drama airing date keeps approaching. The point is to watch the drama with a fresh and positive outlook since this basically is just another take on an awesome story.

edit ------- i was reading some of the comments and some pplo here can give critics a run for their money! They can critize and judge acting skills on a 7 min preview!!! I am impressed!

Here are some goodies i made.

Untitled-1.jpg5863124f83b20514b2de052tn7.jpg436b54399c8d2fefb311c74io2.jpg151004020_L.jpg

151004014_L.jpg151004009_L.jpg151003003_L.jpg151001007_L.jpg

1229927816_151004019_L.jpg1229927816_151004007_L.jpg1229927816_151003016_L.jpg

10fd95c980531d0a7e3e6f4nj6.jpg1.jpg

1229927816_151005002_L.jpg1229927816_151005006_L.jpg

151004010lfl6.jpg151004025_L.jpg

151001014lri6.jpgUntitled-2.jpg

Guest jvchou1316

At the beginning I was very exited about this drama and I thought that casting choice was good, but now I've seen the trailer....well....I am kind of disappointed. All the male leads are physically attractive, but only Kim Bum and Lee Min Ho can act. Hyun Joong and Goo Hye Sun are not good at all =((( I am not being biased, it is just you can clearly see it from the trailer. And also I can't feel any chemistry between Jandi and Joon Pyo. But anyway, I'll give it a shot. It might turn out better than I expect.

i have to agree with this.

very excited nonetheless. I think minho is gonna be the starrrrr

The mean girls look really pretty. lol. Goo Hye Sun's hair isn't all that appealing to me. :(

But she does look a lot cuter with her short hair. Keke.

At the beginning I was very exited about this drama and I thought that casting choice was good, but now I've seen the trailer....well....I am kind of disappointed. All the male leads are physically attractive, but only Kim Bum and Lee Min Ho can act. Hyun Joong and Goo Hye Sun are not good at all =((( I am not being biased, it is just you can clearly see it from the trailer. And also I can't feel any chemistry between Jandi and Joon Pyo. But anyway, I'll give it a shot. It might turn out better than I expect.

Same same. The beginning I was excited, than the trailer came out and I was like ehh.

I have to agree though, Goo Hye Sun cannot act, but I was a big fan of Hana Yori Dango, so I am slightly looking forward to this as well...

The perm is hilarious. Reminds me of Jun 100%. Keke.

Cute goodies! :D

[/edit]

I'm waiting the 7 minute trailer, my face was like O______________________O when I saw the cake on the girl's face.

I felt bad....

All the guys are really hot! Keke. Han Chae Young is really pretty in this! [she's always pretty, but she looks really mature]

It's really strange to see Kim Bum like this! Haha. He's so cute! :P

Finally, a HYD I can understand. lol.

also, LOVE the goodies. thanks again and credits to you. where did you get the picture for the banner with JanDi and JiHoon, holding the picture that says Love? and the F3 one as well. i don't think i have seen some of the pics.. sorry for the questions

-jina

here are the pics

151004025_L.jpg

151004010lfl6.jpg

I made a folder with all the pics since they are too many. anyone who wants it can PM me.

I am quite disappointed that

people have already criticized

the actors & actress only at first look.

Ok i admit that after watching the

trailer,Lee minho & Kimbum

are the ones that really can act

well.In others words,they are able

to protray their role quite well.

While Go hye sun was alright in

protraying her role.Afterall she had taken

up a challenging

role as you have to take

into consideration that she is already

quite old yet she is able to

at least protray the role of

MAKINO quite alright.

(as in her age and

the role is quite far apart)

And about lee minho & Kimbum.

It isnt their first time

acting.So among the 4 guys

these two are the most experienced ones.

Kim Hyunjoong never really

act in any drama before

this.So this role is kind of

his debut as an actor.Thus he

really need some time

to know how to become

a good actor,an actor

that really knows how to

protray his role well.

While Kim joon,I think

it is is first time too in acting.

Plus in the trailer we didnt even

hear him talk,but after seeing

his dorky smile during the 'MASK party'

i can see that he have the potential

of protraying the 'AKIRA' role well.

The disadvantage of re-making

a drama is that people

would start comparing

& gets biased.I love HYD(the japanese version)

lots & im a big fan of the show.

There are lots of difference as the actors & actresses

in the japanese version are much more

well-developed as compared to these

bunch of casts for the korean version.

On the side note,this trailer

is only based on their first

few shots on protraying

the roles.I believe that they would

improve in protraying their roles

as the episodes went by.

It is too early to say if

they are good or not.

I think where improvements

are concerned,at times

critics are put in good use.

But too much of it,

can caused damage.

*well thats my opinion*

Guest MiyuKanata09

dada i totally agree with you.. its exactly i wanted to say..

well.. all we can do now is to wait until the drama aired.. i really hope they can prove to everyone that they can protray their character so well...

I love this thread.. it has a lots of lots of gooodies.. thank you for sharing gooodies...

----♥----♥----♥----

Source: The Korea Times 12-23-2008 16:09

'Boys Over Flowers' to Air in January

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

081223_p16_boy.jpg

The main actors of Korean television vestion of "Boys Over Flowers'' pose at a prss conference held Monday in downtown Seoul. From left are Kim Jun, Kim Bum, Ku Hye-sun, Lee Min-ho and Kim Hyun-joong. / Yonhap

The famous Japanese cartoon "Boys Over Flowers'' by Yoko Kamio will be broadcast next year through the small screen, complete with a Korean version of "Flower 4,'' that features handsome boys and a headstrong heroine.

Fans, reporters and camera crews packed the press conference held at a hotel in central Seoul, confirming the anticipation the drama has stirred for fans here.

The drama has cast four actors who were chosen from auditions: Lee Min-ho (Tsukasa Domyoji, or Goo Jun-pyo in the Korean version); Kim Hyun-joong (Rui Hanazawa, or Yoon Ji-hu); Kim Bum (Sojirou Nishikado, or So E-jeong); and Kim Jun (Akira Mimasaka, or Song Woo-bin). Actress Ku Hye-sun will play Tsukushi Makino, or Geum Jan-di.

The story ― about four boys and one lucky girl, spiced with the right mix of love triangles, troubles in school and parents and luxurious adolescent life ― captivated Asia, first through its original comic book, then through an animation, dramas from Japan and Taiwan and a movie.

Why another one, particularly a drama?

"I was asked to make the Korean version, and after some consideration, I decided to do it. Our version will be based on the cartoon, and I have tried to bring originality as much as possible,'' Jun Ki-sang, the producer of the drama, told reporters.

He added that he did have to change a few details in the storyline due to the cultural differences between Japan and Korea, but he tried to stick to the original plot as close as possible.

Even the cast had to look similar to the original ones seen in the cartoon ― from hairstyles, overall image and even height.

"Rui is 186 centimeters and so we tried to match the height of the actors during the audition. In the case of Tsukasa, he has curly hair, so Lee had to perm his hair numerous times just to get that perfect curl,'' he said.

The actors were thrilled to be starring in a drama whose plot is recognized all over Asia, but there were also hints of pressure.

"At first, I felt I just won the lottery. But now I feel the pressure and also the responsibility,'' said Lee, who is regarded as the most similar to the original character Domyoji because of his height and dark curly hair.

The former leader of the boy band SS501 Kim Hyun-joong also showed his anxiety by appearing as an actor.

"I do feel nervous and pressured, as this drama is my first one. When I watched movies or dramas, I just enjoyed them but now I focus on the way the actors talk, breathe and other acting elements. I just hope I'll do well enough to continue with another drama in the future,'' he said.

Compared to the male actors, Ku is a senior when it comes to acting, and she admitted that she thought she would have to lead the group, but realized that there was no need.

"I was worried at first, but everyone came so prepared. It actually made me nervous. I think I've changed a bit by acting as Jan-di, who is outgoing, strong and bright. I was uncomfortable meeting new people, but now I think I'm more like her,'' she said.

"We thought that the drama would be lame if it was just heavy and too luxurious. It will be more light and fun, that's why we decided to call it a trendy romantic drama,'' the producer said.

"Boys Over Flowers'' will start airing Jan. 5 at 9:55 p.m. on KBS.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

also credit to koreandramafanusa

"..... In the case of Tsukasa, he has curly hair, so Lee had to perm his hair numerous times just to get that perfect curl,'' he said.

People like to make fun of Min Ho's hair. I just felt so sorry for the actor. I can't imagine I have to perm my hair so many times, just to get it right (ah.. and the smell of it .. euwww). What he did is probably going to ruin the root of his hair (not to mention, it will make the hair dry), but he did it for the sake of the audiences, so they can feel as he is Domyoji comes out from manga. But noooo... some people still don't feel satisfy with what he had done. Gotta give him some credits..!

My applause to Lee Min Ho!

Guest manderley_angel

People like to make fun of Min Ho's hair. I just felt so sorry for the actor. I can't imagine I have to perm my hair so many times, just to get it right (ah.. and the smell of it .. euwww). What he did is probably going to ruin the root of his hair (not to mention, it will make the hair dry), but he did it for the sake of the audiences, so they can feel as he is Domyoji comes out from manga. But noooo... some people still don't feel satisfy with what he had done. Gotta give him some credits..!

My applause to Lee Min Ho!

I agree! Its kind of annoying how people always make fun of his hair... forgetting the fact that Domyouji has curly hair. He should get credit for at least being dedicated to his role... even as to perming his hair several times.

From watching the trailers, Lee Minho seems to be doing well as Joonpyo... his acting was up to standard, imo.

-----------------------

kkotboda_namja_officialtrailer10-52.jpg

Cast member posts behind the scenes pictures, on her Livejournal

Remember the blond girl whose hand gets kissed by Kim Bum (Soujiro/Eejung) in the official trailer? Turns out that she's a foreigner living in Korea, whose been casted in the first few episodes of Boys Before Flowers. She playing a French chef in the first two episodes, I think and her character according to her "helps establish who Eejung is."

From her post at http://community.livejournal.com/hydkorea/:

I am married to a Korean and living in Korea, so I sent my info some time ago to some talent agency. My first casting was for this drama. I didn't know that it was in the making before I had received the call. I haven't seen any of the other versions and haven't read the manga, but I knew the name almost right away because of how famous it is in Japan. [...] Needless to say, I am really interested in seeing how the drama plays out!

--

Anyway, my role in episode 1 is that of a French chef, but they had me speak English. We filmed in Korea, but we are apparently supposed to be in France. Too bad we didn't really film on location! Let's just say that my character's primary role is to help establish who Yijung is right off the bat. :3

Unfortunately, I cannot share the BTS pics she had posted because she specifically requested that her personal photos to not be reupload/posted outside of Livejournal.

You can view them here, however if you have a Livejournal account and a member of the HYD Korea community.

Guest virvir111

^ yeah.. in one of the interviews that aired,, kimbum said he was supposed to speak french,, but he sucked so bad that the director told him to just go with english,, n then the interviewer asked him to say something in english and kimbum was all like " uh..... i dont remember right now.. but if u watch the drama u'll see.. " lol... i think kimbum is sort of bad with foreign languages..lol. so cute.

Guest MinJee_318

Yay!! I saw the trailer for this.. and i just totally fell in love with it!!

Hyunjoong!! <3

I can't wait to watch him play as Rui, my all time favorite character!!

I just cant wait to watch this!!

Guest tesslovemusic

I wanna see it!!!

Hot boys...hot boys.. good story...hot boys, what could be better? :lol:

Hyun joong and Kimbum are way hot, and that other guy..not Domoyouji but the other guy

he's really cute too~

Can't wait ^_^

Guest discofuse

QUESTION!

Jan Di is an average girl whose family owns a dry cleaning store located near the luxurious and well known Shin Hwa College. Jan Di meets the four richest and most spoiled boys when she delivers laundry to the school one day. The boys are known as F4 and cause trouble to those who speak out against them.

saw that in Wikidrama, so that means Jan Di isn't going to study in Shin Hwa College.... like the other versions did?

Guest MiyuKanata09

QUESTION!

Jan Di is an average girl whose family owns a dry cleaning store located near the luxurious and well known Shin Hwa College. Jan Di meets the four richest and most spoiled boys when she delivers laundry to the school one day. The boys are known as F4 and cause trouble to those who speak out against them.

saw that in Wikidrama, so that means Jan Di isn't going to study in Shin Hwa College.... like the other versions did?

Sherica JanDi will go to Shin Hwa College..

if you already can saw the 7 minutes preview.. her Dad send her to school with their laundry van..

so she will be attending Shin Hwa...

as written in her profile in BOF official site..

From a young age, when her mother worked at the counter of a swimming pool, she began to love the water and her hobby is swimming. She is well-known for being a good swimmer; she was even featured in a local newspaper. In a moment of fate, while she is on a delivery job, she saves a student from drowning in a suicide attempt, and then she is scouted to her new school as a representative of the swim team. Despite her stubbornness and clean nature, she is pushed to attend the school that does not fit her personality at her parents’ will.

so practically JanDi got to Shin Hwa because of her heroic deed..

In the midst of all the drama of the rich students and especially the F4 members, when she arrives she becomes a “red card target” for bullying.

i think F4 gave him a red card because of the laundry incident... i'm just guessing so i'm probably wrong.. but i'm sure she's attending shin hwa as we see in the preview..

note: all italize words/paragraph are from JanDi's profile found in BOF official site..and translated by Happy_day on the other thread...

Guest manderley_angel

QUESTION!

hi sis sherica! hehe, you're on my link exchange at technicolor-dreams.org... kamusta ka sis?

to answer your question... Jandi will be studying in Shinhwa College, because in the beginning of the series she will get this award from saving a drowning. She ends up getting a huge swimming team scholarship to Shinhwa College.

--> around 0:42 Jandi shows up wearing her uniform :D

Archived