April 5, 2017

Yoo Ah In Offers Update On Status Of Medical Examination For Military Enlistment

kiddy_days

On April 5, during the press conference for “Chicago Typewriter,” Yoo Ah In received a question asking whether he has experienced any difficulties during filming due to his health. Previously, the actor had been diagnosed with a benign bone tumor and was required to have his mandatory military enlistment delayed.

Yoo Ah In answered, “If I had gotten a more direct question, I could have more easily provided an answer. While my bone tumor is benign, it is unusually large. As for the dislocation of my left clavicle, it hasn’t fully healed; however, I am able to carry out everyday work. I am trying to reduce any heavy exercise or large movements that might aggravate the condition.”

He said, “I still haven’t gotten the results from my follow-up examination from March 15. My case is very unique. Since this particular case is receiving a lot of attention, it appears that the military is carefully taking more time to make the best decision.”

He clarified, “There are people who are questioning why I’m filming a drama when I’m sick. But the fact of the matter is, I rested for a year until now without being able to enlist; however, I came across a great project called ‘Chicago Typewriter,’ which is why I am working again. I will do my best to not cause further concerns and to not do anything that will worsen my current condition.”

He said, “A lot of people ask whether I would choose my drama over my mandatory military service; however, enlistment is not a choice at all. I am not someone who has the power to . Instead of trying to twist the situation into something negative, I would be very grateful if everyone would view the situation in a warm light and wait patiently.”

Source (1)

soompi

• Like 2

April 8, 2017

Song Hye Kyo Shows Support For Yoo Ah In And His New Drama, "Chicago Typewriter"

jeeelim5

Actress Song Hye Kyo has stepped up to show her support for Yoo Ah In and his new drama.

On April 8, the actress posted a character still of Yoo Ah In as a famous writer in tvN’s new drama “Chicago Typewriter,” along with a caption that simply had the drama’s name.

Song Hye Kyo and Yoo Ah In are known to be close friends, and are also working under the same label. In a recent interview, she revealed that she feels like an older sister who treats him, as well as “Descendants of the Sun” co-star Song Joong Ki, to delicious meals.

“Chicago Typewriter” is off to a good start with great plot points, cinematography and acting from the cast. The drama scored average nationwide ratings of 2.6 percent, with real-time ratings peaking at 4.4 percent.

“Chicago Typewriter” airs every Friday and Saturday. Watch it exclusively on Viki!Watch "Chicago Typewriter," available exclusively on Viki!

Source (1)

soompi

• Like 1

April 9, 2017

First Impressions: "Chicago Typewriter"

hgordon

Here it comes, another K-drama for us to get hooked on.

ImSooJungFan.jpg

“Chicago Typewriter,” the latest drama from tvN, aired its first two episodes on April 7 and 8. I’ve been looking forward to this drama mainly because it connects modern characters to their past lives in 1930s Korea, and I’m a sucker for any K-drama that includes bits of Korean history. After watching the teasers, I was even more hyped about the quirky characters — but still not quite sure what to expect from the plot.

Luckily, the first two episodes did not disappoint. Mystery, comedy, and hints of romance and political intrigue… there’s something in this drama for everyone!

Warning: spoilers ahead

Plot

Han Se Joo (Yoo Ah In) is a writer, famous for both his best-selling books and his idol-like good looks. Se Joo’s latest novel is so successful that he heads on a global book tour and, while in Chicago, comes across an old typewriter originally from Kyungsung, Korea in the 1930s. He is immediately drawn to it, but its owner is unwilling to part with it.

Get yourself a man who looks at you the way Se Joo looks at a typewriter.

That is, until the typewriter, which appears to have an agenda of its own and the ability to control its surroundings, takes matters into its own hands (keys?) and orchestrates some supernatural events that creep out its owner (and me) enough that he ships it to Se Joo. Very mysterious.

Coincidentally, the woman tasked with delivering the typewriter to Se Joo’s home is none other than Jeon Sul (Im Soo Jung), his No. 1 fan.

ImSooJungBook-e1491777994100.jpg

As soon as Jeon Sul shows up outside Se Joo’s mansion with the typewriter, more peculiar things start to happen: a strange dog leads the two on a chase, an inexplicable earthquake shakes the house, and the author keeps getting unsettling flashbacks to his past life.

YooAhIn-e1491773787226.jpg

The strange events reach a climax when a man breaks into Se Joo’s house and attempts to kill him, claiming that the writer’s books inspired him to do so. Rumors surrounding Se Joo and his would-be murderer swirl, and between this and the frequent visions of his past life, the author finds himself unable to write for the first time in his life. These circumstances make way for the entry of ghost writer Yoo Jin Oh (Go Kyung Pyo), who we’ll be seeing more of in future episodes.

KyungPyo1-e1491778875597.jpg

The intrigue continues….

There are already a lot of pieces to this puzzle, and what we’ve seen so far has provided a good backdrop for the drama. With the introduction of the ghost writer and the transition of Jeon Sul from fan to anti-fan, the story finally starts to take shape, and I’m excited to see where it takes us.

Lead characters

The characters in this drama are expertly written; two episodes in and Se Joo and Jeon Sul are already both quirky and complex. Yoo Ah In is perfect as Se Joo, who is definitely arrogant and high-maintenance, but not unforgivably so. I have a feeling there’s more to him than the cocky persona he puts on, and we catch a few glimpses of this already.

Aww do I see hints of a soft side?

Jeon Sul is sweet and clever, but seems to be a little lost in life, which we all can relate to sometimes. It’s fun to watch her interact with Se Joo because she goes back and forth between the awe of being in her idol’s presence and indignation at his treatment of her. She may be nice, but she’s no pushover, and Im Soo Jung really brings both sides of this character to life. However, as well-intentioned as Jeon Sul is, she gets on my nerves at times — like when she’s a bit too pushy about trying to get into Se Joo’s house.

The drama has already hinted that the two have traumatic family histories, and we know that this is probably the reason Se Joo is so mistrusting of everyone and prickly towards Jeon Sul. I’m sure another layer of complexity will be added as we discover more about their past lives and how they influence who they are in the present, so it’ll be interesting to see how the drama unravels these characters for us as it progresses. I’m looking forward to watching Se Joo and Jeon Sul grow, and I hope we get more moments of Se Joo letting his guard down and showing some emotion, mostly because I could use more adorable scenes like this:

Pure joy… to utter disappointment.

We just begin to meet the third lead, ghost writer Yoo Jin Oh, at the end of the second episode, and I’m interested to see what role he’ll take in relation to the other two leads, as well as what part he’ll play in the typewriter’s plan, whatever that may be.

Production

One of the most difficult parts of this drama from a production standpoint is going to be incorporating the 1930s storyline into the modern one in a way that feels natural. So far, the drama is doing a great job switching between the two — giving us scenes from the past that mirror the present and transitioning between time periods with fades, spinning shots, and scenes that pull us into the typewriter itself and spit us out in the past.

The drama has also struck a good balance between the comedic and the serious, and there were enough moments of humor to give it a light feel despite the more weighty undertones, which I appreciated.

Final thoughts

Past lives, complicated family histories, an attempted murder, and a typewriter with mysterious intentions: the drama has put a lot on the table for just two episodes, so there’s plenty of material for it to work with and I’m looking forward to watching how it weaves these elements together. We’ve gotten a lot of set-up content so far, so I’m hoping the drama will use this to begin to move forward with a more coherent story arc.

Another thing I’ll be interested to see is where the romance comes in, because I’m not feeling much chemistry between Se Joo and Jeon Sul, at least in their present lives — although I see hints of it in the flashbacks to their past lives.

ChicagoTypewriterLove.gif

odg

Erm, is this love?

What I’m most intrigued by is the typewriter’s motive. It seems like in their past lives, the characters played some resistance role during the 1930s Japanese occupation of Korea. But why exactly does the typewriter want to reunite them in the present? I guess that’s part of the mystery, and I’m definitely hooked enough to keep watching to find out!

What do you think of “Chicago Typewriter” so far?

“Chicago Typewriter” airs every Friday and Saturday. Watch it exclusively on Viki!Watch "Chicago Typewriter," available exclusively on Viki!

hgordon stays up way too late on weeknights marathoning K-dramas and trying to keep up with the latest K-pop releases.

soompi

On Wed Apr 05 2017 at 8:43 AM, LoveBangWon said:

April 5, 2017

Yoo Ah In Offers Update On Status Of Medical Examination For Military Enlistment

kiddy_days

On April 5, during the press conference for “Chicago Typewriter,” Yoo Ah In received a question asking whether he has experienced any difficulties during filming due to his health. Previously, the actor had been diagnosed with a benign bone tumor and was required to have his mandatory military enlistment delayed.

Yoo Ah In answered, “If I had gotten a more direct question, I could have more easily provided an answer. While my bone tumor is benign, it is unusually large. As for the dislocation of my left clavicle, it hasn’t fully healed; however, I am able to carry out everyday work. I am trying to reduce any heavy exercise or large movements that might aggravate the condition.”

He said, “I still haven’t gotten the results from my follow-up examination from March 15. My case is very unique. Since this particular case is receiving a lot of attention, it appears that the military is carefully taking more time to make the best decision.”

He clarified, “There are people who are questioning why I’m filming a drama when I’m sick. But the fact of the matter is, I rested for a year until now without being able to enlist; however, I came across a great project called ‘Chicago Typewriter,’ which is why I am working again. I will do my best to not cause further concerns and to not do anything that will worsen my current condition.”

He said, “A lot of people ask whether I would choose my drama over my mandatory military service; however, enlistment is not a choice at all. I am not someone who has the power to . Instead of trying to twist the situation into something negative, I would be very grateful if everyone would view the situation in a warm light and wait patiently.”

Source (1)

soompi

I love Yoo Ah In and has been rooting for him after I watched Sunkyunkwan Scandal.  Let's pray for his good health.  

• Like 1

April 20, 2017

Go Kyung Pyo Shares Real Reason Why He Joined tvN's "Chicago Typewriter"

glee26

Go Kyung Pyo was recently interviewed by Grazia magazine for the May Issue, where he revealed the surprising reason of why he took the role of a mysterious ghostwriter in tvN’s “Chicago Typewriter.”

Go-Kyung-Pyo-Grazia.jpg

The actor admitted that a big factor in his decision to participate in “Chicago Typewriter” was because of Yoo Ah Inand Im Soo Jung. He said, “In all honestly, after I heard that Yoo Ah In was taking the lead role, I told my company that I wanted to do whatever it takes to be a part of the cast. Also, I heard talks that Im Soo Jung was also joining the cast after 13 years of being off the small screen. I eagerly waited to hear news to confirm their casting.”

Go-Kyung-Pyo-Grazia-1.jpg

Go Kyung Pyo also shared how he feels about his character on the show. “Unlike my character on ‘Don’t Dare to Dream,’ who was more rigid, my character on ‘Chicago Typewriter’ is more open and chill. When you combine his personality with the awesome wardrobe and props, I think Yoo Jin Oh is a really cool character,” he stated with enthusiasm.

Source (1)

soompi

• Like 1

ARTICLE ABOUT AH IN

http://www.hancinema.net/suited-up-stars-in-all-white-suits-105218.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

An all-white suit is a luxury fashion choice but it is also one of the most difficult choice. All-white suit is not only flamboyant but also hard to digest if you have a complex over your body shape. Even those who are constantly on the TV screen will hesitate when choosing to wear an all-white suit. There are few rare occasion when the stars did look fantastic in the all-white suit though!

Yoo Ah-in

posterphoto840856.jpg

Wide pants with oversized jacket combined with deep neck line defined Yoo Ah-in Style. Taking an old-fashioned glasses with the whole look added the classic atmosphere.

SKIP unrelated

• Like 2