So here’s where all the Yoo Ah In fans are at! Been a fan for years but mostly hang out at the Drama/Movies forum. I set up a page there for Burning but no one responded :flushed:

I am SO excited by what I’m reading about Burning!!!! It’s time the world recognizes the brilliance of Yoo Ah In!!!!

• Like 2

On 5/19/2018 at 11:39 PM, justamom said:

So here’s where all the Yoo Ah In fans are at! Been a fan for years but mostly hang out at the Drama/Movies forum. I set up a page there for Burning but no one responded :flushed:

I am SO excited by what I’m reading about Burning!!!! It’s time the world recognizes the brilliance of Yoo Ah In!!!!

I agree! I'm excited to see Burning and will wait for it from my end of the globe! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody ! :)

I am new here . Yesterday I finished watching ''Six flying dragons'' and here I am...as a Yoo Ah In's fan :grin: I was very impressed by his Lee Bang Won :heart: Amazing actor. Now I am searching what other dramas/movies he has 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 11:37 PM, happyfanlgx said:

Hello everybody ! :)

I am new here . Yesterday I finished watching ''Six flying dragons'' and here I am...as a Yoo Ah In's fan :grin: I was very impressed by his Lee Bang Won :heart: Amazing actor. Now I am searching what other dramas/movies he has 

My personal favorite is A Secret Love Affair. But he was also excellent in Chicago Typewriter (which I think is super underrated.). 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

2dff4537ba074e04a8c9db664a8e8e56.jpeg?s=

Kim Go Eun, Yoo Ah In, President Moon Jae In, And More Congratulate Director Bong Joon Ho For Winning Palme D’Or

May 26, 2019 / by S. Park

Celebrities and public figures congratulated Bong Joon Ho for his amazing achievement.

On May 25 local time, Bong Joon Ho’s “Parasite” became the first Korean film ever to win the Palme d’Or at the 72nd Cannes Festival.

South Korean President Moon Jae In congratulated Bong Joon Ho in a heartfelt message.

The president’s full statement is below:

Spoiler

"I congratulate director on receiving Palme d’Or at the 72nd Cannes Film Festival.

Award-winning film “Parasite” was acknowledged as the most outstanding film out of all of the films in the past year. It’s a very glorious event. I’m overjoyed along with our citizens who treasure our films.

I know how much effort is needed to create one film from the director, actors, and staff, to the scenario, and producing. Many people’s passion that was poured into “Parasite” created big pride about our country’s film. I thank you as a representative of the citizens. More than anything, I’m proud of the name ‘Bong Joon Ho’ that is risen as a global director after dreaming since you were 12 years old and slowly began working your way up.

Director Bong Joon Ho’s films began with our everyday lives and show the value and dynamics of that everyday. The stories that you find in ordinary everyday lives. I’m so curious about this film ‘Parasite’ and want to see it soon.

This is a meaningful year celebrating the 100th years of Korean films. The leaf of the Palme d’Or that we heard about this early morning became a gift to all of the people in the film industry who have helped grow our films and our citizens as audiences with high standards.

The status of Korean culture has risen one step. Congratulations once again."

Yoo Ah In attended last year’s Cannes Film Festival after appearing in Lee Chang Dong’s film “Burning.” Along with a picture of Song Kang Ho and Bong Joon Ho at Cannes, he expressed his pride. He also added hashtags, “Parasite,” “Song Kang Ho,” “Bong Joon Ho,” cinematographer “Hong Kyung Pyo,” and “Korea.”

“Parasite” is a family black comedy film about the unemployed family of Ki Taek (played by Song Kang Ho) and the strange events that unfold when his oldest son Ki Woo (played by Choi Woo Sik) enters the home of CEO Park (played by Lee Sun Kyun) to interview as an expensive tutor.

Source (1) / Soompi

• 3 months later...

'Without a Sound' first reading on July. Filming began July 29, 2019.

photo1084534.jpg

photo1084537.jpg

HanCinema

------------------

Special Report: Child Stars in Korea Part 2 [Entertainment Weekly / ENG / 2019.08.26]

You won't believe how good his acting is.
The top-class film actor, Yoo Ahin.

From a pretty 18-year-old boy, he's become an irreplaceable silver screen actor. :thumbsup:

• 9 months later...

Congratulations to #ALIVE Team :wub:

---------------------------------------

June 25, 2020

"#ALIVE" Breaks 200,000 Admissions in First Day at Box Office

Source: HANCINEMA by William Schwartz

photo1201699.jpg

In its first day of release at the South Korean box office, "#ALIVE" earned 204,093 admissions. This is a fivefold improvement over the previous leader for a post COVID-19 major release, "Intruder", which earned 49,583 admissions on its first day. "#ALIVE" also now has the second best performance for any movie released this year. The only other movie to beat its record was "The Man Standing Next", which was released back in January with 252,058 admissions.

"The Man Standing Next" went on to gross 4,750,208 admissions on the back of the Lunar New Year weekend. While "#ALIVE" is unlikely to beat that total given the strong competition in the following weeks, the success of the movie is a welcome relief for the domestic South Korean film industry. Previous attempts by mainstream films to restart the market went poorly, with "Intruder" only managing 522,921 admissions to date- a record "#ALIVE" is a certain to beat over the weekend.

• 2 months later...
  • Guest changed the title to Yoo Ah In 유아인 ❀ Finished Movie 2020: Alive ❀
  • 2 months later...

December 16, 2020

Guys, since Yoo Ah In agency and KOFIC finally confirmed the casting of YAI in movie “The Match” alongside LBH, I’ve created a movie thread of it. Please feel free to post any updates regarding the movie following the forum rules. Looking forward to see you guys there. Thank you. :)