Kim Rae Won 김래원 ❤ Ardent Actor ❤ Shining Star

ploy1234

Just wanted to share that I managed to watch Decibel in the cinema and it was surprisingly nicer than I expected! It's a fast-paced bombing flick, yes, but it had a bit more depth to it than others that I've watched. Everyone's acting was on point too. And Rae Won looked really nice in his white navy uniform~

:issohappy:

Also, all the stunts apparently were done by him so that's extra wow from me! I hope this gets streamed on Netflix or some other global platform. It deserves to reach a wider audience <3

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 12:58 AM, Jiyuu said:

Just wanted to share that I managed to watch Decibel in the cinema and it was surprisingly nicer than I expected! It's a fast-paced bombing flick, yes, but it had a bit more depth to it than others that I've watched. Everyone's acting was on point too. And Rae Won looked really nice in his white navy uniform~

:issohappy:

Also, all the stunts apparently were done by him so that's extra wow from me! I hope this gets streamed on Netflix or some other global platform. It deserves to reach a wider audience <3

@Jiyuu  ohhh............so NICE to know that you were able to watch the movie on cinema. I hope I can watch the movie as well soon. Sigh...."The First Responders" continue to drop in ratings. According to Nielsen Korea, the drama, which aired on the 16th, recorded a rating of 7.7% (Ep.10). This is a decrease from 8.2% (Ep.9) recorded in the previous

episode.  :rubchin:

• Sad 2

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Dec. 12-18, 2022

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/12/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-dec-12-18-2022/

Friday, December 16      

Reborn Rich 12 JTBC 19.8%
The Forbidden Marriage 3 MBC 3.5%
The First Responders 10 SBS 7.7%

Saturday, December 17      
Reborn Rich 13 JTBC 22.5%
Three Brave Siblings 25 KBS 21.2%
The Forbidden Marriage 4 MBC 3.0%
The First Responders SBS
Red Balloon 1 TV Chosun 3.7%
Alchemy of Souls 2 3 tvN 7.2%
  • Like 1

*** Closing remarks from leading cast members in relation to this event have confirmed that "The First Responders" will have a second season, and that filming for this season has already begun. Kim Rae-won, who plays a detective, confirmed the news as he expressed hopes that fans of the first season would also watch the second one. The drama will begin airing on July.   :Fist1:

[New Drama] "The First Responders - Season 2"

photo1605776.jpg

"The First Responders - Season 2" (2023)

Directed by Sin Kyeong-soo

Written by Min Ji-eun

Network: SBS

With Kim Rae-won, Son Ho-jun, Gong Seung-yeon,...

2nd season of "The First Responders"
Synopsis
A joint response field log between the police who catch criminals and firefighters who catch fires. The police station and the fire station jointly respond to fierce scenes between crime, disasters and emergencies.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2023/07

source : Hancinema

• Like 1

*** "The First Responders" ended its broadcast. According to Nielsen Korea, the drama, which aired on December 30th, recorded a rating of 10.3% (Ep.12). This is an increase from 9.7% (Ep.11) recorded in the previous episode and is the drama's highest rating. Meanwhile, sequel "The First Responders - Season 2" will also be in production.  :heart2:

photo1605780.jpg

• Like 1

*** The First Responders end this week — it's hitting double digits for some reason.   :Megalol:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Dec. 26-Jan. 1, 2022

LINK here : Dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-dec-26-jan-1-2022/

Friday, December 30      
The Forbidden Marriage MBC
The First Responders 12 SBS 10.3%
  • Love 1

Top 10 Currently Most Buzz-Worthy Dramas in South Korea for the Fifth Week of December

Good Data Corporation has just released the top 10 most buzz-worthy dramas for the last week of 2022. The list was compiled from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media posts about them. 'Alchemy of Souls 2' took the top spot, followed by 'The Interest of Love' and 'Missing: The Other Side 2'.

#4 SBS' 'The First Responders' (4.72 points) 

20221121_033450_076_0.jpg

Image Source: SBS

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

14 Highly-Awaited K-Dramas That Will Return With A Sequel In 2023

Check out the K-Dramas that will be coming back with either season two or season three in 2023!

K-Drama lovers have always enjoyed Korean dramas for their unique format that is different from the usual television series format in many other countries. However, sometimes this has left the audience craving more at the end of the final episode. Luckily for us, K-Dramas have started going for the multiple-season format, allowing viewers to get that extra fix of storytelling goodness!

You might be getting your K-Drama watchlist for 2023 ready. There might also be some dramas that you have been waiting to see the sequel of for a couple of months or years now.

So, today, we're going to take a look at some of the dramas that will be returning with a sequel (second or third season) in 2023.

Note: This list is in no particular order and is not a ranking.

10. "The First Responders 2"

Cast: Kim RaeWon, Son HoJun, Gong SeungYeon

Synopsis: Follow the joint operations of a police force and a fire department, who together will tell a thrilling story.

Why fans are looking forward to it: The ending of this drama sparked a lot of debate among fans. Although it was expected to end on a cliffhanger, fans felt that the cliffhanger was a lot more intense than they had expected, making them even more eager to find out what happens in season two.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/14-highly-awaited-kdramas-that-will-return-with-a-sequel-in-2023/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

10 Best Korean Movies for Learning Korean in 2023

photo1625182.jpg

In this piece, we'll take a look at the top 10 Korean films for language learners in 2023. There should be plenty for every person on the agenda as we examine films from a wide range of genres. We have what you're searching for, whether it's a thrilling mystery or a beautiful romance. Yes, this is usually a subjective matter but nevertheless, we tried to select only top-notch cinematography pieces that will surely help you learn Korean with films better. Without further ado, let's see what we've got for you.

photo1623960.jpg

3. "My Little Bride"

Filmmaker Kim Ho-joon of South Korea helmed this romantic comedy in 2004. Moon Geun-young and Kim Rae-won are the two main protagonists in the movie. Here, in "My Little Bride", a 13-year-old girl called Min-yeong (Moon Geun-young) gets engaged to a 27-year-old guy named Sang-hyeok (Kim Rae-won). The marriage is seen as a solution to help Min-financially yoong's struggling family. The engagement is seen as a path out of poverty for Sang's household. It is entertaining and touching since it deals with such universal topics as love, family, and friendship. Those who like romantic comedies will enjoy it for sure. But there's one more thing. You should know that every affordable essay writer can make an astonishing review of this film. So, if you want to know more about it, don't hesitate to visit some of them.

"My Little Bride" is directed by Kim Ho-joon, and features Kim Rae-won, Moon Geun-young, Kim In-moon, Han Jin-hee, Kim Hye-ok, Song Ki-yoon. Release date in Korea: 2004/04/02.

Conclusion

Our list of korean language films rounds out the top 10 greatest masterpieces for language learners in 2023. You may understand a lot about this language and society by watching any one of these movies, which are all superb representations of filmmaking made in this country. So, stop wasting your time and get yourself in front of the TV to watch some of these movies.

source : Hancinema

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Korean dramas to catch up with this year: From It’s Okay to Not Be Okay to Vincenzo and more

From Its Okay to Not Be Okay to The King: Eternal Monarch, below is a curated list of some of the most popular, highest-rated K-dramas of all time.

In the last few years, Korean dramas have witnessed a dramatic rise in their popularity. While the reasons behind this popularity are many, there are a few factors that massively contributed to its popularity. For starters, people welcomed Korean dramas for their eye-catching visuals, flawless cinematography, and larger-than-life stories. 

From ‘Coffee Prince’ to ‘Crash Course in Romance’ Korean dramas were loved by fans for their sheer relatability. While you await the release of some highly anticipated Korean titles premiering this year, here is a list of 31 best Korean dramas that you must watch this year.

23 | The Doctors

Picture Courtesy: Asianwiki

• Year of Release: 2016
  • Directed by: Oh Choong Hwan
  • Written By: Ha Myung Hee
  • Cast: Park Shin Hye Yoo Hye Jung, Kim Rae Won as Hong Ji Hong, Lee Sung Kyung as Jin Seo Woo
  • Genre: Drama, Romance, Medical Drama
  • OTT Platform: Viki, Netflix
  • About: Yoo Hye Jung is a rebellious eighteen-year-old girl who decides to turn her life around and pursue medicine. Despite facing a plethora of difficulties she manages to become a doctor with the guidance of a compassionate teacher from her school. Forced to part their ways initially, the two reunite as doctors at Yoo Hye Jung’s workplace. 
  • Reception: Park Shin Hye’s character became dramatically popular owing to her charismatic action sequences and witty dialogues in the show. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/korean-dramas-to-catch-up-with-this-year-from-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-to-vincenzo-and-more-1209789

• Like 1