[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

I already downloaded the new song. So addictive! Hopefully we get a live performance or an MV but IU chincha. how did you write a breakup song that managed to feel real but not going overboard with the melodrama at the same time? That was daebak. Seriously, I have no doubt that she already has her place in the K-music industry no matter what she does!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, marimari00 said:

I already downloaded the new song. So addictive! Hopefully we get a live performance or an MV but IU chincha. how did you write a breakup song that managed to feel real but not going overboard with the melodrama at the same time? That was daebak. Seriously, I have no doubt that she already has her place in the K-music industry no matter what she does!

I love the part when the lyrics is lil' conversation between IU & Oh Hyuk... This Album gonna be so GREAT!! can I say it will be more HIT than Modern Times era (MT was so amazing too). IU really know how to find true talents and make them joined in this album. You must buy this album bcs this is the full length album *whisper* (rumoured there will be 17 songs in it). And bonus we'll get to see Kim Soo Hyun as the mode of the MV :blush:

9th PAK!!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, meeibe16 said:

I love the part when the lyrics is lil' conversation between IU & Oh Hyuk... This Album gonna be so GREAT!! can I say it will be more HIT than Modern Times era (MT was so amazing too). IU really know how to find true talents and make them joined in this album. You must buy this album bcs this is the full length album *whisper* (rumoured there will be 17 songs in it). And bonus we'll get to see Kim Soo Hyun as the mode of the MV :blush:

9th PAK!!

Chinggu yah, Im confused. Is this a different album? I thought her album coming up is called Palette? I must be crazy to buy the first two pre-releases individually and then going to buy the entire album when it comes out but yeah! so excited!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, marimari00 said:

Chinggu yah, Im confused. Is this a different album? I thought her album coming up is called Palette? I must be crazy to buy the first two pre-releases individually and then going to buy the entire album when it comes out but yeah! so excited!

Modern Times is the 2013 full length success album and IU's upcoming album is to be called "Pallete" just like u said hhehhe.. the two pre-release song ofc will be included in the album. FYI IU's album concept is always different and u will be not regret to buy it. :D

8 hours ago, Joseph Lim said:

I cant stop laughing lol the dorks... they are really having fun.. and IU's ahjumma laugh! :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, meeibe16 said:

Modern Times is the 2013 full length success album and IU's upcoming album is to be called "Pallete" just like u said hhehhe.. the two pre-release song ofc will be included in the album. FYI IU's album concept is always different and u will be not regret to buy it. :D

I cant stop laughing lol the dorks... they are really having fun.. and IU's ahjumma laugh! :D

Thanks for the info chinggu. I onviously have a lot of catching up with my IU stanning. I only knew her from You're the best Lee Soon Shin and had only listened to her song Peach prior to Moon Lovers but she has really grown on me and I have never stanned a K-pop artist before.

And so glad that her ahjumma laugh is back. Seriously, who can't love this precious dongsaeng?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, marimari00 said:

Thanks for the info chinggu. I onviously have a lot of catching up with my IU stanning. I only knew her from You're the best Lee Soon Shin and had only listened to her song Peach prior to Moon Lovers but she has really grown on me and I have never stanned a K-pop artist before.

And so glad that her ahjumma laugh is back. Seriously, who can't love this precious dongsaeng?

no problem.. :D  i only wanna tell u, the more u digging out about IU the more you will be fall for her, U will be more surprised and amazed bcs of her, trust me bcs it's happened to me. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, meeibe16 said:

no problem.. :D  i only wanna tell u, the more u digging out about IU the more you will be fall for her, U will be more surprised and amazed bcs of her, trust me bcs it's happened to me. 

I know what you mean chinggu, It seems that I have turned into a fulltime Uaena after wanting to know IU more. The more I find out about her, the more I adore her. Regardless of the issues that surrounded her in the past - she managed to handle them with grace and dignity. She strikes me as someone who makes no apologies for being who she is and her honesty is what people love about her and not to mention her amazing musical talent, angelic face, winning personality I could go on and on. Whenever I read interviews of her, I always wonder how can someone so young be so insightful? My favourite quotes so far:

If I lose some, I gain some and if I gain some, I lose some. That’s what I live by. In actual fact, when I give up something, the world hands me something else instead. It’s always been that way until now without fail and in future, I wish to give up some things in order to enjoy the happiness I value

Have you ever heard someone say such things to you directly (describing you as something you’re not)?
Someone told me that he/she likes me. Reason being I’m clever in the way I behave. Because I’m clever and shrewd. The person likes me because I’m shrewd. Then someone else would say they like me. Reason being I don’t think too deeply and just say what I think. Then someone would say they don’t like me. Because I’m shrewd and manipulative. Then someone else would say they don’t like me because I’m dumb. So actually there’s no way for good and bad points to be in sync. I have no choice but to simply acknowledge that all of that seems to be me. If I want everyone to like me, how should I behave? That’s impossible, isn’t it?

On strength...

Strength is something like this to me. When you want it, you don’t have it and when you don’t want it, you have it again. We just need to live on no matter what. So I don’t worry too much about lacking strength. When I have strength, anyway the state of being strong is more tiring. But when you lack strength, there’s nothing you’re able to do. Some people say “it can’t be helped if you lack the strength”, but if you have a lot of strength and it’s not the kind of strength you want, you’ll be in even more agony. 

Seriously love her!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, marimari00 said:

I know what you mean chinggu, It seems that I have turned into a fulltime Uaena after wanting to know IU more. The more I find out about her, the more I adore her. Regardless of the issues that surrounded her in the past - she managed to handle them with grace and dignity. She strikes me as someone who makes no apologies for being who she is and her honesty is what people love about her and not to mention her amazing musical talent, angelic face, winning personality I could go on and on. Whenever I read interviews of her, I always wonder how can someone so young be so insightful? My favourite quotes so far:

If I lose some, I gain some and if I gain some, I lose some. That’s what I live by. In actual fact, when I give up something, the world hands me something else instead. It’s always been that way until now without fail and in future, I wish to give up some things in order to enjoy the happiness I value

Have you ever heard someone say such things to you directly (describing you as something you’re not)?
Someone told me that he/she likes me. Reason being I’m clever in the way I behave. Because I’m clever and shrewd. The person likes me because I’m shrewd. Then someone else would say they like me. Reason being I don’t think too deeply and just say what I think. Then someone would say they don’t like me. Because I’m shrewd and manipulative. Then someone else would say they don’t like me because I’m dumb. So actually there’s no way for good and bad points to be in sync. I have no choice but to simply acknowledge that all of that seems to be me. If I want everyone to like me, how should I behave? That’s impossible, isn’t it?

On strength...

Strength is something like this to me. When you want it, you don’t have it and when you don’t want it, you have it again. We just need to live on no matter what. So I don’t worry too much about lacking strength. When I have strength, anyway the state of being strong is more tiring. But when you lack strength, there’s nothing you’re able to do. Some people say “it can’t be helped if you lack the strength”, but if you have a lot of strength and it’s not the kind of strength you want, you’ll be in even more agony. 

Seriously love her!

WELCOME TO UAENA WORLD hhehheee.... :blush:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, jen459 said:

This is exactly what has happened to me. The more I watch old variety shows, videos, articles, the more amazing she is. 

Isn't she amazing! And only soon to be 24 years old. She reminds me of the quote from the Disney movie Mulan: "The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all."

Have u watch her Variety Show called 'Heroes'? the 18th yo Lee Ji Eun is so cute.. haha.. through this VS she found her truly bff Yoo In Na and Jiyeon..

here's the link : 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jen459 said:

Isn't she amazing! And only soon to be 24 years old. She reminds me of the quote from the Disney movie Mulan: "The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all."

She is indeed a lily after all. A flower that thrives in the murkiest water but managed to come up strong and beautiful ^^

• Like 5

Q. To you a ‘flower’ is _______?

tumblr_njx7k2WV731r1lfvto1_500.gif

How should I put it? It’s hard to express. There’s no particular word or phrase that comes to mind …^^

I think it’s ‘oblivion’. The reason being everytime you look at a flower, it’s still as pretty as the first time you saw it.

Obviously they are the same flowers you saw last spring, yet the flowers this year still leave you in awe as if you’re seeing them for the first time.

And when this flower withers, it falls to the ground in a mess. Knowing that people will trample on it, it feigns ignorance and in that moment, I think to myself, ‘wow it’s really pretty’ and fall in love with it, so that’s why the word ‘oblivion’ comes to mind.

• Like 5