[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

From IUMy last night together with my light purple nails..
It was fun spending the last few days with you. Annyeong my nails
Ah today’s concert was really fun!!
Translated by squishy with love
Cr. squishyBo0MkiHIUAAnS7T.jpg
Bo0MFYjIYAA3yMk.jpg
Bo0MMXYIcAAOyrF.jpg

@airbening: (May 26, page 326)

"why IU choose light purple as concert theme and e main color of the ‘A Flower Bookmark’ album??
what's the meaning of light purple??"

That's the type of question I tend to ask.

I can tell you that it probably was not her choice.  Album covers are usually a specialty job handled by an cover designer in the recording company.  Sometimes colours are picked because the cover designer knows what the fashionable colours are for the release date.  Fashion colours are often chosen years in advance in the colour industry.  The materials are made in these pre-chosen colours and the clothing designers chose their colours from what they know will be available.

IU might have the right to reject album covers she does not like.  Even if it is not in her contract, her company would probably listen to her (or most any other client).  It would not be good business to ignore the wishes of the artist unless you had good reasons to do so.

I expect that the stage design was more of a collaboration and she probably had a lot of input, simply because the whole mini-concert series seems to be pretty much her idea.  But still, she probably worked with a stage designer who made suggestions.  Using the album's colour themes was an obvious idea, especially since she knew she wanted to sing all the songs on the album.

Notice that her flower on the stage does not match the colour scheme?  I think that really is a personal flower that she bought and is growing.

Even if she did chose the album and stage colours, her choice was probably influenced from the clothes she wears, etc.  How did she buy the clothes?  She bought from what was available.  Why were those colours available?  Because the fashion industry chose to have those colours available.  Etc.

We have many choices in life.  Sometimes they are not as "free" as you might think.

Fine.  I like lavender and yellow. . . .

But it would be interesting if someone actually asked her this question.  Maybe if we are lucky, some reporter will read your question and ask her.

pigsflyy said: @akinahana89 originally california, but recently moved to texas.. miss california. how about you? just curious did you get the bracelet for the birthday project?

Man.. want to be at the concert so bad! @pigsflyy Sorry to respond so late. Had a family emergency to take care of for the last week. I am from New York, but have been living in Virginia for about fifteen years now. I haven't gotten the bracelet yet. Did you?

Guest agoodheart

buckwheat01 said: @airbening: (May 26, page 326)

"why IU choose light purple as concert theme and e main color of the ‘A Flower Bookmark’ album??
what's the meaning of light purple??"

That's the type of question I tend to ask.

I can tell you that it probably was not her choice.  Album covers are usually a specialty job handled by an cover designer in the recording company.  Sometimes colours are picked because the cover designer knows what the fashionable colours are for the release date.  Fashion colours are often chosen years in advance in the colour industry.  The materials are made in these pre-chosen colours and the clothing designers chose their colours from what they know will be available.

IU might have the right to reject album covers she does not like.  Even if it is not in her contract, her company would probably listen to her (or most any other client).  It would not be good business to ignore the wishes of the artist unless you had good reasons to do so.

I expect that the stage design was more of a collaboration and she probably had a lot of input, simply because the whole mini-concert series seems to be pretty much her idea.  But still, she probably worked with a stage designer who made suggestions.  Using the album's colour themes was an obvious idea, especially since she knew she wanted to sing all the songs on the album.

Notice that her flower on the stage does not match the colour scheme?  I think that really is a personal flower that she bought and is growing.

Even if she did chose the album and stage colours, her choice was probably influenced from the clothes she wears, etc.  How did she buy the clothes?  She bought from what was available.  Why were those colours available?  Because the fashion industry chose to have those colours available.  Etc.

We have many choices in life.  Sometimes they are not as "free" as you might think.

Fine.  I like lavender and yellow. . . .

But it would be interesting if someone actually asked her this question.  Maybe if we are lucky, some reporter will read your question and ask her.

edensor said: Talking about t-shirt guys...Yesterday Air told me that she is dissapoint when the IU t-shirt she bought online is in a bad quality. so we talk and somehow we have the same idea hahaha...So in the far months until IU's next birthday, we have a plan to make Soompi Uaena t-shirt kekeke...We will have to make the design first, esp... we have to make our logo first. Soompi Uaena logo :DLater when we got the design, the logo we can make a tshirt, exclusive tshirt with out IDname printed there maybe in the corner of the tshirt or somewhere.
Actually we just want to work it out first, trying the design and all and if its working we want try to offer it to you guys. But since there is that post on IU's japanese Uaena tshirt, its nice chance to throw the idea here.
The main idea is... lets say we got the tshirt and you guys want it, we then can take a pic of our selves and collect it as one and then... make our photobook or something like that, and sent it to IU for her birthday next year kekeke...
Yaaaaa, Eden! I like this idea!!

nikki89 said: in addition to @airbening

The fan was so touched by her message that he cried. His mum wanted to buy him a ticket to IU concert but unfortunately it was sold out. Another IU fan saw his post and decided to sell the sewol boy his ticket at original price so that he can attend the concert. This just goes to show "LIKE ARTIST LIKE FANS". The artist cultivates its fan with their values, morals and attitude that the fans behave the same way as the artist. Super touched
Wow. That's amazing. Uaenas are really an amazing bunch. You are right. Like artist, like fans. IU is a godsend!

WHEW. Okay. I got all caught up on 200+ posts! Thanks everyone for sharing the photos, fancams, stories, and translations for IU and her concerts. I felt sad that I wasn't able to keep up on a daily basis, but... well, things happen. I couldn't put off the situation here, so I could only put off absorbing all the IU news for one large consumption when I finally had a moment.

Even though I wasn't here and even though I couldn't keep up to date with IU, I listened to her songs everyday. They calmed me and allowed me to de-stress after the tiring, pressuring days. I don't know if I could have made it through the last week with a small smile on my face if it hadn't been for IU, her voice, and her music. She's a lifesaver.

I really appreciated each and every single one of the posts here. They really rejuvenate me... IU and JoU always seems to have that ability to do so!

Guest mumfu

Annyeong chingudeul, guess what arrived in my post this morning....YES! ASA!... my Re-makeAlbum...I guess I'm the last to get it...again...kekeke!

Who attends IU's concert not only Uaena apparently. Somehow I found this on Taeyeon DC page. The DrumU.She said something like 
"'m A small theater and this time the show IU,

Birothaeseo piano and guitar,

Drum stand to showcase a surprise 

News is that the audience receives cheers

Nice little theater performances taenggu look forward one day." according to google translate.

Glad IU's concert appreciate by other fans and inspired them to wish the same kind of concert for their idol.

UV0LDAV.jpg

nasc6jq.jpg

DC Taeyeon Gallery

If the small venue and intimate-more-personal-theme for concerts of Artists like IU is a rarity then cool that IU has initiated a trend.Sometimes big-venue, large crowd for concerts is tiresome as the people from the way, way back cannot see anymore the artist on stage.
As for the color theme, and the lights:Anything out of the ordinary is exciting and new (well purple from where I am is just common, specially for girls because they just love anything that's in purple kekeke). As long as it is a break from the dull shades of grey, brown, white and black I love it.It is a soft touch, and added allure.It is also very calming and soothing (similar how the lavender flowers affects moods, it's like aromatherapy but for  the sight/visual).
I like how IU experiments and try new things.  Play more instruments that I never thought she knows how to. Amazing girl.
I hope she tries more acoustic too in the future, because her soulful, raw, brilliant voice flows out more soothingly without much of the jarring musical/digital instrument sounds.
Lovely and Evolving. that's how she is :x

Guest 9jill9

KatKat09

said: If the small venue and intimate-more-personal-theme for concerts of Artists like IU is a rarity then cool that IU has initiated a trend.Sometimes big-venue, large crowd for concerts is tiresome as the people from the way, way back cannot see anymore the artist on stage.

ow IU experiments and try new things.  Play more instruments that I never thought she knows how to. Amazing girl.

I hope she tries more acoustic too in the future, because her soulful, raw, brilliant voice flows out more soothingly without much of the jarring musical/digital instrument sounds.

Lovely and Evolving. that's how she is

:x

Guest Obscurity

mumfu said: Annyeong chingudeul, guess what arrived in my post this morning....YES! ASA!... my Re-makeAlbum...I guess I'm the last to get it...again...kekeke!

Guest deeply3

edensor said: JoU thread went CRAZY because JJS come to IU's concert HAHAHAHAAll of our wish comin thru on the King's birthday. Maybe LATER another wish is really coming true too... confirmation *cough* dating...*cough cough*

Guest mumfu

I'm not the last... chincha?  Thats amazing, I got mine from DVD Heaven { the Son got it for my Mothers Day because they had PayPal ) the one with the Poster.  IU looks magnificent in her yellow dress, the quality of the poster is superb, all I need to do is to laminate it to keep it protected.
Btw my 87yr old non English speaking mother-in-law sings the Kung Ddari sha bah rah song with me every morning while we are dressing...I play the album while I am getting her prepared for the day....and my husband ( he's Tongan ) loves to listen to this album while he's resting.  I've made Uaenas of my whole family ...kekeke!
I can't wait to hear her new composition.  Tonights guest is Akmu I wonder what they'll sing together, any ideas?