[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

Guest mumfu

Annyeong chingu,in regards to IU's birthday I found this on YT.... to kick off the mv idea.
watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dpDlbHSL
OOps not working, so check it out on YT....Susannah Conway's Birthday Video

Guest maashi

the idea of the birthday video was great...

(a pabo question :-D ) if we make a video like this, we have to update it on youtube or send her ,or what??

and BTW, don't forget a party :-D

Guest mumfu

@akinahan89That's the one chingu, it is a very sweet, endearing and heart warming video.  A great idea I think, not reliant on the $ so more people could participate.  We could develop this idea further if people like it. The main concern that I can see would be the revealing of oneself.  People might want to maintain their privacy.I'm open to suggestions. 

Ah yes, I saw those photos. IU had a two hour dinner with them. Kekeke. I'm glad she's enjoying herself. I hope she ate a lot of delicious food too!

(Psssst. @mumfu, look at how IU is keeping tabs on her phone even when out with friends. Kekekekeke.)

IU + Psy + Noh Honchul + Kim Bum Soo = ...? Why they had dinner together? It's so random,kkk There's no way they had dinner together without discussing something... *curious* Mmh... NHC was a guest in Psy's MV, Kim Bum Soo was a spesial guest at Psy's concert last year. Maybe Psy will invite IU for his next concert??or his next MV?? Or there's something related to IU's next album??

Hahaha High4 is such an awkward group. IU is doing her best as a sunbae

[TRANSLATION] 140414 Mnet Wide - IU and HIGH4 - MV Filming BTS

Voice: Idols’ secret dark history!
Voice: Do they have stories from the past they want to hide?
Voice: Wide Special Video Project! “What’s Your Name”
Voice: Our star for today is filming a music video.
IU: Hello Mnet Wide viewers, I’m IU. Nice to meet you.
Voice: Don’t tell me, IU is the star for our show today?
Voice: This year will be the 7th year since IU’s debut.
Voice: Is she debuting again as a rookie?! Exactly what’s going on?
IU: This is the filming site of our ‘Not Spring, Love or Cherry Blossoms’ MV.
IU: With me here today is the rookie boy group, HIGH4.
[TEXT] -Hesitating-
[TEXT] Their first interview! Idols still lousy at doing their greeting.
Someone: Ah we’re supposed to greet the audience.
SG: 2, 3…
Everyone: Go up, HIGH4!
Everyone: Hello~
[TEXT] HIGH4 uses up all their energy from doing one greeting
IU: Hello.
Voice: Park Myunghan with his sweet vocals
Voice: Cute maknae rapper, Im Youngjun
Voice: Charismatic rapper, Alex
Voice: Kim Sunggu with his husky vocals
The star of our show ‘What’s Your Name’ today is the powerful rookie group that achieved an all-kill on the music charts, HIGH4.
IU: I’m a close friend to the HIGH4 members, as well as their sunbae. Today, I’m going to give them a few tests.
IU: Just a test of some basic virtues for idols.
IU: You’re confident, right?
Everyone: Yes, of course.
IU: You’re not nervous, right?
IU: Idols should have their own individual talent. Do the High4 members have your own talents?
[PINK TEXT] Seems like… they don’t?
IU: You do, right? You do.
[WHITE TEXT] IU tries to save them
IU: Clearly you’ve come prepared. You stayed up overnight to prepare some awesome talents. Alright, who shall we start with?
MH: I’ll start. 
IU: Yes, what is it?
MH: I can mimic voices.
IU: Ok.
MH: I shall mimic Lee Sungyun from the drama, ‘Pasta’.
SG: I have the confidence to win.
MH: Ah~ Can’t you hurry up and bring that here~
[PINK TEXT] Pretending~
[PINK BUBBLE TEXT] It was all in vain ㅠㅠ
IU: And what else?
[TEXT] Idol basic virtue 2: Vocals
[PINK TEXT] Dynamic Duo
[TEXT] Indeed! Talented idols who [win with their vocals]
Voice: Ah-hah! Next time, rather than mimicking voices, just sing for us.
IU: That was good~! It’s been awhile since I heard him sing.
[TEXT] Even his good friend IU approves of his vocal abilities
IU: Your singing has really improved a lot~
SG: It’s our maknae’s turn next.
IU: Im Youngjun seems to have prepared something as well. What did you prepare for us?
YJ: I’m… going to do an aegyo.
IU: Ah, aegyo. 
[PINK TEXT] Aegyo! aegyo! aegyo! aegyo!
[LARGE TEXT] What… was that?
IU: Alright then, the next person has prepared something for us, right?
[TEXT] Idol basic virtue 4: Dance
Voice: Myunghan-ssi’s dance. Wow, it’s full of feel.
IU: Isn’t there anything else? Nothing else?
Voice: This is what they’ve prepared. Rapper Youngjun and Alex’s hip-hop music video! They look like they’re ready to go on the ‘Show Me the Money’ show.
YJ: ???
Voice: The talented idols with unique personalities, HIGH4.
Voice: Members full of various charms.
Voice: Which of the members is the most idol-like of all?
[TEXT] None other than, Myunghan!
IU: He looks soo cute. 
IU: His face is really small.
IU: So actually I was supposed to sit here today (pointing to Sunggu’s place), but I really couldn’t sit next to him, so I switched places.
[TEXT] Myunghan’s small face that even IU wanted to avoid.
IU: Among the celebrities I know, I think his head is one of the smallest.
Voice: We can’t not do this on Wide, right?
Voice: Myunghan’s head circumference is 21.4 inches.
Voice: As a comparison, Wide’s Kim PD’s head circumference is 23 inches.
[TEXT] Why are you doing this to me? Kim PD who is humiliated against his wishes.
Voice: This proves Myunghan’s small head.
Voice: In order to show their appreciation towards their sunbae IU, the HIGH4 members prepared a surprise gift.
Voice: They wrote a rolling paper for you.
IU: This is the first time I’ve received such an honest rolling paper (collection of messages for someone).
Voice: Messages full of their heartfelt feelings of appreciation. You can feel their sincerity right?
IU: As we worked together, we’ve learnt many things about one another, we got tired of one another too,
IU: but I’m really proud of the fact that the song turned out well eventually.
IU: I hope the HIGH4 ship doesn’t meet big rocks on the way and progresses smoothly.
IU: When you win 1st place, be sure to call out my name as you make your winning speech. 
IU: Fighting! HIGH4!
IU: Yes, Mnet Wide viewers, I’m here today with HIGH4 to shoot our MV for ‘Not Spring, Love or Cherry Blossoms’.
IU: It’s interesting that this song is not for couples but for singles. 
IU: On a season like this filled with love in the air, there must be lonely souls too.
IU: So for them, we’ve prepared the song…
SG: “Not Spring, Love or Cherry Blossoms’.
IU: Yes, please give lots of love to our song.
IU: And please give your support to HIGH4 as well.
IU: Thank you!
HIGH4: Thank you!

Translated by squishy with love

Guest mumfu

Chingu I saw a post on twitter from kpoppa_IU ( I think it was him ) about the fact that IU received no moneys either through fees, reimbursements, payments or any other method for her contribution to High4s debut. Looking at the video @nikki89 posted reminded me of that.  Some people can't quite believe that IU would give so much ( time, effort, MV, Lyrics ) for no return.However she gave the answer in the first video of her interviewing High4 ( where she wore the hat ) she said that Kim Sung Gu is like FAMILY to her.....now we know how uri IU treats family....she gives her all. 

airbening said: IU + Psy + Noh Honchul + Kim Bum Soo = ...? Why they had dinner together? It's so random,kkk There's no way they had dinner together without discussing something... *curious* Mmh... NHC was a guest in Psy's MV, Kim Bum Soo was a spesial guest at Psy's concert last year. Maybe Psy will invite IU for his next concert??or his next MV?? Or there's something related to IU's next album?? I think maybe they will collaborate together??
IU was a special guest at Psy's concert before too.
Which, based on the fact that NHC and KBS were also guests, might mean that IU will be involved in Psy's next track?
He's the common denominator here.
So this is my theory.

IU reveals she confessed her feelings to a person she had a crush on last year

IU_1397527918_af_org.jpg

IU revealed that she is bold when it comes to love, even a one-sided love, and revealed that she had confessed to her crush last year!

IU was the special DJ on the April 14th broadcast of MBC FM4U's 'Music City' and when the topic of one-sided love was brought up, IU shared, "I don't have much experience with one-sided love. I don't tend to like someone first."

"But I did have a one-sided love before. I really liked him. The feeling of a one-sided love was really nice. Whether that person felt the same way about me or not, I was really happy to like someone that much."

When comedian guest Heo Kyung Hwan asked, "Did you confess?", IU shared, "I confessed. If I like someone, I confess my feelings." Hearing her bold statement, Heo Kyung Hwang responded, "Ah but we won't reveal when this happened." However the honest IU insisted that she wanted to share as she said, "Can I just say when it happened? It was last year," surprising not just the comedian but the listeners as well. 

When asked what makes her happier, when she loves or when she receives love, IU shared, "To be honest, I still don't know. I am the type to like everything about the person that I like. I am the type to easily fall in love."

It seems even celebrities have their share of one-sided love!

Source: AKP