[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

meahri66 said: 9jill9 said: akinahana89 said: 9jill9 said: hahahahahaha .... we should put a proposal together and then send it into Loen for handling their english speaking side!
@meahri66, @akinahana89, @iu98jjang, and @everyone 
we can certainly put together a convincing business proposal on why they should hire us!

I know a few words here and there, the ones most often used in Kdramas and Kpop... but I definitely don't know enough to form complete sentences. I've been meaning to learn Korean, but every time I start, something comes up and I have to stop... so I never get anywhere.

@9jill9  @akinahana89

LOL.  Well that was really quick.  I feel like we scaled the heights of Mount Olympus, got to view the home of the gods in all of its beauty and splendor, just to have someone shove us right off the side of the mountain.  

:)) :))

9jill9 said: It depends on if Loen has fluent English speaking department that can understand the proposal.  AND then then is the challenge of getting it into the right hand (one who can speak/read/write English + Korean fluently to understand what we're proposing)
edit:  though i really want to do it.  darn this language barrier   :( LOEN has been putting English translations on a lot of their artist promotions lately. I think they do have an English speaking department that would understand our proposal... but then... to get it from them to the important people who makes those decisions could be a problem.

Well... I think if we're serious about this, we should try it anyway. It doesn't hurt to try it and even if nothing comes out of it, we can say we attempted it.

akinahana89 said: I know a few words here and there, the ones most often used in Kdramas and Kpop... but I definitely don't know enough to form complete sentences. I've been meaning to learn Korean, but every time I start, something comes up and I have to stop... so I never get anywhere.

akinahana89 said: 9jill9 said: It depends on if Loen has fluent English speaking department that can understand the proposal.  AND then then is the challenge of getting it into the right hand (one who can speak/read/write English + Korean fluently to understand what we're proposing)
edit:  though i really want to do it.  darn this language barrier   :(

meahri66 said: akinahana89 said: 9jill9 said: It depends on if Loen has fluent English speaking department that can understand the proposal.  AND then then is the challenge of getting it into the right hand (one who can speak/read/write English + Korean fluently to understand what we're proposing)
edit:  though i really want to do it.  darn this language barrier   :(

meahri66 said: Well, I'm definitely going to dust off my Rosetta Stone.  I really do want to get to the point where I can watch my KDramas without having to depend on the English subtitles.  I also want to sing along with all my Kmusic (kpop and otherwise) all the way through and actually understand what I'm singing.  It would also be great to be able to practice with all of you on the thread, maybe not in the spoken language since we communicate virtually, but practicing on all the translations.  All that would be really awesome. My goal a few years back when I first decided I wanted to really learn Korean was to be able to watch an episode of a drama in full without needing subs. Now that we've had this discussion, I think I should try, once again, to set aside some time to learn the language. I have always wanted to go to SK and maybe live there for a few months (or for as long as the visa would allow me. lol) so... It's probably a good idea to get started, eh?

akinahana89 said: meahri66 said: Well, I'm definitely going to dust off my Rosetta Stone.  I really do want to get to the point where I can watch my KDramas without having to depend on the English subtitles.  I also want to sing along with all my Kmusic (kpop and otherwise) all the way through and actually understand what I'm singing.  It would also be great to be able to practice with all of you on the thread, maybe not in the spoken language since we communicate virtually, but practicing on all the translations.  All that would be really awesome.

9jill9 said: akinahana89 said: meahri66 said: Well, I'm definitely going to dust off my Rosetta Stone.  I really do want to get to the point where I can watch my KDramas without having to depend on the English subtitles.  I also want to sing along with all my Kmusic (kpop and otherwise) all the way through and actually understand what I'm singing.  It would also be great to be able to practice with all of you on the thread, maybe not in the spoken language since we communicate virtually, but practicing on all the translations.  All that would be really awesome. My goal a few years back when I first decided I wanted to really learn Korean was to be able to watch an episode of a drama in full without needing subs. Now that we've had this discussion, I think I should try, once again, to set aside some time to learn the language. I have always wanted to go to SK and maybe live there for a few months (or for as long as the visa would allow me. lol) so... It's probably a good idea to get started, eh?
Yes!  I want to go vist Korea also.  I want to go for many reasons but I also want to try being a stalking fan for a day also, not like the sasengs!  So many places to visit and shop!  kekeke ... Got help the local economy but I really, really want to try some of those food that I see in the shows sometime Oh, you can bet on the world that when I visit Korea, I will definitely play a nice but stalking fan for at least a day! I want to meet IU and JJS. LOL. But yes, I also want to shop and visit and eat and stalk some more. LOL. I love Korean food, but I question how authentic the Korean food is here... so I want to experience the real thing for myself. :D