[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

IU Talks About Her Legendary April Fool’s Day Prank, Moving To New Agency, Her Current Favorite TV Shows, And More

IU gave fans an update on how she’s been doing while staying at home, chatted about her recent move to a new agency, and more!

On April 17, the star’s agency EDAM Entertainment shared a new video titled “IU’s Homebody Signal,” which is themed as a radio show with a concept that fits how much of the world is self-isolating during the COVID-19 pandemic. She explained that it had originally been planned with her agency that the show would be given to members of her fan club as just a link to an audio file.

“That’s how it started, but then they kept making it bigger in size, they brought a camera and rented this space, and they suggested that we make a video that more people could enjoy,” she explained with a laugh. “That’s how the format turned into a viewable radio show. They even sent me to the salon. I’ve also just been resting at home.”

She shared that future episodes will be uploaded as a surprise without a prior announcement. IU also playfully teased the agency’s new content producing director by getting him to promise to fans that her IU TV video series will still be uploaded as normal, despite this new additional content.

IU then moved on to talking about what her life’s been like during the outbreak. “I’ve also had a lot of my work plans canceled,” she said. “My plans for the year have changed a lot.” She said that her plans for this year have changed to the keywords, “fun, light, and a lot,” adding, “I think, ‘When will I ever be able to spend a year without burden again?’ I’m planning to keep surprising you all with sudden events like this radio show.”

She shared that while staying at home, she’s spent a lot of time watching shows. “Lately I’ve been watching ‘Melo Is My Nature,'” she said. “And also ‘Money Heist,’ which a lot of you have watched already. I got into it a bit late. I usually can’t watch things that are really tense. But I’ve found while watching it that each and every character is so charming. I watched up to the middle of season two in about a week.”

She then added, “‘Money Heist’ is rated 19+, so I don’t recommend it for younger people.” She said that people should watch it if they like shows that involve a battle of wits.

She also talked about why she likes “Melo Is My Nature.” She said, “It’s light but also has a message to it, and it’s a good fit for the spring weather lately.” She recommended that it would be good for people who want to vicariously feel the excitement of romance.

“I also recently watched ‘1917,’” she said. “I recommend that too.”

IU next talked about the response to her hilarious April Fool’s Day prank. On April 1, IU uploaded a video starring herself “driving” with her father in the passenger’s seat, announcing that she’d finally got her driver’s license. However, she revealed at the end that she’d really only been pretending with a fake steering wheel while her father did all the driving.

“We got a great response to that,” she said, joking that their producing director had been really proud about it because it was their idea.

“I’d wondered if people would really be fooled by it, but everyone was!” she said. IU went on to say that she’d been the one to recruit her father to take part, and it had originally just been planned as a video of her alone. “So I think I should get about 20 percent of the praise, right?” she said with a laugh.

“It has 5.3 million views!” she added in amazement. “We’ve never had a video get so many views. I was pleased. To be able to fool so many people!”

She shared that she’d even had acquaintances messaging her to say, “You said you weren’t going to get a license, but I see you did!” She laughed and said, “Those people didn’t watch the video until the end.” She also added that she’s aiming for 10 million views.

IU went on to talk about making the move to a new agency. In January, it was announced that IU has signed with EDAM Entertainment, a new company established by her manager of 12 years, Bae Jong Han. All of her staff (known as the “IU Team”) moved with her to the new agency, which is a subsidiary of her former agency Kakao M.

“I think they’re hoping I’ll do a lot of activities,” IU said with a laugh, and she explained that she’s feeling more responsibility as she makes this new start. “I wonder if it’s okay for me to just be at home doing nothing.” She said that the staffs’ eyes had sparkled over the idea of the YouTube channel.

IU also talked about her agency head. “He’s a very quiet person,” she said. “He’s the most simply honest person I know.”

She laughed as she said that since her debut, he’s always put her first and would immediately agree that she shouldn’t do something if she said she felt that it would be too much or too difficult. As a new agency head, he’s now enthusiastically suggesting she do things.

She said that his reaction to the YouTube idea was to say, “Yeah, do a lot of that! Do a lot of stuff on YouTube! Sing too! And cook too!” She said, “I felt a sense of responsibility and I readily agreed to do it.”

• Like 2

[TRANS] 200420 Preview of JTBC Love Of 7.7 Billion

Kim Heechul: “I texted IU & asked, “do you mind if I mention you, whom I think is the coolest celebrity of all in our show’s next topic about malicious comment?” and she just replied, “feel free to do whatever you want, oppa~ 

Kim Hee Chul: I think we should handle the issue like IU, with no mercy. I think she’s doing a great job at overcoming those ridiculous comments and promoting her activities wisely.

Kim Hee Chul: She said she sued all of them but found it speechless when the perpetrators tried to turn her (victim) into the perpetrator for placing them in a disadvantaged and mentally stressful situation due to the lawsuit.”

• Like 2

Kim Heechul Explains Why He Always Recommends IU As A Role Model For Stars Dealing With Malicious Comments

On the April 20 episode of “7.7 Billion in Love,” Super Junior’s Kim Heechul shared his opinion on the best way to deal with malicious comments.

American panel member Tyler asked the hosts and celebrity guests if agencies in Korea take responsibility for helping stars deal with malicious comments. They replied that going to a doctor for mental health issues in Korea is still considered taboo, and Heechul added, “And if people find out that you went there, then it leads to more malicious comments.”

Tyler asked if there’s any safe place within an agency or within the celebrity community where people can go for help. Heechul responded that his agency SM Entertainment has a system in place where people can privately get counseling from doctors for matters such as malicious comments and the agency also tries other things to help artists with their mental health.

He continued, “Other celebrities and myself think it’s great, but the biggest problem with malicious comments is that even if everyone including your agency, certain businesses, a clinic, a competent doctor, and good friends are all helping you, a single post makes all of that disappear.”

Yoo In Na nodded and said it’s like being brainwashed. Heechul agreed and said, “That’s why the only thing you can do is file criminal complaints against malicious commenters. But it’s not as easy as you’d think.” The others agreed that it takes a long time.

Heechul explained, “Whenever malicious comments are brought up as a topic, I say that people should deal with them like IU does. IU shows absolutely no leniency.”

He shared that he’d sent text messages to IU to say, “I’m on a show called ‘7.7 Billion in Love’ with In Na, and the topic next week is malicious comments. Would you feel uncomfortable at all if I talked about IU, who I think is the coolest celebrity?” She had replied, “Talk to your heart’s content.”

After he’d shown that she was okay with him talking about her, he went on to say, “I think you have to respond like IU does. With no leniency. I’ve thought of IU as someone who overcame some ridiculous rumors and is a very wise person, and she said that she’s filed criminal complaints against all of them.”

Heechul shared, “She said that if she meets the perpetrators, they talk about some unfortunate situation they’re in or complain about mental stress they’re suffering because of the criminal complaint. So they transform the victim IU into the perpetrator. She was so shocked by that. And she never shows any leniency.”

• Like 3

[TRANS] 200422 Actress Ko Bo Gyeol: I’m the type to relieve stress through listening to music that matches my mood for the day. The music that I can relate to/ find comfort in. I mainly listened to IU’s ‘Story Only I Didn’t Know’ while filming Hi Bye, Mama

• Like 2

[TRANS] 200422 Staff of EDAM Ent: “IU’s currently preparing for her first-ever commercial film, ‘Dream’ helmed by director Lee Byung Heon. We’ve been told the shooting begins this May. We are continuously monitoring & filing criminal lawsuits against malicious comments too. 

• Like 2

EDAM Entertainment.

Thanks for all UAENA’s passionate support.
EDAM Official Online MD Shopping Mall will be opened on April 23rd, 2020 (Thu), 12PM

All the UAENAs who are from Korea or Oversea
can buy Official MD products though EDAM Official Online MD

Shopping Mall.

We will announce more detail on the homepages and EDAM Official SNS later.
Also, we look forward to a lot of support and participation.

Thank you.

Translated by _IUstagram

• Like 2