[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

i love her! her voice is SO mature for her age. her singing is like... sounds like such a grown up woman or something. she's so amazing! and i love her song<3

it just kills me how she's younger than i am T_T

hopefully, she goes far far farr~

I definately will support her. Love her voice! It's very...calming and soulful. She's young too, so lots of time for her in the music industry.

Hopefully she's gonna be a big hit. Can't wait to hear more of her songs.

Translation for Ugly Duckling

(remember, they may not be as accurate as how a real korean speaker can translate it...but...it's as accurate as can be, at least for me...:D)

upon request....

Ugly Duckling

See the far sky

Mom, where the stars live anyway

I see the lonely night

Me with my small flap

Ugly duckling, but the same

My song will reach the sky

You'll then be able to find me

The cloud stairways rising far

Dad will laugh and rejoice to see and hear

The day when I am alone, I will wait

Me with my small flap

But do not cry if your heart is sad

Some day I will also seek home again

Me with my small flap

One, two, three; I count the white pretense

A tear flows as I walk down

Guest StargazerBlue

My gosh, I wasn't expecting her to be that young. Good thing I'm still younger than her but...><; wow she can really sing, and she's not plastic-looking pretty either (more natural sort of pretty :D)

Her voice and the MV for MIA...whoo. I'm liking her already. I hope she gets the fame she should have, because she has talent D:

BTW, thanks for the translations and romanisations :D

Oh mann, another Korean celebrity that's younger than me o-o I feel old Dx <//3

Why must she have the bowl cut in the first two pics?! Dx

She looks prettier with long hair ! :3

I hope she's an all natural!

Will listen to her song when I get onto laptop! *^^*

Guest incomplete.

I'm buying her cd

I think it's totally worth my money

she has THAT voice that I really like

hope to see her perform more

thank you for picture guys

Guest lilsacredangel

Gosh, when is she going to show up on variety shows?! I hope she's not one of those stars that get forgotten... I really want her to succeed. But now and days, you have to have a "variety show" personality to be popular... lol I really wanna see more of her!~

I love her beautiful voice!~

Those cyworld pictures are adorkable!~ lol

Guest BubbleSeraph

omgosh IU's voice kills me..!

its really pretty and strong too! wen i found out she was around 15...i was like..WAT?!?!?!?

its soo mature!!! yeah i was totally shocked HAHA but she has sucha cutesy face! haha its adorable!

i feel like sucha grandma these days, seeing all these relaly really REALLY young artists coming out

but nevertheless, her voice is awesome and i like the fact that her mini album features a few different song styles

its good that she got to show ppl she has a few genres in her repertoire and not just a one-style singer

as yet, i ahvent seen her mv...but iv watched her perfs and especially with her debut perf since it was live and all

i think she did an extremely good job!!! i also really like the background music with the instruments and stuff!

its nice to see a female artist who isn't trying to use sex appeal as a selling point!! YAY!! lolz.

then agen....she is 15 so...itd b a little dodgy if she came out with sum provocative song/mv or watever!

newayz i cant wait to see wat else she has in store for us! i think she can go a really long way with her voice!

Her debut song is amazing... love at first sight!

I loved it that much so I've done a remix of it already... but I need your help to tell me what's the meaning of "Mia"... does it means "Missing child", or something like that?

Guest juhilove

I loved it that much so I've done a remix of it already... but I need your help to tell me what's the meaning of "Mia"... does it means "Missing child", or something like that?

yes it mean missing child

IU ( 아이유) - Vocal company concert backstage