[drama 2009] Tamra, The Island - 탐나는 도다

Guest kangki

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest 베로.aYm

still don't know the exact day of issue?

wah~

I saw an article in the Junior magazine, and I wanted to find information and don't have found much =-=

keep waiting Ù-U

• 3 weeks later...
Guest trulymadlydeeply

zomg.. im so gonna watch this. can't wait for more news and pictures. nice casting.. v different.

interesting storyline. that guy looks familiar.. from snow queen, eh? hmm.. he's cute.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest daretodream86

Fresh faces and new cast for a change! I love it! Especially the leads, the girl is really cute and pretty!

Thanks for the 'behind the scene' links, kangki! But why's it called "Tarma, the Island"? I would've never knew it was about this drama...

But awww, WHEN will it air? BOF is coming to an end, i need something else to feed my drama addiction!

Guest kangki

Fresh faces and new cast for a change! I love it! Especially the leads, the girl is really cute and pretty!

Thanks for the 'behind the scene' links, kangki! But why's it called "Tarma, the Island"? I would've never knew it was about this drama...

But awww, WHEN will it air? BOF is coming to an end, i need something else to feed my drama addiction!

20090109171839876f3_172612_0.jpg

Poster name "Tamra, The Island"

April 1, 2009

This thread was previously started by Huangsy; changed to kangki at the first post to maintain & update with related drama info.

Everyone please keep posting & continue sharing. ^^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pomato Soup

Pierre definitely can't speak English with a British accent, so if they make him speak English in this drama I will be very amused. He can speak English with an American accent very well, but if they try to pass that off as British English, I dunno. Actually, I'm not sure that many people will care (in Korea, anyhow). As unsure as I am about his acting ability and how his character is going to be portrayed at least he won't butcher the Korean or English languages. The manhwa seems so over the top and crazy... I wonder how well it will translate into the form of a drama.

I don't anticipate too much from this drama because the actors are so unknown, and I don't really respect the quality of work that Group 8 has put out before (they make beautiful stuff, but... not generally my taste). Still, I'm going to watch it when it comes out, and in the meantime I will be following this thread with much interest.

Guest bbZuSh

Ouuh... I can't wait for this to be out. *goes to read the mahwa* I wanna see till how much they manage to stick to it. :)

Guest Pomato Soup

I think I've figured out the title and why it was confusing me so much. Basically what the official title is calling Tamra Island (탐라도) is actually Tamna Island, the historical name of Jeju Island where the drama/manhwa takes place. It's spelled 탐라도 (tam.ra.do), but pronounced like 탐나도 (tam.na.do), which is the abbreviation for the Korean title of the drama (note the larger font on the poster). This makes it a pun even though the spellings are different. While it is pronounced like the name of the island it is actually a written abbreviation for 탐나는 도다 (tam.na.neun do.da)... how clever. Basically what it boils down to is an incorrect romanization of the title that ignored the pronunciation rules of Korean, but it's the official title nonetheless. Sorry, I just figured this out and feel rather amazed at something that's probably very obvious to native Korean speakers.

Guest iluvjin

Wow this is the first time that i've seen a korean drama with a white guy! I've never heard of Pierre Deporte but his hair is so bright that it makes his face look white! The second guys is so tall and skinny!!

Looking forward to this drama it looks so interesting!! The manga looks pretty cool too!!

Archived