Korean Entertainers who speak Japanese

wowastyle

Guest ..natz..

hmm who speaks japanese?

-SE7EN!! he started learning in 2000..he's gotten really good..respect respect ehhehe..

-BoA..we all know she's big in japan..

-Chae Yeon..i was surprised she knew japanese..i found out during her MC roll in Mnet Japan

-K

-Ayumi (she looks so much like a japanese)

-Stephanie of CSJH..i think she's quite fluent as well..heard her speakin during Mnet Japan BTS

that's all that i know of..

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest suejinners

BoA

K

Chaeyeon- she debuted in japan before debuting in korea

sunday from chungsangjihee

se7en

ayumi from sugar- she was born in japan but shes korean

younha

jo hye ryun LOL ^^

^yes Younha is fluent in Japanese ^^

-DBSK is pretty good but they are still learning, not fluent though

-Baekkyoung from 1TYM is fluent in Japanese, but haven't heard it yet

-Shinhwa is also pretty good

-Lee Eun Joo (ex member of Swi-T) is also fluent

and the rest peoples already mentioned =)

yup baek kyoung is fluent japanese...sometimes he writes in japanese on his cyworld and sometimes a fan comments a pic or something in japanese, and he replies, it's in japanese. also, lee eun joo is also fluent as joanna mentioned *waves to joanna* hahas. that's why YG thinks they might promote them in japan as well in a group with two other people, phryme [mc mong's friend] & er...this other guy from bounce who does the vocals who i just forgot the name of right now. ^^.

also, g-dragon from YG knows japanese but i don't know if he's fluent or not. sometimes he writes in japanese on his cyworld. rarely.

^yes Younha is fluent in Japanese ^^

-DBSK is pretty good but they are still learning, not fluent though

-Baekkyoung from 1TYM is fluent in Japanese, but haven't heard it yet

-Shinhwa is also pretty good

-Lee Eun Joo (ex member of Swi-T) is also fluent

and the rest peoples already mentioned =)

oooh! i didnt know baekkyoung knew japanese! thats awesome! does anyone know if harisu knows japanese?

Guest kangtagreen27

i read somewhere that shoo speaks japanese.

well, Shoo..i think she was raised in Japan for a while (if i remember correctly).

Shoo was the Japanese speaker of SES, Eugene the english speaker, and Bada..well..you know Bada..korean.

then same formula for CSJH. Sunday=Japanese, Dana=Chinese, Stephanie=English, Lena=Korean.

Guest Mirae-chan

Chae Yeon!!!

XD Brian said he wanted to flaunt off his Japanese skills or something but he didn't know any so XD

Guest nonwinky

i think i read in a newspaper that kim sun ah grew up in japan so im guessing it means she knows japanese?

Guest darkanqelxp

-bada

-shoo

-se7en

-shinhwa

-boa

-ayumi

-lee jihyun

-jo hye ryun

a few more to the list....ryu, k and younha

i dont think seven's japanese is adaquate to be fluent.... :sweatingbullets: just my opinion because his japanese is still bad to mee

Guest BendyStraw

The only ones who are really fluent are Shoo and Ayumi. However, Sunday and BoA are probably know the best of the ones who learned Japanese for the music industry. TVXQ, Rain, SE7EN, TRAX, and ECT are not fluent. Some sound terrible in Japanese... like they make me laugh... lol. But I think TRAX of the ones who are currently learning Japanese have better pronunciation than most...

Guest kangtagreen27

^ yeah, i read an article on the TRAX a while back. it was translated from a Japanese magazine.

i remember typhoon saying how he was worried about his pronunciation when he was recording the Japanese version of Tears, but the Japanese staff and manager told him it was good. like...he sounded very natural. the interviewer even asked him what his secret was.

so i presume itz must be good. i kinda thought so.

and knowing Rose...he did say he lived in Japan for a while cuz his mom use to travel.

as for Attack and X-Mas, i think they've alwayse been listening to j-rock...i think.

if i remember correctly...a few of their favorite musicians they listed were Japanese artist.

and shinhwa...japanese..??...

i dunno...some reason i find that hard to believe. ^L^. sorrie shinhwa fans. maybe i just don't know them all that well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest nglkt

rain of course he sang sad tango, freeway, slowly in jap and he had a fan club meeting in japan speaking pure jap!

• 2 years later...
Guest 크라운유리

BOA (Fluent)

DBSK (Fluent)

Ayumi (Fluent)

SNSD's Soo Young (Fluent)

Super Junior's Sung Min (Basic)

Guest AkiraXHebe

I don't speak Japanese but i've heard that Younha and Lena Park're good. I guess Sunday of CSJH's fluent too, cuz' she used to debut in Japan as a solo singer before CSJH (and the girls're mostly in Japan now).

Guest superstar`kiss

TVXQ and SS501 are the same in fluency I think.

TVXQ might know it more because they speak it more & are there more.

Shinhwa knows some. haha, Dongwan knows the most.

Archived