Avex World Audition 2008 (japanese Company)

Guest JiNi;

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NEW*AGE

^ thanks for posting that.

I think AVEX is making an Filipina group.

Personally, I don't think so.

Avex isn't the type to make a group of all foreigners.

I think they're training solo artists.

There have been no Filipino artists (that I know of) in Japan. If they debut as a group, I think their chances go wayyyy down.

Guest avexlover1230

Personally, I don't think so.

Avex isn't the type to make a group of all foreigners.

I think they're training solo artists.

There have been no Filipino artists (that I know of) in Japan. If they debut as a group, I think their chances go wayyyy down.

I was thinking the same thing too, but we never know,,,avex might wanna try something NEW!!

Im getting a bit upset because we have been waiting for a LONG TIME and we do not even know when do we have to wait until.....

Avex might be putting many effort for choosing finalists, but this is just too long..

I might being self-fish,,,,but its has already being MORE THAN 4 MONTHS now.

Avex should at least post on the website like " We will be contacting finalists until ***th", so that we all don't have to be too worried about it.

Guest ledolce

From the youtube links that NEW*AGE

the girls are all Filipino-American, one of AVEX

producer/head? saw them in youtube and

made them go to Japan [all expenses paid]

to go to AVEX and practice & learn from AVEX

dance and vocal teachers.... I think they are 5 Girls.

I'm sooooo jelous I want to be like them! lol

Nothing is impossible now ...

Especially that Charice is gaining a lot of attention.

Filipinos are being much more welcomed now in terms of talent.

and I think they have contacted the Finalists for the

last part of the auditions last month or so since it's happening on the 20th.

Guest NEW*AGE

From the youtube links that NEW*AGE

the girls are all Filipino-American, one of AVEX

producer/head? saw them in youtube and

made them go to Japan [all expenses paid]

to go to AVEX and practice & learn from AVEX

dance and vocal teachers.... I think they are 5 Girls.

I'm sooooo jelous I want to be like them! lol

Nothing is impossible now ...

Especially that Charice is gaining a lot of attention.

Filipinos are being much more welcomed now in terms of talent.

and I think they have contacted the Finalists for the

last part of the auditions last month or so since it's happening on the 20th.

5 of them got to go, but they only signed 2 of them.

Guest NEW*AGE

^ Thanks for the info... Are they gonna market them in Japan or

in International market? Can't wait to see what will happen to them.

That we don't know.

But they are teaching them Japanese, so maybe both?

Guest joy yellow

idk i auditioned for the star search

they said that they took two people from teh star search who were older and put them in the world audition and

right now, the world audition winners are already in japan for the rest of the contest

i just had a photo shoot with them in ny and somehow... my twin brother got in with it on short notice aka came into my photo shoot and we took pictures together... not sure how happy i am about that lol

they did the photo shoot becuase the quality of the video in the auditions weren't quite where they wanted it so they wanted to see closer

they put WAY too much make up on me no offense to them

Guest NEW*AGE

Hmm...both of the filipinoes are so lucky..one of them was scouted online?

Both were scouted online.

idk i auditioned for the star search

they said that they took two people from teh star search who were older and put them in the world audition and

right now, the world audition winners are already in japan for the rest of the contest

i just had a photo shoot with them in ny and somehow... my twin brother got in with it on short notice aka came into my photo shoot and we took pictures together... not sure how happy i am about that lol

they did the photo shoot becuase the quality of the video in the auditions weren't quite where they wanted it so they wanted to see closer

they put WAY too much make up on me no offense to them

Did they mention that they were done contacting people?

Guest mihsayam

That we don't know.

But they are teaching them Japanese, so maybe both?

Aren't the two back in the US? But their profiles state they're still signed with Avex. The two aren't saying much about it so...I'm curious what's going on since one time they blog all about it...then nada. All gone.

I'm thinking they could be for a group though. Maybe AVEX is planning for a new SPEED or something, only more interracial. The two Filipinos might be back when the audition winners are fully announces the winners for further training. But I'm really wondering why the two are back in the US. Because frankly, if I were AVEX, I would totally give them intersive Nihonggo lessons if I signed them up already.

Guest fantasiimaker

Here's the person who won the avex World Audition 2008, Artist category.

His name is "Ko Shin", 24 years old, and he's from Shanghai, China, currently studying abroad at a Japanese school. His Japanese appears to be nearly fluent, and he performed an original song for the audition. News articles also note that he had a part time job at a bar performing music (singing and piano, probably). Koda Kumi, who was the presenter for his award and flower bouquet, called him handsome. : )

Apparently, he is promised a CD debut. He also hopes to perform back in Shanghai one day.

i have some videos and info on the audition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtFq9eozbI8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhO0fRqt5fw

Chinese entertainers shine at event held to celebrate Avex’s 20th anniversary

Tuesday 24th February, 05:54 AM JST

TOKYO — The final round of Avex’s “World Audition” was held at Zepp Tokyo in Ome this week, with Chinese entertainers taking out several of the awards. More than 19,000 people from Asia, the U.S. and Europe applied to enter the six-category competition held by entertainment giant Avex to celebrate its 20th anniversary.

Exchange student Shin Ko, 24, took out the grand prix and commanded most of the attention. Ko came to Japan two years ago and is currently in his second year at a Japanese school in Tokyo. He sings and plays the piano at bars in his evenings, and sang one of his Japanese songs in the final round on Sunday. Singer Kumi Koda, 26, who came close to taking out the grand prix in 2000, presented Ko with a bouquet of flowers on stage. She offered some advice to Ko and told him to try not to imitate anyone else, but to preserve his individuality.

Yuchi Ryu, a 22-year-old Chinese model, won in the model category. After she accepted the prize, she declared in Japanese her ambition of becoming one of the world’s top supermodels.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/enterta...0th-anniversary

Guest avexlover1230

I saw the video of him singing at the final audition on youtube, and I thought he sings really well, and speaks Japanese like really fluent:D:D

How lucky he got to meet koda kumi.

Im like her biggest fan,,,,

Im kinda jealous...lol

Archived