Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest JiNi;

Avex World Audition 2008 (japanese Company)

Guest oddlykara

Does anyone know the format for height I'm 5'2 an 1/2 but I don't

know how to right that in the format their askin for......fot the Avex Star Search HELP!

Height: (please use format: 0' 00")

I'm 5'7.3 ft so I put 5'73" I figure they'll now what I mean, I ment to enter my hight as 171 cm but I was super tired, and hit the send button before I realized what I had done.

Guest Dirtycash23

I'm 5'7.3 ft so I put 5'73" I figure they'll now what I mean, I ment to enter my hight as 171 cm but I was super tired, and hit the send button before I realized what I had done.

oh ok thanks so much....and goodluck to everyone who applied! ^__^

Guest flyaway.

Good luck to the people auditioning tomorrow in LA! =)

And if possible, could you guys please ask someone (a worker) when they're doing callbacks?

I'm like dying to know. >.<

Guest Ireth_hime

Hi! (First post :ph34r: )

Anyone else applying internationally though the online thingy?

I'd like to get your opinion on which of these songs I should use for my application

Bright -Brightest Star: http://www.upload-mp3.com/pfiles/31979/bri...ststarcover.mp3

Matsuura Aya - Watarasebashi: http://www.upload-mp3.com/pfiles/31967/wat...ebashicover.mp3

I've never done anything like this before, not even sung at school! so I hope they're OK :sweatingbullets:

thanks!

Guest KawaiiDreamer

omg it seems like everybody here is goin on saturday... am I the only one that is goin on sunday...? >< lol well anyways is anybody here gonna act for them?

Guest Dirtycash23

Hi! (First post :ph34r: )

Anyone else applying internationally though the online thingy?

I'd like to get your opinion on which of these songs I should use for my application

Bright -Brightest Star: http://www.upload-mp3.com/pfiles/31979/bri...ststarcover.mp3

Matsuura Aya - Watarasebashi: http://www.upload-mp3.com/pfiles/31967/wat...ebashicover.mp3

I've never done anything like this before, not even sung at school! so I hope they're OK :sweatingbullets:

thanks!

I like both but I really like brightest star to impress the judges an you have nice pitch by the way

Guest purexox

I emailed avex twice about where and by when i should "submit a high quality video" to them. since i dont live anywhere near the 3 audition locations they asked me to send a video. I still havent gotten a response and its been more than a week ]:

does anyone know what they mean by submitting a high quality video?

do i mail them a cassette or something?

Guest ingeni0us

I like both but I really like brightest star to impress the judges an you have nice pitch by the way

They may mean send them a video of yourself because during the audition, they were recording us with a video camera.

Guest ewix

the call back is at Feb or March ;[

Guest purexox

They may mean send them a video of yourself because during the audition, they were recording us with a video camera.

how do i send it? through mail or email? youtube...? O_o

Guest HappyToast

6 days till my NY Auditions...

I'M SCARED! i'm really nervous and i'm freaking out!!! I'm Singing Crush by David Archuleta. (ima sing half in english and the other half in japanese) i'm just too nervous right now!!! ARGH!

Guest YummiBoi

How long does it take them to send back an invitation?

Guest Ariah`

6 days till my NY Auditions...

I'M SCARED! i'm really nervous and i'm freaking out!!! I'm Singing Crush by David Archuleta. (ima sing half in english and the other half in japanese) i'm just too nervous right now!!! ARGH!

It might be a good idea to start with the Japanese part. Because it sounds like they may be stopping people halfway through and they would definitely want to here you sing in Japanese.

Just a suggestion from reading the stuff over in the Experiences thread.

Also, I can't decide whether or not to bring my violin. =X Sounds like they were behind at the LA audition, so it might be the same way in NY. And if they are, they probably wouldn't want to see a second talent. I don't want to bring my violin if I don't need to, though I'd really like to play for them.

I guess I could bring it along just in case. x.x

Guest giraffenglish

I wanted to know if groups are allowed to audition. We are fine with the language and everything, but we don't know if our ethic backgrounds are suited. I am full japanese, another is half japanese irish, and the last one is half filipino, caucasian and a quarter japanese. Is this a problem? Also, are we even allowed to audition as a group? I have read their site and they did say something about groups, but not much more. Does that mean we have to send three different applications or just one for the three of us? Also, the form doesn't allow for a group photo. Another issue is that we live in hawaii D:

Guest amandalil

I emailed avex twice about where and by when i should "submit a high quality video" to them. since i dont live anywhere near the 3 audition locations they asked me to send a video. I still havent gotten a response and its been more than a week ]:

does anyone know what they mean by submitting a high quality video?

do i mail them a cassette or something?

HIgh quality video on dvd where they can hear you voice clearly.... The due date is 28th>< so fast.

Guest t 0 k y o

HIgh quality video on dvd where they can hear you voice clearly.... The due date is 28th>< so fast.

^

so does that mean US residents can audition for the World Audition too

and just do the Web part since a lot of ppl can't make it to the locations?????

Guest ingeni0us

^

I think it may be harder if you apply for the World Auditions since there are more people, but that's just my opinion...

Guest a_dreamer143

^

I think it may be harder if you apply for the World Auditions since there are more people, but that's just my opinion...

jus a quick question..they do judge them separately right?

Guest t 0 k y o

ingeni0us & a_dreamer143: yeah i think it is harder too.. but its confusing because the Star Search, though it is for the US,

it is a part of the World Audition too, so, I don't know if they're going to combine both and judge or what..

Avex doesn't really say on that part so yeah...

and also, i think, imo, it would have been fair if they provided a Web link, like they did for the World, for ppl who couldn't make it to those 3 locations...

UNLESS, they are separating the ppl who are from the US that are using the Web link from the World, apart from the other countries, which i hope they do :D

Guest xlilywhite

Ughh; did anyone do acting at all ? ><"""