Boa's American Debut! (boaamerica.com)

Guest EricXL

"Eat You Up" Promotional Activities | Album Releases in 2009

UPDATE (10/23/08):

Taken from suejinners @ BoAjjang Forums

"BoA and even former employees were not able to hide their surprise," a SM representative said after they were notified of how BoA managed to make her way up onto Amazon and iTunes charts. "It's a good start because we didn't publicly release the song nor do promotions. It will accelerate her growth from being Asia's Diva to a Worldwide Diva."

Next week BoA will go around TV stations in the U.S. to start full-scale promotional activities. She will go on local radio stations, tv programs and visit music stores to promote and increase awareness .

SM revealed that they will be taking highlights from the Eat You up mv by director Cha Eun Taek and showing them on large screens in New York and Los Angeles. The promotional video will be shown every 2 minutes at New York's Broadway and will continously be shown at LA's Wilshire Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

The large screen promotions will continue for the next 3 months revealing other various clips in sequential order.

Plans on releasing her first album early next year and having a national tour have not changed. The title track off her album Look Who's Talking, which is a strong song but is not by the same team that made Eat You Up. The song has been completed along with the choreography.

UPDATE (10/22/08):

BoA - Eat You Up MV (Cha Eun Taek Ver.)

BoA - Eat You Up MV (Diane Martel Ver.)

Don't forget to support BoA by purchasing "Eat You Up" from iTunes or Amazon!

"Eat You Up" will be released physically in stores on November 11th!

UPDATE (09/19/08):

It has been confirmed that "Eat You Up" WILL be released, in addition to the U.S. market, in Japan (avex trax) and Korea (S.M.)!

UPDATE (09/12/08):

Credit to hanjin90 @ Soompi Forums

BoA - Behind the Scenes "Eat You Up" Part One

BoA - Behind the Scenes "Eat You Up" Part Two

0809111jm5.jpg

Official "Eat You Up" single cover!

UPDATE (09/10/08):

BoA's debut song is entitled 'Eat You Up' which was produced by Bloodshy & Avant. Flo-rida is scheduled to participate in the remixed version of 'Eat You Up.' There were two different music videos for 'Eat You Up' which were directed by Diane Martel and Cha Eun Taek. The music videos were choreographed by Flii Styiz and Misha Gabriel. Flii Styiz has worked with many artists like Chris Brown, Usher, Michael Jackson and Beyoncé. Max Gousse will be her manger in America and has worked with Beyoncé, Usher and Justin Timberlake.

On October 7th, both music videos of 'Eat You Up' will be revealed online. On November 11th, BoA's management is planning to officially release the single to the public in stores and online through Amazon, Myspace, iTunes, and even ringtone downloads. Her first album's details were also mentioned, and the album's title song is entitled `LOOK WHO`S TAILING'. Her first album is scheduled to release in 2009 and she will be promoting the album with appearances on TV shows, radio programs, and at clubs. After her promotion period, she is planning to do a nationwide concert tour.

Tune in tomorrow to see who said that BoA will be a 'hot icon' along with what SM is without BoA.

-----

There was a turn out of 150 Korean reporters, and 200 reporters from all over Asia and America. The MC announced that BoA had injured her arm by falling down the stairs after her last meeting the night before. Luckily, the injury is nothing too serious and she will be fine within 6 weeks.

122104028081008200pa8pc6.jpg

01lk8.jpg02lg4.jpg

03iw1.jpg04li9.jpg

"Eat You Up" MV Preview (U.S. Version)

"Eat You Up" MV Preview (Asia Version)

See tons of photos taken at the "Best of Asia, Bring on America" press conference here at BoAjjang!

UPDATE (09/09/08):

BoA will reveal her debut song at her press conference, 'Best of Asia, Bring on America!', which will be held at the Seoul Imperial Palace Hotel at 2pm. Since news of her debut song being revealed, music fans have been paying closer attention to BoA. It has also been confirmed that Lee Soo Man will be present along with the production staff.

Due to high interest of her American debut, reporters from Japan, China, Thailand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and other Asian media will attend along with local reporters from the U.S. An SM official said that they foresee intense competition from different media outlets to cover this press conference.

Credits:

Site: http://www.BoAjjang.com

News Update: suejinners(BoAjjang.com)

Writeup/Editing: suejinners(BoAjjang.com), ptoor(BoAjjang.com)

News/Image Source: osen, ilgansports, mydaily

UPDATE (09/07/08): More backstage and rehearsal pictures are

here at BoAjjang!

On September 2nd, 2008, a press conference was held confirming the news of her U.S. debut. SM made a statement saying, "BoA will debut and release an album in America. BoA has been going back and forth from Korea, Japan and the U.S. preparing for her debut."

BoA will hold a press conference with the slogan of 'Best of Asia, Bring on America!' (acronym of her name) on the 10th at Seoul's Imperial Palace hotel. She will share her future plans for her debut then. The SM. E. USA staff members who will be assisting her with her U.S. activities will also be present at the press conference.

Taken from fiferdodo @ BoAjjang Forums

Misha Gabriel Collaboration

No more doubts, BoA is well on her way towards an American debut. BoA has been collaborating with Hip Hop choreographer "Misha Gabriel". The dancers who will be featured in BoA's first US Music Video includes the talented Kenny Wormald, Mickael Riccio and Trent Dickens (Who are all part of Misha Gabriel's dance team) . There's no official announcement on where the video was shot but rumors are that it was partially shot in Seoul (End of August) and partially shot in New York.

Thanks to BoALoveS + SportsWorld

Photos were included with this post. See at bottom of this thread. For those who aren't familiar with his work, please refer to this video:

First US Single Rumor

According to rumors, BoA's first US single will be premiered on September 10th during the "Best of Asia, Bring on America" press conference. The title of the song is said to be "I'm gonna eat you up" It is also rumored that BoA's CD will feature 13 new English songs. It's even been said that she's currently living in a "Corporate Apartment" somewhere in the town of Westwood, Los Angeles. However, these may simply just be rumors. Full details about her album will be released on September 10th.

Thanks to BoAsLoves

200809021100190910sb8qk4.jpg

0906usdancers01wu8.jpg

0906usdancers031ug3.jpg

0906usdancers02vx6.jpg

-----

MY NERVES ARE KILLING ME.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xt1naaa

I really hope "im gonna eat you up" is NOT her song title...

I wish she would concentrate more in Korea though... :(

Hope she becomes successful.

Guest __CHINA.DOLL

OH MY GOD

I absolutely cannot wait T_________________T;

i love BoA so much!

i really hope she succeeds i'll definetly be buying her album to support her!

i think i recognize some of the dancers O__O

Guest ginaaax3

I SERIOUSLY WISH HER LUCK<33

I can't wait to listen to her song, and see her performance,

but I really wish she could take a break )=

Her schedule seems wayyyy too big, and I also wish she released an album in Korea.

But I wish ehr luck <3333

Guest Uyen Duong

OH WOW, it must be stressful.. D:

Good luck to her! I WISH HER BEST SUCCESS <3

Even though I was kind of hoping she'd stay in Asia,

I'm actually really excited for this!

Guest inyeon.

Maybe BoA will surprise us with her english. You never know....Se7en surprised us a lot, so maybe BoA can to. XD although the american debut is very....o_o I still have faith in her. I will totally support her, I just dont think USA will.

But if she has cool famous producers and dancers, I see her having a big chance. Its so nerveracking. ;_; I hope she doesnt go slutty on us. (cause you know the US. <_<) "I'm Gonna Eat You Up"? o_o Thats hecka lame, at least change it to "Eat you up" or somthing ._.

Gah. Good luck to Boa....Its gonna be kinda hard. ;_;

Guest safelittlethoughts

I hope she becomes huge and wow us with her English, like what SE7EN did.

What I do hope is that they won't push back her albums ALL the time like SE7EN. TT___TT

I will be anticipating for the album!

"I'm Gonna Eat You Up"? :mellow:

Archived