Bare Essentials Or Physician's Formula Minerals ?

chiluvskk

which is better?
i'm looking to try mineral foundation. both of those brands had good reviews on makeupalley, but one's cheaper and one's more expensive.

I also read that they had the same ingrediants? not sure though saw this on the web

so which do you guys reccomend?

i have very oily/and acne prone skin. looking for a matte finish, that'll last long, doesn't necessarily have to be all day though.

something that won't sink/block my pores and give me blackheads ><. right now i'm using double matte foundation from este lauder.

dont tell me about everyday minerals, i can't buy from internet ><

thanks!

Guest honeydip

Bare Minerals. That is all. :D

I love how it's not cakey and disgusting when you put it on. My face is also oily and using BM, it's fine. When it's really hot and I sweat, I bring along some blotting tissues. :)

Guest StarringMe

if you have oily skin and are planning to use mineral makeup you shouldn't definitely use a primer! REALLY. i use bare minerals, because my mom doesn't use it anymore. and it is pretty good, it doesn't wow me though. anyway when i don't use a primer, my skin gets shiny... and bare minerals tend to make you look really shiny after awhile. and oh, bare minerals doesn't break me out, although there have been people out there who are allergic to a certain ingredient that makes there skin itch.

i haven't tried Physician's Formula, so i couldn't give any opinion on that.

Guest Clouderous

i use physician's formula. it's fine.

i've never tried bare essentials/bare minerals before though.

the only thing annoying is the mess the loose powders make!!!!

otherwise, just try out the physician's formula, i like it.

Guest centric

I heard Bare Minerals has something called oxy bismuth in it that can irritate your skin and leave your face shiny.

Yeah, Bismuth Oxychloride. They use it to add the extra shine to their foundation formula. And if you can't buy online due to not wanting to use your credit card, you can always use those prepaid credit cards that you can buy at the store and load money into! I used that for a while and it worked great. They're like Visa prepaid gift cards. Here's Melitus's tutorial: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=241078

But personally, I hated Bare Minerals. I have combo skin but where it is oily (my T-Zone) bare minerals accentuated the shine and the finish didn't cover anything without me having to cake it on. It works great for other people, but not for me. :( And I didn't love the price either, $25 for 9g or so of foundation when I spend about $5 for 8g of my Everyday Minerals.

If you have a Sephora near you, you should try out both! Sephora has a no questions asked return policy anyways, I returned my Bare Minerals after it made me break out and got my money back.

Guest lipstick stain

if you have oily skin..... I DO NOT RECOMMEND BM!

i am currently using them... I have dry/sensitve skin. BUt BM makes my face veryy oily... which is really weird.. and same goes wit my friend she has oily skin... But the BM makes it even more oily....

It contains something that isnt good for certain ppl... like u can get irritated itchiness...

As good as i thought BM was.. after usin it for longer time... I started noticing things...

Any minerals give u that flawless look, and non' cakey feeling... its just choosin the right one..

I would recommend everyday minerals but since u cant buy thru the internet... then maybe u should ask some friends/family who can help u out... You can just try BM anyways.. see how it goes for u =]

I can't wear the ingredient bismuth oxychloride for nuts.

I bought MAC MSF naturale, dust it on, it looks so good! but at the end of the day, when I remove my makeup, my face burns like hell when I wipe the makeup off.

so no makeup that includes that ingredient. Including the entire Mineralized skinfinish collection from MAC.

Guest aznxrawr

I don't have much experience with foundations but I use Bare Minerals because my friend recommended it. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate me at all :] I haven't really noticed any excessive oily-ness when I use it... my face becomes just as oily on a day when I go without make up. I've never tried that other brand, but if it's cheap it wouldn't hurt just to try it. Like someone else said, there's some other pretty cheap brands that work really well.

Guest nelehan

i personally like physicians formula better.

its cheaper and it doesn't break me out (i have really acne prone and oily skin like you)

however, it doesn't control oil well. so blotting would probably be necessary.

give it a try. the packaging sucks. you need a seperate brush for it. but its the inside that counts.

or you can just go with what the people before me said.. try the cheaper one first. if you don't like it, return it =)

oh yeah, and BE broke me out. i think it had something to do with the bismuth oxychloride

Guest bonbons

I liked the physician's formula minerals, good coverage and didn't break me out (or i didn't think it did, it was too long ago)

but you can always return the products at cvs and sephora if you do try both.

and I think any of the Mineral make up packaging sucks, there's just no good way of not making a mess lol

Archived