[Drama 2010] Personal Taste 개인의 취향

Guest Grecia

Guest goodayie

Big wave to all PTers. Thanks for all sharings!!!

Wow, there are too many vds for the press conference yesterday

Let's enjoy ;)

cr: Ystar

cr: nocutTV

cr: joynews

cr: asiae

cr: SSTV

cr: eto

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pallycute

wow many videos, maymay, meow13, goodayie thanks for all those video :)

I want to share news from allkpop.

Seulong had a gay friend before

On the 25th, a press conference for MBC’s upcoming drama Personal Taste was held at Seoul’s Grand Hyatt Hotel.

As you guys know, Personal Taste is about the main character Jun Jin Ho (Lee Min Ho) who pretends to be gay in order to be a roomate of a girl he likes, Park Gae In (Son Ye Jin).

Well during the conference, a question about homosexuality was brought up. Cast member 2AM’s Seulong was asked the question: “Do you have any homosexual friends?”

Seulong replied, “In my agency, there used to be two trainees from Thailand and China who trained with me. One of those two were gay. [...] I found out after they went back to their home countries. [...] I’m an open minded guy, so I had no problem about the fact that they were gay.”

Another cast member Kim Ji Suk also revealed, “A 10-year friend of mine is also gay. He revealed that he was homosexual two years ago. I was very surprised, but I admired his courage. We are still close friends.”

Stay tuned to the premiere of Personal Taste on March 31st!

----------------------------

Son Ye-jin says relieved Lee Min-ho "not young-looking" (1)

For Son Ye-jin, it is a drama where she will play the most comical character since her debut. For Lee Min-ho, it is a drama he chose after long consideration for his comeback role since KBS TV series "Boys Over Flowers". For Kim Ji-seok, it is the last drama he will take on before entering the Korean military. For Wang Ji-hea, it is her first step toward creating a new image and for Im Seulong, it is his debut as an adult actor. Will the MBC series [tentatively titled] "Personal Taste" be remembered as a special drama that fulfills the taste of the public, just as it is turning into a special drama for the actors, each for his personal reasons? Below are excerpts from the Q&A session at the press conference for "Personal Taste".

Korean actress Son Ye-jin [Lee Jin-hyuk/10Asia]

Q: How did you choose to do "Personal Taste"?

Son Ye-jin (Son): Up till now, I have played characters that were older than my actual age. I don't really look old, but I had come to choose older parts because I was trying to show my serious, deep side. The film "White Night" was very hard on me psychologically and physically, so I wanted to do a fresh, young drama befitting my age for my next work. So it wasn't hard to choose "Personal Taste".

Lee Min-ho (Lee): I wanted to do a masculine drama, so this was actually what I thought about the hardest when trying to choose my next role. I thought hard and I thought about the image that the public had of Lee Min-ho -- probably closer to a young man rather than a real man. I think I would do a better job playing heavy and more defined roles when I am older. I think "Personal Taste" was perfect because it is bright, cheerful but you can also laugh and cry over it as well.

Q: Your character Gae-in is similar to the "dried fish girl" in Japanese drama "Hotaru's Light".

Son: I heard from the director that the character of Gae-in was close to the actress in "Light", but I haven't seen it. I think that around the third or fourth episode, I give off a vibe similar to Nodame in [Japanese drama] "Nodame Cantabile". She lives in this fantastic Korean-style house called "Sanggojae" but inside there are instant ramen cups rolling around and she is very messy. And when Jin-ho moves into "Sanggojae" later and lives with her, they fight like cats and dogs. I think she will be the most ridiculous and comic-book-ish character I have ever played.

Q: There is probably a lot that you have to worry about as an actress, but you must feel some catharsis when you play Gae-in.

Son: I really like it. Right now I am completely into my character so I keep paying attention to other things besides acting such as my accessories and wardrobe. This is the first time that I'm talk directly to the writer and creating my own ideas. It is the first time in a long time that I have been happy about a role, so even though it is definitely hard on me physically, I am truly happy the moment I become Gae-in.

Korean actor Lee Min-ho [Lee Jin-hyuk/10Asia]

Q: For Lee Min-ho, this is your first drama in quite a while. There is a thing called the sophomore jinx -- do you feel burdened by this?

Lee: I feel less burdened but am more worried than when I did "Boys Over Flowers". I am not burdened about the drama but had worries over how to express my character. First of all, Son Ye-jin is a great actress and other actors are excellent too, so I do feel the pressure and desire to receive good reviews on my acting as well.

Q: I think there are similarities between Goo Joon-pyo in "Boys Over Flowers" and Jun Jin-ho in "Personal Taste" - how did you try to differentiate the two characters?

Lee: The director wanted to emphasize Jin-ho's cheeky personality, but I am trying to restrain that side as I build up on my character. I think that Jin-ho should not seem like Goo Joon-pyo.

Q: Are there any difficulties in expressing a character who pretends to be gay?

Lee: I don't know if he will end up pretending to be gay. He is being misunderstood at the moment. Jin-ho is not gay -- he is manly but is misunderstood as being gay for the circumstances he is in. So I am not worried about expressing a gay character.

Q: Ye-jin, do you have a fantasy about having a gay friend like Gae-in does?

Son: I do have a lot of feminine men around me and they are so much fun to talk to and even more sensitive than women. It is not easy to be friends with men, to be honest, but I feel very comfortable around them.

Korean actor Kim Ji-seok [Lee Jin-hyuk/10Asia]

Q: How did you feel when you first saw each other?

Lee: A lot of people told me that Son Ye-jin was very impudent so I was worried, but when I met her, I found her very honest and down-to-earth. I liked her because she is the type of person who wants people to talk to her in a straightforward manner. She has a great personality so I hope other people wouldn't misunderstand her. (laugh)

Son: Min-ho was cast first in the drama and I thought a guy like Lee Min-ho would be attractive playing such a role. In general, male actors like to play rough, strong characters and do dramas with lots of action but I think Min-ho is very clever in choosing his work.

Q: It has been a long time since you worked with an actor around your age.

Son: I don't have a younger brother and have always worked with men who were older than me. When I met Min-ho, I started thinking it would be great to have a younger brother like him. I am worried that I might look like his older sister in the drama, but I'm relieved that Min-ho doesn't look young. (laugh)

Q: For Kim Ji-seok, there must be pressure that you have to continue the popularity that you achieved with "The Slave Hunters".

Kim: I was actually exhausted because the final shooting for "The Slave Hunters" and initial shoots for "Personal Taste" overlapped. But I don't feel burdened because I am just going to trust and follow Son Ye-jin and Lee Min-ho. Actually, even in "The Slave Hunters", I was only responsible for about three percent of the ratings. So [for "Personal Taste"] ten percent for Son Ye-jin, ten percent for Lee Min-ho and three percent for me, and then a bit higher rating overall with the help of the rest of the cast.

Q: This will be the last role you take on before you enter the Korean miliary. How do you feel about working on the drama?

Kim: It is my posthumous work. (laugh) I really am acting thinking that this is my final drama. It would be my last drama as a person who has not completed his military duty and the first one of my thirties. And "The Slave Hunters" was a drama that I did while I was crossing over to my thirties from my twenties. I think I am working harder and doing my best because I realize that there isn't much time. Jang Hyuk told me a lot about the military while we were filming "The Slave Hunters". What scares you the most before going to the military is your fear of a new world, but I heard so much about the place that I feel like I have already become a corporal in my mind.

Son Ye-jin says relieved Lee Min-ho "not young-looking" (2)

Q: If you were to compare your character [in "Personal Taste"] with Wang-son from "The Slave Hunters"?

Kim: First of all, the two are different genres and the two are different characters. If Wang-son was the youngest character who was comic and provided fun to the drama, Chang-ryeol is a main character who has to lead the story. And he is also different from Wang-son in terms of appearance, so people might feel like they are seeing a little of Wang-son in the character, I expect viewers to quickly fall in love with Han Chang-ryeol. Han Chang-ryoel is the most luxurious character that I have ever played. What is crafty about a person's mind is that, when I was working on "The Slave Hunters," I wanted to do a modern drama. But now, with so many things to worry about including my appearance, I've come to think that dramas are all the same.

Q: You will be going up against Han Jeong-su, your co-star from "The Slave Hunters," who will appear in SBS TV series "Princess Prosecutor."

Kim: I read Han Jeong-su's interview and he said that we practiced the script together which is true. I still have the script for "Princess Prosecutor." He asked many questions on the set of "The Slave Hunters", so I gave him a lot of my opinions, but he told me he shot the scene he asked about the following day and messed it up. It was actually all part of my detailed plan. (all laughs) We don't see each other as much as we used to but we root for each other although I want my drama to see higher ratings. Just to be nice, I hope "Princess Prosecutor" comes in second?

Q: Im Seulong, you will be competing against Taecyeon who appears in "Sister of Cinderella".

Im: Taecyeon and I are actually very close, so we have both been encouraging each other by saying, "Let's work hard, let's do it well." I read the interview he did for "Sister of Cinderella" yesterday, where he said he would beat me, and I told myself that I won't let him win.

Korean singer-turned-actor Im Seulong [Lee Jin-hyuk/10Asia]

Q: What has the response been by the members of your group 2AM?

Im: I want them to ask me about the acting but they only ask questions like, "Is Son Ye-jin pretty,' or 'Is Lee Min-ho handsome?" But they told me to show my serious side at the press conference today.

Q: I heard that you used to be a child actor, so does that help toward your acting now? What is the biggest difference between singing and acting?

Im: There is nothing from my childhood acting days that helps me directly. But I think I should say I received early education in acting so the experience of having been in front of the camera helps. They say singing is different from acting, but it's also different singing and doing variety shows. If I had to make a connection, my character from "Personal Taste" overlaps with the character I portray in variety shows. I didn't intend on finding a character with the same style but he's cheerful, funny and a little idiotic too so I think they're similar in that sense.

Q: If you had to score yourself on how your acting has been -- the first time since your childhood acting days?

Im: Three or four points out of ten? It's my first acting gig so I don't really know how well I can do. Actually, I could give myself a lower grade. When I was shooting my first scene, I was supersensitive because I was so worried, but I was able to wrap it up well because everyone took such great care of me. I had originally been very interested in acting and I've been given this opportunity, so all I can think about is that I have to work hard.

Q: The director said that he was going to try to win by having the male actors bare some skin. And they all have great physiques so there must be some competition about revealing your bodies.

Im: There is no competition at all but there is some pressure. I hope all the actors work out together and become much better friends.

Kim: When I was working on "The Slave Hunters", I felt pressured with everyone calling Jang Hyuk, Oh Ji-ho and Han Jeong-su 'animal guys.' I'm just relieved and glad that Seulong is on board with me.

Lee: There is one scene that I am topless in, but I don't know how many more there will be. I want to be left out of the competition. I don't want be an animal, I want to remain human. (laugh)

Korean actress Wang Ji-hea [Lee Jin-hyuk/10Asia]

Q: Wang Ji-hea, you play a character who steals someone's lover. Did you face any difficulties in portraying a villain?

Wang: They say that you have to be really mean when you play a villain in order to become famous. I would like viewers to take a lot of interest in me, even if means they are going to hate me. I am playing the part like everything is up to me, so I hope viewers will adore me. I cut my hair when I got the part of In-hee because there was a part of me that hoped people would not recognize me at first as Wang Ji-hea but realize that it is me later on.

Q: The female characters Gae-in and In-hee are so different and unique that they could be called polar opposites. Which character do you prefer?

Lee: I actually don't like types like Gae-in in reality. I don't think she is a character that you can easily become attracted to as a woman. In reality, I find characters like In-hee more appealing. But it is possible to grow fond of a person when you spend much time with them so I think Gae-in could also turn out alright in the long run.

Kim: It is hard to choose because they are extremely different. In-hee is so intense that I feel overwhelmed by her. But I am also someone who is quite passive so she does seem attractive. Gae-in is so naive and nice that I think I will become complacent. If I had to choose one character, I would like to pick In-hee.

Q: What if those characters existed in person?

Kim: If it's alright with the two actresses, I would like to say that I would be grateful. I was always hanging around with men for "The Slave Hunters" but I now get to talk to and interact physically with these beautiful actresses so I am happy every day.

Q: What is your prediction for the viewership rating of "Personal Taste"?

Son: I don't expect high ratings from the start. I used to love watching "Pasta" and I think it would be great if our ratings kept climbing like "Pasta". And I hope it eventually does better than "Pasta".

Reporter: Yoonina, TV critic

Photographer : Lee Jin-hyuk eleven@10asia.co.kr

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr, Lee Ji-Hye seven@10asia.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

--EDIT--

--oops sorry, meow13, I didn't know you're already posted it---

Thanks pallycute, herewith the first part of the interview

Son Ye-jin says relieved Lee Min-ho "not young-looking" (1)

For Son Ye-jin, it is a drama where she will play the most comical character since her debut. For Lee Min-ho, it is a drama he chose after long consideration for his comeback role since KBS TV series "Boys Over Flowers". For Kim Ji-seok, it is the last drama he will take on before entering the Korean military. For Wang Ji-hea, it is her first step toward creating a new image and for Im Seulong, it is his debut as an adult actor. Will the MBC series [tentatively titled] "Personal Taste" be remembered as a special drama that fulfills the taste of the public, just as it is turning into a special drama for the actors, each for his personal reasons? Below are excerpts from the Q&A session at the press conference for "Personal Taste".

Q: How did you choose to do "Personal Taste"?

Son Ye-jin (Son): Up till now, I have played characters that were older than my actual age. I don't really look old, but I had come to choose older parts because I was trying to show my serious, deep side. The film "White Night" was very hard on me psychologically and physically, so I wanted to do a fresh, young drama befitting my age for my next work. So it wasn't hard to choose "Personal Taste".

Lee Min-ho (Lee): I wanted to do a masculine drama, so this was actually what I thought about the hardest when trying to choose my next role. I thought hard and I thought about the image that the public had of Lee Min-ho -- probably closer to a young man rather than a real man. I think I would do a better job playing heavy and more defined roles when I am older. I think "Personal Taste" was perfect because it is bright, cheerful but you can also laugh and cry over it as well.

Q: Your character Gae-in is similar to the "dried fish girl" in Japanese drama "Hotaru's Light".

Son: I heard from the director that the character of Gae-in was close to the actress in "Light", but I haven't seen it. I think that around the third or fourth episode, I give off a vibe similar to Nodame in [Japanese drama] "Nodame Cantabile". She lives in this fantastic Korean-style house called "Sanggojae" but inside there are instant ramen cups rolling around and she is very messy. And when Jin-ho moves into "Sanggojae" later and lives with her, they fight like cats and dogs. I think she will be the most ridiculous and comic-book-ish character I have ever played.

Q: There is probably a lot that you have to worry about as an actress, but you must feel some catharsis when you play Gae-in.

Son: I really like it. Right now I am completely into my character so I keep paying attention to other things besides acting such as my accessories and wardrobe. This is the first time that I'm talk directly to the writer and creating my own ideas. It is the first time in a long time that I have been happy about a role, so even though it is definitely hard on me physically, I am truly happy the moment I become Gae-in.

Q: For Lee Min-ho, this is your first drama in quite a while. There is a thing called the sophomore jinx -- do you feel burdened by this?

Lee: I feel less burdened but am more worried than when I did "Boys Over Flowers". I am not burdened about the drama but had worries over how to express my character. First of all, Son Ye-jin is a great actress and other actors are excellent too, so I do feel the pressure and desire to receive good reviews on my acting as well.

Q: I think there are similarities between Goo Joon-pyo in "Boys Over Flowers" and Jun Jin-ho in "Personal Taste" - how did you try to differentiate the two characters?

Lee: The director wanted to emphasize Jin-ho's cheeky personality, but I am trying to restrain that side as I build up on my character. I think that Jin-ho should not seem like Goo Joon-pyo.

Q: Are there any difficulties in expressing a character who pretends to be gay?

Lee: I don't know if he will end up pretending to be gay. He is being misunderstood at the moment. Jin-ho is not gay -- he is manly but is misunderstood as being gay for the circumstances he is in. So I am not worried about expressing a gay character.

Q: Ye-jin, do you have a fantasy about having a gay friend like Gae-in does?

Son: I do have a lot of feminine men around me and they are so much fun to talk to and even more sensitive than women. It is not easy to be friends with men, to be honest, but I feel very comfortable around them.

Q: How did you feel when you first saw each other?

Lee: A lot of people told me that Son Ye-jin was very impudent so I was worried, but when I met her, I found her very honest and down-to-earth. I liked her because she is the type of person who wants people to talk to her in a straightforward manner. She has a great personality so I hope other people wouldn't misunderstand her. (laugh)

Son: Min-ho was cast first in the drama and I thought a guy like Lee Min-ho would be attractive playing such a role. In general, male actors like to play rough, strong characters and do dramas with lots of action but I think Min-ho is very clever in choosing his work.

Q: It has been a long time since you worked with an actor around your age.

Son: I don't have a younger brother and have always worked with men who were older than me. When I met Min-ho, I started thinking it would be great to have a younger brother like him. I am worried that I might look like his older sister in the drama, but I'm relieved that Min-ho doesn't look young. (laugh)

Q: For Kim Ji-seok, there must be pressure that you have to continue the popularity that you achieved with "The Slave Hunters".

Kim: It was actually exhausted because the final shooting for "The Slave Hunters" and initial shoots for "Personal Taste" overlapped. But I don't feel burdened because I am just going to trust and follow Son Ye-jin and Lee Min-ho. Actually, even in "The Slave Hunters", I was only responsible for about three percent of the ratings. So [for "Personal Taste"] ten percent for Son Ye-jin, ten percent for Lee Min-ho and three percent for me, and then a bit higher rating overall with the help of the rest of the cast.

Q: This will be the last role you take on before you enter the Korean miliary. How do you feel about working on the drama?

Kim: It is my posthumous work. (laugh) I really am acting thinking that this is my final drama. It would be my last drama as a person who has not completed his military duty and the first one of my thirties. And "The Slave Hunters" was a drama that I did while I was crossing over to my thirties from my twenties. I think I am working harder and doing my best because I realize that there isn't much time. Jang Hyuk told me a lot about the military while we were filming "The Slave Hunters". What scares you the most before going to the military is your fear of a new world, but I heard so much about the place that I feel like I have already become a corporal in my mind.

Reporter: Yoonina, TV critic

Photographer : Lee Jin-hyuk eleven@10asia.co.kr

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr, Lee Ji-Hye seven@10asia.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Guest pallycute

Today Personal Taste Cast Attending The 46th Baeksang Award

I love Son Ye-jin, she looks pretty and gorgeous.

20100326204810150.jpg

Guest goodayie

pallycute thanks for the news. It brings the whole picture of presscon

meow13 thanks for the vd. Official one is good indeed

alovebof thanks for the presscon pix. Minho looks great!

MBC Personal Taste Trailer ep1-2 (long ver)

cr: MBC

HI PTers! :D :D :D

its raining MinHo :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so many pics and updates....WOW! including pics from Baeksang Award! :rolleyes: he is so handsome wearing that black elegant suit...glad to see his radiant smile again...i suppose he's feeling better compared to his PT presscon pics....although today there are a lot of presscon pics that shows MinHo smiling more :) THANKS for the videos too!

BIG HUG to PTers... Saint, Liz, pallycute, alovebof, jenny, meow, tsuki hime, maymay, dramafan, goodayie, meteor, ktruong, and all other PTers here! overwhelming isnt it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

meow & pallycute thanks for that presscon details...been waiting for it..since many of us cant understand korean :D :D :D

its weekend and time to be ready for PT...5 days to go...MinHo acting again! so excited! :rolleyes:

PTers enjoy your weekend!

Guest janineventurina

I just finish watching the 10 min trailer!!!!!!!

ang OH MY GAWD!!!!

its damn awesome!!! cant wait to watch this!!!!!

Son yejin character is so Funny!!!! the same as her character on ART OF SEDUCTION movie!!!!

RAWR!!! I need to calm down..LOL

BTW.. does anyone have HQ Download link for 10 min trailer ???? I really wanted to have that video On My laptop!!!!

Please1oooooooooX!!!

Guest liz g filart

Hello PTers !!!

Thank you so much for all the updates, news, videos and pics.

have watched 10 min PT trailer and i can't wait...this is going to be a hilarious series...love SYJ and LMH chemistry

4 days to go !!!

Guest magarine

I just finish 10 mins teaser. It's very interesting.

This drama gives me some feeling of "Sex and the City".

I can't wait for its pilot episode. Son Ye Jin looks cute. ^^

Guest pallycute

Thank you for all videos....... reaallllyyyyy can't waittt 4 days more.......

[ENGSUB] Personal Taste 3rd Trailer

cr: leeminhoworldsub

Guest zheeahjha

oMG . . can't wait . . just 4 day again..we can see the chemistry between lee min ho and son ye jin . . and the trailer in 10 minutes is so funny . .

Guest taniyama_mai

hello...

i'm new in this thread

really really can't wait anymore to see lee min ho again after BOF

anyway, i can't find any info about whose gonna eng sub this drama..

anyone can tell me?

thank you :wub: :wub:

Guest janineventurina

Lee Minho makes boys nervous!

The upcoming drama, Personal Taste’s very own three actors Kim Ji Suk and Lee Minho and 2AM’s Seulong got together for an interview with MBC’s Section TV.

During the interview, actor Kim Ji Suk had revealed, “There was a time when I got nervous because of Lee Minho’s stare.”

Continuing on, he revealed, “There was a scene where Lee Minho was holding me by my neck, but when I caught glimpses of his haggard stare, I thought of it to be very charming.”

To this, Seulong jokingly added, “It seems like we’re both undergoing sexual orientation.”

Lee Minho then added, “There’s been a time when I’ve been hit on by a guy. When someone of the same sex showed a little bit of friendliness towards me, I avoided him.”

Credit: ALLKPOP

Hi PTers! i hope everyone's enjoying their weekend B) B) B)

BIG HUG to PTers... Saint, Liz, pallycute, alovebof, jenny, meow, tsuki hime, maymay, dramafan, goodayie, meteor, ktruong, and all other PTers here!

a few more sleeps...hold your horses :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

just a 10-min trailer already sent all PTers to so much excitement :lol:

taniyama....leeminhoworld will be subbing this...i am not aware of other groups...there could be other PTers or Minoz sisters lets hope :D welcome to this thread and enjoy posting here :) :) :)

janine...thanks for that interview part :rolleyes: he is charming to both men and women..that's how powerful his charm is :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

take care all!

Archived