Hajime No Ippo Thread #1 =]

InSong

Fighting Spirits - boxing ~ Season is back :)4.png
The setting is a Japanese high school, and more specifically a young male student. He's getting to sample some of the pleasures of such, namely too much school work, family duties and a healthy serve of getting the crap punched out of him by bullies. His mother seems to run a charter boat for anglers, not a high status profession and enough to get him beaten up for smelling of fish since any excuse will do. The strange thing is that he's actually quite strong, it's just he spends his time being surprised at people being like this.

Fortunately Japan also seems to have a fair share of people who might intervene in an extreme case of bullying. In this case one of Japan's brightest young lights in boxing who is out for a training run. Having scared off the bullies he tries to convince the kid, by taking him back to the gym, that he can defend himself. What he doesn't expect is that the event has a resounding effect on the boy thrilling him with the concept of becoming strong and skilled. And while the boxer doesn't believe it at first it just may be that the kid has the strength of will, and abilities, to become a champion.

this anime is very underrated.

Another season :0
Volumes: 104 (Ongoing) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=812Anime Episodes: 1st Season: 76 + 2nd Season: 26 + 3rd Season: 25 + 1 film*This series has also games released

hajime-no-ippo.png4

ippo.jpg

Hajime_no_ippo6.jpg

Guest lady_muimui

Saw the anime last summer and thought it was super hilarious. Especially how they make fun of Ippo for his big wee-wee. xD I loved the part where Takamura-san went to the shower and grabbed Sendo's wee wee (I think it was Sendo...if not sorry for forgetting who it was) thinking that it was Aoki. And he was like "Eh? Was his thing this big?" And started fighting. xD

Guest Kenshiro

Really good series and yes, it is underrated indeed. I have all the episodes+movie+OVA. Had them all for a long time now too; haven't finished it yet. I don't know why I haven't finished it by now though, I guess because I ALWAYS fall asleep during the episodes -_-. I'll definitely finish it up during the Summer though.

Guest nisee

HELL YEA! great anime, great plot, freaking hilarious. I'm still waiting for the dvd's to be out. so far, it's up to disc #11, i think ... TT.TT

it's great shonen for those who love sports shonen (like slam dunk?).

Guest madeinktown

after my friend watched this anime, he spent like 3 weeks bringing up all the moves from the anime. that was annoying, but the series was great. the manga is up to like 70 vols. so read that if you wanna see him go for the world title.

Guest knockblock

Not one of my favorites unfortunately but its good. One of the best stuff coming out of its time. It isn't really that underrated I want to say.

Guest fisshie012

i still have this whole series on my computer....

it was interesting....i really like the comedy that is in this series...

though i would like to see Ippo vs Miyata....

that would be cool if there was a second series ^_^....

i know...when i saw how many volumes there was to Ippo @_@...

Guest madeinktown

well, it's 71 vols, but i think thats all of it...maybe. and it started in 1989, around the same time as dragon ball.

naruto is up to 31 vols and still ongoing. i wonder if naruto manga will pass up ippo? (if they put the fillers as manga, it would have already passed up ippo a long time ago...)

*edit*

nvm, ippo is up to 72 vols...scanlated atleast...

Guest madeinktown

wrong it came out 2000

76 eps

not wrong...i'm talking about the manga...but thanks anyways, try again later.

Guest Take Five

well, it's 71 vols, but i think thats all of it...maybe. and it started in 1989, around the same time as dragon ball.

naruto is up to 31 vols and still ongoing. i wonder if naruto manga will pass up ippo? (if they put the fillers as manga, it would have already passed up ippo a long time ago...)

*edit*

nvm, ippo is up to 72 vols...scanlated atleast...

hm, that's pretty fast. i think berserk started in 1989 and there's only 31 volumes. there needs to be more of that =/

Guest Saphire Rain

Ippo's popularity is about right. I don't like good anime that go mainstream like Naruto and One Piece, popularity makes them suck.

• 2 years later...

wow....i just finished watching episode 34 (finale of the Rocky/Ippo fight) and i just gotta say....this is without a doubt one of the three best shows I've ever watched, (other two being Mushi-Shi and Abenobashi)

i have never laughed this hard, this consistently, from watching an anime, ever. hajime no ippo has genuinely funny moments litterered throughout.

the characters are awesome.

the fights are deep and well animated.

the personal stories are touching

this show has it all. and best of all....

i have about 40 more episodes to watch, haha.

This has got to be my favorite anime. I didn't learn about the anime until I played Victorious Boxers for PS2 like seven years ago.

I'm sure you are all aware of the new season that just started? Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger. I think episode 6 should be airing this week.

Archived