[taiwan Drama '08/'09] Love Or Bread (我的億萬面包)

Guest Yvonne

I wouldnt say this is a really good drama, it's somewhere in the middle for me with things I can enjoy, yet things I wish would be much better. We've definitely seen much much worst TW dramas.

It's a pity the direction and the writing is not on par. We already knew it's not there couple episodes in, but Ariel and Joe proved to us again they r solid actors who can brave through it. Ariel has an easier time, her character is much more cohesive and relatable, whereas Joe's Frank is very all over the place. I wouldn't blame him though (I'm not his fangirl) because there were deeper more sentimental scenes sprinkled here and there (not often enough) to reconfirm to us of his acting ability, but the director's decision of overusing the gitchy cartoonish overacting of Frank worn out its novelty very soon. We can tell the director tried to instill some hilarious scenes when the premise of the drama is actually quite gloomy, but he didnt find any good footing and balance. It's almost like even till the very end, he can't decide whether he wanna make a cartoon out of these sentimental characters or dramatize and make these cartoon-ish caricatures seems flesh and blood. Either way, he failed, it was only the acting that's saving the day.

I'm not even going to talk more about the writing, which I think is cringe-worthy at times.

This could've been great, but it just missed the mark.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UGH. this drama was really good and i can't believe they ended it at episode 12.

cuz seriously, everything was going fine until the ending came. it's a bit dry :crazy: i don't want to say it sucked but in all honesty, it started out reaaaaaallllyyy slow but it ended so suddenly. which really kills the viewers T_____________T'

it ended with shan mei ditching off her wedding and going back to their house. she calls cai jing lai's name. then they started calling each others names, starts smiling about 3-4 times. THEN BAM! it ended. credits.

EH.

it was ok =/ really disappointing

Guest hiphopatihopxx

so i finally finished the drama

ugh i am really disappointed. i was way too excited for this show before it aired. i was literally counting down the days till i could see arjoe again but i seemed to almost force myself to watch the show as the season progressed. ariel and joe did amazing as their characters and really proved they can play any role, but there was something missing from this show. it was all over the place. none of the storylines really excited me that much. the ending was horrible. i wanted to see a kiss but no i just to see them call each others names over and over again. yes it was cute but come on. I WANTED A KISS. the whole series was rushed since it was only 12 episodes. this story could have been great but idk in the end it was just an average drama. i was probably expecting too much since i loved ISWAK and TKA. even though two dramas had their flaws

also the whole thing with frank's friend and ling long bothered me. ling long annoyed me when she spent ah shen's money. i felt soo sorry for the guy. ughh and that general manager guy always was like randomly placed into the story it seemed to me.

another thing i noticed about the ending. it was like BAM ariel is now getting married to Jin En Hao . it was way too rushed in the end. ughh

i would have rather seen ariel and joe together in extravagant challenge but that isn't going to happen now and the whole show is postponed :/

Guest UhOhYoonie

Ariel and Joe 0.~

Is my favorite Taiwanese Couple of all time!

I loved i so much! Ahhh . . . ISWAK & ISWAK 2

ahh... Love or Bread is such a cute and adorable

DRAMA!

ariel always brings me tears of sorrow and happiness!

• 2 months later...
Guest happiness_clover

Ahh cutest couple together again~ ! I'm still only on episode 8 after months... keep getting busy <_< ... but I really like how the chemistry between them is still there while having characters that are so radically different from before. It's really funny when Joe does comedy-type stuff because we onl <_< y ever saw it in ISWAK/TKA when Xiang Qin was daydreaming :lol:

Guest happiness_clover

Hey does anyone know the song they sing in either episode 7 or 8, about popcorn?

PI PI BOOM PI PI BOOM!

Two flowers only make one corn :lol:

I really want to learn that song since I'm a Mandarin student... I liek reading children's books too B)

Guest maytan00101

here are the lyrics to 'bao mi hua'

爆米花

爆米花 爆米花 一颗玉米一朵花

两颗玉米两朵花 很多玉米很多花

有一颗玉米不开花

问一问他 为什麼你呀不开花

逼逼玻玻逼逼玻玻逼玻玻

爆米花 爆米花 一颗玉米一朵花

两颗玉米两朵花 很多玉米很多花

我们心里也开花 美丽的花

快乐的开 心 花~~

Guest happiness_clover

THANK YOU!!! Now I'm gonna go to school tomorrow and sing it and bug my friends :lol:

Guest daulism

This drama was fun. Not a best seller, but it was fun.

AND THE THEME SONG ROCKS OMG XD <3

Oh yeah, I gotta admit I was looking foward to something relating to baking bread, but I guess rather it's about being poor and having bread the only thing to eat, I guess -_-

• 2 weeks later...
Guest beambox2730

woo~!

another ariel-joe drama! :D

i haven't watched love or bread

(but i'm planning to :D !)

...i just spoiled myself and read all the comments/posts

about the last episode. HAHA! :lol:

it seems like they've changed personalities here :lol:

ISWAK -> LoB

< -- looking forward to see this drama ^^

• 1 month later...
Guest londan

Hey the torrent links throughout the forum, are they RAWs, softsubbed, or hardsubbed?

I'm so excited to watch this show :lol:

Guest ashtoh

well, just finished the drama

kinda expected how it end up, with the bride running thingy

but i enjoyed their silly unaccidental sleeping together and others

i expect a lot more from them since they did so well in ISWAK 1

overall i give it 7/10

enjoyed it though.

:)

• 6 months later...

Why are the ratings so low for the show? Usually anything Joe & Ariel are in turns to gold. Is it too experimental for viewers?

do you know where could i download love or bread??

thanks

They would be exclusively RAW. If you're looking for subbed versions I think you're best best is to look on d-addicts.

do you know where i could download love or bread?

thanks

Archived