Instead of just killing the search function...

Guest kensai

...why not just make it a subscription option for the members who find it valuable enough? I post at boards more active than this one and that was one of the options they used to help the costs of keeping the function open.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

It used to be availible for FRIENDS OF SOOMPI, for donations, but even then it was killing soompi.

and i think soomp would prefer this forum to be totally free other than for donations and t-shirts (if those still even exist)

It used to be availible for FRIENDS OF SOOMPI, for donations, but even then it was killing soompi.

and i think soomp would prefer this forum to be totally free other than for donations and t-shirts (if those still even exist)

donations are reopened love :) you havent been looking at chi hien's sig much huh xD?

and shirts and other merchandise will be back soon too (or so it said on the main page)

i don't think we'll be getting the search function back anytime soon, it just takes up too much w.e its called (sorry im a little brain dead atm) we might be able to do it later if we had the money and everything...

why don't you limit it to one post search a day per member?

Maybe because theres simply too many members? & Plus it wouldn't satisfy half the members with only one search per day.

I wish the search function was available but I'm sure theres a good reason why we cant :(

Guest EYJAYJAY

having 1 search a day per member will be horrible, its like giving a fat boy a tiny piece of chocolate cupcake, they would want more and more.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

donations are reopened love :) you havent been looking at chi hien's sig much huh xD?

and shirts and other merchandise will be back soon too (or so it said on the main page)

i don't think we'll be getting the search function back anytime soon, it just takes up too much w.e its called (sorry im a little brain dead atm) we might be able to do it later if we had the money and everything...

i know donations are reopened, im just saying those who were Friends of Soompi had access to the search function and it still didnt work out.

Even the mods aren't technically allowed to use the search function. We're only allowed to use it when there are not a lot of users on, which basically means NEVER.

I'm not suggesting mandatory fees for every member of Soompi. I'm talking about opening the search function to those who are willing to pay a fee and support the costs that the search function incurs.

i know donations are reopened, im just saying those who were Friends of Soompi had access to the search function and it still didnt work out.

Probably because it was donation based.

Guest SweetyLuv

why don't you limit it to one post search a day per member?

I'm not all too familiar with the technical aspect of the forum, but that may even be too much for the server. It's not a bad idea, though. Another issue besides the server overload is that there just may not be the option to put restrictions like that in place. The forum software probably only offers so many options for different things, and certain suggestions, though useful, may not be possible. Just something to keep in mind!

Archived