Fafddsf

Guest musicpoplove

hey u guys i have a question

so like r u allowed to sing like songs with alternate lyrics? for example, you know Shinee's Replay, lisa from youtube i think, wrote a really good english version to it. i'm not saying i'm gonna sing it but i just want to know would the judge think it's like bad or copyright w.e if like ppl sang the same song but with different lyrics? i'm not sure if i even make sense right now but thanks anyways

As long as you give credit to Lisa(or whoever) for the lyrics, I think it would be fine. It would be like covering a cover, and in the information SM released, they said covers were fine.

Note: This is only my opinion. I have never tried out for any Ent. Agency before, so I have not been to an audition and seen a similar case.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest g0t12ic3

Is it a disadvantage if I'm not able to speak/understand Korean fluently? And I am full Korean but I only know very basic Korean (conversational).

Guest musicpoplove
anyways... do they care wether u r phat or not? cuz u can always diet right?

n do they also care about pimples?

will just be yourslef. ou cant change what you look like. But they will mostlikely look for star qquality image

ahh...do u knoe if u have to be loud?? i knoe u can't be too quiet, but does ur voice have to be very loud/strong?? ^^;;

sing and be yourself dont change the way you sing. But show them your own skills and dont copy other people's way to sing. so be loud or quiate or wha3ver you want.

hey u guys i have a question

so like r u allowed to sing like songs with alternate lyrics? for example, you know Shinee's Replay, lisa from youtube i think, wrote a really good english version to it. i'm not saying i'm gonna sing it but i just want to know would the judge think it's like bad or copyright w.e if like ppl sang the same song but with different lyrics? i'm not sure if i even make sense right now but thanks anyways

doesnt matter what u sing. they dont care about exact lyrics. do it the way you wanna

sooo...

when you sanged...

did you start with the verse preceding the chorus or

did you just start at the beginning of the song?

just curious because if you're saying about 30 seconds

of the song...it probably wont get to the chorus

soon enough.

just want to be prepared... :blush:

i did it from the part i liked to sing. i didnt spisificaly worry where i had to sing.

will if you are bad/ dont like you they give you about less-30 sec.

if u are good they will istlen to you.

dont worry about where to sing. do what you wanna/like the part best

Is it a disadvantage if I'm not able to speak/understand Korean fluently? And I am full Korean but I only know very basic Korean (conversational).

you should study korean before just few words. but since it's an korean entertainment you will neeed to learn korean if you are ever a trainnie. but they do look for the best skilled person

Guest fuzzyrum
It's hard to say whether they'll approve or not because I'm not them. Seeing as how SM in particular is usually for the idol image, this song is probably a no. Personally I don't like it and you'll be singing without MR so it's not what I'd consider a strong song to sing without the music.

thnx! u really helped, cuz i really wasn't sure. and ur right, this song is carried a lot by the background music so it wouldn't good.

Guest babybear2

Another question popped in mind.

If you actually make it as a finalist. as in like you are going to become the trainee. Do you have to go to korea right away? Can't you wait a while? And do you HAVE to train in Korea?

Gracias.

Guest aliceamanda
As long as you give credit to Lisa(or whoever) for the lyrics, I think it would be fine. It would be like covering a cover, and in the information SM released, they said covers were fine.

Note: This is only my opinion. I have never tried out for any Ent. Agency before, so I have not been to an audition and seen a similar case.

kk thanks so much and mossecakex too ^_^

Guest jieunyi

i want to audition for cf modeling

but what do you have to do? o.o

i mean cf modeling is different from regular modeling, isn't it?

cuhs its an actual commercial.... so i'm confused.

any help?

Guest happy619

If you actually make it as a finalist. as in like you are going to become the trainee. Do you have to go to korea right away? Can't you wait a while? And do you HAVE to train in Korea?

Gracias.

its a Korean Company, of course.

Guest musicpoplove
Should I introduce myself in Korean just simply by saying, "hi my name is blahblahblah" even if I'm not Korean?

whatever you want, feels the best. There really is no right and wrong in auditions. you do what you WANT to do so it looks natural.

Gracias.

Yes you HAVE to train in korea besides special cases. And i answered the korea right away thing before. please read i think the first page.

i want to audition for cf modeling

but what do you have to do? o.o

i mean cf modeling is different from regular modeling, isn't it?

cuhs its an actual commercial.... so i'm confused.

any help?

for model You have to do a walk and i think 2-3 poses.

so where is the ny audition? flushing where? i gotta get directions...and o gosh, would they ever pick someone that's fat? and short?

You can check the SMTown website (www.smtown.com) for the specific details but usually it won't have the specific venue until closer to the audition date. In some cases (such as Vancouver) it is held at the same place each time they come.

And they don't look so much as if you are fat or not or tall or not. They look for (I don't remember who said this first but) "star quality" whatever that may be. Don't judge yourself before you go. If you have faith in yourself you should try out.

Guest superstar`kiss

MANY non-Koreans can speak great Korean. And it doesn't sound funny. Very few though. But if you're not Korean and you're auditioning, it's best if you sing in Korean because you're trying out for a Korean Ent.

It's a bit obvious that you should be able to show them how good you are in speaking Korean so, SING in Korean.

Guest tainted love

I have a quick question, when they say no MR does that mean if I play the guitar I wouldn't be able to use it to acompany my aucoustic songs? Or are istruments an exception? Thanks.

Guest adorkygirl

i know that for singles if they dance they dance until judge cuts the music right? same goes for groups?i'm just curious because i want to dance with agroup of friends this year, bu ti dont know how long i should put it. 2 minutes too long?

Guest musicpoplove
Can we wear whatever we think is comfortable? Are shorts okay? I'm planning to wear shorts and maybe high heels?

yeah wear your style, just be yourself.

highheels are fine, just know you should be comfortable.

I have a quick question, when they say no MR does that mean if I play the guitar I wouldn't be able to use it to acompany my aucoustic songs? Or are istruments an exception? Thanks.

no instruments. no mr means no microphone and instrumental.

i dont know about playing guitar alone iwth singing...

i just d ont think it's really SM style they go for.

but definatly do whatever you are feeling.

i know that for singles if they dance they dance until judge cuts the music right? same goes for groups?i'm just curious because i want to dance with agroup of friends this year, bu ti dont know how long i should put it. 2 minutes too long?

2v min is way too long. if you mean sign up for dance section than do something quick that a judge sees as a talent. dont go off doign 2 minute of drag.

Guest adorkygirl

oh okay. thx. but like how long do they usually let someone dance? because mine's a group thing. 4 girls dancing, so don't i need time to dance to it to let them see all of us?

Guest tainted love

hm, thanks for trying to answer my question, do you think I should still just bring my guitar along and see if they'll let me? Do you know of or have seen anyone bring their guitar with them to these auditions?

hm, thanks for trying to answer my question, do you think I should still just bring my guitar along and see if they'll let me? Do you know of or have seen anyone bring their guitar with them to these auditions?

k so your gunna bring a big guitar to the auditions, taking it to the subway and going on a bus with 50 people inside. Hmm think about the people arround you >_<

just record it on a dvd or something. But if you can play a guitar they probably would give you points for that...cuz you can make the music for the band.

Archived