Fafddsf

Guest musicpoplove

hi thanks for your reply :)

just on emore for a friend, i forgot where you wrote it but it you said that judges are looking for people whos natural, and something to do with the styling of hair.

so does that mean i guy shouldnt style his hair for the audition because most asian guys do it nowadays.

i know this is a "minor" detail but isnt natural a big thing?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hinsaru

I have a question about the songwriting / composing section.

How many does the songs does the autionee need to put on his demo CD?

Second does the compositions need to have a demo singer / rapper over it?

Also, if the second question is answered yes, do I need to bring lyric sheets as well?

Guest sarah00891

this sounds weird. but would they not pick someone tan?

:/

I would also like to know also please, since I am not in the light-skinned category -_-

Guest AxGirlxCalledxKill

how do you register for audition? you just go there and sign up?

sorry my first time with therse stuff

You can and you probably should register online.

The application email and all the application information is on the site.

www.smtown.com and just click on global auditions and read the page. :]

Guest fuzzyrum

lol i have a lot of questions so bear with me.

1. Have the locations within the cities been posted yet? And if not, does anyone have any idea when they might be announced?

2. If you've been to an SM Audition before, what's the most important piece of advice you could give to a no0b like me? lol

thnx guys!

Guest Pencilz

You sing one song, for 30 seconds the first round, if they like you they gunna tell you to stay or something. Then they gunna call you back for 2nd round or something. Then sing another song and bam

So when you send in the email form, does aim mail work? because last time i tried sending something to a korean website, it didn't go through, so i was wondering if yahoo or gmail works. thanks

and is there an exact place in LA yet?

-edit-

1 more question

if you send in an email form, do you have to sign anything else when you get to the auditions? or like what do you have to do when you get there?

sorry new to this

Guest musicpoplove

I have a small question

The registry form is in Korean or English (cuz i dont know Korean so)?

btw congrats for your auditions :)

it's in both. itsyas it in english and korean but it im sure that last year was in english and chinese/korean.

i hope this is not too much..

Question :

u said that 18 is ok.. but how about 19? LOL... i'm serious..

will like i said if you got the star quality that they look for, star quality will over run age. But age does matter somewhat. dont worry about your age though.

for last year....registration time was from 3-8....so if I go there say at 12.......I can't register anymore? Also for last years' ... when did the audition end? like when did the last person audition and when did he/she registered?

you mean 3-8pm? and you wanna register 12am at midnight? i dont know what you mean lol

I heard that 2 yeras ago in LA or something that people even audition till midnight. but i suggest go there early. auditioning late will only get disadvantage.

o wow you are on your way!!

but it sucks they are making you re-audition!! cause I'm sure you stood out drasticly when you sang in english in korea! well I'll see you at the NY auditions^^

So how many songs do they ask you to sing in the first rounds...cause I'm hearing this magic number 3 but then so many say that they only got 30 secs

also if you sign up for singing, dancing, acting and modeling....is it likly they would let you act and model as well?

and for dancing...is it better to prepare 2 or more 1 minute long routines or just one long one and have them cut you off?

in GLOBAL they tell you to sing one, then if they like you then they tell you to sing again. In MY korea audition they askd me to sing twice. If you suck/they dont like you then they cut you off. If they like you then no. They didnt cut me off.

Usually they ask you to do one catagory, but if you tell them u wannat do all of them then im sure they will tell you to do only sing/freestyle.

hi thanks for your reply :)

just on emore for a friend, i forgot where you wrote it but it you said that judges are looking for people whos natural, and something to do with the styling of hair.

so does that mean i guy shouldnt style his hair for the audition because most asian guys do it nowadays.

i know this is a "minor" detail but isnt natural a big thing?

No i dont mean dont style your hair. I mean dont color your hair unnatural funky way and do a funky hair style like... having long hair and doing mohak or you know the punk style?

Natural means like dont over do yourelf to look so unnatural. This includes heavy makeup, funky cllothes and hair.

I have a question about the songwriting / composing section.

How many does the songs does the autionee need to put on his demo CD?

Second does the compositions need to have a demo singer / rapper over it?

Also, if the second question is answered yes, do I need to bring lyric sheets as well?

To tell you the truth i dont know anything about songw/comp section. I dont know anyone who got in an audition with songw/comp section actually. My SMcon. friend too. Sory cant help you with that one.

But yeah i say you need to bring everything for the song comp section to show you skills on making music. but i think you need to be a professional at this catagory since you are probably gonna be helping out later on with actully entertainment groups if u ever get picked. i dont think this is for students who just make music but for soemone really pro? (not talin about u but as in general ) so if you are not auditiong for sing/act/ section and doing song writting sectio nthen make sure you write your collage experience or any big experience you had with this.

lol i have a lot of questions so bear with me.

1. Have the locations within the cities been posted yet? And if not, does anyone have any idea when they might be announced?

2. If you've been to an SM Audition before, what's the most important piece of advice you could give to a no0b like me? lol

thnx guys!

1. This has been answered many times. please read the main forum or otheres that had been answered.

2. For noobs(notmean way), I am 90% sure beginners will not get in. I think that for an audition like this where they pick someone to be a performer starting for a med. level, someone who has stage experience, pervious expiernce with confidence level will do okay. So if you are a beginner at something like thsi, im 100% sure you wil be shaking ><. so just have confidence. Tat's the k,ey point to aauditions.

So when you send in the email form, does aim mail work? because last time i tried sending something to a korean website, it didn't go through, so i was wondering if yahoo or gmail works. thanks

and is there an exact place in LA yet?

-edit-

1 more question

if you send in an email form, do you have to sign anything else when you get to the auditions? or like what do you have to do when you get there?

sorry new to this

Aim mail? I'd say use regular mail. I think yahoo is a gpood one.

Yeah email form is just to see how many ppl come and who comes..

you have to sign up there anyway. Email one is really nothing.

you need to do the forum thing again when u get there. You need to wait and stuff, so email is useless.

Guest blah blah blah

anyways... do they care wether u r phat or not? cuz u can always diet right?

n do they also care about pimples?

Guest xAnimeLuver19x

ahh...do u knoe if u have to be loud?? i knoe u can't be too quiet, but does ur voice have to be very loud/strong?? ^^;;

Guest fuzzyrum

i have a question about a song i was gonna sing.

i just wanted to know if you guys thought it was appropriate for the audition or not, considering it's a little provocative.

it's Adult Ceremony by Park Ji Yoon, most of you probably know it was banned from certain stations in korea. but when i read the english translations it wasn't that bad.

here's the link to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oGxYdzTgC8

penny for ur thoughts?

thnx :)

anyways... do they care wether u r phat or not? cuz u can always diet right?

n do they also care about pimples?

Well if you're morbidly obese it will probably affect your first impression and image for sure. No matter how good they'll notice that you're fat. If you're a little chubby it shouldn't be a problem. As for the pimples, clear skin is always a plus in life. People judge others, you can't deny that. But these shouldn't become deterring factors on whether you should audition or not. These judges can often see behind your faults and look at bone structure of your face and whatnot.

ahh...do u knoe if u have to be loud?? i knoe u can't be too quiet, but does ur voice have to be very loud/strong?? ^^;;

If you're too quiet they can't hear you and in some cases I've seen, they stop you and ask you to sing louder which isn't necessarily bad but why bother getting cut off. You're voice is your voice, present it as it is. If your voice is say soft and melodic, pick a song that suits it. A strong voice and a loud voice are two different things.

i have a question about a song i was gonna sing.

i just wanted to know if you guys thought it was appropriate for the audition or not, considering it's a little provocative.

it's Adult Ceremony by Park Ji Yoon, most of you probably know it was banned from certain stations in korea. but when i read the english translations it wasn't that bad.

here's the link to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oGxYdzTgC8

penny for ur thoughts?

thnx :)

It's hard to say whether they'll approve or not because I'm not them. Seeing as how SM in particular is usually for the idol image, this song is probably a no. Personally I don't like it and you'll be singing without MR so it's not what I'd consider a strong song to sing without the music.

Guest a_dreamer143

Well if you're morbidly obese it will probably affect your first impression and image for sure. No matter how good they'll notice that you're fat. If you're a little chubby it shouldn't be a problem. As for the pimples, clear skin is always a plus in life. People judge others, you can't deny that. But these shouldn't become deterring factors on whether you should audition or not. These judges can often see behind your faults and look at bone structure of your face and whatnot.

If you're too quiet they can't hear you and in some cases I've seen, they stop you and ask you to sing louder which isn't necessarily bad but why bother getting cut off. You're voice is your voice, present it as it is. If your voice is say soft and melodic, pick a song that suits it. A strong voice and a loud voice are two different things.

It's hard to say whether they'll approve or not because I'm not them. Seeing as how SM in particular is usually for the idol image, this song is probably a no. Personally I don't like it and you'll be singing without MR so it's not what I'd consider a strong song to sing without the music.

will it be alright if we started singing the chorus part?

will it be alright if we started singing the chorus part?

Start singing from wherever you are most comfortable. But be prepared to sing the whole song because if they're interested in you, they'll let you sing for longer and perhaps even ask you to sing another song too. But definitely start with the 30seconds you are most comfortable and confident singing first.

what do we need to bring to the audition, things such as photos and such?

Bring yourself. They don't really need photos when they see you in person. Bringing a pen is always handy so you don't have to rely on others and water is always good.

Guest aliceamanda

hey u guys i have a question

so like r u allowed to sing like songs with alternate lyrics? for example, you know Shinee's Replay, lisa from youtube i think, wrote a really good english version to it. i'm not saying i'm gonna sing it but i just want to know would the judge think it's like bad or copyright w.e if like ppl sang the same song but with different lyrics? i'm not sure if i even make sense right now but thanks anyways

Guest aznhoneychik

3. How often can you visit your family when you're a trainee/celebrity?

I can answer that for you.. um.. they said that you can see them once you finished being a trainee... I am particularly not shure what they mean.. but my best guess is once your a trainee I don't think you will have time to see them.

sooo...

when you sanged...

did you start with the verse preceding the chorus or

did you just start at the beginning of the song?

just curious because if you're saying about 30 seconds

of the song...it probably wont get to the chorus

soon enough.

just want to be prepared... :blush:

Archived