Fafddsf

Guest musicpoplove

Guest KiSS.THE.RAiN`

yes im korean. Ah thank you so much.

It's a long story lol. They asked me if im goin back to USA and i said yes within a month. And they said that since im going back to USA within the 2nd round audition , they asked me to be at the NY global aud9tion.

Oh~ so you DO have a callback. CONGRATS dear!~ They give you time to practice!

Since you were Korea. Did you happen to go to the SM concert?

I heard it was HOTT!!

And I heard JYP is having auditions too! Wow~ You going to both?

I think you should, since there will be a better chance.

No chances for me ~~ But that is okay!

Though, did you see many SM trainees there?

Alot of rumors saying they have about over 50.

And many of them are really young (11 years old)

Ahh. I feel so bad, already 16. :lol:

Good luck again.

파이팅~

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest flyaway.
If you are sign up for dancing then you bring yoru own music. If doing freestyle the pick the music. if you are bring your music for dance section then you can pick any song big bang is fine. No rivals... it's just what netizens just say. But usually in Audition freestyle they put on US pop music.

When i filmed alone they ask me to dance. and asked quesions and told me stuff.

Ahh. I see. Thanks for answering! =)

But I actually have one more question (I didn't think of it earlier).

Do they really care about age? Is being 18 a disadvantage?

hey, just wondering since this is questions about SM Global Auditions...mmm...do you know if their are other countries that are going to be included and where are they? ^^ this you might not be able to answer but just wondering if you know lol.

also im a girl but my friend off mine wants to audition as well, is height really important for guys? like if he can dance and sing but is not tall, is that agaisnt him? what would be an acceptable height for a guy?

oh yeah, like you said in teh first post, looks matters, will they look past people wearing braces?

thanks

Guest gingerpeach
Wait..so do you have to dance? Will they ask you to because I can only sing -.-

When everyone in your group finishes auditioning, there will be a 'rhythm test'-- they will play some music for everyone to dance (freestyle) to. So yes, they WILL ask you to dance, but you don't have to do it. But it's recommended that you do. It's a way to show the judges how comfortable you are and how much confidence/potential you have. I hear that if you don't dance at all, it's not likely that you will get in (make it past the 1st round), even IF your singing is great. So yup, just my two cents. :]

Guest joong33

-i think braces wouldn't matter. as long as you get them off right? (Yuri had braces too didn't she?)

-It's been made pretty clear that if you audition you'll have to dance. even if you are great at singing.

I have a question (of course^^):

what if you forgot the lyrics to your song??!! Would they tell you to please continue or sing a different song?

IF you lived somewhere outside of the state (auditioning[hopefully]: California. I live in MN) and they were "interested" in you but you live too far for call backs. would they just ignore it? i'm prolly gonna stay in CA until a week after the audition... how are call backs like? do they call you back (hence the word) by phone or e-mail... or in person?

my questions are kinda lame but would help... thanks ^o^

***when you said there are more singers better than SNSD... i totally agreed w/you! (no offense to all seoshi fans... i'm one myself >__<!) it's not that they're not good it's just some of them don't sing a lot...thatt what makes other amatures better. usually Taeyeon, Jessica sings........ yeah....

i'll shut up for now....

Guest miss lakwon

Thanks for your post! Good luck to you!

My question:

For the dance category, it says freestyle.

But can you do like a 50 second prepared routine from home?

One more thing.

My friend auditioned the first time SM came to America for the audtions.

He got called back and performed at the festival.

But no call back afterwards.

He auditioned the second time but nothing.

He plans to audition again but will they remember him?

-i think braces wouldn't matter. as long as you get them off right? (Yuri had braces too didn't she?)

-It's been made pretty clear that if you audition you'll have to dance. even if you are great at singing.

what if you forgot the lyrics to your song??!! Would they tell you to please continue or sing a different song?

IF you lived somewhere outside of the state (auditioning[hopefully]: California. I live in MN) and they were "interested" in you but you live too far for call backs. would they just ignore it? i'm prolly gonna stay in CA until a week after the audition... how are call backs like? do they call you back (hence the word) by phone or e-mail... or in person?

***when you said there are more singers better than SNSD... i totally agreed w/you! (no offense to all seoshi fans... i'm one myself >__<!) it's not that they're not good it's just some of them don't sing a lot...thatt what makes other amatures better. usually Taeyeon, Jessica sings........ yeah....

i'll shut up for now....

I don't think braces matter cuz yea you'll get them off.

No, they're probably not going to tell you to sing another song. they only ask you to sing another song if they're interested in you.

Even if you live far away, they won't ignore you for a callback. After all, if you don't show up it's ur loss. I read somewhere that for an audition some ppl who lived far away from the auditioning site got a callback, but they didn't bother to go cuz it was so far. so even if u live far they'll give you a callback if they're interested. They'll probably call you back by phone, prob within 1-2 weeks.

lol and ur line "it's not that they're not good it's just some of them don't sing a lot...thatt what makes other amatures better." doesn't make sense. for ex, if ur a super good singer and u don't sing alot, that means ameteurs (that may or may not be a better singer) are better than you? lol.

On the contrary, i think ppl might think alot of ppl out there sing better than SNSD, but they do sing better than most ppl, esp TY and Jess and SH. I mean try hitting TY's high notes w/o switching into head voice or screaming your head off. Even Ye Eun had trouble hitting TY's high note. (lol just sayin fan of both :]) N i think their songs are pretty hard (some of them) but if they had more challenging songs they could probably showcase their talent more, cuz some members like Sunny can sing rly good but are underrated.

Guest babybear2

Aww man. Please dont tell me they post up the locations at the last week or something....

and Would they pick someone tan?

Guest joong33
lol and ur line "it's not that they're not good it's just some of them don't sing a lot...thatt what makes other amatures better." doesn't make sense. for ex, if ur a super good singer and u don't sing alot, that means ameteurs (that may or may not be a better singer) are better than you? lol.

^- haha i meant you barely hear their voices so you don't know how they sound like ^^ hehe... (amatures-i meant non-professionals, not famous) but everyone knows how they sound like... plus not all of them are super good. just about half. They're kinda like SUJU... have their own different talents into one package...: SNSD... lolz... i reread what you said about my "line" and it doesn't make sense... harhar...^^

yeup... thx for your help on my questions... ^_-

-Cedar-

Guest hankyung<3

Okay here's my question...what if you wanted to do more than one thing?

like I wanted to act AND sing...cuz my strength is actually acting but I'm not bad at singing either so I wanted to try both just so I could possibly get in...

would it be possible to do 1 minute of each?

and would my chances be bad since I'm only half Korean? I'm half-Korean, half-white lol but I am fluent in Korean and I understand it very well

Guest musicpoplove

Oh~ so you DO have a callback. CONGRATS dear!~ They give you time to practice!

Since you were Korea. Did you happen to go to the SM concert?

I heard it was HOTT!!

And I heard JYP is having auditions too! Wow~ You going to both?

I think you should, since there will be a better chance.

No chances for me ~~ But that is okay!

Though, did you see many SM trainees there?

Alot of rumors saying they have about over 50.

And many of them are really young (11 years old)

Ahh. I feel so bad, already 16. :lol:

Good luck again.

파이팅~

Nope didnt go to concert. Will SM asked me to come to SM audition so i dont know if i should go to JYP. Although I think JYP is a better choice...

Yeah when i audition and coming out there were one girl and one boy who came in through the back door. They seemed definiatl like trainnies.

Ahh. I see. Thanks for answering! =)

But I actually have one more question (I didn't think of it earlier).

Do they really care about age? Is being 18 a disadvantage?

Will i dotn know about caring for age, but they did Ask me what my age was and school year which means they do concern about age. But being 18, and having what they look for is fine.

hey, just wondering since this is questions about SM Global Auditions...mmm...do you know if their are other countries that are going to be included and where are they? ^^ this you might not be able to answer but just wondering if you know lol.

also im a girl but my friend off mine wants to audition as well, is height really important for guys? like if he can dance and sing but is not tall, is that agaisnt him? what would be an acceptable height for a guy?

oh yeah, like you said in teh first post, looks matters, will they look past people wearing braces?

thanks

Global is usually in US adn Canada. And last year or 2 years ago it was also in maylasia and stuff.

Like i said, they dont look exactly every single point of a person but if you are a guy and like 5 foot to 5''5, that's pretty short for someone who would want to stand on stage and shine. but if you look at the audition forum, you have to write your height and weight which means it does count somehow.

Braces isnt really a big deal. it's not liek it's perminant. But having star quality and having braces is probably fine. you dont need to worry about every single detail though.

Wait..so do you have to dance? Will they ask you to because I can only sing -.-

There is a freestyle. They tell you if u cant dance then just clap or just kind of move . Dancing is a huge part of audition though. HUGE.

i'll shut up for now....

1. no they just keep on filming. You just keep going whatever u can.

2. global are usually email. In the email it says where the place is for 2nd round,. u go there and it doesnt matter where you live. but if u cant make it to 2nd round b/c its too far, then you just dnt go.

Thanks for your post! Good luck to you!

My question:

For the dance category, it says freestyle.

But can you do like a 50 second prepared routine from home?

One more thing.

My friend auditioned the first time SM came to America for the audtions.

He got called back and performed at the festival.

But no call back afterwards.

He auditioned the second time but nothing.

He plans to audition again but will they remember him?

Yeah if you are doing the dance categoryt hen you bring a music CD and do wahtever you prepared.

will i say usually if they dont pick you all the way to trainnie mode, then they see that person as not really a star quality that they can take care of to represent their company. So you CAN audition again and get better, but usually i'd say the reason they dotn pick someone is becuae they dont see the star quality. But if u made to like 3rd audtion and failed then you have Some little spark that you can make up and do better again and audition again.

Okay here's my question...what if you wanted to do more than one thing?

like I wanted to act AND sing...cuz my strength is actually acting but I'm not bad at singing either so I wanted to try both just so I could possibly get in...

would it be possible to do 1 minute of each?

and would my chances be bad since I'm only half Korean? I'm half-Korean, half-white lol but I am fluent in Korean and I understand it very well

Usually if you go acting catagory SOMEtimes they will ask you to sing also. But usually acting and singing isn't really a big match that you do. Like if you tell them you'll do singing dance and acting, they will usually tell you only to do sing and dance.

Being half and half isnt really a popular choice unless you got really what they want.

Guest bahatde

I have a small question

The registry form is in Korean or English (cuz i dont know Korean so)?

btw congrats for your auditions :)

for last year....registration time was from 3-8....so if I go there say at 12.......I can't register anymore? Also for last years' ... when did the audition end? like when did the last person audition and when did he/she registered?

Guest Pencilz

lawl...ill probably get through the 1st part of the audition but not the 2nd one...

sheesh everything seems so far away... so anyone wanna meet up? lulz. and i probably wont get through the 2nd part cuz i cant dance >_> well maybe if i can learn my cwalk, but its not really a dance is it lol?

Guest stacynsungmin

o wow you are on your way!!

but it sucks they are making you re-audition!! cause I'm sure you stood out drasticly when you sang in english in korea! well I'll see you at the NY auditions^^

So how many songs do they ask you to sing in the first rounds...cause I'm hearing this magic number 3 but then so many say that they only got 30 secs

also if you sign up for singing, dancing, acting and modeling....is it likly they would let you act and model as well?

and for dancing...is it better to prepare 2 or more 1 minute long routines or just one long one and have them cut you off?

Archived