Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kotaro

My Neighbor Totoro

Who watched this?
I remember watching it when I was small, and I recently watched it again in my Japanese class xD.
I <3 this movie.
My-Neighbor-Totoro-lscp.jpg~original

Plot:
Eleven-year-old Satsuki and her sassy little sister Mei are overjoyed about moving into a historic country house with their dad--but the girls don't realize what a delightful adventure awaits them there. While exploring their sprawling home and the beautiful rural area that surrounds it, Satsuki and Mei meet Granny, a sweet old woman, and her timid grandson Kanta. They also experience firsthand the magic of the Soot Sprites, mysterious creatures that live in the walls, and discover a huge camphor tree that just might be enchanted

Volumes: 4 (Complete) https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=36613Published by: VizAnime Episodes: 1 film
my-neighbor-totoro-crawling-through-bush

MyNeighborTotorofull_34268.jpg~original

totoro-tree.jpg~original

And this is exciting: they're finally showing the Disney release of Totoro with Dakota and Elle Fanning as voiceactresses.

from Nausicaa.net:

October 12, 2005 New English Dub of "Totoro" Premiere on October 23

Hollywood, CA - October 12, 2005 -- The Hollywood Film Festival's Board of Advisors has unveiled the line-up for this year's festival, as well as the Hollywood Film Awards nominees and honorees. The announcement was made today by Carlos de Abreu, Founder and Executive Director of the festival. The finalists were selected from over 2,200 film submissions -- an increase in worldwide submissions to the festival of more than 5% since last year -- and include features, documentaries and shorts. The screenings will take place from October 18 to 23 at Arclight Theatres (6360 Sunset Blvd.).

The festival will screen 10 world premieres and will have its Opening Night Gala Premiere on October 18 at Grauman's Chinese Theatre with Warner Bros.' "KISS KISS, BANG BANG," starring ROBERT DOWNEY JR., VAL KILMER and MICHELLE MONAGHAN, and it will close with the World Premiere of Disney's "MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO," an animated feature starring the voices of DAKOTA FANNING and ELLE FANNING and directed by HAYAO MIYAZAKI, on October 23 at Arclight Theatres.

The showing is by invitation only and takes place on Sunday, October 23rd at 7:00pm. Contact Jennifer Horn at (818) 955-7481 or email totoro@hollywoodawards.com to be put on the invited list. A few additional details in this Hollywood Reporter article.

Following the screening will be a Q&A with the filmmakers of the English dub of My Neighbor Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle including Producer/Director Rick Dempsey, Producer Ned Lott, and Writers Don and Cindy Hewitt.

Totoro is cool but I dont like how the whole movie is more focused on the girl and her family and her sick mother rather than Totoro. You only see totoro and neko bus for like 20 minutes in the end -.-

i like that movie~

i think it was really cute when they did a dance or something to make the tree grow... that was super cute!!!

my little neice love the mvoie...

yea, i love this movie ^_^ see my icon?

my niece also loves this movie .. in fact, i still think she has my dvd -_- best if i just buy myself another copy..

Who watched this?

I remember watching it when I was small, and I recently watched it again in my Japanese class xD.

I <3 this movie.

same here! :lol:

i love when she sits on his stomach when he's sleeping and plays with his mouth and stuff haha

NOOO NOT DAKOTA FANNING, SHE'S TAKING OVER THE WORLD

I think the old dub is just fine.

thats what i was thinking.. =o= why would they go through the trouble of REdubbing this?!?

makes no sense to me...

anyway great movie~ i love studio ghibli movies and mr. miyazaki