What Book Is This? Official Thread

Guest xrainbowstarburstx

Guest Jetblack

It sounds like The Prophecy of the Gems / The Prophecy of the Stones by Flavia Bujor.

That sounds like The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine. I used to own this book and liked it very much and then I didn't know where it was or what it was called.

Omgosh thank you guys both! I've been searching for those books since forever!

I have other mystery books I'm looking for lol. Unfortunately I can't remember the plots for other series very well except for the book covers.

One is a series of 2 books. One book is entirely blue with a drawing of an open book on the front cover while the other book is red with a feathered quill I think, I'm not entirely sure. The only thing I remember from one of these books is that the guy who the girl gets with dies.

The other series, I THINK is a trilogy but I'm not entirely sure. Black coloured book with a fiery or icy large S on the front cover. The main female character is described as pale, pretty sure she had a short choppy bob and a full red mouth and was probably described as almost clown-like. It's either in a dystopian world or medieval.

Argh, so vague.

Life would be so much better if I could recall anything I wanted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Annisa19

@lilsh0rtnancy I'm not completely sure if this is the correct book but it includes something very similar to your description, The Giver by Lois Lowry? class="H" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(30, 30, 31); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"

• 2 months later...
Guest Krrypton

hey i think i know that movie... Was it 'the time traveller's wife'? I heard abt that flick ... I m not sure though... Just guessing....:-)

Guest Krrypton

hey does anyone have a idea what book is this? I really am trying hard to figure it out. I just remember the storyline- its about this girl who is proposed by a man but she rejects him and years later they meet again but the boy doesnt love her.. Something like that... Anyways if someone has an idea plz help..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest linda028

To be honest i know all my books specially those author.In fact i bought some christian book at http://www.sacrum.fi/ in Finland country where the author of the christian book is very popular in that place.Maybe i will think if i have a book that i forgot.

• 1 month later...
Guest travisd

linda028 said: To be honest i know all my books specially those author.In fact i bought some christian book at http://www.sacrum.fi/ in Finland country where the author of the christian book is very popular in that place.Maybe i will think if i have a book that i forgot.

• 2 months later...
Guest pooh77

maybe "memoirs of geisha"??"Somehow I think god tells him to go talk/help this one girl who works as a prostitute of some sort. He pays money to talk to her and she finds him weird cause of that, but later starts enjoying their conversation. I don't remember what happens next but I guess they decided to be together but I think she runs off cause she doesn't think she's good enough and ends up meeting this guy who raped her in the past when she was a little girl"

this as same as i read those book a few years ago!! but the other i don't know :(

• 5 months later...

It's more of a short story than a novel. I remember reading it in middle school. I'm certain the writer was black and female, named Niki or Nikki. Anyway, A girl is like a track racer and she's really good, so is her dad. And she has a mentally-slow brother who finds a funny way to run fast, with his arms straight down. The girl and her dad find out that he's a good runner like them. And the girl had a long name, something like Deborah Josephine Katherine, or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived