What Book Is This? Official Thread

Guest xrainbowstarburstx

Guest ovovoovo

There's this amazing book that I read a while ago but I can't recall its title (ironic right?). It has been irritating me lately and I tried doing a Google search but nothing seems to come up. So the novel revolves around this high school boy and his relationship with his younger brother who died of Wilson's disease. One day, his mother was burning everything that belonged to him. He find his brother's diary and decides to keep it and writes in it, learning more about his younger brother. I think one of the brother is called Luke or something.

I think it's a translated novel. Damnit, I can remember the storyline so clearly but I can't remember the title! Please help out a desperate soul.....

NVM I just found it!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ovovoovo

^ What, what, whut?!

That sounds like an interesting book and I'm eager to know its title... lol

Do you mind to tell?

Brothers: Life, Death, Truth by Ted van Lieshout

It's a good book, hopefully you'll like it! :)

• 3 months later...
Guest Jetblack

Ummmm I'm looking for these two books that I read a few years ago. They're kind of both really feminine, fairy-tale like..

- One has two princesses. One's blonde, and the other one, her sister, is brunette. The blonde one is the stronger one, the fearless, reckless type, and the sister is the complete opposite. I think the blonde sister gets kidnapped or something, because the other sister ends up going on a quest to find her. I think she goes with a sorcerer, but there is a sorcerer with her at sometime in the book, he's a lot older then her but looks her age, apparently sorcerers in this book have ugly feet. He makes a semblance of them out of clouds to show her he likes her. They find her sister, and they get together. The author's surname starts with an A, or a B. Somewhere in the beginning of the alphabet.

- I can't remember alot of the details in this book. Except it's pretty thick, the cover is pink, and there are three opals at the top, there's a girl in each one of the opal. Green, Yellow and I'm not sure what the other one is. The girls are best friends, or maybe two are best friends while one is sort of an outsider because she's the richer and nobler then the two. I actually don't remember much of the plot...

Guest all_about_lakorn_

I am actaully trying to look for some translated books/novels!,,,....does anyone know where i can find some?...i am a big fan of asian-american writers but i can't seem to find any good writers at all!...

I am actaully trying to look for some translated books/novels!,,,....does anyone know where i can find some?...i am a big fan of asian-american writers but i can't seem to find any good writers at all!...

you might be able to find something in this thread:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/48005-asian-books/

• 4 weeks later...
Guest s_umire

Hey~! Does anyone know a short story or poem that's got to do with theme of Belonging? Preferably something sort of subtle or unique with the Belonging theme, but otherwise, anything that you guys think is an entertaining short story/poem XD

LOL this is for another of my school assignments so just wondering if anyone had any cool reccs. If you can get back to me ASAP, even better :D TY!

• 2 months later...
Guest nailjunkie

Does anyone know the name of the short story where a couple gave birth to twin girls.  The couple were scared that they couldn't tell the difference between the twin so they let two person different person take care of each of the twins.  One of the person was was a bright and happy witch while the other was a dark witch.  As the twins grew older they looked different.  The one that was taken care of by the bright and happy witch was growing up cheerful and happy, while the other one was dark and quiet.  The father was upset that the dark and quiet one never really did anything, and he kept on pestering her to sing him the only song he knew.  She didn't want to but since the father kept on pestering her she sung the song and her father died.  In the end each of the sister went their separate ways.  I know I am missing some stuff out, but I really like this story but I don't remember the title of it.

• 3 months later...

The story is about a woman who married a widowed man. The man is the husband of her friend and the three of them were good friends. The man has a daughter and thought that she needs a mother, which is why he married to the woman. This marriage was out of convenience. However, soon they both fell in love. Another subplot of the story is something to do with the inheritance of the estate or ranch.

If I'm not mistake the woman name is Katherine or Catherine.

The book is written before 2000s. Early 90s or even before that.

- I can't remember alot of the details in this book. Except it's pretty thick, the cover is pink, and there are three opals at the top, there's a girl in each one of the opal. Green, Yellow and I'm not sure what the other one is. The girls are best friends, or maybe two are best friends while one is sort of an outsider because she's the richer and nobler then the two. I actually don't remember much of the plot...

It sounds like The Prophecy of the Gems / The Prophecy of the Stones by Flavia Bujor.

• 1 month later...

Ummmm I'm looking for these two books that I read a few years ago. They're kind of both really feminine, fairy-tale like..

- One has two princesses. One's blonde, and the other one, her sister, is brunette. The blonde one is the stronger one, the fearless, reckless type, and the sister is the complete opposite. I think the blonde sister gets kidnapped or something, because the other sister ends up going on a quest to find her. I think she goes with a sorcerer, but there is a sorcerer with her at sometime in the book, he's a lot older then her but looks her age, apparently sorcerers in this book have ugly feet. He makes a semblance of them out of clouds to show her he likes her. They find her sister, and they get together. The author's surname starts with an A, or a B. Somewhere in the beginning of the alphabet.

That sounds like The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine. I used to own this book and liked it very much and then I didn't know where it was or what it was called.

• 6 months later...
Guest Mellie1430262736

Hey guys, there's this book that I read quite a long time ago and can't remember the title. It's really bothering me.

The story is about this guy who woke up in a prison I think? I can't really remember. But he was put into this maze-like underground tunnels with another convict who acts very child-like but murders people when he's angry. And they're given orange jumpsuits and devices like night vision goggles and there's this secret society that's observing them and controls everything that goes on in the tunnels. I remember the other guy dying in the tunnels and in the end he got out alive.

Hey guys, there's this book that I read quite a long time ago and can't remember the title. It's really bothering me.

The story is about this guy who woke up in a prison I think? I can't really remember. But he was put into this maze-like underground tunnels with another convict who acts very child-like but murders people when he's angry. And they're given orange jumpsuits and devices like night vision goggles and there's this secret society that's observing them and controls everything that goes on in the tunnels. I remember the other guy dying in the tunnels and in the end he got out alive.

You're not talking about The Maze Runner are you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Maze_Runner

• 4 weeks later...
Guest juliamathias

I also can't remember the name of a book. All I know is that starts at sort of tavern, and a man comes in wounded and in tattered clothes. He has been attacked by some magical animal, and it turns out that the owner of the tavern is actually a wizard, but he can't let anyone else know. He has an apprentice that helps him at the tavern, and later they set out to kill those animals. Sorry guys that's all I got. :/

• 4 weeks later...
Guest zakbailey

i saw this book in a bookstore sometime early July 2012, but don't remember what the name was called, but it was about music and why we interact with it so much, how it came to be, and practically everything else about why we "eat, sleep, and breathe" music. ps: its not This is Your Brain on Music

• 3 months later...
Guest travisd

grainsofrain said:

FrozenMelody

wrote:

»

• 1 month later...
Guest mataiyamabry

Okay so the book is in the medival (sc) times and it starts with a little girls castle being invaded. Her father is killed and so is her body guard. She's separated from her sister. She then grows up ends up traveling with this baron and they get married and someone tries to kill her then she finds the dagger that the guy who replaced her father killed her mother with and he's later killed

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a poem that I read in eighth grade in a standardize test's practice booklet. I vaguely remember it to be about an old woman who reminisce about her younger self going to a dance party. I think the setting is set in the 1930s. The theme of the poem has to do with old age and living life to the fullest. I thought it was an Emily Dickinson's poem, but I couldn't find the poem anywhere under her name. It would be nice to finally find the title of the poem, since I've been looking for it since forever. 

Archived