What Book Is This? Official Thread

Guest xrainbowstarburstx

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Billion

Sorry guys, can't help you on that one though the story does sound interesting.

There's a book I read in elementary school (so it's a picture book) and I don't remember much of it except that it had gorgeous drawings and was about a princess who for some reason had hair that grew uncontrollably. It was so bad once that it filled an entire room. I think she had a curse or something but I'm not sure.

There's a book I read in elementary school (so it's a picture book) and I don't remember much of it except that it had gorgeous drawings and was about a princess who for some reason had hair that grew uncontrollably. It was so bad once that it filled an entire room. I think she had a curse or something but I'm not sure.

I've read tons of fairy tales, and once read a book called Melisande --could that be it? Not only did her hair grow, but she did too. (it started out as a 'wish')

http://www.amazon.com/Melisande-E-Nesbit/d...ntt_at_ep_dpi_7

• 2 weeks later...

There was this book i read in seventh grade...umm...it was kinda eerie let's see

There's this boy who lives in this huge old mansion with his dad, but his dad is off to find a new wife because his mom died in an accident. During the accicent, the mom had a 50/50 chance of living but dies instead. Then he touches something (not sure cuz i forgot) and he's transfered to this other world where he meets himself except the fact that he's a girl and that his mom is still alive. There was this one part where they talk about children seeing and hearing ghosts...and then they both (the boy and girl) gets stuck in one of the other worlds end whenever they touch each other they get burned or something like that...

I don't really remember but it talks a great deal about 50/50 chances. Like the boy having a 50/50 chance of being a girl or the mom having a 50/50 chance of living...yeah...

Please help me find out what book this is because i really want to read it again...i think it's the first book of a series...The cover has a lot of blue and some white if that helps.

Okay, so it was a romance novel.

What I remember was that this woman was told in her job that she had to take care of this house the place she worked at was going to fix up soon or something.

So she goes to stay at the house. A man arrives that night and he thinks he's a worker or something so she doesn't treat him very nice and even complains about the house and then she later realizes the man is the owner of the house. He was there because he was getting away from work and he didn't tell anyone he was going to that house

So then they were always fighting. But they started liking each other. Until they had a big fight and she leaves the house in a middle of a storm and her car breaks down. And she's freaking out because not even her cell phone is working. When all of a sudden the man comes help her in the rain and she feels like awkward because he's being nice to her even though they fought and I think they even sleep together that night.

She eventually leaves and goes home. And she feels weird at home, like it never happened but she can't forget about him. But then he goes to her house to see her and they confess that they really like each other.

Or something like this.

Anyone have any idea what book it was?

Guest SiZaMiN

Okay, so it was a romance novel.

What I remember was that this woman was told in her job that she had to take care of this house the place she worked at was going to fix up soon or something.

So she goes to stay at the house. A man arrives that night and he thinks he's a worker or something so she doesn't treat him very nice and even complains about the house and then she later realizes the man is the owner of the house. He was there because he was getting away from work and he didn't tell anyone he was going to that house

So then they were always fighting. But they started liking each other. Until they had a big fight and she leaves the house in a middle of a storm and her car breaks down. And she's freaking out because not even her cell phone is working. When all of a sudden the man comes help her in the rain and she feels like awkward because he's being nice to her even though they fought and I think they even sleep together that night.

She eventually leaves and goes home. And she feels weird at home, like it never happened but she can't forget about him. But then he goes to her house to see her and they confess that they really like each other.

Or something like this.

Anyone have any idea what book it was?

Sorry can't help you.....

but after reading the excerpt you wrote made me also want to know the title of the book

so i can buy it.....lol

^

lol~

It's killing me not knowing the title! I'm almost thinking I dreamed it~ but I remember I got it randomly by browsing in my public library's online catalog, but the catalog is HUGE so I can't find it again...

I wish they would keep a record of what you've checked out even after you return it... :/

Anyways, if I ever find out I will tell you...

I can't help either of you (sorry!) but I have a book I don't remember as well!

It was a paperback book about a boy who meets this girl. In his town there is this tree in this abandoned warehouse or something and the girl eats a fruit from this tree and a couple of days later he finds her in her room and she's in a cocoon! She's turning into a butterfly and after a while she comes out of it and she has wings. she quickly picks up flying and making a seat out of an old swing she carries the boy around so he can see how great it is. But then they somehow find out that some parents have taken their children in cocoons to the old warehouse and they want to burn the tree or something cause they think it's bad. And then it turns out that the parents had eaten the fruit when they were young too but they lost their wings after a while. But I think the boy and his father (the main instigator against the tree) have a moment and they made up, whatever. But the tree gets burned down by mistake anyways. And the boy is sad he wasn't able to be a butterfly

Then their is an epilogue where the boy opens the backpack he had with him the day the girl ate the fruit and inside he finds the seed from that fruit the girl ate that day.

Yeah, weird.

I found it!!!

It's called The Things With Wings

I found it by searching for the book cover on google images since I remembered it was a girl with wings on the cover~ YAY!

Guest SiZaMiN

I found it!!!

It's called The Things With Wings

I found it by searching for the book cover on google images since I remembered it was a girl with wings on the cover~ YAY!

OMG.....great.....great....thank you so much cutie028.....

i'm gonna go to my fav bookstore and ask the owner to find it for me...lol...

thanks again girl....

i love this thread.....lol...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest purty.sunshine

Hi! I was hoping someone would be able to recognize this book...

I'm kinda vague on the details but here goes!

It's about this girl who I think befriends an old lady and she turns out to be a witch that reverses bodies with the girl. So then the girl ends up trapped in an old woman's body and has to live in a nursing home where she meets another girl who is trapped in the body of the witch's sister and they work together to escape and get their bodies back.

That's pretty much all I can remember...any ideas??

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sweet_love777

i've been looking for this book for more than a year now!

i just keep forgetting how badly i want it, so i haven't been searching really thoroughly =.=

it's a teenage romance novel, with this girl who falls in love with a "bad boy" kind of guy. his name was wolf? the location of the whole story is near forests and lots of trees. and they had this one scene where she's leaning against a tree and he has his hands against the trunk. but he goes on a road trip and leaves her, and she finds out he was in a car crash and died. i remember her friend talking to her and saying that this proves that her heart can love, and she should move on. i thinkkk the book's cover was light blue, but i'm not sure.

i can't remember anything else /:

Guest Armathendae

a book series that existed and was popular when i was in middle school.

it's next to the harry potter series at the borders i go to but i haven't gone in a while.

3 orphaned kids ? and a count/duke as their 'guardian' but he wants their money or something..

one of the kids name was like violet ? viola ? something like that.

could that be the A series of unfortunate events from Lemony Snicket?

• 3 months later...

I really hope that someone will know this book but since I never got the chance to read it..my explaination will not be as good. I read the summary on AMAzon and foegot to write down the title.

It's about this girl who's dead and she is basically ignored by everyone because they cannot see her unilateral one day she notices a boy looking at her. They end up falling in love And she discovers that he is actually dead. He took over the boys body so together they work to find a suitable body for her to take over as well.

I really hope one of you know the title. Really really want to read it. :(

I really hope that someone will know this book but since I never got the chance to read it..my explaination will not be as good. I read the summary on AMAzon and foegot to write down the title.

It's about this girl who's dead and she is basically ignored by everyone because they cannot see her unilateral one day she notices a boy looking at her. They end up falling in love And she discovers that he is actually dead. He took over the boys body so together they work to find a suitable body for her to take over as well.

I really hope one of you know the title. Really really want to read it. :(

Hi!

I'm not 100% sure if this is the one you're talking about but I think you might be referring to - A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb.

I hope it's the right one. I have it in my to read list. I still have to find time to read it.

Hi!

I'm not 100% sure if this is the one you're talking about but I think you might be referring to - A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb.

I hope it's the right one. I have it in my to read list. I still have to find time to read it.

OMG~~ Thank you so much! It's the right one. I have to go buy this book now. I wanted to read it so badly!

Archived