Yoon Jung Hee 윤정희

Ayame

Guest rainlin

Finally JungHee is back in Korea after two month language course in Japan.

On the 22nd Sept, She attended Bean Pole 20th Anniversary celebration in Korea.

YoonJungHee_BeanPole20th-1.jpg

credit : Naver.com

Thanks for the update.I've been looking for YJH's site for a long time.Glad to see it here.Thanks Ayame-Chan.

I'm an avid fan of YJH way back Love in Heaven.I really admire her there.She became my number 1 korean actress.There is in her that one became mesmerized,the more you look at her the more she becomes beautiful.

I used to watch many Kdramas but she became really my favorite.

I loved her with Lee Tae Gon,they have great chemistry.But my choice was changed when she was paired with Park Si Hoo,they have better chemistry and they really look good together.They became my favorite pair.Family Honor really showed the compatible chemistry of YJH with PSH.

Hope more YJH fans will discover this site.She had many fans already even though she just maintained a low profile image.More updates on her.Nice to meet YJH fans through this site.By the way,YJH won best actress for Blissful Woman in KBS Drama Awards 2007 in addition to her awards list.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yoyo163

Thanks zealioner for the translation:

I really like this interview of Yoon Jung Hee. She's very classy and down to earth.

9a4e92d68ac8bd0b06088bc5.jpg

MAY 2009 publication of Korean magazine ShinDonga features Yoon Jung-hee.

This is the English translation of the interview.

Credits to Yoon Jung Hee's Fan Club THE TOP[ http://cafe.daum.net/thetophee] for sharing the magazine interview.

Credits to Baidu Fan Club Lovehee ellenst [http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=575222485] for the Chinese translation.

"Because the filming was during winter and I do not take well to the cold weather so I suffered tremendously, I really felt I was freezing to the death. Do you know what are heat pads? Each time I filmed, I needed six of them, on top of thermal wear."

"My graduating college Suwon's Women College does not have an intensive program for their Performance and Modeling Falculty. I entered because of my curiosity to learn about the performing arts. Most of my peers had the same dream - to be an entertainer. I participated in the Miss Korea pageant because of this dream too, however it was purely for fun."

Yoon Jung-hee thinks that it's pure luck that landed her a role in the TV drama 'Love Heaven'. However, it wasn't a bed of roses. The period that the drama was aired, the negative comments started pouring in too. She was criticized for her poor acting and diction. It was a tiring period and she felt the immense anxiety throughout the production period. To correct her diction, she learned traditional music, to the extent of holding a pingpong ball in her mouth to correct her diction.

Yoon Jung-hee's Interview (1)

Journalist: Do you still use a ping pong ball to correct your diction?

YJH: Sometimes. Some people agree that it works, some don't, but it worked for me.

Journalist: No one criticized you for your diction in this drama, are there?

YJH: Now that you mentioned it.....yes, it seems so. I didn't thought of that.

Journalist: You had many problems because of your diction?

YJH: Yes. Trying too hard to keep the problem away actually highlighted it. Previously, I always tried hard in hiding this flaw but now that my acting is beginning to mature, I'm emphasizing on my emotions such that I ignored the flaw in my diction. In this way, viewers are focusing on my emotional portrayal instead of picking on my diction.

Journalist: Recently, you have been getting much praise on your acting?

YJH: Ultimately I'm a girl, so I'm thrilled to hear such praises. But more than pleased with hearing that 'I've become more beautiful', I rather hear praises for my acting. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm better at acting. Mr/Ms Reporter, what do you think?

Journalist: In comparison to 'Love Heaven' and 'Blissful Woman', I can say it's a vast improvement.

YJH: Thank you very much, I'm very happy.

Journalist: Do you feel your popularity rising?

YJH: I'm not too sure about that. My fees are still on the lower range, however I feel I've met some good people who are helping me. I wouldn't say that the drama was successful because of me, I just happened to be the lead character for this drama.

[Journalist Notes: Jung-hee is humorous and has an adorable side to her. She kept laughing when she mentioned she is still one of the lower-priced actor. When she laughs, her pearly-white teeth seems to sparkle too. It may be because of this that her little face seems radiant too.]

Journalist: People are saying your charisma best represents the country.

YJH: Is it true? Then where is my next project?

[Journalist Notes: She laughs again. This time it's the throaty laughter that we have yet to see her do in her dramas. She has always been characterized as the gentle, introverted, elegant and sad character. However, she's also looking good, laughing in this manner.]

Journalist: Viewers have been feeling pain for your drama characters. What do you feel about such comments?

YJH: It's true that there are several such comments. I understand that my drama characters are usually so full of pity that it attracts such comments. In truth, I'm not too welcoming of it, in fact I'm trying to shake off such an image.

Journalist: Are they any similarities between Ha Dan-ah and Yoon Jung-hee?

YJH: Actually, I'm not really like her but she's a character that I want to protect. I'm sometimes an introvert too, in that sense we are similar and I can understand Dan-ah's perspectives. Still there are times when I don't quite agree with her decisions.

Journalist: Have you experienced the same type of love that Dan-ah has?

YJH: It's different....I had a crush on someone for 5-6 years from my high school days. When I was filming, there were times I relived feelings from that period.

Journalist: What do you thinkof your partner Lee Kang-seok? What if such a man exists?

YJH: Are you refering to his coldness, unreasonable attitude? I don't like men who are unreasonable. My ideal guy....looks are not important but he has to be gentle and sensitive.

Yoon Jung-hee's Interview (2)

Journalist: Here is a list from the marriage agencies, would you like to take a look?

YJH: Oh, this is fun. This is a first at an interview.

[Journalist Notes: Jung-hee is excited and surprised, that her eyes are shining. She is curious about it and seems to forget that she's at an interview. She pours through the list, making a tick beside the choices.]

[Jung-hee is ticking away: ".....there's no specific criteria on religion. Academic qualifications...maybe that should be higher than mine? Graduate school? University graduate should be fine. Profession....never thought about that....there's too many choices...lawyers, doctors...no. no, I'll look at that later. He should be older than me, but if the age gap is too far..."]

Journalist: Can he be shorter than you?

YJH: That's not a problem if I don't wear heels. I would prefer to live in Seoul. Oh, there's even a choice for marital status? Definitely not a divorcee, and he must be healthy.)

Journalist: OK, now let's look at what you have not made a decision earlier on. Profession.

YJH: As long as he has passion for his work, it doesn't really matter. He must find it interesting.

Journalist: If he's also a celebrity?

YJH: Why not? It's better that we do not share the same personality. Oh, this is tough..an architect wouldn't be too bad, he can build a beautiful house. But can you love someone based on criteria, can you? Wouldn't it be boring? I'm usually quiet so I like him to be active. Doctors and lawyers seems to have boring characters?

Journalist: OK, let's look at the next page. 'Self introduction' and 'Ideal Style'.

YJH: After college, this is the first time I've to write something like this...my mind is blank. No, let's attempt the 'Ideal Style' first. There's a difference between what I look for and what I hope he excels in, right?

Journalist: Yes, so let's first tick what you look for [in a man].

[Jung-hee ticked 16 choices, which includes, tennis, swimming, bowling, skiing, TV, film, dance, travel...]

Yoon Jung-hee is a believer in fate.

She cares about what others think of her. She voices out courageously if she has an opinion.

She's not too concerned about other people flaws, she thinks it's necessary to express one's emotions at appropriate times.

She will cry if she's touched by a film.

She's not a picky eater.

She had dashed the red lights in the middle of the night.

She thinks being femminine is important.

She's fashionable, likes to co-ordinate her own wardrobe.

She think credit card usage sould be limited but she's not against using it.

She will work hard to save for her children's academic fees, she's more concerned about investing in their interests. She's a realistic person, thinks that a husband should be faithful to his family.

Yoon Jung-hee's Interview (3)

Journalist: Let's continue our conversation about men. If you have to pick a male character you like, from "Family Honor", who would he be?

YJH: Kang-seok.

Journalist: Didn't you just say you weren't interested in a man like him?

YJH: Although Kang-seok looks just like a playboy, he became a loving husband later.

Journalist: So what matters is, [wha kind of person he is] now. I remember a younger man is not your ideal man?

YJH: It's because he looks younger, that's why he cannot be my ideal man. I don't favor someone of the same age either.

Journalist: Were you in a relationship with someone younger?

YJH: Not younger, but of the same age. When we were dating, we were compatible. I had many troubles when I was in college but he has a childish perspective towards it, also, he was about to serve his military duty. Looking at him addicted to computer games made me unhappy. I've tried taking him to the library and telling him : "You've to study!" . At that time, I thought: 'we're too different." The guy I had a crush on, we are of the same age too. I prefer a man who I can depend on and makes me feel safe.

[Journalist Notes: Yoon Jung-hee raised her voice when she said, "You've to study!" It seems like she has gone back to the past.]

Journalist: Of your past relationships, is there a relationship that still fills you with regrets?

YJH: Not mentioning the crushes and casual datings, I had only one serious relationship. He's married now and we didn't break-up because of anything bad. He gave me a deal of warm memories, but it's only memories.

[Journalist Notes: Jung-hee is not in a relationship now.]

Journalist: Do you think you can live like Ha Dan-ah after your marriage - wearing a hambok, preparing breakfast at dawn, doing the daily chores etc?

YJH: Maybe a month or two because we are staying with our parents. But if I've to do that my entire life, wouldn't it be boring? I don't think I can do that.

Journalist: You're of marriageable age. Aren't you thinking of getting married?

YJH: Not yet. I've many things that I want to do before my marriage, I hope to accomplish them. I 'm thinking of taking a 3 month course in Japan. I like to live alone for a year - something I really want to do before my marriage. If I've accomplished this and I happen to meet someone, then it's time to get married.

[Looking at a personality test. "This is necessary, love alone cannot sustain a relationship. I enjoy quiet moments since I was a child. I like hiking and smelling the flowers along the way. If my boyfriend or future husband were to ask me: "Why are you going hiking?" whenever I'm going there, I will feel lousy about it.]

Journalist: What do you want to do with your boyfriend?

YJH: Skiing, tennis. I like playing golf too but I'm not good at it. I've practiced many times at the indoor golf centres. If he's a good golfer, I can learn from him. Also, it would be nice if he's interested in doing the household chores too. Ha..ha..

Journalist: You wrote about being interested in dance.

YJH: I'm making enquiries about dance lessons. I always make a to-do list at the end of my projects. I learned jazz but it's tough because I've long limbs so it's difficult to follow the rythmn. I'm interested in learning.......dance [the translator gave a vague term here that I can't understand so let's see if I can get hold of the original interview then maybe I'll put that in]

Journalist: Why learn dance?

YJH: There are moments where I felt extremely worn out by my drama characters. I immersed myself too deeply in to the character that I wasn't sure 'who am I' anymore. I questioned myself: "Am I really such a person?" So I need an activity to pull myself away from my characters.

Journalist: You mentioned reading?

YJH: I'm serious about reading and I'm not fussy about what I read. I visit the bookstores often, when fans recognise me, they gave me books as gifts too. When I was filming 'Family Honor', I was reading two books [book titles mentioned].

[Journalist Notes: It's 20 degrees today. Yoon Jung-hee appeared in a tight-fitting denim and grey T-shirt. I was attracted to the bracelet she wore. When we were taking shots, she radiated with an an elegance. It feels like, she's Ha Dan-ah.]

Journalist: Do you favor Dan-ah's fashion?

YJH: I love it. I like simple suits. I'm usually in denims and T-shirts.

Journalist: What type of hairstyle do you sport?

YJH: I like to wear my hair long although everone thinks I look better in short hair. Maybe they have gotten accustomed to the look I had in "Gosa' and 'Family Honor'. These days, I'm hoping they grow longer soon.

Journalist: Are you still studying Japanese?

YJH: I really love learning the language. I enjoy learning stuff but it's hard to continue because of my career. I have my regrets. As a newcomer, I can afford the time to attend language school in the day, but it became impossible as I became busier. During that time when I hear negative comments about my acting, I used to think. "I'm doing well with the Japanese language, why should I be taking these brickbats?" I thought maybe I'm not suited for acting, that's why I spent more time learning the language. Later,I received the opportunity to work on 'Love Heaven'. If it wasn't for it, I might be studying in Japan now.

Journalist: It was a hard time.

YJH: I'm determined about what I want to do, especially in learning. If you put in effort in learning, you will definitely reap the results. Acting depends on luck, but not learning. So I'm always confident about learning, I believe strongly in myself.

Journalist: What's your Japanese language proficiency?

YJH: I can ask questions when in doubt, I can hold conversations, I can use it in daily living.

Journalist: Have you been to Japan?

YJH: Yes. I went before my drama project started. I took the Shinkansen from Yokohama to Tokyo.

Journalist: Did your language study come in useful?

YJH: I can ask for road directions, I was happy. It's my first time travelling alone. I never travel alone even in Korea.

Journalist: Weren't you afraid?

YJH: No. Many people told me that travelling alone evokes memories. I thought about my mother then. When I came home, I hugged her and said. "I love you." She didn't know I went alone, I told her I was with friends.

Yoon Jung-hee's Interview (4)

Journalist: What do you think about variety programs? Does it suit you?

YJH: Honestly, it's tough. I can neither sing nor dance but these are what variety shows are made up of. When I was in 'Rose War' [a variety show], many pointed that I'm do not have the potential to be comedic. They judged me based on my performance in "Rose War' and later in 'Love Heaven'. Such comments were a source of tremendous pressure.

Journalist: But yet, you were determined to participate in such programs.

YJH: It's not by choice, it's for promotional purposes. I stopped attending after promotional events ended. I don't speak well so I'm not suited for such programs. I'm only an actress.

Journalist: Is your interest in dance fueled by the need to participate in variety shows?

YJH: Definitely not. On my previous break, my interest was making pottery bowls. There's a pottery near my home, I felt that touching warm mud is not such a bad feeling. But now, I need something to heighten my emotions, which is why I choose dance.

Journalist: You're surrounded by much gossips.

YJH: I was amazed initially, thinking,"Such things happen to me too?" Then I started hating it. I felt hurt and also sorry for the other party. I'm especially apologetic to Suk-hoon (Kim Suk-hoon) oppa.

Journalist: Which male celebrity would you like to be involved in a gossip with?

YJH: Huh? None. I'm not too interested in celebrities.

Journalist: Your car was on fire?

YJH: Ha..ha..you knew about it? I was sleeping like a log because I was worn out. My manager and stylist were frantic, shouting for me to get out. I fet something was not right, and jumped out barefooted. Do you know how scary it was? It could have been big trouble.

Journalist: Are there any type of roles that you want to take on?

YJH: As long as it's not similar to what I've been doing before. I really want to take on an anti-character. Like Kim sunbae (Kim Hee-ae) in 'My Man's Woman'. I would love to do that.

Journalist: Like as in 'Temptation of Wife'?

YJH: Yes, that too. Even though I did not follow through every episode, but I watched most of it. It's something I like to try.

[Journalist Notes: I saved this question for last because it's a sensitive subject. Owing to her drama character, Yoon Jung-hee is now a favorite among the older audiences, many of them are wishing for her to be their daughter-in-law. Her management company revealed that many people have been asking to see her of recent, and wealthy families are hoping that she will be their daughter-in-law. There were match-making arrangements but she turned them down. I think her on screen role has made an impression. As it's a sensitive issue, I carefully put the question across. Her reply was simple.]

YJH: Is that true? I'm not sure. I think they are kidding, still, I'm grateful that they like me.

[Journalist Notes: At the end of the interview, when we were taking pictures, I asked Yoon Jung-hee, "What's your greatest attraction?"]

YJH: It's because I'm not extremely beautiful, so I project a feel-good feeling.

Journalist: If you have to write a self-introduction on this list.....

YJH: 30 years old, 170cm, a vivid personality.

END OF INTERVIEW

================================================================================

====================

Here's another article translated. Thanks xJuneBugs

893e56168e70406e21a4e958.jpg

Yoon Jung Hee's charm of Purity

Actress Yoon Jung Hee has recently been under a lot of attention for her sudden change in image with the start being Andre Kim's fashion show.

In recent drama "Family's Honor", previously "A Blissful Woman" and "Dear Heaven" - she has been a danah character (which is a traditional name, meaning calm and beautiful, funny how it was her name in Family's Honor) and she has recieved a lot of love from T.V. viewers. But she has challenged herself to change her image.

Actress Yoon Jung Hee has recently been in a KangNam studio took her "changed image" photos and later released them. The main focus of these pictures were to change her "purity" image and were called "Taking Out the Yoon Jung Hee in Yoon Jung Hee".

Yoon Jung Hee "I didn't know I had these images within me I was afraid to change at first but after looking at these pictures, i gained some confidence."

Furthermore, on the 28th at Seoul "W" hotel, Yoon Jung Hee attended Andre Kim's Jewelry fasion show and she had a feminine image, which also received the attention of many people there.

---

eea79035d68ee83591ef3958.jpg

Thank you for the translation.

Well I have enjoy her performance in Family's Honor.

Looking forward to hearing more new abt her new project.

p.s .. think she more stylish in her neat crop short hair style.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks maneuneun

for the wonderful captures. I have been loving this woman so much since Family Honor. she is very lovely I must say. we discussed a bit of her in the Family Honor thread but I hope to be here more often to make this thread more active. HOpefully, we will have more people to join!!!

till then - let me recap the beautiful YOON JUNG HEE at SBS award 2009

YJHwinning.gif

SBSwalk.gif

2-1.jpg

11.jpg

17.jpg

43.jpg

Guest isabella_lp

This wedding dress pictures are so beautiful! (@_@)

By the way, I really love YJH but since I don't know Korean as well as she keeps a very low profile, I don't know what I can help out in here to join you guys? :(

well, we just have to discussed anything related to her whether is her, fashions, dramas...anything YJH - I would like to get this thread moving. I'm gonna start digging up pictures I like of her and post it here. You can also do artwork and post it here as well. it may be quite here because right now. There is no drama of YJH yet but hopefully, when she start to have a new project. We can start discuss that here as well

Guest youtube123

Glad to know that this thread will be activated.We,fans of YJH should keep this thread active.Thanx Jen and other fans for coming up with this idea to make this active.

Count me as one of the diehard YJH fans and PSH-YJH shipper.Love to be in this group.

Guest panda84

seems like she only does one project per year.. and FH is her 2008-2009 project, so I am looking forward to her new project... she is one of the few that I checking so regularly for their new projects

@Jennie: please post her pix up, we will keep discussing like in FH's thread... ^^...

Briefly translated fr google translator,

Yoon Jung Hee gave a surprise transformation into a modern day Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis reincarnation as a model for Laura Mercier cosmetics .

She was chosun as the model for her beauty and elegance.

5ea12a41a0d3ecb3ec509ce709191d83.jpg

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...1114&ext=na

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201001191837181001

Guest youtube123

Briefly translated fr google translator,

Yoon Jung Hee gave a surprise transformation into a modern day Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis reincarnation as a model for Laura Mercier cosmetics .

She was chosun as the model for her beauty and elegance.

5ea12a41a0d3ecb3ec509ce709191d83.jpg

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...1114&ext=na

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201001191837181001

Thanx Zombie for the update.YJH is really beautiful and elegant ,fitted to be MODEL of the said cosmetics.Just love her look.

she is certainly my fair lady :wub:

sorry ladies, have been busy these days so I haven't got the chance to do any screen captures and searching for pictures. Will do soon since I have the weekend off..finally.....

thanks for the info - I'm glad YJH is having another CF :) now just anticipate for a drama!!

I MISS HER SO MUCH ONSCREEN!!!

Guest maneuneun

Hi to all here. Nice to see this thread moving again :D

Just a little sharing of 2009 SBS Awards BTS showing Jung Hee greeting to Ban Hyo Jung. It looks like that night is a reunion day for Jung Hee with her colleagues :lol: she not only gather again with her Family Honour cast, the actress who presented her the PD Awards is Moon Jung Hee who acted as her older sis in Blissful Woman and Kang Ji Sub sharing the same table with her, Lee Soo Kyung and Jung Gyu Woon sitting a few tables from her :D

Clip => Yoon Jung Hee 2009 SBS Awards BTS

Guest youtube123

Hi to all here. Nice to see this thread moving again :D

Just a little sharing of 2009 SBS Awards BTS showing Jung Hee greeting to Ban Hyo Jung. It looks like that night is a reunion day for Jung Hee with her colleagues :lol: she not only gather again with her Family Honour cast, the actress who presented her the PD Awards is Moon Jung Hee who acted as her older sis in Blissful Woman and Kang Ji Sub sharing the same table with her, Lee Soo Kyung and Jung Gyu Woon sitting a few tables from her :D

Clip => Yoon Jung Hee 2009 SBS Awards BTS

Thanx for the bts. Nice to see YJH talking to Ban Hyo Jung.It was really a reunion for her on her colleagues.They were really close to each other.I just remember their Dear Heaven days lol.Hope to see more bts.

I saw a couple of NGs for blissful woman and seem like YJH was having a great time. I hardly see any BTS of her in Family Honor!!! she was very serious doing FH.... :)

Guest youtube123

YJH seem closer to her Blissful Women colleagues than Family Honor.

My assumption from watching the celebration party bts.

Although there are many bts on Blissful Woman showing YJH closeness to the cast,I think YJH is fairly close to her colleagues in Dear Heaven and Family Honor as well. Even she was not visible on the celebration party of FH ,She is fairly close to the actors and staff coz there are some bts she was having a good time. One good example is that she cried when FH had their last shooting day which was seen on the video of the last episode.There are also bts and pics showing her closeness like talking and laughing to her FH co actors.She also maintained her closeness to her colleagues from Dear Heaven even up to this time like Kang Ji Sub. There was even a video in BAIDU showing her stepmother in Dear Heaven visited her on Blissful Woman shooting.She even sang and tickled her.FH crew and staff were not fond of showing bts or YJH and PSH just wanted to be discreet during the shooting lol.Moreover, YJH and PSH were caught talking with Maya during the sbs awards night.She also greeted happily her stepmother in FH when she won and YJH was one of the presentors.

Archived