Anime You Thought Was Good But Then Thought Was Bad

Guest knockblock

Guest AppleSodaPop

Puni Puni Poemi

I hate this Anime! I watched it because the title sounds cute and a comedy anime since I didn't see the poster and everything. It was very disgusting, a 10 year old girl was having sex and stuff. Their was this monster who had a really long wee wee it looked so wrong <_< worst mistake ever

lol yeah... that anime was crap xDD

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest knockblock

K-ON is boring me so far. Am I the only one on this?

It's more like like K-OFF. Maybe I just watched an episode or two but it is just blah.

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

This season? I must say i was kind of disappointed with K-on...and Basquash. Basquash looked promising..then the robots started doing basketball O_o. Sorry, not for me.

Guest garnet07

All time horrible horrible want my # of episodes X 25min = hours/years back for wasting it watching this anime called Inuyasha. The beginning was amazing, couldn't wait for plot development and the 2 to hook up .... then comes that 200+ episodes of nothingness and the end is HUH THAT'S IT... AHHHH I just wasted my time. Then again, I fast forwarded ep 130-200+ most of the time.

Other animes that belong to this category are ones that I have listed on my site in the "Currently Watching" for years. Those animes haven't been removed yet because they still go on and on or am just not in the mood to watch or finish them. I'm sort of weird since I still keep downloading Bleach or Naruto, yet I'm stuck on 100+ episodes back from the current one. Downloading becomes a habit that's hard to kill. Trying to filter animes out now, more likely to watch 1st episode and if I don't like it, it goes in the trash bin.

Guest pao101

^Yah used to watched inuyasha a lot back then but after season and seaosn of

nothingness i droppped, it story had no progression at all same with saiyuki <_<

Air Gear i really love this anime back then cause it was so badass and cool

but after reading the manga i dropped it half way ,'sigh' it could have been awsome

Guest sakurahearts

For me, I think it's Naruto Shippuuden. I dunno, it's not appealing to me anymore, not like the old Naruto.

Although, I'm curious what's going to happen. My friend who read the latest manga said it sucks nowadays though.

^ I agree with Air Gear. I love the anime. But the latest manga is... hmm I don't know. I kinda got lost. lol But I think I'll continue reading it, anyway. haha

Guest ertylu

ya, basquash really went downhill quick. I lost interest in it pretty fast.

I think thats because im really into basketball and the way basketball is protrayed in the series dosent fly with me

im also a huge shoe guy, so i was really excited when i heard nike was designing shoes for the show, but the designs didnt

wow me at all.

But then again, the fan service is pretty alright ;) haha

death note. after L died that manga basically ended for me.

naruto & bleach. too long. it got better but i basically skipped 100+ chapters. and the manga still makes sense which means the story hardly developed..

inuyasha & ranma. too long. dragged on forever.

DNAngel. it just kind of died on me b/c i had no idea where the story was exactly going.

Vampire Knight, I guess it didn't suck as much as it COULD have but it really did suck compared to the manga. The manga is one of the hottest things I've ever read, and the anime just does not do it justice IMO. Otherwise it doesn't do so badly.

Inuyasha, great goodness I got bored...

Tsubasa Chronicle (NOT the Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations/Shunraiki OVAs, those were excellent)- it started out like the manga, and Season 1 was ok- but Season 2 just went off on its own little trip and deviated from the manga, and had a pretty stupid storyline too. CLAMP got so sick of the bad TV anime of their manga, they actually refused to license it for a third season because it was so badly botched.

Guest dudnaito

Have there been animes you watched where you thought that they were good at first but then on second thought thought oppositely? What anime turned out worse than what you were expecting? Anime that seemed good but instead became bad. Explain what you thought was good and then what was bad about it.

Here are the animes I thought was good but then thought was bad.

Samurai Deeper Kyo - I thought this was going to be a samurai series I would like. Imagined that it was going to have cool fights and stuff. When I did see it, it did not turn out like that. For a certain time I thought I was in for a good one. Boy was I wrong. Story wasn't memorable when I tried to think of it. Most of the action scenes were boring. None of the characters interested me. Art wasn't exciting to me. For what I thought was a good samurai series, this anime was rather lousy. I quit after a few episodes. For I couldn't handle it much more. Samurai Deeper Kyo was a joke.

D.Gray-Man - The ideas for this show sounded unique. But once I saw this anime I was not impressed. Anything this anime tried I just couldn't be impressed with. Also found D.Gray-Man a bit fomulatic for my liking. Then the thing I most don't like is the character designs. The character designs don't grab me. They annoy me. I can't take them seriously. I especially didn't like how the enemies for the protagonists look. Other things also got me bored with this anime which attribute to me not giving it another chance. Only watched a little bit of D.Gray-Man.

Claymore - What caught my attention about Claymore was what action it had to offer. I kept around for that. It was fair on that. But other things about this show was garbage. I didn't like Raki and his reason for why he wants to stick around with Clare does not go in depth. Plus there weren't many characters I liked. Then I also see how terrible this anime is in how it parted ways with its manga counterpart. Which, by the way, in comparison to the manga, make everything seem pointless. What needs to be explored in this series has more to be desired. Didn't find Claymore that good.

Other mentionable ones: Last Exile, Darker Than Black, and somewhat Soul Eater but I'll wait some more on it.

Those are mines. What are yours?

soul eater's crazy good. I thought it was terrible at first too, but after 7,8 episodes it consistently picks up. Great story, decent characters, most consistently badass animation, and action sequences. Soul Eater's really good.

BTW, D-Gray man. THought it'd be good, but even after 20 episodes, it's meh.

Guest ryisakooguy

naruto and bleach they both have the WEAKEST fillers ive ever watched. i tried watching them but they just become really stupid and got me asking the question "what was the point of all that?" altogether i just stopped watching them both entirely even though bleach is back on canon. ill start watching naruto again when he fights pain. now that was good.

soul eater...man i had high hopes for this anime. great art, great characters, koo story. it got koo until the last episodes which felt really rushed and the ending fight was like...a punch? are you effing kidding me?!?!?

pokemon was koo until i firgured out their daily episode course. start an adventure, meet a new person, team rocket appears, team rocket tries to kidnap, ash and company save the day, everyone is happy. rinse and repeat. the only time i thought pokemon was great were the gym battles. but that didnt last too long.

theres just soo much more but i dont feel like typing the rest.

btw, im sooooo glad no one said one piece. maybe the art isnt as top notch as everyone else especially from the beginning. but once you dive into the world of one piece and realize how good this series is then you wont go looking back. seriously guys, give it a try. i havent read anything like it and its author ODA is a genius!

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

Vampire Knight

The beginning was interesting. A lot of hot guys -- good stuff. But halfway into the first season, it wasn't so great. I don't know. Maybe I lost interest.

Full Metal Panic

Again, I thought the guy was cute -- Sousuke, was it? But then after the 2nd episode, I realized how full of poo the storyline and concept was.

Inuyasha

Yeah... about that -- it was a neverending story. Inuyasha loved Kagome and needs to drop Kikiyo. End of story. And he need to spank his older brother and Naraku. I don't know why they have to run around in the forest for, like, 200+ episodes. Which brings me to my next anime...

NARUTO

Okay, I must admit, I wouldn't hesitate to watch the first few "sets" again. It was fricken good. But then... it just kind of dragged. Is it still on? -- If so... what the heck is going on in the villages?

Fushigi Yugi

The first one installment was literally S P L E N D I D! Maybe one of the best romantic, two-different-worlds kind of stories. Then the 2nd installment was ... well, I think I mentally repressed how bad it was, so I can't really describe it. But it sucked. So don't watch it or it will ruin your whole mindset of the Mysterious Play.

Cardcaptors

Again, I thought Lee was cute. Wow, I'm quite superficial, aren't I? I must've been some naive fool to WANT to find cards the way Sakura did. The story line wasn't good at all. It was really generic. And everyone seemed to stay the same age ... well, except Lee =)

***AND THE WORST!!!***

Dragon Ball SERIES

Another one of those never ending journeys. Every season, it was like "I never met a Super Saiyan as strong as him... able to reach the highest level-- LEVEL 4 SUPER SAIYAN" --- then 2 episodes later, Goku, Vegeta and the others reach LEVEL 6 Super Saiyan. (I could be totally exaggerating this, but I could've sworn that's how the plot usually went) There was just NO boundaries in the power the people had in the DBZ world.

---

Animes that are less than 30 episodes (with the exception of Full Metal Alchemist) is a good, conclusive story. Mangas are the best overall though.

Guest ovaltinejenkins

VAMPIRE KNIGHT FOR ME;; i only read the manga though (no time for downloading + watching animes)

don't get me wrong, the characters are friggin HOT. but the whole incest thing was weird O__O; i stopped around there.

-edit-

whew! i thought i was the only one :D

VAMPIRE KNIGHT FOR ME;; i only read the manga though (no time for downloading + watching animes)

don't get me wrong, the characters are friggin HOT. but the whole incest thing was weird O__O; i stopped around there.

-edit-

whew! i thought i was the only one :D

Well the stupid manga warned me

as for Inuyasha HUZZAH!

I loved the first season but omg it got so retarded and I ended up hating it.

Guest IlikeChicken

Seriously, Naruto and Bleach would've been awesome if they werent 1 million episodes long filled with crap.

Guest jaejoongie <3

mahou sensei negima. I finished it but I still thought it wasn't very fun and weirdo. It had its moments but overall too much fan service. I don't know about the remake of the anime... i tried watching it but I couldn't go on. lol.

Hayate Gotoku, I thought it was really fun in the beginning... but man the fillers just killed it for me. The episodes started getting pointless. If it was funny at least I would have kept watching it, but the humor was dry. I couldn't keep watching and stopped. Is the second season any good? lol.

Alien nine. Has anyone ever watched it? It's bad don't watch it. There are no character developments or growths. The main character just stays the same wimpy annoying crybaby through out the whoooole series. Although it's very realistic, it gets on my nerves. I remember hating the girl so much xD

On the other hand...

there was an anime where this girl turns into a guys right hand. I thought it was going to be BAD but it turned out to be really fun and I liked it ^^.

I thought one piece would be bad but I liked it. But you can always tell there will be a happy ending no matter what.

Archived