Anime You Thought Was Good But Then Thought Was Bad

Guest knockblock

Guest knockblock

Have there been animes you watched where you thought that they were good at first but then on second thought thought oppositely? What anime turned out worse than what you were expecting? Anime that seemed good but instead became bad. Explain what you thought was good and then what was bad about it.

Here are the animes I thought was good but then thought was bad.

Samurai Deeper Kyo - I thought this was going to be a samurai series I would like. Imagined that it was going to have cool fights and stuff. When I did see it, it did not turn out like that. For a certain time I thought I was in for a good one. Boy was I wrong. Story wasn't memorable when I tried to think of it. Most of the action scenes were boring. None of the characters interested me. Art wasn't exciting to me. For what I thought was a good samurai series, this anime was rather lousy. I quit after a few episodes. For I couldn't handle it much more. Samurai Deeper Kyo was a joke.

D.Gray-Man - The ideas for this show sounded unique. But once I saw this anime I was not impressed. Anything this anime tried I just couldn't be impressed with. Also found D.Gray-Man a bit fomulatic for my liking. Then the thing I most don't like is the character designs. The character designs don't grab me. They annoy me. I can't take them seriously. I especially didn't like how the enemies for the protagonists look. Other things also got me bored with this anime which attribute to me not giving it another chance. Only watched a little bit of D.Gray-Man.

Claymore - What caught my attention about Claymore was what action it had to offer. I kept around for that. It was fair on that. But other things about this show was garbage. I didn't like Raki and his reason for why he wants to stick around with Clare does not go in depth. Plus there weren't many characters I liked. Then I also see how terrible this anime is in how it parted ways with its manga counterpart. Which, by the way, in comparison to the manga, make everything seem pointless. What needs to be explored in this series has more to be desired. Didn't find Claymore that good.

Other mentionable ones: Last Exile, Darker Than Black, and somewhat Soul Eater but I'll wait some more on it.

Those are mines. What are yours?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sanada Yukimura

Blood+

At first it looked cool, and I heard the story was great, but upon watching the first episode, my emo senses tingled. Then I was at episode 50, and everyone was still crying like babies.

Horrible.

Guest Take Five

elfen lied-i really liked it at first but when i thought about it later, i realized the plot and characters were all kinda dumb. i just got caught up in the emotional parts and whatnot.

Bokura Ga Ita

High-school romance with pretty animation, what can go wrong, right?! WROOONG! OMG! They were all so whiny and stupid. All the characters wanted what they couldn't get and didn't want what they had and the main girl was so indecisive. The main guy was stupid and idiotic and I have no idea why the main girl wanted him! I stopped half way through. Couldn't take it anymore. And one day I read the ending on Wikipedia and OMG! The ending is retarded as well!

High School Girls

Saw one episode. Totally eichi and stupid. I thought it was going to be some happy school days anime like Azumanga Daioh, only less funny. But nope, it was totally perverted and pointless! Like seriously! How many times can one girl possibly land face first on another girl's crotch?! Don't waste your time on this anime!

High School Kimengumi

Another attempt at finding a high school anime gone wrong. I saw one episode. Pure slap stick humor! It was so bad! It didn't even grin once. One episode and you can already tell how bad the rest of the series is going to get.

Guest KAITOU KID.

Claymore - What caught my attention about Claymore was what action it had to offer. I kept around for that. It was fair on that. But other things about this show was garbage. I didn't like Raki and his reason for why he wants to stick around with Clare does not go in depth. Plus there weren't many characters I liked. Then I also see how terrible this anime is in how it parted ways with its manga counterpart. Which, by the way, in comparison to the manga, make everything seem pointless. What needs to be explored in this series has more to be desired. Didn't find Claymore that good.

Truth. It was pretty epic, til it fish-tailed around...ep20 was it?

Manga <3

Blood+

At first it looked cool, and I heard the story was great, but upon watching the first episode, my emo senses tingled. Then I was at episode 50, and everyone was still crying like babies.

Horrible.

I only got like 3 eps in.

I trusted my emo senses, when they started tingling.

Looks liek I made the right decision!

Guest CuteThings

lol at claymore, the company completely destroyed the anime. The title has so much potential, I still don't get wh they had to hire crappy scenarist to butcher the anime.icon8.gificon8.gificon8.gificon8.gificon8.gif

Guest hungrycollegeboy

Lol, I kinda agree with Claymore and the whole crying Raki crap. That was just plain annoying, but on the other hand, I thought it was pretty intense and epic. Heard the manga was better.

DGray Man, dude. I beg you to give this one another chance, because you might be missing out on something you might like. Sure the first several episodes are boring and stuff because they do a lot of explaining and useless crap, but after that, it gets really really good.

Another one I thought was bleh, was Monster. Don't get me wrong, the concept and everything was cool and the hype was there. But when I actually watched it, I found myself forcing myself to see the next episodes. Everyone thought it was good, I didn't think so.

I also agree with you guys on Blood+. What can go wrong when you combine a cute anime girl and a vampire story? Apparently this one did because of all those emo scenes.

I also thought 12 Kingdoms was bleh. The girl was so emo in the beginning and then all of a sudden she just changed and became savage. And it was soooooooooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooooooow.

Guest clarex

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - I thought it would be good. Good animation/art, action, mecha, a bit of romance on the side...but I lost interest after 15 episodes or so. Weird, 'cus usually I don't get that far in...

Death Note - ...I know it's really popular, but it's not for me. >_<

D. Gray Man - Again, lost interest after I got pretty far in. Things were a mess, and I decided to just drop it.

Guest Autumn1430263885

D. Gray Man- well i used to really like it, but then i just lost interest and things got messy/boring.

Full Moon- Used to be a favourite of mine a few years back. Now i absolutely hate it. Plot was lame ending was lame. meh

Mermaid Melody- lol,,,well i did like this in grade 6? now it's just ...lame to me lols.

It was way too repetive ^^;

Inuyasha - Too repetitive. It was good when it was introducing the main characters at the beginning of the series. But after that it seem like it show the same thing all the time. Inuyasha and co. are either looking for the shards or helping villages that are being tormented by demons. Oh yeah and they'll bump into Naraku every now and then as well.

Pokemon - I remember I use to love this show when it first aired here in the states. But after so many seasons, it just got too damn repetitive. Every season is the same thing. Ash is always attempting to win badges to make it to the tournament of the respective league he's participating in. Then he ends up losing at the end which results in him participating in another league. Each episode is quite redundant and predictable as well. Not hard to figure out what's gonna happen in the latest episode of Pokemon cuz we all I know it's gonna be about Ash and co. making new friends then towards the end Team Rocket enters and tries to steal Pikachu but fails and they blast off. so exciting...not.

I agree about Monster as well. I forced myself to finish that series.

D. Gray Man- well i used to really like it, but then i just lost interest and things got messy/boring.

Full Moon- Used to be a favourite of mine a few years back. Now i absolutely hate it. Plot was lame ending was lame. meh

Mermaid Melody- lol,,,well i did like this in grade 6? now it's just ...lame to me lols.

It was way too repetive ^^;

I saw the last episode of Full Moon and I thought it was dumb. The manga is MUCH better! :D

I saw one episode of Mermaid Melody and I ran! I could tell where it was going....

Guest fiveplusohplusone

mahou sensei negima.

i was extremely disappointed with the anime >_< it totally butchered the manga...i hated the flow of the graphics and their voices >_> and especially its annoying background music. i just thought it didn't match :T the manga is way better

Guest masala_chai_tea

Darker than Black. I tried SO hard to really like this series, but I couldn't even get through more than a few episodes.

Samurai Deeper Kyo. Ugggggggh. They veered so far from the manga. Poorly done!

I've tried to watch a number of sci-fi ones, but have trouble getting into them.

Banner of the Stars (i think thats the name)

Boo you. Seikai no Senki (i/ii/iii) It was slow, but it wasn't THAT bad... try Infinite Ryvius.

Liked the uh.. Dakishimete song or whatever, burned the entire series and never watched it.

Darker than Black. I tried SO hard to really like this series, but I couldn't even get through more than a few episodes.

Samurai Deeper Kyo. Ugggggggh. They veered so far from the manga. Poorly done!

Darker than Black got realllly good and SDK is only good as manga.

Now...

Tenshi ni Narumon. W.T.F. man. What a complete waste of time and I watched all 26 episodes... utterly terrible and I wish I had that time of my life back to do something productive with.

Ergo Proxy. Amazing start, looked very interesting, high quality animation.... then after ep 4 everything hits the fan. Animation production goes down, art looks terrible... story is completely fubar'd.

Witch Hunter Robin. (See above with Ergo Proxy--I think its the same char design and studio anyway)

Blood+. Seemed interesting but progressed way too slow, just lost interest.

Utawarerumono. Had some interesting char designs but was also slow and the storyline was kinda bogus.

Druaga. First episode was AWESOME. Songs by Muramasa were AWESOME. eps 2-7 splattered with completely lame humour .. I hear ep 8 picks it up again but I haven't seen that far.

Guest Melyxcious

INUYASHA; It's... I have no fricken idea but the show just annoys me so much. It's the same thing over and over and over again and again. I'm like, ugh wtf? Can't they just get rid of Kikyou and Naraku or something? Lameeee. Not only that but the constant reminders of what happened in the past keeps irritating me so I stopped watching it >_>.

FULL MOON; I loved it at first but... yeahh....

I can go on :|

Guest FirstTheWorst

Ergo Proxy..

...looked really good. I was interested but lost it quickly when things got all jumbled.

Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn..

...I lost it in the first 5 minutes of the series. Good gracious...Reborn is just creepy as hell...

Inuyasha..

...was good at the beginning. But how long does it take to find one damn guy. Gosh.

Darker than Black..

...it looked interesting so I tried it...it turns out that it was incredibly boring.

Elfen Lied..

...I was really interested until people got naked. Hahha my stomach gets weak to that stuff...

Soul Eater..

...it's like Naruto with a comedic twist...it's interesting at first, but I'm getting kinda bored with it..it's not that bad though..

Nabari no Ou..

...I liked it up until it got cheesy...like...on the first ep. Hahahha.

I usually stop at the first ep if I have a feeling it's going to suck (in my opinion).

Archived