Jeon Do-Yeon 전도연 [Drama “Crash Course in Romance” | Movie “Kill Boksoon” (NETFLIX)]

Helena

oops sorry ..press too fast and it went into a new post

=----------------------------

here another article ..abt her baby plans ^^

2007041000003611111111111111111111111111111.jpg

i did a brieft translation from

http://chn.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2...0410000036.html

Jeon do yeon's first public appearance in a press conference since her marriage and hence satisfact people curisoity about her sudden marriage

On 10th of April , Jeon Do yeon appeared with a new image with a short haircut . She was there to attend the press conference of the movie for Secret Sunshine .. and later hold another press conference

she said to the reporters :

In the past , i used to think no matter if it is love or work .only one of them is my entire life but as i grow older ..i realised that love and work are all part of my life . Marriage is a continuation of a part of my life ..so i got married . I had thought marriage will be very special but what surprised me is .nothing changes .and there is nothing special .it is very normal .

This morning when i leave the house i said * i am going out * that how simple . ON the question of how to express her love .. she said ..anytime she will . and her face glowed with the expression of bliss .

she also said .. i am not much younger now .hope to have a baby soon . but stil work shall continue on as always ...

=

btw .lol she say her first meal for her husband she make is salad.

Guest misspipi

She is so cute with the short hair cut! Thank you for the photos.

=----------------------------

here another article ..abt her baby plans ^^

2007041000003611111111111111111111111111111.jpg

i did a brieft translation from

http://chn.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2...0410000036.html

Jeon do yeon's first public appearance in a press conference since her marriage and hence satisfact people curisoity about her sudden marriage

On 10th of April , Jeon Do yeon appeared with a new image with a short haircut . She was there to attend the press conference of the movie for Secret Sunshine .. and later hold another press conference

she said to the reporters :

In the past , i used to think no matter if it is love or work .only one of them is my entire life but as i grow older ..i realised that love and work are all part of my life . Marriage is a continuation of a part of my life ..so i got married . I had thought marriage will be very special but what surprised me is .nothing changes .and there is nothing special .it is very normal .

This morning when i leave the house i said * i am leaving * that how simple . ON the question of how to express her love .. she said ..anytime she will . and her face glowed with the expression of bliss .

she also said .. i am not much younger now .hope to have a baby soon . but stil work shall continue on as always ...

=

btw .lol she say her first meal for her husband she make is salad.

Guest puppyiz

Thanks puppyiz for the lovely pics... wow... JDY looks even younger as the newly-married Mrs. Kang. :blush: The short white dress and the new haircut look absolutely fabulous on her. It's good to see her after the honeymoon... still the glowing, radiant bride. :lol:

here a clip * finally this movie going to be release ! !

http://mplay.donga.com/videofile/2007/cult...lyang070410.wmv

she so radiant ~ ^^ .the director say it been a while since he last directed a movie and he feels it very difficult both physically and spiritually

they ask her about having a baby ..and she say well ..she getting older and should have a plan .

Most welcomed RUBIE-sis. I am happy enough to be able to share a little & join in with everyone.

SHIRLEY-sis ! So delighted that you are also here with your bag of goodies !!

It is wise of JDY to finally settle down since her biological clock is ticking. :P

I do wonder is Secret Sunshine due for release on May 15th 2007, or have I read it somewhere wrongly :unsure: ??

Here you go everyone, I've re-uploaded more pictures from the recent Press Conference.

(Gee...I didnt realise that Mrs.Kang's dress was this short :P !)

20070410132010820011bz8.jpg

20070410130811520011gj9.jpg

20070410130448520011kt6.jpg

picture credits: osen & newsis

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yoonah

Hello hello! It's been a while since I've last soompi-ed... Tis is the first time I saw her with her new 'do, and she looks fabulous! :) Her cheeks look fuller, rosier. Seems like married life's treating her well. :)

Guest yoonah

Re Jeon Do Yeon in Secret Sunshine (2007)

"...Jeon, meanwhile, is a revelation — to me, at least, since I haven’t seen any of her previous films (although she is said to have been excellent playing an AIDS-stricken waitress in Park Jin-pyo’s 2005 drama You Are My Sunshine). On screen in nearly every scene, she is fearless in her navigation of the movie’s turbulent emotional currents and gives the kind of un-stylized performance that hardly seems like “acting,” slowly revealing to us the extraordinary inner strength and grace of this seemingly fragile, uncertain woman, until it is as if we are beholding a saintly figure cast out of the heavens." (LAWeekly Blogs)

May 2, 2007

'Secret Sunshine' Asks Existential Questions

“Secret Sunshine,” which opens May 24, asks the fundamental question, "Is life understandable?" The movie is already attracting plenty of hype, not just because it is director Lee Chang-dong’s first movie in four years but because it will be screened in competition at the Cannes International Film Festival. Ostensibly a melodrama, it repeatedly asks questions about the nature of human beings. Can human beings understand the truth, other human beings and God? Why is it so hard to find an ultimate answer despite all our efforts? The answers depend on the audience, though Lee's movie certainly does not seem to have a happy ending.

20070502001401nk2.jpg

A poster for "Secret Sunshine"

The film follows Jong-chan, played by Song Kang-ho, a confirmed bachelor who owns a car repair shop and falls in love with Shin-ae, played by Jeon Do-yeon. He starts to follow her around. The two could not be more different: Shin-ae moved to the town only because it is the hometown of her dead husband, for whom she still grieves. Jong-chan is an ingratiating snob.

The turning point is the abduction of Shin-ae's son. The little boy, who is everything his mother has left, is kidnapped by the principal of a tutoring institute he attends, and dies. Shin-ae becomes a devout Christian after the tragedy and decides to forgive the murderer. But she is utterly shocked when she visits a prison, where the murderer makes his confession with a smile, saying, "God has already forgiven me." The movie, in other words, focuses on a woman who has been betrayed by both life and religion.

20070502001402lj3.jpg

Jeon Do-yeon (left) and Song Kang-ho, the stars of the movie "Secret Sunshine,"

respond to questions from reporters at Seoul Theater

in Jongno, Seoul on Tuesday./Yonhap

Lee has coaxed great performances from actors including Han Suk-kyu in “Green Fish,” Seol Kyung-gu in “Peppermint Candy” and Moon So-ri in “Oasis.” With Song Kang-ho and Jeon Do-yeon, he once again has two unforgettable leads. Song Kang-ho gives a fine performance, complete with convincing dialect, and Jeon Do-yeon proves her reputation by projecting the whole range from innocence to sensuality and horror.

The supporting cast are excellent. Mostly unknowns, some of them theatre actors from the Ulsan and Daegu region, they were selected through auditions.

At the end of the movie, Shin-ae's brother comes to visit and asks about the town. Jong-chan answered in his rough dialect, "Not much different from other places. Milyang is the same as other cities where people live." The movie induces a kind vertigo with a sense of how difficult life is to understand.

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0705020014.html

May 8, 2007

Jeon Do-yeon Warmed by the Glare of Publicity

Monday afternoon in Samcheongdong, Seoul is already showing signs of summer, and tiny droplets of sweat appear on Jeon Do-yeon’s forehead. The actress is very much in the spotlight, what with her new movie “Secret Sunshine” getting accolades and an invitation to the Cannes Film Festival and having just embarked on her married life.

In the film, Jeon plays a woman who turns to Christianity after she loses her husband and only son and then even feels betrayed by God. When complimented on her acting, Jeon smiles. "To tell the truth, I can’t hide the expressions on my face." Although it’s a few weeks yet until the movie’s release on May 24, compliments and encouragement are pouring in. But Jeon confesses she couldn’t understand the extreme emotions of the character when she first read the screenplay. The actress had a love-hate relationship with the director Lee Chang-dong while filming. "Even if the famous Lee Chang-dong directs a movie, an actor can’t just be a puppet and not understand what’s going on,” she says.

20070508001501bv5.jpg

"Secret Sunshine" may be interpreted differently according to the viewer. When asked about the impressions of her husband after watching the movie, Jeon quotes him as saying, "I’d have never watched it unless my wife was in it." "My husband is the kind of person who enjoys movies as entertainment,” she explains. But what really rewarded Jeon was the reaction of her mother, who is in her 70s. Jeon’s mother said she couldn’t breathe even the day after she watched the movie because she felt so sorry for the character.

20070508001502vl1.jpg

Jeon looks cheerful when the conversation turns to her new role as a wife. Despite what some may think, she is a morning person. She gets up around 7 or 7:30 a.m., prepares breakfast, mostly salad and bread, for her husband and herself, and cleans house when she doesn’t have work. "You can't imagine how hard I work. My shoulders ache. Before getting married, a day was very long, but now it’s too short."

Jeon can’t wait to walk down the red carpet in Cannes for the first time. "A lot of stars will be there for the 60th anniversary of the festival and will stay at the same hotel. Will I have to get their autographs? I should preserve my dignity as a Korean actress, right?"

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0705080015.html

Monday, May 7, 2007

[movie REVIEW]

'Secret Sunshine' sheds light on hope, redemption

m0020038ibq2.jpg

In his latest film, set to compete at Cannes, director Lee Chang-dong achieves a thought-provoking drama that asks if hope exists

Life, they say, is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think. "Milyang (Secret Sunshine)" amplifies the extreme tragedy of one vulnerable Korean woman's life; the movie also pushes viewers to think hard about life's cruel arbitrariness and an elusive, almost secretive, ray of hope.

The sheer dramatic power of "Secret Sunshine" comes from director Lee Chang-dong's ever-evolving storytelling techniques. The former culture and tourism minister is not unfamiliar with the dark side of life, as his much-celebrated films "Oasis" and "Peppermint Candy" richly testify. This time, Lee seems to have pushed his own limits with a plot and characterization that border on a mind-boggling turn of sad events that threaten to overwhelm and destroy the human spirit.

The fragile mind beset by a mercilessly harsh reality is represented by Shin-ae (Jeon Do-youn), a piano teacher who is already struggling to stand on her own feet emotionally after the death of her husband. To escape from her predicament, she moves to Milyang, North Gyeongsang Province, her late husband's hometown.

In Milyang (which translates as "secret sunshine"), Shin-ae has a brief chance to brighten up her depressing life when she meets Jong-chan (Song Kang-ho), a local car repair shop owner. Jong-chan falls in love with her and helps her settle down smoothly in Milyang.

But their romance does not get a chance to develop further when Shin-ae's son is kidnapped and she has no one to turn to. She tries everything she can to get her son back, but life is cruelly indifferent to her wishes again.

In utter despair, she seeks solace at a local church and finds her troubled soul beginning to heal when she devotes herself to Christianity.

At this seemingly religious moment, director Lee questions the purpose of religion. The answer seems perplexingly mixed. For a kidnapper now behind bars, religion is indeed a reason to keep living. For Shin-ae, God should know when to intervene. For when Shin-ae visits the kidnapper in prison, he calmly tells her that he sought and received forgiveness from God and is now perfectly at peace. Shin-ae is not, and her religious conviction turns into a sense of betrayal and hopelessness.

Falsely -- or rightly -- believing that God has betrayed her, Shin-ae seduces a pharmacist's husband, and expresses her disillusionment publicly when a pastor delivers a sermon to locals. It is Jong-chan who continues to stay around her, secretly caring about her constantly, subtly suggesting that after all a tiny bit of sunshine is available for a deeply wretched soul.

Despite the gloomy plot and religious skepticism, the movie has won wildly positive reviews from most Korean newspapers and film critics.

The fact that "Secret Sunshine" has been invited to compete at the forthcoming Cannes Film Festival is also fueling a torrent of coverage after a press preview on May 1.

"Secret Sunshine," to be released nationwide on May 24, is winning critics over largely because of Jeon Do-youn's emotionally supercharged and impressive performance. Song Kang-ho's natural performance, which compensates for the main protagonist's tragic aspect, is also getting high marks.

Asked about the scene where Shin-ae despairs over God, director Lee said the movie is not to portray religion negatively. "This story is not about God but about human beings," he said at a post-screening press conference, adding that "it is Shin-ae herself who interpreted God, resorted to God and then felt betrayed by God."

Whether she can get even a glimpse of hope in life is far from certain, given the inconclusive ending of the film. What's certain, however, is that life is a tragedy for her because she has been feeling it all by herself -- all the way to the abyss of despair.

By Yang Sung-jin

(insight@heraldm.com)

Source: The Korea Herald, CINE21

https://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/htm...00705080010.asp

May 16, 2007

Actress without ambition gets it all

'For the first time in my acting career, I told the director I couldn't do it.'

15220115lf2.jpg

Versatile actress Jeon Do-youn will attend the Cannes

International Film Festival with her latest film, “Secret Sunshine.” By Park Jong-geun

Jeon Do-youn is one of the most versatile actors in Korea. From a hillbilly teenager with rustic clothing in “The Harmonium in My Memory” to a housewife who lost her mind as the result of an extramarital affair in “Happy End,” Jeon has moved from one role to another and has become a jewel in the Korean movie scene.

Today, Jeon will be on the red carpet at the Cannes International Film Festival in France, promoting her role in “Secret Sunshine.”

In an interview before she left for the French resort city to attend one of the world’s most important film festivals, Jeon said she was not that confident about her role in “Secret Sunshine,” in which she plays Sin-ae, a woman who loses her husband in a traffic accident and her son to a kidnapper.

Her character lives in a country town with a name whose Chinese characters mean “Secret Sunshine,” Sin-ae almost finds relief by devoting herself to religion. Yet she loses her faith in God when she confronts the kidnapper of her son, who tells her that he has already been saved by God.

“After reading the script, I felt I could not do it,” Jeon said. “And the director said he appreciated my honesty.” But Jeon eventually decided to accept the role, thinking, “Why don’t I test myself and go beyond my limits?”

It was not easy. The hardest part was the scene where Sin-ae gets a call from the kidnapper. “For the first time in my acting career, I told the director that I couldn’t do it,” Jeon said. The director understood, waited for her to find her pace and got the scene on film.

Jeon doesn’t scream or act crazy. Instead, she swallows her grief. In a scene where Sin-ae leaves the prison after confronting the kidnapper, she simply collapses on the ground. This is director Lee Chang-dong’s way of conveying realism without sympathy. He draws the cruelty of life as it is. “I had this feeling that all the energy went out of me. I was physically awake yet mentally in a coma,” Jeon said, referring to her emotions after shooting the scene.

“Lee doesn’t give much direction, and I was sometimes angry and defiant,” Jeon continued. “Yet I now understand that the director wanted the actors to find answers for themselves.” She said the director’s style helped her stay away from the tried-and-trusted methods she had used in the past.

Film critics hailed Jeon’s performance. The film is scheduled to open next week, but critics are already giving her rave reviews. One said, “We thought Jeon Do-youn had nothing left to offer. We were wrong.”

Lee is sharing in the success, fuelling his comeback to the movie scene after years of serving as the culture minister.

15220129he7.jpg

A scene from “Secret Sunshine,”starring Jeon Do-youn.

Provided by the company

Song Gang-ho, who plays a supporting role in “Secret Sunshine,” said, “This film is the best production ever from the director, and it is all about Jeon.”

The filming went on for five months and Jeon found it physically and emotionally exhausting.

She coped, in part, because, she met and married her husband. “It was during the final stages of filming that I met my husband and I guess I needed some consoling from the stress of my role in the film,” Jeon said. “I usually go out with a person for at least four seasons to get to know him. But this time, everything went so fast, and I surprised myself.”

Jeon describes herself as an “actress without ambitions.” “I didn’t know I would be successful, because I thought I didn’t have what it takes to be an actress,” Jeon said. Her dream was to be a “good wife,” so now she says she has everything ― a great career and a happy married life.

What brought her this far?

“I have a strong will and I never want to lose,” she said. “Once I decide to do something, I clench my teeth and fight until I win.”

In a recent survey by the film magazine Cine 21, Jeon was placed third on a list of best actors. Among actresses, she was number one.

By Yang Sung-hee JoongAng Ilbo [sujiney@joongang.co.kr]

Source: English JoongAng Daily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2875578

Guest valenti

she's pretty in her short hairdo. i think she became more prettier now that she's married. & i hope she could have a new kdrama because the last one she did was the Lover's in Prague which is 2 years ago already.

Guest puppyiz

Adding these back dated pix to Mrs Kang's Portfolio :D

0509_talking_1.jpg

^Blouse (Anna Molinari) Inner black lace (Calvin Klein)

0509_talking_3.jpg

^Jacket,skirt, earrings by 내셔널(Costume National),

0509_talking_5.jpg

^In the mood for the 60's - dress from Maje.

0509_talking_6.jpg

^Calvin Klein

Credits :

Captured by Kim Sang Gon | Vogue International