Jeon Do-Yeon 전도연 [Drama “Crash Course in Romance” | Movie “Kill Boksoon” (NETFLIX)]

Helena

Seems like her own 'prediction' came true, even if it's a year later... CONGRATULATIONS JEON DO YEON! :D

Mar 6, 2007

Movie Star to Tie Knot in Private Ceremony

Film star Jeon Do-yeon (34) will marry a businessman only identified as Kang (40) this month in a private ceremony.

20070306002001yc6.jpg

Jeon’s agency SidusHQ said on Monday she wants her wedding to be quiet and will therefore close it to the public. The company did not disclose the groom's name or the date, time and place of the wedding. Jeon reportedly met the businessman in November last year through an acquaintance.

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0703060020.html

(2007.03.05 15:40 / chosun.com中文版)

200703050000321200.jpg

according to korea media .it had been revealed that Jeon do yeon will be marrying in this month with a man six years older then her > The future groom 's parents are all living overseas and will be back for the cermony and JDY's sister is who always been living oversea had return to seoul to met him . The couple met in last novemeber and had been dating since . Recently it been noted that JDY had been seem at Vera Wang [Wedding Bontique] . During the filming of her movie Secret Sunshine , JDY will take time off to return to seoul to meet him . and when the film had ended filming last month , the couple had always been together nearly everyday .

=

^^ ..finally JDY had found her man .conrgats .

03-06-2007

Stars Have Nuptial Plans: Actress Jeon Do-youn Cuts Tape

By Cathy Rose A. Garcia

Staff Reporter

200703062013350a3ll5.jpg

Actress Jeon Do-youn will tie the knot with a businessman, six years her senior, in a private wedding ceremony this month.

Jeon’s management agency SidusHQ released a statement on Monday saying the 34-year old actress wants to have a quiet wedding ceremony. The wedding will not be open to the public and details about the date, time and place will not be disclosed.

The groom, identified only by his last name Kang, is a 40-year old businessman. He has an MBA degree from George Washington University and is said to be the son of a known wealthy family.

Jeon met her future husband in November, after being introduced to him by a friend.

In 2006, Jeon received the best leading actress award at the 43rd Taejong (Grand Bell) Film Festival for her role as a HIV/AIDS-stricken waitress in "You Are My Sunshine!" directed by Park Jin-pyo. She also starred in the hit SBS drama "Lovers of Prague" with Kim Joo-hyuk.

Meanwhile, actor Yoon Da-hoon will marry restaurant owner Nam Eun-jong, who is 11 years younger than him, in May.

The 43-year old actor met Nam two years ago, but they have only been dating seriously for two months. Nam, who is 32 years old, owns a restaurant in Chongdam-dong.

Yoon gained popularity when he appeared in the MBC comedy "Three Friends" in 2000, and has starred in dramas such as "Let's Get Married," "Guardian Angel" and "Don't Worry." Last year, he appeared in the hit SBS drama "Please Come Back, Miss Joon-ae" and the cable show "Hyena," which was considered as a Korean male version of the American series "Sex and the City."

Transgender singer Harisu also announced she will marry her four-year younger boyfriend Mickey Jung in May. She met Jung in 2003, when he sang on her albums.

Harisu's wedding will take place at Central City Millennium Hall in Panpo, southern Seoul on May 19.

cathy@koreatimes.co.kr

Source: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...20105511700.htm

Guest shred

wow ... i can't believe she's getting married :D

best wishes to her!

i've always wondered how come most of korea's A-listers are single :sweatingbullets: - glad to see someone successful is tying the knot :)

March 06 2007

LEE Chang-dong's New Film Opens In May

sunshinevb8.jpg

Director LEE Chang-dong's next film is in the post-production stage after filming finished on February 10th. The film will be released in Korean cinemas in May.

The Korean title has been changed from Secret Sunshine to Milyang, after the place where the love story unfolds. JEON Do-yeon plays a woman who settles in Milyang with her young son after her husband's death. SONG Kang-ho is the head of a car center who develops an interest in her and assists the two when they endure hardship.

Previously, LEE directed three critically acclaimed films: Green Fish (1997), Peppermint Candy (2002) and Oasis (2003). He’s also the writer of the PARK Kwang-su films To the Starry Island (1993) and A Single Spark (1995).

Yi Ch'ang-ho (KOFIC)

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/

Guest P_E_A_R_L

JDY is now married to a "Mr. Kang" ???

I thought she was married to HwangJungMin and was supposedly pregnant.

I'm so confused...

Maybe i'm getting her mixed up with another female actress.

Can someone clarify, please.

I'm so confused...

JDY has never been married, this will be her first... and last, hopefully. :blush:

Hwang Jung Min's wife is (musical) actress Kim Mi Hye and I'm not sure if they really have a baby on the way. You're probably remembering JDY & HJM appearing together at award ceremonies last year because of their movie, 'You're My Sunshine'. I thought they were dating back then till I saw the ring on HJM's finger and learnt about his wife.

Guest ellabel

Glad to hear that the talented Jeon Do yoen is already getting married. Best wishes to her.

I hope she continuous to act even after marriage as it wud be a waste if she's no longer pursuing her showbiz career. She's such a great actress, one of the few who is versatle and brilliant.

I wish there will be more successful K-entertainment A-listers who wud follow her lead. ;)

I'm so confused...

huh HJM and JDY ..er where did that come from --;; .....HJM was already married before he was in " You are my sunshine " with JDY ..and he has a baby son just last year .~~ .and JDY said she wil continue with her acting even after marriage

wow ... i can't believe she's getting married :D

best wishes to her!

i've always wondered how come most of korea's A-listers are single :sweatingbullets: - glad to see someone successful is tying the knot :)

Glad to hear that the talented Jeon Do yoen is already getting married. Best wishes to her.

I hope she continuous to act even after marriage as it wud be a waste if she's no longer pursuing her showbiz career. She's such a great actress, one of the few who is versatle and brilliant.

I wish there will be more successful K-entertainment A-listers who wud follow her lead. ;)

Agree with chula & Ella... many of the A-list movie actors are still unmarried although a number of them do have long-lasting marriages, too. I think it was actress Moon So Ri who started the 'trend' (not sure what to call it but it's a good thing, right) when she married Dir. Jang Joon Hwan last Dec in a private ceremony as well. These 2 ladies are awesome best actresses and it's great to see that while they're remain active & successful at what they do best, they can also pursue a happily married life.

Hopefully we'd see more getting married for a great, happy & stable union... not the quick-ones, of course. :sweatingbullets:

Guest White Star

Congrats to her. ^__________^ I've always love her as an actress. very talented. the guy is lucky.

+WS+

Guest P_E_A_R_L

JDY has never been married, this will be her first... and last, hopefully. :blush:

Hwang Jung Min's wife is (musical) actress Kim Mi Hye and I'm not sure if they really have a baby on the way. You're probably remembering JDY & HJM appearing together at award ceremonies last year because of their movie, 'You're My Sunshine'. I thought they were dating back then till I saw the ring on HJM's finger and learnt about his wife.

Thanks for the information ^_^

Sunday, 11 March 2007

Actress Jeon Marries

2007jdyqe1.th.jpg

69866lxw0.jpg69868lan2.jpg

Jeon Do-yeon, one of the most popular actresses on the Korean film scene, wedded a businessman nine years her senior in a private ceremony at Shilla Hotel in Seoul on Sunday.

The couple, who met last November through a mutual friend, tied the knot with the blessings from about 100 closest family members and relatives. Among Jeon’s celebrity friends, only actor Lee Se-chang attended the tightly controlled ceremony.

Jeon, 34, had reportedly wanted the wedding ceremony be a private affair. Her husband, Kang Si-gyu, 43, is a wealthy company executive who earned an MBA from George Washington University in the United States, according to reports.

Jeon rose to stardom with hit films such as "The Contact" in 1997 and "Happy End" in 1999. Later ones include "Untold Scandal" in 2003, and "You Are My Sunshine" in 2005. She also starred in the hit TV drama "Lovers in Prague" in 2005.

The newly weds will head to the United States for a ten-day honeymoon, and settle in upscale Chongdam-dong in southern Seoul.

Source: The Korea Times, innolife.net

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nation/200...18414452920.htm

• 5 weeks later...

04-10-2007

Minister Returns as Director of 'Sunshine'

By Bae Keun-min

Staff Reporter

A piano teacher and her son come to her husband’s hometown in a province after the death of her husband. However, she even loses her son in the town. She is cornered into great grief and feeling of loss. How can she live her life when she loses the people she loves the most?

Director Lee Chang-dong's new film "Miryang," or "Secret Sunshine," portrays the woman, Sin-ae, in despair and a man, Chong-chan, owner of a car service center, who comes to love her despite her rejections.

200704102136310161tm7.jpg

Director Lee Chang-dong, left, actress Jeon Do-youn, center and actor Song Kang-ho

laugh during a press conference dealing with Lee's new film "Secret Sunshine"

in the Artsonje Center in Seoul, Tuesday.

"I made this film with a burning heart," said Lee in a press conference in Seoul yesterday. "As I made the film, my first in four years, my body, mind and senses were just like a player’s who participates in a game after a long hiatus."

The movie is his first since "Oasis" (2002), which gave him the Special Director's Award at the 59th Venice International Film Festival. "Secret Sunshine" is his fourth film.

"You may think it is a melodrama or a love story, but it is not the love story you commonly think of," the 52-year-old director said. "The audience will evaluate the film. But I kept thinking that I have to make it not to be ashamed of (myself and the movie)."

The title Miryang is the name of the town in South Kyongsang Province, where the movie was filmed. But the name can also mean a secret sunshine or a town with a lot of sunshine, Lee said, adding that the title is related to the film’s theme.

Great interest in the film was aroused when Lee announced his new project but not only because it is Lee's first flick since he resigned as Minister of Culture and Tourism. It also features two sought-after movie stars, actress Jeon Do-youn and actor Song Kang-ho, who perform in the same film for the first time. Lee held the post from February 2003 to June 2004.

"Every time I make a film, I get tired, pressured and nervous as if I’m doing it for the first time. I want to communicate with the audience, which does not necessarily mean communication with the larger group of audiences but an understanding in depth," Lee said. "I made the film, targeting neither the box-office profits nor international film awards."

In "Secret Sunshine" Lee and Song work together again for the first time since Lee's debut movie "Green Fish" (1997). "He (Song) is like a relative or psychological brother to me, thus although it has been 10 years since we worked together I have felt as if he and I have been together," Lee said. "He is an actor of great, keen sense."

The film is a new challenge for Song as he has never been in a melodrama. Song won the Best Actor Award at the Asian Film Awards last month with the film "The Host."

"Jeon and I debuted around the same time and have been good friends for the past 10 years. I am glad that we are finally in the same film," 39-year-old Song said. "The movie is mainly about Jeon’s role and her story."

Jeon, 34, who recently married, said she had decided to play in the film even before she read the script mainly because it was Lee's film. But she considered changing her decision after she read the script, wondering whether she was capable of performing the role, Jeon said, adding she had hard time acting for this film.

"There was a scene that I had to ask to stop filming and postpone it, which was the first time in my acting career, as I couldn't figure what was the emotion that I had to portray," Jeon said. "Although it hurt my pride, I think I made the right choice." The scene was when Sin-ae receives the first phone call from a kidnapper of her son.

Jeon appears on the screen with almost no make-up and disheveled hair to show an ordinary person in the real world. "I tried hard to erase 'Jeon Do-youn' from the character as much as I could."

The film industry is keeping an eye on "Secret Sunshine" to see if it indicates that Korean films can take the initiative back from Hollywood blockbusters. Korean films have recently been struggling at cinemas, largely because many of them are poorly finished.

"The film industry has grown so much compared to what it was some four years ago. However, I wonder if the growth has been based on economical efficiency," Lee said. "I believe the industry will be on the right track soon."

"Secret Sunshine" will open nationwide on May 17.

kenbae@koreatimes.co.kr

Source: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...21151411690.htm

Guest puppyiz

Loved those smiling eyes & wrinkles on her nose !!

* Thank you RUBIE -sis for ALL the recent news & captures on JDY. *

I found an article / news about our new 'Mrs. Kang' & her new movie but it's in Korean.

Hopefully some kind Soompier will help on the translations.

( JDY looks elegant with her new hairstyle )

전도연 "나이가 있으니 2세는 빨리"

indexlinkimagephpno2007qj8.jpg

indexlinkimagephpno2007sa1.jpg

source : http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...2608&type=1

Thanks puppyiz for the lovely pics... wow... JDY looks even younger as the newly-married Mrs. Kang. :blush: The short white dress and the new haircut look absolutely fabulous on her. It's good to see her after the honeymoon... still the glowing, radiant bride. :lol:

Loved those smiling eyes & wrinkles on her nose !!

=

here a clip * finally this movie going to be release ! !

http://mplay.donga.com/videofile/2007/cult...lyang070410.wmv

she so radiant ~ ^^ .the director say it been a while since he last directed a movie and he feels it very difficult both physically and spiritually

they ask her about having a baby ..and she say well ..she getting older and should have a plan .