Jeon Do-Yeon 전도연 [Drama “Crash Course in Romance” | Movie “Kill Boksoon” (NETFLIX)]

Helena

OMG. OMG. OMG.

So that was what their "flirting" (to my overactive imagination :D) on the "The Host" set was all about! You know, shirley, I swear I was thinking while watching that clip, that JDY should work with Song KangHo. I mean she's worked with Choi MinShik ("Happy End") and Sol KyungGu ("I Wish I Had A Wife"), so that left SKH as the only one among Korea's Big 3 who she hadn't worked with. I SWEAR I WAS THINKING THAT!

And now this.

Plus with Lee ChangDong as director! I haven't seen "Peppermint Candy" yet (can't seem to find a copy) but "Oasis" was heartbreaking.

The combination is just... just... Ahhhhhhh *hyperventilates*

From X's post

2006061514262751500_1.jpg

JDY returning to the big screen in a big way.. :)

sorry... was hallucinating just now...

OMG. OMG. OMG.

So that was what their "flirting" (to my overactive imagination :D) on the "The Host" set was all about! You know, shirley, while watching that clip, I was wondering when JDY would get to work with Song KangHo. I mean she's worked with Choi MinShik ("Happy End") and Sol KyungGu ("I Wish I Had A Wife"), so that left SKH as the only one among Korea's Big 3 who hasn't been her costar. And I was thinking idly, "Gosh, I hope she works with him soon." I SWEAR I WAS THINKING THAT, I SWEAR!

And now this. :w00t:

Plus with Lee ChangDong as director! I haven't seen "Peppermint Candy" yet (can't seem to find a copy) but "Oasis" was amazing.

The combination is just... just... Ahhhhhhh *hyperventilates*

haha yaya i know ..that day we were talking about JDY and then i talk of mr song YMCA i was like thinking also hmmm...how come JDY never work with song yet kekekke .~~ haha she gathering a huge collection of her costar ! !!(haha actually she does has this secret desire to work with handsome hunk...~ ) ..ya i know .peppermnt is not easy to find ..i nearly want to buy the Dir Lee collection DVD but alas i already got the other DVD in the collection ...so been thinking about it abit ~~ ya Oasis was amazing.......~ now i know what this ex culture minster been up to ~ ...he is gooood ..~ with such a cast ..i dun think much can go wrong .~ .

Guest yoonah

I can't comment about the director Lee Chang Dong. I have yet to see his works. But you say he's pretty good. And I believe you guys. :D

But Jeon Do Yeon and Song Kang Ho together!!?!?!!! That is more than enough to make me happy and excited over this film! :) Finally!!!! I too have wondered when the two of them will be casted together since JDY's filmography doesn't only showcase her acting prowess, but also boasts of formidable leading men i.e. Sol Kyung Gu, Choi Min Sik, Lee Byung Hun, Bae Young Joon :P , Han Suk Kyu, etc.

Guest nazur

Plus with Lee ChangDong as director! I haven't seen "Peppermint Candy" yet (can't seem to find a copy) but "Oasis" was amazing.

I got the "peppermint candy" dvd (region 1) several months ago from amazon. I just checked, they still have it. I can't say anything about the quality of the dvd though, I have not watched it yet, since I had already downloaded and seen the movie (which is great btw).

• 4 weeks later...

^It's so cute that she smiles with her whole face, not caring about laugh lines and such. :P

I got the "peppermint candy" dvd (region 1) several months ago from amazon. I just checked, they still have it. I can't say anything about the quality of the dvd though, I have not watched it yet, since I had already downloaded and seen the movie (which is great btw).
Thanks for the info, nazur. :) I'll definitely get myself a copy. If I didn't already have "Oasis," I might've been tempted by that Lee ChangDong boxset.

1na9.gif

JDY getting a hug from grateful costar Hwang JungMin after his win @ the '05 Blue Dragon Awards (both of them were fantastic in "You Are My Sunshine"^^)

Guest yoonah

Not-so-new news: Fighting for a cause. Jeon Do Yeon joins fellow artists in a mass demo to protest the screen quota cut.

(Posted by rubie at the News Thread: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...68&st=1400)

screenquota.jpg

Up front: Sol Kyung Gu, Choi Min Sik, Moon So Ri. Lee Jun Ki (behind CMS). Jeon Do Yeon (3rd row).

jdy_ujh_pjh.jpg

JDY, Uhm Jung Hwa and Park Jung Hoon

jdy_sq_2.jpg

JDY, Im Soo Jung on lower left

jdy_sq_1.jpg

jdy_khs_hjw.jpg

JDY, Kim Hye Soo, and Ha Ji Won behind them

jdy_sq.jpg

Sexy JDY! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Jeon Do Yeon, 43rd Daejong's Best Actress.

Her fifth for You're My Sunshine! :w00t:

Thanks to dramaok at the 43rd Grand Bell Awards 대종상영화제 thread

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64519

winners:

최우수작품상 = 왕의 남자

best project award = king and the clown

▲감독상 = 이준익(왕의 남자)

director award = lee joon-ik (king and the clown)

▲남우주연상 = 감우성(왕의 남자)

lead actor award = gam woo-seong (king and the clown)

▲여우주연상 = 전도연(너는 내 운명)

lead actress award = jeon do-yeon (you're my sunshine)

▲남우조연상 = 유해진(왕의 남자)

support actor award = yoo hae-jin (king and clown)

▲여우조연상 = 강혜정(웰컴 투 동막골)

support actress award = kang hye jeong (welcome to dongmakgol)

▲신인감독상 = 한재림(연애의 목적)

new director award = han jae-rim (to do or not to do)

▲신인여우상 = 추자현(사생결단)

new actress award = chu ja-hyeon (bloody tie)

▲신인남우상 = 이준기(왕의 남자)

new actor award = lee jun-ki (king and the clown)

▲시나리오상 = 최석환(왕의 남자)

scenario award - choi seok-hwan (king and the clown)

▲기획상 = 오정완, 이유진(너는 내 운명)

planning award - oh jeong-wan, lee yoojin (you're my sunshine)

▲영상기술상 = 강종익, 정도안(태풍)

image art = kang jong-ik, jeong do-an (typhoon)

▲편집상 = 김상범(박수칠 때 떠나라)

editing = kim sang beom (murder, take one)

▲조명상 = 유영종(태풍)

lighting = yoo young -jong (typhoon)

▲촬영상 = 지길웅(왕의 남자)

photography = ji gil-woong (king and the clown)

▲음악상 = 미하엘 슈타우다허(청연)

music = mihaol shutawodaheo (blue swallow)

▲의상상 = 정경희(음란서생)

costume = jeong kyeong hee (forbidden quest)

▲미술상 = 이형주, 조근현(형사)

art award = lee hyeong ju, jo geun hyeon (duelist)

▲국내 인기상 = 이준기(왕의 남자), 강성연(왕의 남자)

domestic popularity award = lee junki (king and clown), kang seong-yeon (king and clown)

▲해외 인기상 = 이준기(왕의 남자), 이영애(친절한 금자씨)

overseas popularity award = lee junki (king and clown), lee young-ae (sympathy for lady vengence)

▲영화발전공로상 = 이경자 편집기사

motion picture merit award = lee kyeong-ja editing co.

▲안성기 = 데뷔 50주년 기념상

ahn seong-gi = debut 50 year recognition award

--------------

b020060722_25682176.jpg

jeon do yeon

e720060722_25681589.jpg

winners

Guest yoonah

Congratulations to Jeon Do Yeon for winning Best Actress in the recently-concluded Daejong Awards.

Oh I'm so happy! She was really good in "You Are My Sunshine"... as in all of her performances. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna update her Awards List in the first page... :)

'King and the Clown' Wins 7 Grand Bell Awards

By Chung Ah-young

Staff Reporter

kt2200607231921550bell.jpg

To no one's surprise, the nation's record-setting blockbuster, "King and the Clown," attracting more than 12.3 million moviegoers, swept the 43rd Taejong (Grand Bell) Film Festival awards last Friday at the Conventional Hall, COEX in southern Seoul.

Nominated in a record-breaking 15 categories, "King and the Clown" grabbed seven awards, including the best film, best leading actor and best director awards.

Gam Woo-sung, 36, who played the role of a clown named "Jangsaeng," in the film, took the best leading actor award, marking a turning point in his 15-year acting career.

"There are many well-performing actors in Korea. But they do not have a chance at the awards. I appreciate all the staff including our scriptwriter, director and producer. I attribute this luck to all the film staff," he said after being called the winner.

He debuted in the 1990 television drama, "Paradise of Our Own," and started his movie career in his first film "Marriage Is a Crazy Thing," in 2001, where he played the role of an intelligent and gentle man who seeks free dating instead of marriage.

Gam also became popular by taking Son Ye-jin's ex-husband role in the recent SBS miniseries "Alone in Love" that ended in May.

Lee Joon-ki, who rocketed to stardom for playing an effeminate court jester in the nation's most viewed film, hit the trifecta by bagging the new actor, local and overseas popularity awards through mobile phones-and the Internet-based votes.

Lee Jun-ik, "King and the Clown" director, was also awarded as best director.

The best leading actress award went to Jeon Do-youn, who played the role of a pitiful tea room waitress in "You Are My Sunshine," directed by Park Jin-pyo, falling in love with a farmer.

Jeon also featured the SBS weekend primetime hit drama "Lovers of Prague" last year.

chungay@koreatimes.co.kr

07-23-2006 19:07

Source: http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...19071511710.htm

Congratulations to Jeon Do Yeon for winning Best Actress in the recently-concluded Daejong Awards.

Oh I'm so happy! She was really good in "You Are My Sunshine"... as in all of her performances. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna update her Awards List in the first page... :)

One day, you'd probably going to run out of space to list all her Best Actress awards. :lol:

Photos from innolife.net

830_1.jpg

830_3.jpg

Hi yoonah! Found this news update at Lee Jung Jae's page at Fantom Entertainment. :)

Photos taken at Mise-en-scene's Genres Film Festival (with the theme 'I Love Shorts') last June 30. More pics from that event here. (thanks to melusine for the info ^^)

1014_334970_DSC_0031(3).jpg

1014_334970_DSC_0075(2).jpg

Lee Jung Jae, Jo In Sung, Jeon Do Yeon, Gong Hyo Jin & Hwang Jung Min. Cool actors!

2006062918554795785_1.jpg

Credit: naver.com, isportainment, mtstarnews & Fantom Ent.

Guest yoonah

Shoot For The Stars (2002)

Starring: Jeon Do Yeon, Jo In Sung, Park Sang Myun

Screenplay: Yoon Seung Hee

Director: Lee Jang Soo

Official Site: http://www.tv.sbs.co.kr/shoot

Soompi thread: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57878

Synopsis: Seong-tae (played by Jo In Sung) is an orphan who wants to be a movie star. The only happy days he remembers in his life was the one year when he was adopted by a friendly family and grew up with their son. The next year he had to be sent back to an orphanage because his foster father went bankrupt. He made up his mind to become a movie star and find his foster parents and brother who made him feel like he was a part of a family. It is a long, hard road to become an actor. Adding to these problems, he has a hard time reading scripts because he has dyslexia. Although frustrated at times, he has a warm-hearted manager Han So-ra (played by Jeon Do Yeon). She helps him become a great star. Her ceaseless efforts pave the way for his success as a promising actor.

th_star_photo14178.jpg th_star_photo14197.jpg th_star_photo14196.jpg th_star_photo14174.jpg th_star_photo14192.jpg

Movieweek's 25 Most Beautiful Faces of 2006

[아름다운 얼굴 25]김혜수 장동건 전지현 차승원 이영애

꼭 1년 만이다. 지난해 이맘때, 내로라하는 국내 사진작가 70명의 추천을 받아 ‘아름다운 얼굴’ 25인을 꼽았었다. 올해는 86명의 작가들이 이 특집에 기꺼이 참여해줬다. 영화 포스터와 스틸, 패션 화보, 광고 사진 등을 주로 촬영하는 작가들이 추천한 130여 명의 배우들 중 점수를 많이 받은 25명이 이 안에 담겨 있다. 피사체로서 빛을 발하는 최고의 얼굴들이다. 여기 속하지 않은 배우, 또 작가들이 미처 꼽아주지 못한 배우들이 아름답지 못하다는 것으로 곡해되지 않았으면 한다. 이제, 대한민국을 대표하는 얼굴들을 만나본다.

1. Kim Hye Soo

2. Jang Dong Gun

3. Jeon Ji Hyun

4. Cha Seung Won

5. Lee Young Ae

6. Jo In Sung

7. Jeon Do Yeon

8. Lee Na Young

9. Hwang Jeong Min

10. Jung Woo Sung

11. Jang Jin Young

12. Ryu Seung Beom

13. Won Bin

14. Kang Hye Jung

15. Yoo Ji Tae

16. Bae Doo Na

17. Lee Byung Hun

18. Uhm Jung Hwa

19. Kang Dong Won

20. Lee Jung Jae

21. Kim Tae Hee

22. Lee Jun Ki

23. Moon Geun Young

24. Soo Ae

25. Im Soo Jung

jdy9gb.jpg

07 전도연(여자 4위)

사진제공 | 김중만 _ 벨벳언더그라운드

모델로서 감정적인 면이 있다. 안아주고 싶을 만큼의 연약함과 배우로서의 집중력이 한데 묻어 나온다.

김상곤 _ 바닐라스튜디오

프로페셔널, 그 자체다. 자신이 무엇을 갖고 있는지, 작가가 무엇을 원하는지는 빨리 알아채고 카메라 앞에서 그것을 표현해낼 줄 아는 배우다.

정의석 _ ZIP 스튜디오

내가 빨려들어간다. 순수하면서 섹시하고, 귀여우면서 성숙함을 지녔는데, 너무 많은 매력을 가지고 있어서 그 매력을 다 찾아내기가 힘들다. 나도 모르게 그녀의 매력에 빠지게 된다.