The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Guest Take Five

Guest Take Five

anyone watching this? many people are saying this is the best show of the spring anime season. while i can't really make a judgement like that since i haven't been following a lot of new shows, i have to say this series is really funny and interesting. i love the characters and the animation. i'm addicted to the OP and ED too...especially the ED because the characters do a cool dance in it. anyway, check it out.

my avatar is from the show too.
The-Melancholy-of-Haruhi-Suzumiya-the-me

Plot:The story follows the narrator and male protagonist Kyon, a cynical and incredulous student entering high school, who is dragged along by the title character and female protagonist Haruhi Suzumiya (who is Kyon's classmate). She is an eccentric girl seeking supernatural phenomena and figures such as alienstime travelers, and espers. She establishes with Kyon's reluctant help, a club to investigate mysterious events called the SOS Brigade. Haruhi later recruits three additional members: the laconic bibliophile Yuki Nagato, the shy and timid Mikuru Asahina, and the extremely friendly transfer student Itsuki Koizumi. These members soon reveal themselves to Kyon as the extraordinary characters Haruhi, who is unaware of her own destructive reality warping power, is seeking. The three additional members have been sent by their various organizations to observe Haruhi and prevent these powers from being unleashed. This leaves Kyon the task of maintaining for Haruhi the illusion of a normal life.

Volumes: 19 (Ongoing) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2800Published by: YenPressAnime Episodes: 14
the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya-the-me

SuzumiyaHaruhino_Yuuutsufull_1322809.jpg

the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya-6133-1

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Take Five

10737.jpg

from AniDB:

Based on Nagaru Tanigawa`s "Suzumiya Haruhi" series of novels.

A far from ordinary school story starts here!

This is a story of Suzumiya Haruhi, who upon enrollment at school announced "I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, beings from the future, or super-humans, come see me. That is all!"

Naturally, any normal person would think "What the...?", but Haruhi is dead serious. Things get crazy when everyone realizes just how serious she is about it all and establishes the "SOS Dan".

Suzumiya Haruhi is a good-looking high school girl who has a clear head, haughty personality and very egocentric thought. She has an unimaginably tremendous power to change the world, but she is totally unaware of her own power and so she is also unaware of the effect of her power on the outside world.

A delightfully strange, yet marvelously interesting story!

more screenshots + summaries here: http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/arc...utsu/index.html

Guest Take Five

^about 4 weeks ago.

i think the 4th episode has been the best so far even though it was weird how it skipped ahead in the timeline. hopefully it maintains this quality or gets even better.

Guest battousaixx

hahaha, i tend to watch alot of anime that comes out, in the past week, i'ved watched at least 7 animes at least the first episode and this was one of them

it's really funny and i like watching it. i think i saw.. up to episode four

it's good, i recommend it

p.s. i like the ending theme caus of the dancing too, its like, ehh.. i guess cute is the word? lol

Guest Take Five

^yeah i know! i keep rewatching that along with the OP lol. there's even tons of parodies of the ED on youtube...

btw, what else did you watch? i dunno what other spring anime to watch besides school rumble 2, gintama, xxxholic, nana, ouran high school, haruhi, and possibly black lagoon. well i guess that's a lot already but still...

Guest system

By far the best new anime show for this spring.

When I first saw the beginning of the 1st episode, I didn't know what to think of it... that is until I saw the very end.

The OP and ED is one of the BEST I have ever seen.

It's so rich with detail, very fluid and it just draws you in.

I'm almost tempted to find and read the translation of the original novel.

currently watching: this, Blood+, School Rumble 2nd semester

Guest madeinktown

it's sorta hard to like this anime while watching the first episode. i was definately turned off by the first episode. and then i watched the second.

only problem is the episodes are shown out of order. it matches Suzumiya persona which doesn't follow a standard form, but it's a frustrating.

i'm just gonna go back when the series is over and put tabs on which episode is which.

Guest Take Five

^i guess, but i think it keeps it kinda mysterious and intriguing...or at least it's interesting once you go back and watch the earlier episodes and notice certain things in it. i agree the 1st episode doesn't tell much though. i believe the anime is gonna skip everything that happened in the 2nd novel, so that's probably why things are out of order...

what the hell, my SOS brigade sig is gone T_T

Guest madeinktown

^i guess, but i think it keeps it kinda mysterious and intriguing...or at least it's interesting once you go back and watch the earlier episodes and notice certain things in it. i agree the 1st episode doesn't tell much though. i believe the anime is gonna skip everything that happened in the 2nd novel, so that's probably why things are out of order...

what the hell, my SOS brigade sig is gone T_T

yeah, i like the series the way it is too, but i was so confused with ep 4 and i wondered when all those things happened.

my sigs don't show up either sometimes.

Guest Take Five

i read somewhere that in the next ep previews, haruhi is saying the actual order of the episodes while kyon is saying the chronological order of the episodes. something interesting to keep in mind...

Guest theonecalledy2ckt

i just watched the first episode and all i could say is wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff xD

Guest Take Five

5th ep is out. it's a little low on haruhi antics and high on explanations but it's still interesting. i really liked the music in this episode.

i'm guessing they aren't gonna talk about how the world nearly got destroyed before the baseball game...damn.

Guest Hot Fire Neko

Ok, so it's awesome yet confusing because it's apparently out of sequence.

Sounds like something I have to at least give a chance so, I suppose.

*Goes off to download*

Guest Take Five

i'm still wondering what an esper is...aside from what they called summons in FF6 o_0

Archived