Miley Cyrus Says She And Nick Jonas Were 'in Love'

Immortal_Angel

including Miley on Seventeen Magazine Sept. Issue
cvr_seventeen877.jpg

Thursday, August 07, 2008

By Liz McNeil

After years of playing coy, Miley Cyrus finally speaks out about her ex-boyfriend Nick Jonas.

"We became boyfriend and girlfriend the day we met," Cyrus says in the September issue of Seventeen Magazine. "He was on a quest to meet me, and he was like, 'I think you're beautiful and I really like you.' And I was like, 'Oh, my gosh, I like you so much.'"

The teen stars, now both 15, never went public with their relationship – Cyrus said they were "just really good buds" – though fans and reporters alike were onto them.

"Nick and I loved each other," Cyrus says now. "We still do, but we were in love with each other. For two years he was basically my 24/7. But it was really hard to keep it from people. We were arguing a lot, and it really wasn't fun."

After they broke up at the end of 2007, Cyrus tells Seventeen, "At first I bawled for a month straight. I was so sad. I just went into this weird funk. And I dyed my hair black. When we were dating, Nick wanted me to get highlights – and so I did that, and I got myself looking great. And then, on the day we broke up, I was like, I want to make my hair black now – I don't want to look pretty; I want to look hard-core. I was rebelling against everything Nick wanted me to be. And then I was like, I've got to be by myself for now, and just figure out who I really am."

Cyrus doesn't rule out getting back together with the Jonas brother one day – though a source told PEOPLE he's now dating fellow Disney Channel star Selena Gomez, 16.

"Maybe he'll be my best friend for the rest of my life or maybe I'll end up marrying Nick Jonas!" Cyrus says.

But for now, she's happily single. "Since [the breakup], I've realized that I've met so many great guys, but I like being the girl nobody can have," she says. "No one can touch me, no one's mine. I'm myself. I think it's sexy to do your own thing."

credit to People.com

Photoshoots of Miley in Seventeen Magazine

2622s0m609.jpg

2vb56gx234.jpg

dxekp0949.jpg

t6ymgh750.jpg

Credits to: http://miley-cyrus.us/

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest iheartBIGBANG

I wonder how's Nick going to reply to that.

And Selena...but I'm starting to feel for her.

But they were dating for 2 years?!

Guest evilishus

she finally admits it.

props to her for doing so.

i still don't get why girl's our age

find Nick Jonas attractive. -_-

"No one can touch me, no one's mine. I'm myself. I think it's sexy to do your own thing."

That's right Miley,do your own thing.

At our age it's all about having fun

and living, in a couple of years we're

going to get kicked out and forced to

become ADULTS.-the horror- :o

Guest SmileItsDer

Wow dyeing her hair black because she broke up with Nick that is crazy. But love her photoshoot she looks pretty.

Guest chuchu728

LOL i don't really like miley but i seriously couldn't take her article seriously

"in love"? forreals? anyways

to person above me...omg nick jonas definitely grew cuter but anyways

him & selena are cute...i really like selena.

Guest jayneefahxD

LOLLLL, i laughed while reading the article.

... however, i like her hair in the first pic of the photoshoot.

Guest jei kaRRr

Whatttt? I though she had a boyfriend right now? Who was that guy she was locking lips with then in those scandalous pictures hahaha.

Wow. Just wow. Teen celebs haha

Guest fanatic520

ahahaha i laughed when i read this. she's trying to sound so mature and experienced about relationships

but anyways....

dated for 2 yrs and split in '07....so they dated when they were 12? :rolleyes:

Guest amyoii

I don't like what she said on the article. And what's the use of saying that when Nick already have a new girlfriend? Is she trying to get Selena jealous?

Archived