Official Pacific Mall Thread

NaughtyDog

Guest Irrationallyrational

So wait I'm just like summarizing what I saw before kinda: Cell phones are a no-no when it comes to pmall? Damn I really really want the samsung tocco and my parents are fully like no buying online. :tears: And now I'm at a loss as to where to get it. Pmall is like the only place I know where I see all these phones for sale that aren't released in Canada. ARUGH.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AiMango

So wait I'm just like summarizing what I saw before kinda: Cell phones are a no-no when it comes to pmall? Damn I really really want the samsung tocco and my parents are fully like no buying online. :tears: And now I'm at a loss as to where to get it. Pmall is like the only place I know where I see all these phones for sale that aren't released in Canada. ARUGH.

uhh i got my cell from pmall 8 months ago and its still in good condition o__O who said cell phones were a nono from pmall?

speaking of which , im going today :]~

when you buy cellphones at pmall, expect them to be a lot more expensive than if you had bought them from people on howardforums or redflagdeals. looking for people that sell your specific phone is the only problem but it doesn't take too long. and you should know that a "warranty" isn't in the vocab of salesmen in those phone booths(exceptions are those rogers, fido, etc stores). so if you somehow mess your 400+ dollar phone(and it's within warranty conditions), they'll fix it sure, but expect to be charged for it.

but then again, not many people even use their warranties so it might not be the case for you. so it's just the extremely overpriced-ness that deters people from buying them at pmall.

Guest Irrationallyrational

Ohhhh. I'm only a bit worried cause I'm not really tech savvy, so if I find the phone I'd just buy it period. That's why I was wondering if there was some sort of rules I should take heed to.

Guest res0nate

Only buy mobiles at Pacific if you like getting ripped off or money isn't an issue to you.

Cell accessories are another thing.

$4 online for a case.

15+ in store at Pacific. Too good!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jhiroki

what's a good place for Japanese hair straightening?~ haha..

I've done it at Chin G, for cheap. But I still got good results, that's if you maintain it. Although I highly recommend it at J-TOWN's hair salon, but with that said .. it's also really expensive there because they use hi-quality chemicals.

Guest o1honey

when you buy cellphones at pmall, expect them to be a lot more expensive than if you had bought them from people on howardforums or redflagdeals. looking for people that sell your specific phone is the only problem but it doesn't take too long. and you should know that a "warranty" isn't in the vocab of salesmen in those phone booths(exceptions are those rogers, fido, etc stores). so if you somehow mess your 400+ dollar phone(and it's within warranty conditions), they'll fix it sure, but expect to be charged for it.

but then again, not many people even use their warranties so it might not be the case for you. so it's just the extremely overpriced-ness that deters people from buying them at pmall.

actually.. I think the prices at pmall are quite fair for cellphones.

Even w/ Redflagdeals and stuff.. all prices are in USD, with additional shipping... it will come up to the same prices.

And also... the phones @ pmall are all ready-in-stock.. so you get your phone immediately.

^there are a lot of people selling in the GTA area, especially on hofo and there's quite a large population of GTA sellers at redflagdeals. im pretty sure they dont sell in USD(i hope not or else that's just pure LOL) and usually do local pickups and whatnot. their prices are still way lower than what they sell at pmall.

actually.. I think the prices at pmall are quite fair for cellphones.

Even w/ Redflagdeals and stuff.. all prices are in USD, with additional shipping... it will come up to the same prices.

And also... the phones @ pmall are all ready-in-stock.. so you get your phone immediately.

????

Guest DOVAHKIIN

uhh i got my cell from pmall 8 months ago and its still in good condition o__O who said cell phones were a nono from pmall?

speaking of which , im going today :]~

Overpriced + unlocked = insufficient warranty

Example: Before LG Shine was released here by Rogers, I saw it going for $600+ at pmall.

Mind you it's not just Pmall.

Guest inthesoul-k

No they dont always has phones in stock, espcially Japanese phones. They say we have to order it in, which business wise is very smart cause they already got a buyer before investing in a phone they might not sell.

Redflagdeals is in CAD currency not US

Also I dont have a problem with pmall's phone prices if people are willing to pay that kind of money thats there problem. Before buying a phone you should educate yourself and find out how much it's going for not just at pmall but online and other places.

I sold iPhones/Blackberry Bolds OVERPRICED a while ago when they were NEW and why did people pay $600+ because they didn't want to go on contract with Rogers/Fido. So there are many reasons why people will pay sooooo much money for a phone when really it's retail price is much lower.

Well Pmall phones are overpriced for a reason.

People buy it for the exclusiveness of not having the same phone as other people.

If you want to get a phone that no one else has or craving for something cool from Japan then expect to fork out the money.

Pacific phones are overpriced but convenient in the fact that you don't have to search around online for the best deal.

It's not really meant for people that are stingy on money or wants to spend so little for the best thing out there.

You buy from Pmall then you should expect all the cons that goes along with it.

^I still don't understand why people would want to spend MORE money on a phone at Pacific Mall, when you can get it for much cheaper from a local seller. Sure, you can get a phone that no one else has, but that doesn't mean you gotta pay some ridiculous amount of money at Pmall to get it. J/K phones are already verrrrry expensive, I would rather be stingy than pay $100 more at pmall.

And seriously, it doesn't take a long time to look around for sellers in the GTA area or wherever. Have a little patience and you'll get a seller.

• 2 weeks later...

Not ALL pmall phones are overpriced, but I agree that most are. if you are looking to buy a phone @ pmall, make sure you check around everywhere to get the best deal. because.. each store sells it for like.. a different price. and im not against cellphones @ pmall since i got my LG ice cream phone there.. it was under $300 so not RIDICULOUSLY overpriced plus came with free external microSD and 1 year warranty. they were really helpful and asked me to come back if i had any problems.

Just a little sidenote though, people at Bluewave were really rude.. and their phones are the most overpriced @ pmall. plus they lied to me and told me the blue LG ice cream wasn't out yet.. but i fully saw them @ other stores. they also sold it for 400.. and i got mine for under 300. but again, just shop around before you make a decision and always ask questions.

Archived