Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** Rain’s interview about his drama #welcome2life  in Kstyle magazine. :P

*************************************************************************************

Interview on RAIN about “Welcome 2 Life” in Japan, “I love ramen, sushi and Tokyo Tower” in Japan

r.580x0

RAIN (Bi) starring in latest work "Welcome 2 Life (original title)" will be broadcast at the cinema theater in Japan for the first time in November. This work is a drama that gives courage to modern people who live in an uncertain age, with a skilled lawyer who enters a parallel world due to an unfortunate accident. To commemorate the first broadcast in Japan this time, RAIN's official interview has been released! He talked a lot about the story behind the filming of all episodes in this interview. 

Please tell us about your impressions of this work being broadcast in Japan

RAIN: I am much honored. I am very happy to be able to do something for Japanese fans through this work! I'm looking forward to showing my best to the Japanese people after a long time on TV, and I feel great.

What kind of drama is “Welcome 2 Life”?

RAIN: “Welcome 2 Life” has two worlds, the real world and the parallel world. First of all, the character of a family man with a warm heart. He is an excellent lawyer, but he only cares about winning for his benefit, another is a prosecutor's figure of justice! I played dual characters in the drama. It’s a story that everyone can enjoy.

Why did you appear in this work? What was your impression when you read the script for the first time?

RAIN: The first reason is that there are various works such as thrillers and investigative that are on-trend so far, heart-warming family dramas, etc. This work is a drama like a gift set packed with all of them. When you read the script, it is a very interesting work that you really want to appear in. 

r.580x0

What kind of person is Lee Jae-sang who was played by RAIN?

RAIN: Lee Jae-sang is a skilled lawyer who, in the real world, is strict in carrying out the law to defend his clients. A warm husband / father who lives for the family, and a prosecutor who sticks to justice. It's really interesting to see the two worlds going back and forth, so you can enjoy watching it!

In this work, you have experienced two occupations, the lawyer and the prosecutor, playing the same person, have you been prepared playing 2-characters?

RAIN: Of course, I thought about how to perform them after reading the script carefully as if I was doing homework or studying a lesson.

Lee Jae-sang is a person who lives different lives in the real world and the parallel world, but is there anything you are particular about in appearance inside & out?

RAIN: First of all, in the case of Jae-sang, the unscrupulous lawyer, we aimed to create a really bad and worst person. Jae-sang, a prosecutor with a sense of justice who built a warm home, tried to express a relaxed and soft image, which is opposite to being a bad lawyer.

If you have a parallel world, what kind of work do you think RAIN is doing?

RAIN: I'm a soccer player or a golfer. If I have the opportunity, I will do my best. I'm 38 years old (Korean age), so it may be late to start… If I could have started earlier, I think I can turn into a professional in my 50s. 

r.580x0

Spoiler

I think that Jae-sang's appearance is changing from a self-centered person who thinks only about his future to knowing the love of his family and becoming a warmhearted person. Wasn't it difficult to express the change in the drama?

RAIN: It wasn't easy to keep up with the emotional changes during the 16 episodes. At one time, a skilled lawyer, and at other times, a warm head of the family. It was quite difficult to express with such changes but I think I was able to do it, thanks to my director.

RAIN who has a reputation for being strong & confident, but in this work he was a character of being weak. How was it when you expressed such a weak & comical character?

RAIN: I felt very refreshed. In this drama, Lim Ji Yeon and Kwak Si Yang, who are the opposite, took charge of that role, that's why, I was able to enjoy shooting the scene comfortably.

The appearance of conflicting psychological battles with the suspect was very cool. What did you focus on when performing such a psychological confrontation?

RAIN: Before, the TV screen was small in size, so, you couldn't see the details such as the actor's eyebrows and wrinkles on the face. But now, TVs have large screen and with good image quality, The bigger the face, the more clearly you can see the shape of the eyes, the movement of the eyes, the movement of the mouth and the wrinkles between the eyebrows. Therefore, I tried to express my emotions by reducing the movement of my body as much as possible. Since the interrogation scene is very long, if the lines are not properly turned, it will not come out good. I carefully read the script and consulted with the director prior shooting the scene. The scene was well-liked by Korean viewers, so it was worth the effort.

r.580x0

I think there were many female viewers who were excited about the skinship scene with Ji-yeon. How was your performance with Lim Ji-yeon?

RAIN: Since Ji-yeon is an actress who gives her best with all her works, she was able to perform this in a breathtaking manner, and not only her, but also all the casts were great, so everyone was perfect.

It was interesting that Jae-sang's ex-girlfriend & wife Ji-yeon is a senior investigative, and a partner of Goo Dong Tae. How was your first co-starring with Dong Tae as Kwak Si Yang?

RAIN: Kwak Si-yang is always ready. He has a great attitude to face anything, so we always have good chemistry whenever we thought about doing ad lib together during our scenes. I think that I was able to perform more easily because of him since he is a good actor.

How was the atmosphere on the set? Please tell us about any interesting sequences that you remember while shooting.

RAIN: I always enjoy shooting the drama, so it's difficult to choose one ... Maybe my memory is bad ... I can only remember what is fun all the time (laughs).

Who is the mood maker on the set?

RAIN: Me! I'm good at creating a good & fun atmosphere.

r.580x0

Do you treat everyone?

RAIN: I talked a lot (laughs). Why was the atmosphere on the set good? Why did the performance match perfectly? It was because I had a treat!

RAIN, who showed off his best acting in “Welcome 2 Life”, what do you think most about this work?

RAIN: The first thing that comes to mind is “hard”. I think that it was hard work that made me feel happy because of all the casts and staff who had given all their best. Shooting was really hard and difficult but we survived it all.

Speaking of Japan? "I love ramen & sushi ... I also love the classic Tokyo Tower"

r.580x0

Are there any places or recommended spots to visit when you come to Japan?

RAIN: If you go to Japan, you will definitely go to their ramen and sushi shops. Even if you travel for work, you feel like you are on a happy gourmet trip. Then walk from Omotesando to the end of Harajuku. If you do that, you will feel excited, “Oh I came to Japan”. It may be an old cliché' but I also love Tokyo Tower.

You collaborated with former SISTAR Soyou for the release of “Beginning,” and gathered a lot of attention. How was your collaboration with Soyou, who is tagged as the “queen of collaborations”?

RAIN: Soyou is one of my favorite artists. After singing the song together, I realized again that she has a fascinating voice. We were both very relaxed working together.

Are there any music you listen to recently or artists you care to follow?

RAIN: I often listen to Billy Eilish.

r.580x0

Rain is still muscular, but what is the secret to keeping her body shape?

RAIN: Recently, I'm trying to keep my body shape rather than muscle building. It's really hard to keep this figure for the amount you eat. I eat about 4-5 times a day, but I have to endlessly fight with myself to keep this body shape. So, if you feel you have eaten a lot the day before, you need always to exercise the next morning.

Please tell us about your future activity plan.

RAIN: I'm off now, but I'm planning to act as an actor again next year. Also, I have a plan for album production. I don't know when the next I will be seen in dramas and movies, but I will try to do another project as an actor!

credit : Kstyle

http://news.kstyle.com/article.ksn?articleNo=2129557#Kstyle

インタビュー&プレゼント】「ウェルカム2ライフ」RAIN、日本といえば?“ラーメンやお寿司、東京タワーも大好きです”

RAIN(ピ)主演最新作「ウェルカム2ライフ(原題)」が衛星劇場にて、11月より日本初放送することが決定。本作はパラレルワールドに吸い込まれた悪徳弁護士と、彼の元カノが繰り広げるファンタジーロマンスコメディで、不透明な時代を生きる現代人に勇気を与えてくれるドラマとなっている。今回日本での初放送を記念して、主演をつとめたRAINのオフィシャルインタビューが到着! 撮影時の裏話から日本でのエピソードまでたっぷりと語ってくれた。

さらにRAINさんから直筆さん入りポラも! 抽選で2名様にプレゼント。

・RAIN 直筆サイン入りポラのプレゼント概要は記事下をチェック!
――衛星劇場にてドラマ「ウェルカム2ライフ(原題)」が11月より放送開始されます。今作が、日本で放送される感想について教えてください。

RAIN:とても光栄に思っています。それから、今作を通して日本のファンの皆さんに何かをできるということが、とても嬉しいです! テレビを通して久しぶりに日本の皆さんへ、私の姿を披露できるということが楽しみですし、最高の気分ですね。

――「ウェルカム2ライフ」はどんなドラマですか?

RAIN:「ウェルカム2ライフ」は、現実世界とパラレルワールドの2つの世界が登場するのですが、その中にはまず、家族思いの温かい心を持った男性の姿、拝金主義の悪徳弁護士、そして正義を貫く検事の姿! この3つの姿を持ったキャラクターが登場するんです。どなたでも楽しめる物語なので、ぜひ一度ご覧いただきたいですね。今作をさらに理解するために、2~3度と何度ご覧になってもいいと思います!

――今作に出演された理由やきっかけは? 初めて台本を読まれた際の印象はいかがでしたか?

RAIN:1つ目の理由としては、今までに出演してきたスリラーや捜査もの、ハートフルな家族ドラマなど、さまざまな作品がありますが、今作はそれらすべてを詰め込んだギフトセットのようなドラマなんです。台本を読んだ際に、すごく面白くてぜひ出演したいと感じた作品ですね。

パラレルワールドが実在するなら?「サッカー選手かゴルファーに…」

――RAINさんが演じられたイ・ジェサンはどんな人物ですか?

RAIN:イ・ジェサンは、現実世界では人と人との関係性よりも自分の利益が優先で欲深く、どんな手を使ってでも自分の依頼人の弁護を全うする悪徳弁護士で、パラレルワールドでは、家族のために生きる温かい夫・父親であり、正義を貫く検事なんです。2つの世界を行き来する姿が本当に面白いので、楽しくご覧いただけると思います!

――今作では、同一人物でありながらも弁護士と検事、2つの職業を経験されましたが、演じるために特別に準備されたことはありますか?

RAIN:当然のことかもしれませんが、宿題や勉強をするような感じで台本を熟読して、どうやって演じようかと悩みました。

――イ・ジェサンは現実世界とパラレルワールド、2つの世界で、異なる人生を送る人物ですが、外見や内面などでこだわった部分はありますか?

RAIN:まず悪徳弁護士のジェサンの場合、本当に悪辣で最悪な人物に作り上げることを目指しました。もう1人の温かい家庭を築く、正義感溢れる検事のジェサンは、悪徳弁護士の時よりも、リラックスした柔らかい姿を表現しようと努力しましたね。

――もしもパラレルワールドが実在するとしたら、RAINさんは、どんな仕事をしていると思いますか?

RAIN:私は、サッカー選手かゴルファーですね。機会さえいただければ、一生懸命頑張ります。(韓国年齢で)38歳なので、今から始めるには遅いかもしれませんが……。今から始めたら、50代くらいでプロに転向できると思うのですが、その頃の体力だと15分くらいしかもたないでしょうね。

――自分の将来だけを考える自己中心的な人物から、家族の愛を知り、温かい心の持ち主へと変化していくジェサンの姿も今作の見どころの1つだと思うのですが、感情の変化を表現するのは大変ではなかったですか?

RAIN:その時々の感情の変化を16話の撮影の間、保ち続けるのは容易ではなかったですね。ある時は悪徳弁護士、ある時は、温かさを持った家長。こういった主体性を持ったまま、表現していくのはかなり難しかったのですが、監督さんのおかげでやり遂げることができたように思います。

――アクション演技に定評のあるRAINさんですが、今作では格闘が苦手なキャラクターでした。そういったケンカの弱いコミカルな姿を表現してみて、いかがでしたか?

RAIN:とても新鮮な気分でした。他作品では、いつも私が悪の組織に体を張って立ち向かっていましたが、今作では相手役であるイム・ジヨンさんやクァク・シヤンさんがその役割を担当してくれたので、そういったアクションシーンの撮影は気楽に楽しむことができましたね。

――被疑者と心理戦を繰り広げ、対立する姿がとてもカッコ良かったです。そういった心理的な対決を演じる際、重点を置いた点は?

RAIN:昔のテレビ画面はサイズも小さく、どんなに拡大しても役者の眉毛や顔のしわなど、細かい部分は見えなかったのですが、最近のテレビは画面が大きいですし、画質も良いため、顔がアップになるほど、目の形や瞳の動き、口や顎関節の動きや眉間のしわなどが、はっきり見えるんです。ですので、できる限り体の動きは減らして、しわや眉毛の動き、目つき、口や顎関節、首の向きなどで、感情を表現する努力をしました。

それから取調べのシーンはすごく長いためセリフ回しがしっかりしていないと、グダグダになってしまうんです。そうならないように台本を熟読して、撮影現場でも監督さんと相談を重ねました。取調べのシーンは、韓国の視聴者の皆さんにもとても好評だったので、全力を尽くした甲斐がありましたね。

「イム・ジヨンさんとは相性バッチリ」

――シオンとのスキンシップシーンに胸キュンする女性視聴者も多かったと思うのですが、イム・ジヨンさんとの演技の相性はいかがでしたか?

RAIN:ジヨンさんは全力で一生懸命頑張る女優さんなので、息の合った演技ができましたし、彼女だけでなく、他の出演者の皆さんも素晴らしい演技だったので、全員相性バッチリでしたね。

――ジェサンがシオンの先輩であり捜査パートナーであるク・ドンテクに嫉妬する姿も面白かったですが、ドンテク役のクァク・シヤンさんとの初共演はいかがでしたか?

RAIN:クァク・シヤン君は、すごくセンスがいいんですよ。心構えっていうのかな? 何事に対しても臨む姿勢が素晴らしい子なので、撮影現場で一緒にアドリブを考えるたびにしっかりとついて来てくれたんです。演技も上手な役者さんなので彼のおかげで、むしろ私のほうが気楽に演じることができたように思います。

――撮影現場の雰囲気はいかがでしたか? 撮影しながら、記憶に残る面白いエピソードなどがあれば教えてください。

RAIN:いつも楽しく撮影していたので、何か1つを選ぶのは難しいですね……。私の記憶力が悪いせいか……。毎回、楽しかったことしか思い出せないです(笑)。

――撮影現場のムードメーカー的存在は?

RAIN:私です! 私は雰囲気を作るのが得意なんですよ。

――みんなにご馳走してあげたりも?

RAIN:たくさん奢りましたね(笑)。なぜ撮影現場の雰囲気が良かったのか……、なぜ演技の相性がばっちりだったのか……、それは私がご馳走してあげたからです!

――RAINさんの心に残る名場面や名セリフは?

RAIN:この言葉は、受け取り方によっては酷い言葉になってしまうのですが……。1~2話に、ジェサンをもじって“俺はイ・ジェシャン(※シャン=教養がなく無礼な男を罵る言葉)だ”というセリフがあります。韓国では、非人道的だったり詐欺師など、人としてダメな姿が強調された場合、“ヤンアチ(※ヤンアチ=チンピラ)”と言うんですが……。

“イ・ジェシャン”は、フォーマルな姿をした弁護士と、そのヤンアチを合わせた雰囲気を一言で表現する、強烈なセリフだと思うんです。この役をどう演じようかと、私が役柄をさらに研究するように仕向けてくれた言葉なので、一番記憶に残っていますね。それから、もう1つ“ウェルカム2ライフ”も! この2つのセリフがお気に入りのセリフです。

――「ウェルカム2ライフ」で、また新たな姿を披露してくれたRAINさんですが、今作で一番に思い浮かぶことは何ですか?

RAIN:一番に思い浮かぶことは“ハード”ですね。本当に大変で苦労しながら撮影をしたおかげで、出演者、スタッフ全員がたくさん成長しながら、幸せを感じられた作品なのではないかなぁと思います。

日本といえば?「ラーメン&お寿司…ド定番の東京タワーも大好き」

――日本に来たら行くところやおすすめスポットはありますか?

RAIN:日本に行くと、ラーメン屋さんとお寿司屋さんには絶対に行きます。お仕事で行っていても、幸せなグルメ旅行をしているような気分になりますね。それから、表参道から原宿の端まで歩くんです。そうすると、“あぁ日本に来たなぁ”という感じがしてワクワクするんですよ。ド定番かもしれませんが、東京タワーも大好きです。

――元SISTAR ソユ(SOYOU)さんとコラボ曲「始めようか、私」をリリースされ、話題を集めていましたね。“コラボの女王”と呼ばれるソユさんとの作業はいかがでしたか?

RAIN:ソユさんは私が大好きなアーティストなんです。一緒にデュエット曲を歌ってみて、やっぱり魅力的な声を持った方だなぁと再認識しましたね。すごくリラックスしながら作業することができました。

――最近よく聞く音楽や気になるアーティストはいますか?

RAIN:ビリー・アイリッシュさんの歌をよく聴いてます。

――変わらず筋肉美を誇るRAINさんですが、体型キープの秘訣はなんですか?

RAIN:最近は、筋肉美よりも体型をキープをするように頑張っています。食べる量に対して、この体型を保つのは本当に大変なんですよ。私は、1日に4~5回くらい分けて食事をするのですが、この体をキープするために自分との終わりなき戦いをしなければならないんです。ですので、前日にたくさん食べてしまったなぁと感じたら、必ず朝から運動をするなど、常に自分と戦っています。

――今後の活動計画について、教えてください。

RAIN:今はオフをいただいていますが、来年にはまた役者として活動する予定です。それから、アルバム制作の計画も立てていますね。ドラマや映画などで、次はいつお目にかかれるかは分かりませんが、役者としての新たな姿をご覧いただけるように努力していきます!

Spoiler

Photos: 2019 U.S.-Asia Entertainment Summit & Game Changer Awards Dinner

Boldface names and behind-the-scenes industry leaders gathered for Asia Society's U.S.-Asia Entertainment Summit in Los Angeles on Tuesday. This was the 10th iteration of the high-level conference, and the first under a new banner; previously the event had been known as the U.S.-China Film Summit. The change reflects a proliferation of platforms beyond film, and the growth in media collaborations with other Asian nations — Korea, Japan, India and others.

The conference and an evening Entertainment Game Changer Awards ceremony were held at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. Honorees at the evening event included Zhang, Wang, Weis, and the Korean singer/songwriter Jung Ji-Hoon, also known as The Rain.

191107_asscsummit14.jpg?itok=U4bhcBTp

191107_asscsummit9.jpg?itok=sJ3PQAK4

75247323_2557066341052625_21117985084942

Spoiler

74427119_2557066387719287_45991220751504

76216444_2557066431052616_80277851990078

74596455_2557066501052609_54768036629048

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Asia Society / Raincloud10

https://asiasociety.org/southern-california/photos-2019-us-asia-entertainment-summit-game-changer-awards-dinner

Spoiler

*** “Welcome 2 Life” First broadcast in Japan will be on Thursday, November 21st at CS Satellite Station "Satellite Theater"!
Weekly (Thursday) 11: 00 ~ 1:30 * 2 episodes broadcast continuously
Rebroadcast: will be at 1:30 to 4:00 after the next week (November 27-Wednesday) * 2 episodes broadcast continuously

Starring: RAIN (Bi), Lim Ji-yeon, Kwak Si-yang
Director: Kim Keun-hong
Screenplay: Yoo Hee Gyeong
2019 / Korea MBC / 32 episodes

35 Korean Dramas You Subconsciously Watch When You Are Feeling Down

Heart-fluttering Korean Romance dramas are as good as sweets and ice cream!

Survey says that a true K-drama fan has a saved list of comfort dramas, kept on all devices. When the going gets tough, those drama pills are summoned from its virtual location to cure its owner.

There are dramas that you watch as a yearly tradition or when you need to clear excess thoughts or emotions. Whether you are a nube or you have been watching on a regular basis, you have a special go-to drama list that you rely on. Especially at times when the currently airing dramas do not fit your palate.

Although a plethora of interesting genres have graced kdramaland through the years, romance stories remain to be the perennial favorites to satisfy your cravings.

The sighs, swoons, squeals, and the wish-we-can-be-those-lead-girl-moments are unexplained therapeutic stress pills that have sustained K-drama following. Fan service series maintains its popularity owing to its iconic sweet scenes and memorable love stories.

Sometimes, the heart-fluttering moments even spur a free pass for audience to forego bad plot as long as regular doses of bickering and saccharine frames are generously distributed each episode.

There are a lot of reasons why we love these kind of dramas. But it all boils down to its addictive drive that puts us on trance to watch it over and over again, without getting tired of it.

Here are some of the best comfort K-Dramas to brighten up your somber mood.

2. Full House (Rain and Song Hye Kyo)

Full House

The story of an aspiring scriptwriter and a famous actor who were forced to live in one house is a classic cohabitation plus contract marriage plot. It remains unmatched with its bickering scenes and eventual falling in love moments.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : HelloKpop

6 World-Class K-Pop Stars That Yang Hyun Suk Denied From YG Entertainment

They all auditioned for YG, but failed.

In a teaser for YG Entertainment‘s boy group survival show YG Treasure Box, Yang Hyun Suk revealed 6 of K-Pop’s most successful and popular artists that he denied from the company.

1. Rain

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/HQsl9ngbkiKgzVhUsMBHBqxFuQOMd74_4H91oRkMtdF4VDmssDssW2sRggcZxxeHpo8f3xzNvLAwRKDGAcXBnruVYwqC5Xul=w38nu-r

Yang Hyun Suk said Rain auditioned for YG Entertainment, but was not accepted.

Rain ended up debuting with JYP Entertainment and went on to become on of Asia’s biggest stars ever,

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

*** Below is the Magic Show Trendy Man Group promotion posters about their summit to be held in Sanya, China from 29 November to 1 December . It's reported that Rain will appear at the summit. IDK if this is true - wait & see............. :P

76760062_2582232775202648_91526347887780

74407473_2582232841869308_74053201156940

74529527_2582232888535970_87986489014112

74232789_2582232948535964_54977192216284

credit : Raincloud10

Here’s What 20 Of Today’s Biggest K-Drama Stars Look Like In Their First Roles Vs. Their Latest Roles

From their first roles to their latest.

9. Rain

Debut role: 2003, on Sang Doo! Let’s Go To School as Cha Sang Doo

rain 1

Latest role: 2019, on Welcome 2 Life as Lee Jae Sang

welcome2life-blog-thumb

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo