Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

“Welcome 2 Life” Continues To Lead Monday-Tuesday Dramas With Increased Ratings

bac1259590ad448cae18ca23a4c04f18.jpeg?s=

All of this week’s Monday-Tuesday dramas increased in ratings on Tuesday!

MBC’s “Welcome 2 Life,” which took No. 1 in its time slot right out of the gate Monday, maintained its lead, recording 5.3 and 6.8 percent viewership for its latest episodes. KBS2’s “I Wanna Hear Your Song” also saw more people tuning in on day two, with 2.8 and 4 percent. SBS’s “Everything and Nothing” achieved 2.7 and 3 percent ratings.

In cable broadcasting, JTBC’s “Moments of 18” held steady with a small increase to 3.5 percent.

Watch “Welcome 2 Life,” starring Rain and Lim Ji Yeon:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

Watch Korean Series "Welcome 2 Life" Thai Sub

DoctorJohnEP05EP06.mp4_snapshot_00.56.26

Title: 웰컴 2 라이프 / Welcome 2 Life
Other names: Living Two Lives Anyway
Category: Fantasy Romance/Investigative
Episode: 32 (2 EPs per day)
TV station: MBC
Airtime: August 5 - September 24, 2019
Time: Monday - Tuesday, 855pm KST

Synopsis

-        It is a drama about a skilled lawyer who enters a parallel world after getting into an unfortunate accident. It is a fantasy drama that will tell the story about a selfish lawyer who helps people who want to take advantage of the law. One day he gets sucked into a parallel universe due to an unfortunate accident and begins to live a completely new life as an upright prosecutor.

-        The drama series will have Rain playing Lee Jae-Sang. A car accident causes him to go into a parallel world where he is married to Ra Shi-On played by Lim Ji-Yeon. In the world where he came from, Lee Jae-Sang and Ra Shi-On broke up 10 years earlier.

Main actors :

Rain as Lee Jae Sang
Lim Jiyeon
as Ra Si-on
Kwak Si Yang  as Goo Dong-tae

Supporting

Hong Jin-gi as Moon Ji-ho

Park Shin-ah as Ha Min-hee

Im Sung-jae as Yang Go-woon

Jang So-yeon as Bang Young-suk

Son Byung-ho as Jang Doo-sik

Kim Joong-ki as Park Gi-beom

Welcome 2 Life Sub Thai Ep.1 + 2  (available)

Welcome 2 Life Sub Thai Ep.3 + 4 (August 7/8)

credit : Rain Cloud Thailand

https://www.kseries.tv/welcome-2-life/?fbclid=IwAR35CDMAED79bZgUF-POl9I6mIR2-L4PiR9eDQT89ZdSVATnauHJmzCCG5M

Rain Talks About Kim Tae Hee’s Support For “Welcome 2 Life” And Chemistry With Co-Star Im Ji Yeon

bc38dbbf4f4d4cc589ca222ee4a7fff5.jpeg?s=

During the press conference for MBC’s “Welcome 2 Life,” Rain talked about support from his wife Kim Tae Hee and chemistry with co-star Im Ji Yeon.

“Welcome 2 Life” is a romantic comedy about Lee Jae Sang (played by Rain), a selfish lawyer who gets sucked into a parallel universe because of an accident and starts living a new life as an upright prosecutor. In this world, Ra Si On (played by Im Ji Yeon) — his ex-girlfriend in the current world — is his wife.

When asked about how Kim Tae Hee reacted to his new drama, he answered while laughing, “I think this will make more of a headline than the drama. She is very supportive of me.”

Rain also praised Im Ji Yeon, saying, “I was really surprised by Im Ji Yeon. I’ve never seen an actor so thoroughly prepared. I haven’t seen her make mistakes with her lines very often, and I’m always grateful for her great ability to lead the set. Thanks to her, I’m able to do all the ad-libs I want. We have great teamwork.”

welcome-2-life2.jpg

In addition to having good chemistry with Im Ji Yeon, Rain also gets along well with the director and crew members. He shared, “I debuted in 2003 with my first drama on KBS. I had constantly worked with different broadcasting companies, and now I’m working with the MBC staff and director for the first time. I didn’t know I would fit so well with MBC. We have such great teamwork that I wonder why I didn’t work with MBC earlier. I talk with the director about a variety of things and create a fun set. After receiving the script, I wanted to show another side of Jung Ji Hoon (Rain’s real name) by showing even one simple expression that I’ve never done. I’ve discussed it with the director steadily, so I think we’ll be able to see another side of Jung Ji Hoon. I think it’s very difficult to act as a lawyer, a prosecutor, the father of a child, and a single man. But the director and the actors are leading me well, so I’m gratefully working hard while filming.”

Rain also discussed his new character. He said, “He is living two lives. The first is a lawyer who works for money and honor, and in another world, he is a prosecutor who protects justice. To put it in perspective, our drama is a ‘multiplayer’ with elements of crime thrillers and even romantic comedies. It’s a light and fun drama to watch on a summer night. It’s hard to express the character, but I’m trying my best to make a great drama with the director.”

rain.jpg

“Welcome 2 Life” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 8:55 p.m. KST.

Start watching the drama on Viki below!

Watch Now

Sources (1) (2) / soompi news

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

[HanCinema's News] "Welcome 2 Life" Marks Return of Rain to South Korean Dramas

photo1089242.jpg

Rain made his first big appearance as an actor in the 2004 drama "Full House". At the time this was seen as mainly being a tie-in for his musical career. But in recent years Rain has been more aggressive in pursuing acting projects. First with "Please Come Back, Mister", then "Sketch - Drama", and now "Welcome 2 Life", which just had its first episode premiere on August 5th.

Rain's determination to succeed in this field is somewhat surprising, given the lukewarm responses to his acting ability as of late. The film "Race to Freedom: Um Bok Dong" was a particularly sore spot for the famed singer. The Occupation era epic about a Korean bicycle athlete severely underperformed at the South Korean box office. Rain's inadequacies as an actor were frequently cited for the movie's bad performance.

But he's in more familiar territory with "Welcome 2 Life", a fantasy story about an ace lawyer who has to rebuild his life from a parallel world. It's hard not to see the parallels with Rain's own career. He, like his character, has been stuck in a bit of a slump and has to struggle to escape.

Time will tell if "Welcome 2 Life" will be the acting comeback Rain has been hoping for - a throwback to the praise of his career as a younger man. So far, the drama's ratings, while not exceptional, are at least competitive with other dramas in the same time slot.

Written by William Schwartz

"Welcome 2 Life" is directed by Kim Geun-hong, Shim Soo-yeon, written by Yoo Hee-kyeong, and features Rain, Lim Ji-yeon, Kwak Si-yang, Han Sang-jin, Hong Jin-gi, Park Shin-ah. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/08/05~Now airing, Mon, Tue 21:00 on MBC.

Premiere Watch: Let Me Hear Your Song, Welcome 2 Life, Be Melodramatic

premwatch_letmehear.jpg

The July drama rush is over, and we’re starting off August with just three new dramas. With the pace of premieres slowing down, it gives us a chance to take a breather between each new show. Two of this week’s new premieres are an interesting mashup of several dramas (thriller-rom-com, fantasy-legal-rom-com) while our last premiere of the week is a take on adulthood very much rooted in reality.

Welcome 2 Life

premwatch_letmehear3.jpg

Time slot: Monday & Tuesday
Broadcaster: MBC
Genre: Fantasy, legal, rom-com, investigative
Episode count: 32 episodes

Reasons to watch: Rain stars as a man who falls into a parallel universe and must adjust to living in this alternate world while trying to figure out how to get back to the “real” world. In his original world, he was a powerful private attorney who really just cared about himself. In his new life, he finds that he’s a prosecutor and married father of one. The kicker? His wife, Im Ji-yeon, was his ex-girlfirend in the other universe. She is a police detective in both universes, though her life with Prosecutor Rain seems to have made her a more cheerful person than in the other universe where she dated Conceited Attorney Rain. Kwak Shi-yang plays her detective sunbae and partner, and interesting, unlike Rain, he seems to be able to actually travel between the alternate realities. While this makes me want to jump to conclusions (he’s a baddie!), it also makes for a whole range of interesting possibilities should Rain team up with Kwak. The drama is set to pose some questions about the paths people choose in life and what ultimately matters the most in leading a fulfilling life.

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/08/premiere-watch-let-me-hear-your-song-welcome-2-life-melo-suits-me/

What to expect at the Premiere of "Welcome 2 Life"

welcome-2-life.jpg

Here are four points to look out for during its premiere!

The opening of a parallel world

Welcome 2 Life will take you to a new world or a parallel universe that shifts at the same time and event as the present world. Rain plays a selfish lawyer but when he got sucked in a parallel universe because of an accident, he becomes a good lawyer. His ex-girlfriend in the current world becomes his wife in the parallel world. Rain will try to live a completely opposite life.

A drama that combines mystery, investigation, and comedy

"Welcome 2 Life" will combine mystery, a mind-blowing investigation, and comedy. It will show how a lawyer's life will drastically change from an evil lawyer to a kind-hearted lawyer inside the parallel universe. He will have a quirky relationship with his ex-girlfriend that will soon turn into comedy. The serious sides of the drama will occur when they begin investigating the mysterious incidents. 

Great acting from the cast

Viewers of this drama will exceed their expectations for the passionate acting of the cast. Rain will show his versatility for switching roles or a selfish lawyer and an upright lawyer. He will also showcase his comedic acting when he felt confused in his brand new life.

Rain's co-stars will also show their best acting performances. Lim Ji Yeon is a detective in the present world and an optimistic working mother in another world. Kwak Si Yang plays a senior in Violent Crimes unit who is very charismatic in the present world and very affectionate on the other.

The supporting cast will not let you down too. Son Byung Ho, Han Sang Jin, and Kim Joong will participate in corruption and evasion of the law for reputation and power. While, Park Won Sang, Jang So Yeon, Park Shin Ah, Im Sung Jae, Hong Jin Ki, and more are part of the Special Investigation Headquarters who team up to uncover the mysteries of the worlds.

Cinematography and storyline with breathtaking cliff-hangers

"Welcome 2 Life" has amazing cinematography and a heartwarming story that will capture the attention of viewers. The scene where Rain is sucked into the alternate universe will bring mixed emotions and the twists will make the viewers bite their nails. The collaboration of writer Yoo Hee Kyung and director Kim Geun made the cast successfully display their emotions and make the storyline very interesting.

"'From a genre aspect, 'Welcome 2 Life' is a romantic comedy and investigative drama that leaves no room for rest. I believe it will be an excellent drama to enjoy during this hot summer with its dual charms of light and sweet comedy and chilling suspense. The message stems from the love and growth of the characters through the events they experience. Please show lots of support for the characters as their experience change and development with each episode", said Writer Yoo Hee Kyung.

© Copyright 2017 KpopStarz.com. All Rights Reserved.

welcome 2 life holds press conference

l201908053983353010131678022.jpg

Welcome 2 Life held its press conference on August 5 ahead of its premiere in the evening on MBC. Fatherhood and marriage must be working well for Rain because he looks so young and radiant! Love his electric blue suit and stylish haircut. His fellow male co- stars looked pretty spiffy too. Im Ji Yeon’s white dress was a little bland but her co-stars colleagues more than made up for it.

201908051605776595_5d47d99378c8019417970

2019080515000473440_15742563817926205037

60a1450bf3a64aa2822f100f6331a2a547130895

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/08/05/welcome-2-life-holds-press-conference/

Rain talks about his new series "Welcome 2 Life" and the great support from Kim Tae Hee

news-full-111667.jpg

During the press conference of the new MBC series, "Welcome 2 Life", actor Rain talked about the support from his wife, Kim Tae Hee and revealed the chemistry between his co-star Im Ji Yeon. 

Welcome 2 Life" is a romantic comedy/investigative series about Lee Jae Sang played by Rain, a self-centered lawyer who helps people who want to take advantage of the law. One day he gets sucked into a parallel universe due to an unfortunate accident and begins to live a completely new life as an upright prosecutor and he also had a wife, Ra Si On, played by Im Ji Yeon. In the current world, she is the ex-girlfriend of Lee Jae Sang. In the parallel world, she is a loving mother and the wife of a nice, upstanding Lee Jae Sang.

When asked how Kim Tae Hee reacted to his new series, the actor responded while laughing "I think this will be more talked about than the series. She is very supportive to me. "

Rain also admired and all praises for Im Ji Yeon's performance. "I was surprised by Im Ji Yeon. I have never seen any actors who are well-prepared. She never made mistakes with her lines. And he has leadership on the set. We have great teamwork. "

welcome-2-life2.jpg

And Rain also talked about working with MBC. "I debuted in 2003, my first series that was played by KBS and this is the first time I have worked with MBC. I didn't think that I will get along well with MBC staff. and now I’m working with them and director for the first time. I talk with the director about a variety of things and we hhave a very good teamwork. When I first received this script I have to show another side of Jung Ji Hoon. (Rain's real name). I think it is difficult to act as a lawyer, a father and single man.  But the director and actors work hard to lead me well." 

He also mentioned the role he played. "I am acting 2 lives. The first one I have to play a lawyer who's working for money and honor. As for the other world, I play as a prosecutor who protects justice. In addition, the story has elements of crime thrillers with a romantic comedy. It is a series that's fun & pleasing to watch. It's a difficult role but I will try to make it the best. "

Welcome 2 Life airs every Monday and Tuesday at 8:55 pm KST. 

credit : POPCORNFOR2.COM

http://popcornfor2.com/content/-news-111667

เรน (Rain) พูดถึงผลงานซีรีส์เรื่องใหม่ “ Welcome 2 Life” และกล่าวถึงการสนับสนุนดีๆ จาก คิมแตฮี (Kim Tae Hee)

ในระหว่างการแถลงข่าวซีรีส์เรื่องใหม่ Welcome 2 Life ช่อง MBC นักแสดงหนุ่ม เรน (Rain) ได้กล่าวถึงการสนับสนุนจากภรรยาของเขาเอง คิมแตฮี (Kim Tae Hee) และเผยเคมีระหว่างนักแสดงสาว อิมจีวอน (Im Ji Yeon)

“Welcome 2 Life” เป็นซีรีส์แนวโรแมนติก เกี่ยวกับ อีแจซอง รับบทโดย เรน ทนายความที่มีนิสัยเห็นแก่ตัว ได้ถูกดูดเข้าไปในจักรวาลคู่ขนาน เนื่องจากอุบัติเหตุ ทำให้ในโลกใหม่ เขาต้องใช้ชีวิตในฐานะอัยการ ที่ซื่อตรง  อีกทั้งเขายังมีภรรยาสาว ราซีออน รับบทโดย อิมจีวอน ซึ่งเป็นอดีตแฟนสาวในโลกปัจจุบัน แต่กลายมาเป็นภรรยาของเขาในโลกนี้แทน

เมื่อถูกถามว่า คิมแตฮี มีปฏิกิริยาอย่างไรกับซีรีส์เรื่องใหม่ของเขา นักแสดงหนุ่มตอบไปหัวเราะไปว่า “หัวข้อนี้น่าจะพูดถึงกว่าซีรีส์เรื่องนี้นะ เธอให้การสนับสนุนผมดีมากครับ”

อีกทั้งเรนยังชื่นชมการแสดงของอิมจีวอน “ผมรู้สึกประหลาดใจกับอิมจีวอน ผมเองยังไม่เคยเห็นนักแสดงคนไหนเตรียมตัวอย่างเต็มที่มาก่อน เธอไม่เคยแสดงผิดพลาด และยังมีความเป็นผู้นำ เรามีทีมเวิร์คที่ยอดเยี่ยม”

และเรนเองยังได้พูดถึงการทำงานกับช่อง MBC “ผมเดบิวต์เมื่อปี 2003 ซีรีส์เรื่องแรกที่เล่นเป็นของ KBS และครั้งนี้เป็นครั้งแรกที่ผมได้ร่วมงานกับช่อง MBC ผมไม่นึกว่าเราจะเข้ากันได้ดี  ผู้กำกับกับผมเรามีทีมเวิร์คที่ดีมาก ตอนแรกที่ผมได้รับสคริปท์บทนี้ ผมต้องแสดงเป็นจองจีฮุน (ชื่อจริงของเรน) ที่มีบุคลิกนิ่งๆ ซึ่งผมคิดว่ามันยากที่ต้องทำหน้าที่เป็นทั้งทนายความ พ่อของเด็กและชายโสด แต่ผู้กำกับและนักแสดงต่างทำงานอย่างหนักเพื่อให้บทบาทนี้ผ่านไปได้ครับ”

ทั้งนี้เขายังได้กล่าวถึงบทบาทที่เขารับเล่น “ผมแสดงเป็น 2 บุคคล ใน 2 โลก คนแรกต้องเล่นเป็นทนายที่ทำงานเพื่อหวังเงินอย่างเดียวและต้องการมีเกียรติยศ ส่วนอีกโลกเขาเล่นเป็นอัยการเพื่อปกป้องความยุติธรรม  นอกจากนี้ในเรื่องยังมีเรื่องราวของอาชญากรรมระทึกขวัญปนกับคอเมดี้โรแมนติก เป็นอีกซีรีส์ที่ดูเพลิน และมีบทบาทที่ยากพอสมควร แต่ผมจะพยายามเพื่อให้ออกมาสมบูรณ์แบบ”

Welcome 2 Life ออกอาการทุกวันจันทร์และวันอังคารเวลา 20:55 น. (ตามเวลาเกาหลี)

[HanCinema's News] Rain and Lim Ji-yeon Praised for Strong Chemistry on "Welcome 2 Life"

photo1089402.jpg

"Welcome 2 Life" has attracted strong positive attention for the chemistry between its leads. In the drama Rain plays Jae-sang and Lim Ji-yeon Si-on, ex-lovers and law professionals who have become bitter rivals at court. But once the drama's fantasy conceit kicks in, we also see an alternate version of the couple that never split up and is raising a daughter together.

Viewers of the drama have been impressed both by how effectively the actors have conveyed the sexual tension of ex-lovers and also at how this dynamic is similarly plausibly explored in the context of a successful loving relationship. Of particular note is how both characters have dominant personalities. To make the relationship work, Rain's character has to take on the passive role in the relationship, doing domestic work while his wife continues at her job.

This intriguing twist to the antagonistic lovers archetype coupled with the strong chemistry and overall concept of the drama is improving the position of "Welcome 2 Life". At this rate it seems likely the drama will at minimum outperform Rain's other more recent work in terms of ratings and reception, although this is a low bar to clear.

Written by William Schwartz

"Welcome 2 Life" is directed by Kim Geun-hong, Shim Soo-yeon, written by Yoo Hee-kyeong, and features Rain, Lim Ji-yeon, Kwak Si-yang, Han Sang-jin, Hong Jin-gi, Park Shin-ah. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/08/05~Now airing, Mon, Tue 21:00 on MBC.

KBS, MBC, SBS to cut down on TV series production

Three major television broadcasts ― KBS, MBC, SBS ― are poised to stop airing primetime TV series for Mondays and Tuesday nights, due to fiscal deficits.

Monday from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. has been considered the primetime slot for TV series for decades. However, the fiscal deficit had led the top three major broadcasters' decision to let go of primetime series production to find alternative programs to lessen their financial burden.

MBC was the first to announce the plan to scrap TV series for the Monday and Tuesday primetime slots. Its first attempt to avoid the primetime TV series competition came with adjusting the TV listings and airing their drama an hour before the regular time slot, starting in May. The investigative journalism program "Straight," and "Truestory" has been replacing the weekend 11 p.m. time slot.

Last month, the network revealed that it will no longer air TV dramas on Mondays and Tuesdays, ending with the drama "Welcome 2 Life," which started to air Monday.

The decision to cut down on TV series production comes from the networks attempt to survive through the enormous financial deficits they are facing.

The operating loss for MBC last year was 123.7 billion won ($102 million) which is 80.6 billion won ($ 66 million) higher than the previous year.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Times

what is a life worth living…

w2l.jpg?w=620

I checked out Welcome 2 Life out of curiosity and I gotta say it is one of Rain’s better dramas in a long while. Well, it is too early to comment really but I was eagerly waiting for Episode 2 after watching the first one. The theme is not uncommon in dramaland since there have been plenty about alternate, parallel worlds – What if you have lived your life differently? What if you had made different decisions? What if you could live your life differently? What if you could make different choices?

The first two ( technically four) episodes drove home the point that what you truly value in life matters but sometimes, we get derailed and distracted from our path by ambition, greed and wealth. Rain’s character, Lee Jae Sang, is one such individual. He realises a tad too late that life is not about chasing success… but he gets a second chance when he is hurtled into an alternate, parallel world where he gets to right the wrongs he committed in a case and save the life of a young woman he had failed to save in the real world.

Jae Sang’s reflections of his real life as he lives his parallel life in a just, righteous manner is what evoke thought and meaning. He gets to experience what he is missing in his real life – a happy family with a loving wife, defending the weak and wronged, and living a honest, upright life. He would have been able to return a daughter to a father alive and well instead of a bloody corpse. It hits him full force the impact and consequences of his actions and decisions when he experiences in his parallel life what could have happened if he had done right in his real life.

Also, I really liked how Jae Sang used his “insider” knowledge gained from his real life to handle the baddies in his parallel life. He maiximises his intelligence and wit to beat them, which is true to his character… only that he was using his brains to work for the rich and corrupted in the real world.

All in all, a good start to the drama. And it’s great seeing Rain portraying such an interesting character.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/08/08/what-is-a-life-worth-living/

Rain Finds Himself In A Hilariously Painful Alternate Reality In New Drama “Welcome 2 Life”

4b889c0d948c47d7a6f7c957a1099ad2.jpeg?s=

MBC’s new drama “Welcome 2 Life” has shared an amusing sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

“Welcome 2 Life,” which premiered at the top of its time slot last week, is a new romantic comedy about a selfish lawyer named Lee Jae Sang (played by Rain), who gets sucked into a parallel universe after an accident and finds himself transformed into an upright prosecutor.

On August 9, the drama unveiled hilarious new stills of Lee Jae Sang adjusting to life in his alternate reality. Although the first photo shows prosecutor Lee Jae Sang looking serious as he begins a formal questioning, he quickly finds himself caught between an angry man and woman, both of whom have grabbed him by his hair.

Rain1.jpgWelcome-2-Life-2.jpg

Just when Lee Jae Sang thinks he’s finally escaped the pain and humiliation of being dragged around by his hair, the other man triumphantly grabs him by the hair once again—this time from behind—while wearing a gleeful expression.

Welcome-2-Life-3.jpg

To find out how exactly Lee Jae Sang finds himself caught up in such a painful ordeal, tune in to the next episode of “Welcome 2 Life” on August 12 at 8:55 p.m. KST!

In the meantime, you can catch up on the latest episode of the drama below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news