Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

For Your Viewing Pleasure: On White

Welcome back to another installment of For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take time out of the week to curate a set of photos from the K-pop landscape.

White might seem like a boring choice, or even a colour some might avoid because of the inconvenience it brings. White items are easily stained and often brings out an image of overwhelming innocence. Those going for an edgier look might not seek white. However, the colour proves to be far more versatile, as long as one knows how to change it up with a variety of materials, textures, and accessories.

Lee Sung-kyung‘s white denim jacket clearer brings out personality, whereas Rain and Lee Ha-nui both opt for tight-fitting basic white tops to allure. Going beyond the conventional notions of purity that comes with the colour white, this selection of photos express the diversity that white can bring if one has the imagination to tap on.

20190319_seoulbeats_rain_1stlook.jpg

source : seoulbeats

• Like 1

190318 Fancam - Rain @ Movie ""(Money) VIP Preview @ COEX Megabox

5 hours ago, willenette said:

*** TODAY, March 22 Z-Pop Dream concert will be aired on KBS World TV at 740pm KST.  And……..the movie “Uhmbok-dong” will be released in Vietnam.   :lol:

Indeed, let's hope that turnout at cinemas will be good for this movie. On 20 March Lotte Cinema organised a VIP Premiere:

5 minutes ago, hnfragile said:

190318 Fancam - Rain @ Movie ""(Money) VIP Preview @ COEX Megabox

Indeed, let's hope that turnout at cinemas will be good for this movie. On 20 March Lotte Cinema organised a VIP Premiere:

Hi hnfragile, I've seen this video during Money VIP premier many times but can't spot RAIN here - hahaha - I guess my eyes are failing me this time again. Wait & see for any news about Vietnam release of the movie. I hope it will do well..... :) Thanks for sharing about the VIP premier held this week there + the pictures. :lol:

1 hour ago, willenette said:

Hi hnfragile, I've seen this video during Money VIP premier many times but can't spot RAIN here - hahaha - I guess my eyes are failing me this time again. Wait & see for any news about Vietnam release of the movie. I hope it will do well..... :) Thanks for sharing about the VIP premier held this week there + the pictures. :lol:

Oh, he had his orange "I left my heart in San Francisco" cap on, between 00h00m10s and 00h00m12s, just very quick :)right before Lee Jung Jae. Rain looked quite relaxed and was talking to the guy on his right.

25 minutes ago, hnfragile said:

Oh, he had his orange "I left my heart in San Francisco" cap on, between 00h00m10s and 00h00m12s, just very quick :)right before Lee Jung Jae. Rain looked quite relaxed and was talking to the guy on his right.

hnfragile, hahaha - there he is! Thanks dear. He looks so boyish, that's why! :lol: I guess he attended this VIP premier to show support to both of his drama co-stars : Son Jong-Hak who was in the drama "Sketch" & Daniel Henney who's in cameo in the movie who was in the drama "The Fugitive Plan B with him. :P

11 minutes ago, willenette said:

hnfragile, hahaha - there he is! Thanks dear. He looks so boyish, that's why! :lol: I guess he attended this VIP premier to show support to both of his drama co-stars : Son Jong-Hak who was in the drama "Sketch" & Daniel Henney who's in cameo in the movie who was in the drama "The Fugitive Plan B with him. :P

True that, Rain looked so young and fresh in that short clip, I sorta feel happy to see him that relaxed and smiling. I didn't notice that "Prosecutor Park" of "Sketch" is in "Money" :)

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 11:27 PM, sky5joyous said:

Hi sky5joyous, thanks for sharing MORE videos on the recent movie. Here are MORE captures : :P

55549604_299941207317790_206086038963722

54519977_299941540651090_512469306992859

54522353_299941853984392_711255143657924

Spoiler

55485148_299941553984422_156680437452347

54436036_299942913984286_765343072129751

54525817_299942943984283_516833424550815

54514527_299943517317559_468610270915198

54394381_299943110650933_664330742176468

54519538_299941910651053_644009466481187

54522135_299941950651049_350714286652889

55589279_299943620650882_168429258213530

54421974_299943643984213_595053759787591

54728176_299943170650927_930100937752576

credit : Rain Cloud Thailand

Spoiler

• Like 2

10 Older Romance K-Dramas That You Need To See

It feels like just yesterday I was watching these K-dramas as a kid, which are now referred to as “older K-dramas.”

It’s easy to get excited and sucked into the dramatic world of K-dramas these days, but there are lots of K-dramas from way back when that can be thoroughly enjoyed today. Here’s a look at 10 of those older K-dramas that you should definitely give a watch!

Full House

full-house.jpg

“Full House” stars a young Song Hye Kyo as Han Ji Eun and Rain as Lee Young Jae in this classic love story between a famous star and normal woman. The two decide to have a contract marriage while living in the same house. Although they’re technically married, they can’t stand each other. They eventually learn to coexist and start to develop feelings as they come to realize they can’t live without the other.

This adorable love story will have you longing for a similar romance to Ji Eun and Young Jae’s. Their love-hate relationship is heart-fluttering to see even though Young Jae can be mean at times. Their budding romance gives off serious chemistry, and you’ll also appreciate the aegyo Song Hye Kyo has in the series!

Here’s a glimpse:

Watch “Full House”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

***Lucky this IGier who's able to have a picture with RAIN. She said in the message that RAIN was with his Manager & she asked him if she could take a photo with RAIN  but he said sorry in a nice way.  RAIN heard it & said it's OK & said yes. :P

Via Twitter @hcyang0115 / Rain Cloud Thailand

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 5:20 PM, willenette said:

10 Older Romance K-Dramas That You Need To See

It feels like just yesterday I was watching these K-dramas as a kid, which are now referred to as “older K-dramas.”

It’s easy to get excited and sucked into the dramatic world of K-dramas these days, but there are lots of K-dramas from way back when that can be thoroughly enjoyed today. Here’s a look at 10 of those older K-dramas that you should definitely give a watch!

Full House

“Full House” stars a young Song Hye Kyo as Han Ji Eun and Rain as Lee Young Jae in this classic love story between a famous star and normal woman. The two decide to have a contract marriage while living in the same house. Although they’re technically married, they can’t stand each other. They eventually learn to coexist and start to develop feelings as they come to realize they can’t live without the other.

This adorable love story will have you longing for a similar romance to Ji Eun and Young Jae’s. Their love-hate relationship is heart-fluttering to see even though Young Jae can be mean at times. Their budding romance gives off serious chemistry, and you’ll also appreciate the aegyo Song Hye Kyo has in the series!

Here’s a glimpse:

Watch “Full House”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

KBS World on youtube has been airing Full House with Eng sub for a long time (and Fugitive: Plan B, too).

• Love 1

Google Translate doesn’t work that well to interpret from Korean to English, but I trust the translation of these sentences at the end of the article:

He still looks like a lion. It is not a hungry young lion Simba, but Mufasa, who saves Savannah.”

Yes, that’s how I perceive him now, too.

(… the article ended like that because in the beginning, the reporter recalled how JYP described the teenager Jung Ji Hoon, who auditioned at JYPE 19 years ago, as “a lion just before starvation”…)

Though I have to rely on Google Translate for now, I like this article, hope to find a good English translation of it.

https://topclass.chosun.com/board/view.asp?catecode=L&tnu=201904100013

13 hours ago, hnfragile said:

Google Translate doesn’t work that well to interpret from Korean to English, but I trust the translation of these sentences at the end of the article:

He still looks like a lion. It is not a hungry young lion Simba, but Mufasa, who saves Savannah.”

Yes, that’s how I perceive him now, too.

(… the article ended like that because in the beginning, the reporter recalled how JYP described the teenager Jung Ji Hoon, who auditioned at JYPE 19 years ago, as “a lion just before starvation”…)

Though I have to rely on Google Translate for now, I like this article, hope to find a good English translation of it.

https://topclass.chosun.com/board/view.asp?catecode=L&tnu=201904100013

Hi hnfragile, thanks for sharing the link.  It talks about how Rain from being a singer becomes an actor as Jung Ji Hoon. He still looks like a lion. It is not a hungry young lion Simba, but Mufasa, who saves Savannah.” - Like you, that's how I look/see in him, too. "Mufasa means "king" in Swahili". Savannah is the oldest city in the U.S. Lion is more intimidating. Its most common traits are: majesty, strength, & courage.  Hence the phrase Lion is the 'king of the jungle'. Ye, JYP said, that he remembers seeing Ji-hoon in the practice room looking like a lion full of hunger.  The article mentioned that bankrupt, RAIN's Dad left for Brazil, leaving Mrs Jung, who was ailing from diabetes, to support the family as a food vendor.  JYP said that he gives an impression of sadness when he’s dancing. He said that he cannot give up on RAIN because his stage presence was very strong and intense, and he felt saddened somewhere.  The article also mentioned that in 2003, he unexpectedly challenged acting by debuting in a drama titled, "Sangdoo: Let's go to School."   It is a work by Lee Kyung-Hee who writes <Sorry, I love you>> and <A Love to Kill > whom he reunited.  RAIN said that at that time, he was reluctant to act. Everyone was opposed to it. But, he wanted to do it since he also studied drama in his school days, and he had stage experience, too. He read the drama synopsis and he pushed it.  The article also mentioned that the first Korean movie he did was Park Chan-wook's <I'm Cyborg but it's okay>, and his first overseas film was Wachowski's <Speed Racer>. In 2009, he starred solo starring in the Hollywood movie "Ninja Assassin". RAIN said - "If you're a singer and an actor, there are things you cannot do. For movies, I have to spend at least six months to a year, and it is not easy to give time to do an album. “- The rest it talked about the movie "Uhmbok-dong", RAIN Company, The Unit: Idol Rebooting Project & the "good news" that his wife KTH is pregnant with his 2nd child. :P

• Like 1

9 years ago today, Rain released the special album Back To The Basic. One number in that album, Love Song, marks one of his many magic and trademark dances. 

Full version of the Love Song MV is available on Rain's official Youtube channel

Rain Vietnam fan club announces that Rain is listed in the line up for Vietnam - Korea Friendship concert in Hanoi on June 1st (English follows the Vietnamese part). Rumour is the line up includes Rain, MAMAMOO, SF9, Pentagon, N.Flying. Press conference for the concert is expected on 15 April and ticketing information should be available after that. Please contact rainvietnam_rvn on Instagram or RainVietnam Rvn on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/rainvietnam.rvn) for ticketing info.

12 hours ago, hnfragile said:

9 years ago today, Rain released the special album Back To The Basic. One number in that album, Love Song, marks one of his many magic and trademark dances. 

Full version of the Love Song MV is available on Rain's official Youtube channel

Rain Vietnam fan club announces that Rain is listed in the line up for Vietnam - Korea Friendship concert in Hanoi on June 1st (English follows the Vietnamese part). Rumour is the line up includes Rain, MAMAMOO, SF9, Pentagon, N.Flying. Press conference for the concert is expected on 15 April and ticketing information should be available after that. Please contact rainvietnam_rvn on Instagram or RainVietnam Rvn on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/rainvietnam.rvn) for ticketing info.

Hi hnfragile, thanks for sharing this. I heard about this Hanoi concert, too. The program also has the participation of a number of other Vietnamese artists. Press conference for the concert is scheduled on 15 April. Venue is in My Dinh National Stadium, Hanoi. RAIN is going back to Hanoi after 7 years! The ticket price is 2,000,000 Vietnam Dong = 90 USD, this is for standing area ticket. :P

• Like 1

*** RAIN on #4.................. :P

Sina.Com Names Ji Chang-wook, Lee Joon-gi, Song Seung-heon, and More as 15 TOP Hallyu stars

photo1050638.jpg

Ji Chang-wook, EXO's Sehun, EXO, Rain, Lee Joon-gi, Super Junior, Ahn Jae-wook, Song Seung-heon, Won Bin, Bae Yong-joon, Kwon Sang-woo, So Ji-sub, Jo In-sung, TVXQ, and Hyun Bin are the TOP 15 Hallyu stars provided by Sina-Com's Star Service.

photo1050641.jpg

Sina.COM is a portal site run by China's Sinhwa Telecommunications and it also provides the Chinese version of Twitter, Weibo, which has over 600 million users.

Source : www.topstarnews.net/n...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1