Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nancyzak

Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ)

Recommended Posts

 

                                                                                  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, hnfragile said:

"Race to Freedom: Uhm Bok Dong" is the official English title of this movie.

 

Am always ecstatic with any acting project by Rain, I love him on the screen, small or big. And a drama gets subbed quicker than a movie ... His last drama, Sketch, is a very good one - decent storyline, good cast, but the genre and the lack of a romance makes it a bit off the general public's taste ... I enjoyed it, though - I love Kang Dong-soo, who actually made me cry a few times. So far I've only seen DVDs released with Japanese subtitle, I hope JTBC releases it with Eng sub too because I really want to own a set +praying+

 

The screenwriter of "Living Two Lives Away" (well, let's use that title until the official is confirmed), Yoo Hee Kyung, wrote "Falling for Innocence" (or "Beating Again" on wikipedia). I haven't watched that but since he tackled corporate life once, I hope the plot this time is good. Storyline is the most important factor of a drama, so I hope Rain chooses carefully. Also, similar to his stage performances, he feeds off a lot from interaction, that means in dramas - from his co-star(s), so if he confirms I hope MBC lines up a good cast too. Well, that's a lot of hoping haha but there's no tax on hopes so ... let's hope away!

 

Hi hnfragile, thanks for sharing about the official English title of the movie.  True that a drama gets sub faster compared to movies – I have friends who sub dramas and videos and it took for their team an average of one week per episode (one hour length). But professionals with machines make it for about 4-5 hours only. Much more Chinese translators are way too fast. It really depends on the difficulty of the drama (ex: a legal, doctor or politics based drama will be harder to sub than your regular makjang/romance drama). Like Viki depends on volunteer work of segmenters/subbers. So, the more popular the drama, the faster it will be translated as there will be more people working on it at the same time. Most Viki subbers are not 100% fluent subbers. Some can only sub about 20% and other can do 40%, while other can do 80%-90% or so. There are only very few subbers who can actually sub 100%. Remember that the subbers are not professional translators but they are just like regular viewers who happen to know 2 or more languages. Also remember that all subbers are volunteers who have their regular jobs, schools, family life and other personal obligations. Once an episode is fully subbed in English, and then it gets edited (usually by at least 2 people) and then released to the other language subtitle teams. It normally takes another 4-6 hours to 1 or 2 days to get it translated into the other languages such as Spanish. If there are only few translators in that particular language, it could take many days to complete an episode. There are very few fluent subbers and there is a very high demand for them. :P

“Sketch” is a very good one indeed – The premise was good and as a whole this drama did not disappoint. Besides, one of this drama’s strengths is its outstanding cast. I loved Lee Dong Gun’s execution of Kim Do Jin. We saw how the character changed from being a loving husband to a damaged man. Lee Sun Bin gave out a solid performance. You can feel her character’s desire to pre-empt her visions and save lives. I loved RAIN's character - There are lessons that this drama teaches us. Life, how we make of it, boils down to our choices. When emotions take over, as humans, our judgments become clouded to the point we see no reason but only our own. Thinking logically does not guarantee better results, and most of the times, our logical choices are the most painful. All our actions have corresponding consequences. The things we have done and experienced in the past may have influenced the way we are now. The ending is effective – I’m satisfied. I’ve my own DVD copy of this drama since my K-friends usually send or give me set of subbed DVD dramas that I want to watch & own. :lol:

Actually, storyline is just one of the most important factors of a drama. Other elements are: characters, dialogue, music & direction. These keep the story running smoothly.  Although, in that order: plot is the most important. :smile:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sky5joyous said:
                                                                             

 

Hi sky5joyous, thanks for sharing this. Thanks for sharing this. So COOL to see RAIN featured in the 1st Look magazine again. He looks so fine in those spread. Have you seen it? This is a March issue & I heard that this will come out TODAY. Please correct me if I’m wrong. :lol:

 

 

MORE --

 

 

53345320_2239568796265053_43323301184510

53830258_2239568819598384_45811833324898

53788252_2239568849598381_75661979813056

53783925_2239568882931711_58648726626809

credit : as tagged

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, willenette said:

Hi hnfragile, thanks for sharing about the official English title of the movie.  True that a drama gets sub faster compared to movies – I have friends who sub dramas and videos and it took for their team an average of one week per episode (one hour length). But professionals with machines make it for about 4-5 hours only. Much more Chinese translators are way too fast. It really depends on the difficulty of the drama (ex: a legal, doctor or politics based drama will be harder to sub than your regular makjang/romance drama). Like Viki depends on volunteer work of segmenters/subbers. So, the more popular the drama, the faster it will be translated as there will be more people working on it at the same time. Most Viki subbers are not 100% fluent subbers. Some can only sub about 20% and other can do 40%, while other can do 80%-90% or so. There are only very few subbers who can actually sub 100%. Remember that the subbers are not professional translators but they are just like regular viewers who happen to know 2 or more languages. Also remember that all subbers are volunteers who have their regular jobs, schools, family life and other personal obligations. Once an episode is fully subbed in English, and then it gets edited (usually by at least 2 people) and then released to the other language subtitle teams. It normally takes another 4-6 hours to 1 or 2 days to get it translated into the other languages such as Spanish. If there are only few translators in that particular language, it could take many days to complete an episode. There are very few fluent subbers and there is a very high demand for them. :P

“Sketch” is a very good one indeed – The premise was good and as a whole this drama did not disappoint. Besides, one of this drama’s strengths is its outstanding cast. I loved Lee Dong Gun’s execution of Kim Do Jin. We saw how the character changed from being a loving husband to a damaged man. Lee Sun Bin gave out a solid performance. You can feel her character’s desire to pre-empt her visions and save lives. I loved RAIN's character - There are lessons that this drama teaches us. Life, how we make of it, boils down to our choices. When emotions take over, as humans, our judgments become clouded to the point we see no reason but only our own. Thinking logically does not guarantee better results, and most of the times, our logical choices are the most painful. All our actions have corresponding consequences. The things we have done and experienced in the past may have influenced the way we are now. The ending is effective – I’m satisfied. I’ve my own DVD copy of this drama since my K-friends usually send or give me set of subbed DVD dramas that I want to watch & own. :lol:

Actually, storyline is just one of the most important factors of a drama. Other elements are: characters, dialogue, music & direction. These keep the story running smoothly.  Although, in that order: plot is the most important. :smile:

 

 

Am aware that subbing is a very hard work :( I know how it works and how much time and efforts it requires, I also know how difficult and delicate translation is. Am forever grateful to all the sub teams, can never thank them enough - subbing his dramas, his shows, his movies, his interviews, even his talks at concerts ... and in many cases the subbers do it for free!

 

I really like the cast of Sketch, besides Rain, Lee Dong Gun and Lee Sun Bin (she is very good here), Jung Jin Young also delivered a very solid performance as Jang Tae Joon. I hope Rain is coupled with a similar good cast in his next drama.

 

Your DVD of Sketch is subtitled? Eng sub? Really? Do you know where to buy it? Do I have to go to the actual store or can I order it online, please? Thanks in advance.

 

You know what @willenette, I don't mind his curly poodle cut any more after his recent series of pictures haha. This man can pull off many kinds of looks and convince me easily +sigh+

 

Rain for Esquire March 2019 issue

 

Rain for Never Mind

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, hnfragile said:

Am aware that subbing is a very hard work :( I know how it works and how much time and efforts it requires, I also know how difficult and delicate translation is. Am forever grateful to all the sub teams, can never thank them enough - subbing his dramas, his shows, his movies, his interviews, even his talks at concerts ... and in many cases the subbers do it for free!

 

I really like the cast of Sketch, besides Rain, Lee Dong Gun and Lee Sun Bin (she is very good here), Jung Jin Young also delivered a very solid performance as Jang Tae Joon. I hope Rain is coupled with a similar good cast in his next drama.

 

Your DVD of Sketch is subtitled? Eng sub? Really? Do you know where to buy it? Do I have to go to the actual store or can I order it online, please? Thanks in advance.

 

You know what @willenette, I don't mind his curly poodle cut any more after his recent series of pictures haha. This man can pull off many kinds of looks and convince me easily +sigh+

 

Rain for Esquire March 2019 issue

 

Rain for Never Mind

 

hnfragile, I also buy my K-stuff & DVDs from YesAsia. Try this link : https://www.yesasia.com/us/en/home.html or GMarket - http://gpromotion.gmarket.co.kr/Plan/PlanView?sid=133498.

All DVDs that I own are all Eng subbed. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Rain in talks to star in the MBC upcoming drama for his return to the small screen!

 

114599-712898.png

 

 

The recent film "Bicycle King Uhmbok-dong" starring Rain has just been released in South Korea, and his next project might be a TV series!

 

On March 5, his agency Rain Company revealed that Rain is in talk to star in MBC's upcoming drama "Living Two Lives Anyway". The company said "Rain did receive an offer for the show, but this is just one of the works he is currently considering. He has not yet confirmed his appearance here."

 

114599-712895.jpeg

 

This is a drama about a skilled lawyer who enters a parallel world after getting into an unfortunate accident.  It is scheduled     to be aired after the season 2 of 'Special Labor Inspector Jo" following MBC drama 'Item'. 

 

Just recently, his movie "Bicycle King Uhmbok-dong" was released on February 27th. Also, his second child from his wife, Kim Tae Hee will be born this year. This year is really a good one for Rain!

 

 

114599-712897.jpg

 

 

 


(Photo source: Rain Company)
© 2019 KSD Han Xing Network All rights reserved.

credit : https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/amp/114599

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Rain 喜事頻傳 有望演出 MBC 新劇回歸小螢幕!

 

Rain 所主演的新片《自行車王嚴福童》才剛在韓國上映,他又有機會接著演出電視劇啦!

 

昨天(5 日)電視劇圈相關人士透露 Rain 將主演 MBC 的新劇《反正是第二次人生》(어차피 두 번 사는 인생),對此 Rain Company 表示:「Rain 確實有收到本劇的演出邀約,不過這只是他目前在考慮的作品之一,還沒確定演出與否。」

 


《反正是第二次人生》原先如泥鰍般把法律、人脈和種種技巧玩弄於鼓掌間的律師,卻因為撞上一樁倒霉事而進入平行世界,於是展開了另外一場人生,目前預定於 7 月底開播。

 

另一方面,電影《自行車王嚴福童》已經於 2 月 27 日上映,而 Rain 和妻子金泰熙的第二個孩子也經在今年出生,今年對 Rain 來說真的是好事連連呢!

 


(照片來源:Rain Company)
© 2019 KSD韓星網 版權所有 不得轉載.

T   KOREASTARDAILY.COM

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, willenette said:

 

hnfragile, I also buy my K-stuff & DVDs from YesAsia. Try this link : https://www.yesasia.com/us/en/home.html or GMarket - http://gpromotion.gmarket.co.kr/Plan/PlanView?sid=133498.

All DVDs that I own are all Eng subbed. :lol:

Thanks, have never ordered from yesasia :)I'll try these two places :)

 

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Actually, storyline is just one of the most important factors of a drama. Other elements are: characters, dialogue, music & direction. These keep the story running smoothly.  Although, in that order: plot is the most important. :smile:

 

I agree, even though there are exceptions of course, a case in point: Full House. To be honest I think Full House is successful mostly because of the amazing chemistry between Rain and SHK and the good OST. Its PD did a very good job in pulling out one of the best chemistry on small screen for this show. Its plot is actually not as good, lots of back and forth and same scenes being repeated over and over. Then My Lovely Girl is a case when Rain's excellent performance couldn't save the weak plot :( In my opinion, Rain was much better as Lee Hyun Wook than he was as Lee Young Jae, but his co-star in MLG wasn't quite there and then the plot, especially that of the last 5 episodes, just damaged the show :( I still love MLG a lot, though, as am totally in love with Lee Hyun Wook - I really really love that character, with all his flaws and indecisiveness :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*** RAIN posted these slide of pictures 2-hours ago. These are all eye-candy! :lol:

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, willenette said:

hnfragile, I also buy my K-stuff & DVDs from YesAsia. Try this link : https://www.yesasia.com/us/en/home.html or GMarket - http://gpromotion.gmarket.co.kr/Plan/PlanView?sid=133498.

All DVDs that I own are all Eng subbed. :lol:

I can't find Sketch :( Not even at yes24 :( I read the other day that it is going to be released in Japan in DVD, with Japanese sub, in May 2019, I may have to buy it from Japan :( and live with the Japanese sub version though I won't understand a word :( 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hnfragile said:

Thanks, have never ordered from yesasia :)I'll try these two places :)

 

I agree, even though there are exceptions of course, a case in point: Full House. To be honest I think Full House is successful mostly because of the amazing chemistry between Rain and SHK and the good OST. Its PD did a very good job in pulling out one of the best chemistry on small screen for this show. Its plot is actually not as good, lots of back and forth and same scenes being repeated over and over. Then My Lovely Girl is a case when Rain's excellent performance couldn't save the weak plot :( In my opinion, Rain was much better as Lee Hyun Wook than he was as Lee Young Jae, but his co-star in MLG wasn't quite there and then the plot, especially that of the last 5 episodes, just damaged the show :( I still love MLG a lot, though, as am totally in love with Lee Hyun Wook - I really really love that character, with all his flaws and indecisiveness :) 

 

 

hnfragile,   I couldn't agree with you more about their chemistry in the drama - and they made this drama famous around Asia.   The story is a bit simple but because they portrayed their characters well, it brought out the refreshing, sassy vibe of the drama. The bickering scenes and the eventual falling in love were the strongest points of "Full House." This drama is really a romantic one. :lol:

 

"My Lovely Girl" was Rain’s comeback drama after serving his compulsory military service but for me, this was a meh one.  I also agree with you about RAIN's excellent performance in this drama.  It was like he really understood the character and all his expressions, even the subtle ones, were spot-on. He was the only reason for me to keep watching this draggy drama. The story is highly inconsistent. The show beam balance has only one good weight, & that is Rain. The show is too bland.  I read in many comments that they didn't like the romance between Rain and Krystal but I actually found it pretty cute, though. :P

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hnfragile said:

I can't find Sketch :( Not even at yes24 :( I read the other day that it is going to be released in Japan in DVD, with Japanese sub, in May 2019, I may have to buy it from Japan :( and live with the Japanese sub version though I won't understand a word :( 

 

hnfragile, you may also try this : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sketch-Korean-Drama-6-DVD-Excellent-English-Subs-Quality-/232855184919.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, hnfragile said:

Rain for Esquire March 2019 issue

 

Rain for Never Mind

 

Hi hnfragile, so many NICE pictures to see for this issue of Esquire magazine. Thanks for sharing. :P

 

IDK if TODAY, March 9 the  movie stage greeting schedule will push-through. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BOY LONDON KOREA

Theme - T.A.I (Dark Wear)
Concept - Powerful Wave

Zebralike T-shirt

credit: @boylondon_korea

 

 

53378585_2240119666209966_69682498469227

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rain Looks Forward To Challenges And Variety In His Career

 

Rain4.jpg?resize=600,400&ssl=1

 

Jung Ji Hoon or Rain is on the cover of 1st Look Magazine’s March issue.

The actor, who recently starred in the biopic The Cyclist King (Bicycle King Uhm Bok Dong), is looking fashionable in the photos released. Exuding a manly yet playful aura, Rain impressed the staff as he posed sporting various costumes and conveyed different moods. He also captured the eye of the camera as he stared while laughing, creating a positive and lively ambiance during the shoot.

 

Rain
 

In a casual interview, Rain divulged that he is thinking of taking on the challenge of doing more diverse roles at this point in his career. “I want to do serious dramas and a lot of movies in the future. I also like to take on comic roles and a formidable villain,” he said.

 

Rain2
 

He added that he also wants to work on a new album. “I would really like to try different things to challenge myself, but it doesn’t hurt either to do the stuff you are good at. As an actor and a singer, I want to showcase myself as such without being too greedy. I want to take things slow but steady and by doing so, good times and opportunities will eventually come.”

 

Rain3

 

 

 

source : Hellokpop

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Korean Singer-Actor Rain In Talks To Lead New MBC Fantasy Legal Drama

 

korean-singer-actor-rain-in-talks-to-pla

 

Korean singer-actor Rain has received an offer to star in the upcoming fantasy legal drama of MBC. Reports indicate that he is currently in negotiations for a deal.

 

The new K-drama is titled Living Two Lives Anyway. Soompi quoted a source from the singer's agency, Rain Company, as saying that Living Two Lives Anyway is just one of the projects that the Full House actor is currently reviewing. So far, Rain has yet to decide on any of it.

 

Living Two Lives Anyway is about a skilled but cocky lawyer who falls into a  parallel world after getting into an unfortunate accident.

 

If Rain signs a deal to do the MBC drama, it will be his comeback TV project since JTBC's Sketch aired in May 2018.

Advertisement

 

So far, MBC has yet to reveal casting details of the upcoming drama. Reports, however, stated that it will be helmed by Make A Woman Cry director Kim Keun Hong and the script will be penned by Yoo Hee Kyung of Falling For Innocence.

 

Rain has long been recognized as all around artist. Aside from being a great singer-songwriter, he can also impress his fans in his acting skills.

 

The Korean actor has established his status as a Hallyu star when he starred in the pan-Asia hit drama Full House in 2004 alongside Song Hye Kyo. He is also among the very few Korean actors who made it to Hollywood. Rain appeared in Speed Racer in 2008 and in Ninja Assassin the following year.

 

The singer has been in the headlines recently for different reasons. First, Rain confirmed that he is planning to debut a new boy group and his company is currently working on it.

 

Then he received backlash over an Instagram post that he shared when he was drunk. Rain's controversial message was posted following the unfavorable reviews about his movie Uhm Bok Dong during its preview screening.

 

The "Rainism" hitmaker portrayed the role of famed cyclist Uhm Bok Dong in the true-to-life story movie. Uhm became a symbol of pride for Koreans when he defeated Japanese cyclists and won the championship in a bicycle race during the Japanese colonial rule of Korea. Although it did not receive favorable reviews from critics and some moviegoers, the film still earned over $431 million in the box office.

 

Then, Rain and his wife, actress Kim Tae Hee, announced that they are expecting their second child. Kim is expected to give birth in September.

 

 

source : http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/46709/20190306/korean-singer-actor-rain-in-talks-to-lead-new-mbc-fantasy-legal-drama.htm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 3:16 PM, willenette said:

"My Lovely Girl" was Rain’s comeback drama after serving his compulsory military service but for me, this was a meh one.  I also agree with you about RAIN's excellent performance in this drama.  It was like he really understood the character and all his expressions, even the subtle ones, were spot-on. He was the only reason for me to keep watching this draggy drama. The story is highly inconsistent. The show beam balance has only one good weight, & that is Rain. The show is too bland.  I read in many comments that they didn't like the romance between Rain and Krystal but I actually found it pretty cute, though. :P

Oh yes, I find Hyun-wook and Se-na very cute too, but still Krystal wasn't quite there for the role in my opinion, especially for the emotionally heavy scenes. Am so head over heels with Lee Hyun-wook, I rewatch MLG as much as I do Full House because am totally in love with LHW, as much as I am with LYJ (haha, does it make me a two-timer? :P:lol:)

 

On 3/7/2019 at 4:12 PM, willenette said:

Thank you @willenette. I did see that link, maybe am a bit too cautious, but the fact that the DVD is not available anywhere makes me suspect this offer a bit. You know, I can watch the series with Eng sub online, I could even download them, so I don't know if this person just burns the DVD with the downloaded files or not, because usually sellers of DVDs show both the DVD set's front and back with info from the production company etc while this one only shows the front featuring the released poster of the drama and not much info. Besides, usually, DVD of Korean dramas has 4 episodes on 1 disc, so a 16-ep drama set would have 4 discs, a 20-ep - 5 discs - this offer has 6 discs ... Well, the bottom line is that I want to buy the product to indirectly support Rain, I really want anyone who produces his projects to make money, because indirectly it means he can make money. Being overseas, I can't help with rating so buying the original DVD is the only thing I could do to support him. As am a little worried with this ebay offer, most likely I'll go with the Japanese offer :)

 

8 hours ago, willenette said:

 

Hi hnfragile, so many NICE pictures to see for this issue of Esquire magazine. Thanks for sharing. :P

 

IDK if TODAY, March 9 the  movie stage greeting schedule will push-through. :lol:

I think the Clouds group viewing is proceeding, the Clouds managed to rent a 126-seat theatre, but Rain won't be there, I think he's traveling. This one was posted 3 hrs ago, perhaps of him at airport?

 

 

58 minutes ago, willenette said:

Then he received backlash over an Instagram post that he shared when he was drunk. Rain's controversial message was posted following the unfavorable reviews about his movie Uhm Bok Dong during its preview screening.

I saw the original post :( which caused a bit of concerns among his fans who saw it :( I think he was under lots of pressure because of the (unfair, in my opinion) criticism toward the movie :( But he recollected himself, edited the post, and managed to carry out all stage greetings gracefully :( 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...