Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sky5joyous said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Hi sky5joyous, thanks for sharing this. RAIN also shared this on his IG yesterday with a caption - " # Umbok-dong # Stage greeting # ten days # Lee Beom-su # Kang So-ra #" As far as I know next stage greeting will be on March 9. RAIN is looking so fine here. NICE cap there. Fighting oppa! :P

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 12:17 AM, sky5joyous said:

Reveal hidden contents

*** Also, thanks for sharing this sky5joyous. :P

MORE --

190302 "Uhmbok-dong The Bicycle King" Stage Greeting

52993943_2237718173116782_68096447405652

53039178_2237718209783445_10433351735312

53323388_2237718239783442_31353015588670

Credit @skydrive0708 / Rain Cloud Thailand

• Like 1

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2019.03.01 ~ 2019.03.03

Source : www.hancinema.net/kor...

The number one movie this week is "A Resistance" (항거: 유관순 이야기)

Korean Box Office - Admissions for the Weekend 2019.03.01 - 2019.03.03 (www.kobis.or.kr)

#

Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "A Resistance" (항거: 유관순 이야기) 2019/02/27 606 076 791 052
2 "Svaha: The Sixth Finger" (사바하) 2019/02/20 471 139 2 148 535
3 "Innocent Witness" (증인) 2019/02/13 372 681 2 288 441
4 "Extreme Job" (극한직업) 2019/01/23 330 325 16 029 822
5 "The Cyclist King" (자전차왕 엄복동) 2019/02/27 81 082 154 332
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jung Ji-hoon cycles his way into a historical role: The actor jumped at chance to play Um Bok-dong

01175758.jpg

Singer-turned-actor Jung Ji-hoon - also known as Rain - has returned to the big screen through “Race to Freedom: Um Bok-dong,” a film based on the true story of a star cyclist during the Japanese colonial period.

The film, which was released on Wednesday to commemorate the centennial anniversary of the March 1 Independence Movement, tells the story of celebrated cyclist Um who helped raise the spirits of the Korean people by defeating their Japanese colonizers at major nationwide cycling competitions.

Despite the heartwarming plot and its over-10 billion won ($8.95 million) budget, “Um Bok-dong” has faced a lot of bad press ever since production began.

As early as 2017, there was commotion over director Kim Ryu-sung leaving the film over disagreements with producers, only to return shortly after.

More recently, “Um Bok-dong” was criticized for its poor CGI effects that were seen through trailers and clips. Adding fuel to fire, news articles from the 1920s and 1950s reporting that the famed cyclist was arrested for stealing bikes began to surface online weeks before release, leading critics to accuse the movie of romanticizing a criminal.

Jung, nonetheless, has consistently stood by the film, his first movie project since 2012’s “R2B: Return to Base.”

“I’m a professional, so I’m doing the best I can where I am,” Jung said on Feb. 20 during an interview with Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily.

The following are edited excerpts from the interview, where he discussed the film, his career and life after marriage.

Jung Ji-hoon, middle, in a scene from “Race to Freedom: Um Bok-dong.” The movie, released Wednesday, is now playing in theaters. [CELLTRION ENTERTAINMENT]

Q. What made you want to be a part of “Um Bok-dong”?

A
.Lee Beom-su, a producer of the film, showed me the script. At first I thought it was just a family movie, but I found that it was about an individual who changed Korea’s sports scene, just like [long-distance runner] Sohn Kee-chung.

Um became the pride of Korea after winning a national bicycle tournament. The story is almost unbelievable. I participated hoping that many people could learn about Um. It’s also a film that the entire family can watch.

How did you practice for the cycling scenes?

I was trained by cyclists and the national cycling team coaches at Korea National Sport University. I trained for three months before filming began and cycled for eight hours a day after we began shooting.

I cycled for about seven months. Every day of filming would mean endless cycling. Sometimes it got so difficult that I hoped the sun would set early so I could stop.

What did you do to get into character?

I wanted to know about Um Bok-dong’s personality, his gestures and his gait. I wanted to learn how he fell in love with bicycles and what kind of life he led. I asked a lot of questions to people in my grandfather’s generation to familiarize myself with people from that era.

Life during the Japanese colonial period must have been difficult, when people had to struggle to eat three meals a day.

My dad actually cut wood when he was younger. He knew how to use the jigae (a piece of equipment used to carry wood on one’s back), which helped me get the details of Um’s body language right.

In the movie, I also portrayed Um as a very modest and good young man.

This is the first movie that actor Lee Beom-su is producing. Did that worry you?

When I heard that Lee was producing the movie, I had confidence that he would be hard-working and honest.

I never doubted Lee as a producer. I think movies can face huge risks regardless of whoever the producer is.

The audience will give their verdict on the movie after its release. People have consistently judged and assessed me ever since I was a trainee. I’m the type of person who accepts the results and reflects on my actions.

Were you under a lot of pressure for taking the lead role of a movie that had such a big budget?

A lot of money went into making this movie. The big question will be whether it will break even.

But I worked hard and am satisfied if all of the actors tried their best. I leave the rest to the people in charge of post-production.

People have criticized “Um Bok-dong” for having bad CGI. What do you think about that?

There is almost no scene in the movie that doesn’t feature CGI. I think everyone worked hard on the movie. Regardless of the result, “Um Bok-dong” is meaningful to me.

Could you tell us about the incident regarding director Kim Ryu-sung?

We’ve filmed our movie for a long time, for six to seven months. We wrapped up production, with no staff leaving in the middle.

There’s always bound to be bad press. It’s a matter of whether it comes to light or not. In our case, it was made public.

We are not doing child’s play. I am a professional, and complaining over a problem is not something a professional does. A real pro needs to do his job without getting tossed around.

How are you different as an actor and as a singer?

When I am going on stage, I practice tens of thousands of times so that I don’t make mistakes. If I have regrets after a performance, it means I lost a fight with myself.

I’m more humble as an actor because I’m still learning. But acting is fun, living as an imaginary character.

With acting, a lot of people need to work with each other. It’s different from the stage, where I just focus on doing well by myself.

If you had to pick between being an actor or singer, what would you choose?

There are times when I can’t take care of my family because of work. I think I have to first decide on whether to live for my family or take care of them while doing the work I love.

I’ll be 40 in two years. It’s a bit too early to decide these things now.

Do you think there are any similarities between you and your character Um Bok-dong?

As a celebrity, I often think of myself as an entertainer and that I’m nothing more than a toy for the masses. I think we’re a bit similar in that way.

You’ve gotten married and become a father. How has your lifestyle changed?

I often get asked about what I want to do now and how I’ll change. Now that I’m married and settled down, I want to try out various things.

I have some friends who are university students and art film directors whose works I want to participate in.

I also want to publish content on YouTube. It doesn’t have to be perfect, but it’ll be funny. I also hope to make a movie using only my smartphone.

Are you putting less time into work after getting married?

If I keep on living like this, I don’t think I’ll have time to do things with my family and friends.

But that’s not to say that I’m not working. I just want to live my life for half of the year.

I also want to challenge myself as the scene stealer of a movie. Without challenges, I will just be repeating the same roles. I want to do a role where the audience can go “Is that Rain? Jung Ji-hoon?” It doesn’t matter whether those roles are perverts or murderers.

I really love director Jang Joon-hwan’s “Save the Green Planet!” It’s an absurd but fantastic movie. Same with director Park Chan-wook. I was the one to volunteer to act in “I’m a Cyborg, but That’s O.K.”

I want to challenge myself even if I just appear in a single scene. I want to test my potential as an actor.

BY PARK JUNG-SUN [kim.eunjin1@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Film about iconic independence fighter tops box office on March 1 uprising weekend

By Shim Sun-ah

SEOUL, March 4 (Yonhap) -- A biopic about Yu Gwan-sun, an icon of the March 1, 1919 Independence Movement, topped the box office in its first weekend as Koreans commemorated the movement's 100th anniversary.

"A Resistance" sold 606,076 tickets from Friday to Sunday, according to data from the Korean Film Council on Monday.

Another new Korean release, "Uhm Bok-dong" about a colonial-era Korean cycle champion of the same name, took fifth place. The movie, starring singer-actor Jung Ji-hoon, who is better known by his stage name Rain, was seen by 81,082 people.

(skipped unrelated.....)

sshim@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

• Like 1

Rain In Talks To Star In New MBC Legal Drama

ac4cc3dd99e24171bec631e55e407b3a.jpeg?s=

Rain has been offered a role in MBC’s new drama, “Living Two Lives Anyway” (literal title).

On March 5, a source from his agency Rain Company revealed that Rain is considering his comeback project. They stated, “MBC’s new drama ‘Living Two Lives Anyway’ is one of the projects that he is reviewing. His appearance has not yet been confirmed.”

“Living Two Lives Anyway” is a drama about a skilled lawyer who enters a parallel world after getting into an unfortunate accident. If confirmed, this will be Rain’s newest drama since his last role in JTBC’s “Sketch.”

Rain recently greeted the public with his film “Uhm Bok Dong” and also revealed that his wife, actress Kim Tae Hee, is pregnant with their second child.

Source (1) / soompi news

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

• Like 1

23 hours ago, willenette said:

Jung Ji-hoon cycles his way into a historical role: The actor jumped at chance to play Um Bok-dong

Soompi and me had a very difficult relationship over the last few days, it just refused to automatically embed my links. That is really the last straw for me, but am learning from this man to keep my spirit up and here am back again :)

I guess this is just another "I did my best, but I guess my best wasn't good enough" moment for Bi. He has had quite a few of those moments along his journey but he's strong, respectfully strong :) I wish the reporter could ask better and more original questions and avoid the likes of "choosing between singer and actor" - this has been asked of him millions of times, or "less time into work after getting married" - hello? Since he got married and had his first baby, the man released a single and a mini album, filmed a movie as the male lead, took another lead role in a drama, hosted a reality show, held five fan-meetings in five different countries (including Korea), guested in numerous variety shows and talk shows, traveled to and performed at events, collaborated with DJ Aster and Ravi in a song for DJ Aster's album, performed in 5 concerts (including 2017 new year concert in Taiwan on new year's eve) - come on! Someone told me, for some reason he always receives less recognition than he deserves, or that people seem to expect too much out of him! They seem to think he could just walk in on set and cycle like a champ? or just show up at a concert or a variety show and dance like a genius? No practice? +shaking my head+. But, anyway, regardless of the questions, his answers are well said :)

His recent sets of pictures are all so good, I absolutely love the series on Dispatch with him in the sunshine colour sweatshirt, the photographer is really good at catching his expressions.

And here is Bi without make up on his 3rd day stage greeting in Daegu

• Like 1

*** I'm happy that after a movie, he may be doing another drama again. I hope we could get to hear his decision on this soon. I will always support him. :P

Rain in talks to star as lead in upcoming MBC drama 'Two Lives to Live Anyway'

20190305-rainjpg.jpg

Singer and actor Rain is in talks to join the cast of the upcoming MBC drama 'Two Lives to Live Anyway'.

On March 5, his agency Rain Company stated, "Rain is currently negotiating his return to the screen. MBC's 'Two Lives to Live Anyway' is one of the projects she's currently negotiating. His casting has yet to be decided." 

The MBC series will tell the story of a talented lawyer who ends up in another dimension after suffering an unexpected accident. If cast in 'Two Lives to Live Anyway', Rain is expected to play the lead role. His last drama was JTBC's 'Sketch', which aired its finale in July of 2018. 

source : allkpop

• Like 1

”Living Two Lives Anyway " - One of the works under review for RAIN 

201903051647000410_1_20190305164813130.j

Will the singer and actor return to the small screen?

His agency RAIN Company said on March 5, "One of the works we are reviewing is 'Living Two Lives Anyway.'

'Living Two Lives Anyway' is scheduled to be aired after the season 2 of 'Special Labor Inspector Jo" following MBC drama 'Item'. 

Rain recently appeared in the movie "" Uhmbok-dong", which was released on February 27th.

Newsen Hwang, Hye-jin blossom @
Article tip and press release newsen@newsen.com
Copyright ⓒ Newsen. Unauthorized copying & redistribution prohibited

credit : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000070651&spi_ref=m_entertain_twitter

비 측 “‘어차피 두번 사는 인생’ 검토중인 작품 중 하나”(공식)

[뉴스엔 황혜진 기자]

가수 겸 배우 비가 안방극장에 복귀할까.

비 소속사 레인컴퍼니 측은 3월 5일 오후 뉴스엔에 "'어차피 두 번 사는 인생'(가제)은 검토 중인 작품 중 하나"라고 밝혔다.

'어차피 두 번 사는 인생'은 방영 중인 MBC 월화드라마 '아이템' 후속 '특별근로감독관 조장풍', '검법남녀' 시즌2 이후 방영되는 후속 드라마로 알려졌다.

비는 2월 27일 개봉한 영화 '자전차왕 엄복동'에 출연했다.

뉴스엔 황혜진 blossom@

기사제보 및 보도자료 newsen@newsen.com
copyrightⓒ 뉴스엔. 무단전재 & 재배포 금지

• Like 1

"Race to Freedom: Uhm Bok Dong" is the official English title of this movie.

6 hours ago, willenette said:

*** I'm happy that after a movie, he may be doing another drama again. I hope we could get to hear his decision on this soon. I will always support him. :P

Am always ecstatic with any acting project by Rain, I love him on the screen, small or big. And a drama gets subbed quicker than a movie ... His last drama, Sketch, is a very good one - decent storyline, good cast, but the genre and the lack of a romance makes it a bit off the general public's taste ... I enjoyed it, though - I love Kang Dong-soo, who actually made me cry a few times. So far I've only seen DVDs released with Japanese subtitle, I hope JTBC releases it with Eng sub too because I really want to own a set +praying+

The screenwriter of "Living Two Lives Away" (well, let's use that title until the official is confirmed), Yoo Hee Kyung, wrote "Falling for Innocence" (or "Beating Again" on wikipedia). I haven't watched that but since he tackled corporate life once, I hope the plot this time is good. Storyline is the most important factor of a drama, so I hope Rain chooses carefully. Also, similar to his stage performances, he feeds off a lot from interaction, that means in dramas - from his co-star(s), so if he confirms I hope MBC lines up a good cast too. Well, that's a lot of hoping haha but there's no tax on hopes so ... let's hope away!