Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** I’ve re-watched his latest drama, “Sketch” – The drama ended the way I wanted. I was satisfied with the ending and with the series as a whole. The twists never end until the very end. Although, the revelation of the Elder wasn’t as surprising as I wanted it to be. I was shocked at who the Elder was! Although, I knew that the lady had to be involved in some way. I liked that Do Jin turned out to do something positive in the end. I almost cried when he was reunited with his wife. My throat did tighten up. I’m still a bit confused on why powers of Shi Joon & Shi Hyun were never explained. How did they get their power? I just knew that Shi Hyun was going to try and save her brother. I knew Shi Joon could be despicable but that was real dirty of him. Overall, the drama was great. Kudos to the writer and director. Every each and one of the cast played their part very well. I would recommend this to those who love watching action, fantasy and a bit intriguing genre, this one is for you. :P

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2018 at 12:56 PM, willenette said:

hnfragile, like you, I've also been waiting for the release of this C-drama. It's been quite a long while now. I haven't heard any updates about it so far. I'm not also into C-dramas/movies but no choice when my bias is in it, though. :P

I read somewhere (can't remember where) about a 2019 release?

On Sketch, I've only seen good reviews of it and of Bi's acting. One thing I've noticed is that people always say that his acting in the newer projects improves compared to the previous projects, regardless of whether they like or don't like the storyline/plot. That's what I love most about Bi. He's always learning and improving and giving his all, and in that sense, he's quite a big inspiration :)

14 hours ago, hnfragile said:

I read somewhere (can't remember where) about a 2019 release?

On Sketch, I've only seen good reviews of it and of Bi's acting. One thing I've noticed is that people always say that his acting in the newer projects improves compared to the previous projects, regardless of whether they like or don't like the storyline/plot. That's what I love most about Bi. He's always learning and improving and giving his all, and in that sense, he's quite a big inspiration :)

Hi hnfragile, so, does it mean that we're expecting (2) projects from him to see next year, huh - a movie & this C-drama? That's NICE to hear. This mellow love story, "Endless August" completed the filming for quite a long while now. :P

Yes @willenette Endless August completed filming in 2016 and almost right after that came the Hallyu ban, like literally during post-production of that drama. I don't know if the Hallyu ban caused deferral of the post-production, let's hope it's not the case as I would really love it if they air the drama sooner rather than later. I miss Bi in a romance :)

Funny that you mentioned Sketch, because of Sketch I went back and watched Fugitive Plan B :) Gosh, I fall in love with Jiwoo all over again :)

Oh you know what, Google for some reason almost always translates "비" as part of a sentence to "non", like 비갤러리 is meant to be Rain Gallery but Google translates it to Non Gallery, which of course doesn't make any sense lolz. Could some Korean speaker help Google please?

7 minutes ago, hnfragile said:

Yes @willenette Endless August completed filming in 2016 and almost right after that came the Hallyu ban, like literally during post-production of that drama. I don't know if the Hallyu ban caused deferral of the post-production, let's hope it's not the case as I would really love it if they air the drama sooner rather than later. I miss Bi in a romance :)

Funny that you mentioned Sketch, because of Sketch I went back and watched Fugitive Plan B :) Gosh, I fall in love with Jiwoo all over again :)

Oh you know what, Google for some reason almost always translates "비" as part of a sentence to "non", like 비갤러리 is meant to be Rain Gallery but Google translates it to Non Gallery, which of course doesn't make any sense lolz. Could some Korean speaker help Google please?

hnfragile,  ye, this C-drama was completed October 2016. I have a feeling that the Hallyu ban caused the delay of the drama's post production. "Fugitive Plan B" is good - I admit, I am not the sort of person programmed to like this type of drama. But since RAIN is my bias, I've no choice - hahaha - I liked how "Fugitive: Plan B" was filmed throughout so many different locations in Asia. The total locations include: Macau, Tokyo, Osaka, Manila, Las Vegas, Beijing, Shanghai and of course, Seoul and Busan. With the way the story was written, it seemed foolish not to film all those different locations. I also love action...but only when done proper.  Thankfully, the actual quality of the special effects in the drama was decent and did not look to be bought at a bargain price.  I only have one-complain in this drama - I have nothing against Daniel Henney, but he's in a K-drama & paid for it and was hoping that he at least delivered most of his lines in Korean. Lee NaYoung and Daniel Henney did not impress me. RAIN? His character here should have the merging of slapstick and machismo cool package but, on Rain, I don’t think it worked well.  It just didn’t feel as natural. Yet despite my criticism of this character, Rain was still the most fascinating thing about this drama. And that, I suppose, is the magic & power of Rain. He has a commanding presence on stage and screen. Rain and Lee JungJin had pretty good bro-sparking. MBLAQ’s song Running & Running was a pretty catchy groove."Fugitive: Plan B" has a pretty good soundtrack. Altogether, I completely recommend "Fugitive: Plan B." :P

2 hours ago, willenette said:

"Fugitive Plan B" is good - I admit, I am not the sort of person programmed to like this type of drama. But since RAIN is my bias, I've no choice - hahaha - I liked how "Fugitive: Plan B" was filmed throughout so many different locations in Asia. The total locations include: Macau, Tokyo, Osaka, Manila, Las Vegas, Beijing, Shanghai and of course, Seoul and Busan. With the way the story was written, it seemed foolish not to film all those different locations. I also love action...but only when done proper.  Thankfully, the actual quality of the special effects in the drama was decent and did not look to be bought at a bargain price.  I only have one-complain in this drama - I have nothing against Daniel Henney, but he's in a K-drama & paid for it and was hoping that he at least delivered most of his lines in Korean. Lee NaYoung and Daniel Henney did not impress me. RAIN? His character here should have the merging of slapstick and machismo cool package but, on Rain, I don’t think it worked well.  It just didn’t feel as natural. Yet despite my criticism of this character, Rain was still the most fascinating thing about this drama. And that, I suppose, is the magic & power of Rain. He has a commanding presence on stage and screen. Rain and Lee JungJin had pretty good bro-sparking. MBLAQ’s song Running & Running was a pretty catchy groove."Fugitive: Plan B" has a pretty good soundtrack. Altogether, I completely recommend "Fugitive: Plan B." :P

I agree with you about LNY and DH in Fugitive Plan B. In that drama all DH did was just looking handsome and that's it haha and he's not even my type. On your comment about "feeling natural", I think that's partly because of how LNY chose to act her character. It takes two to tango. Bi had much better chemistry with Lee Jung Jin in that drama.

Last night I watched ep 14 and was so broken-hearted at that scene when after helping Kai, Jini went out and broke down on the hotel lobby floor, then Jiwoo offered his hand to help her up and she refused. Gosh, my heart was just broken so bad and at the same time melt at Bi's expression, like "how the h*ll could you ever do that to HIM?" :)

Of the OST, I also like the ballad by Shin Seung Hun very much.

10 K-Pop Moments From October 2008 That’ll Make You Say “OMG, I Can’t Believe All That Happened 10 Years Ago”

Wait, Kim Jongkook had a TV family before Running Man?

3. Rain released “Rainism” on October 16, his first album since leaving JYP Entertainment.

Over 300,000 copies were sold domestically and “Rainism” became a must-cover song for many 3rd-generation male idols.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

Rain and Stephen Colbert Were Once Arch Enemies, No Joke

Rain!

9YIt-Rwn2gmI5cTvi_ODHW6JiXoJcm1JhhLLoP4Y

Is it possible not to like Rain? He’s a great actor, fantastic singer, and has some of the smoothest dance moves around. But interestingly enough it was everyone’s love for him that eventually led to the idol becoming enemy number one in Stephen Colbert‘s books.

-ytx_klv5Umm5tQs_UJ8VJbfAxs2iG5NIS82mYCK

It all started when Stephen Colbert was voted the second most influential person in the world according to a Time magazine poll in May 2007. Who came in first you ask? Rain!

Stephen Colbert had previously come out on top but was kicked out of the spot by the singer. From that point on, Stephen declared that Rain was his personal nemesis! And in a show of good faith that he really was his enemy, Stephen filmed a satirical music video of Rain’s popular single “How To Avoid The Sun”.

This caught the attention of Korean news media outlets…

Which just meant that Stephen had to keep the friendly rivalry going, even if he didn’t always have the easiest time thinking of Rain as the enemy.

Then everything changed when a video from the star telling him to “keep his day job” made it’s way to Stephen Colbert.

This video prompted Stephen to challenge Rain to a dance-off.

What happened next was one of the greatest moments ever! Rain did show up for the dance battle.

And the two busted out their own dance moves. At first, things even looked pretty even…

Until they moved on to DDR and Rain turned up the heat!

And blew Stephen away…literally!

While Stephen did mention Rain a couple more times after the epic dance battle, the flames of their rivalry had mostly died down.

That being said, there is no way this will ever be forgotten! Check out some of Stephen’s most iconic Rain moments and their dance off below.

• Like 1

10 K-Pop And Pop Culture Crossover Projects That We Still Can’t Believe Exist

K-Pop really is a global phenomenon. K-Pop songs have made appearances in shows like Family Guy and Lucifer, but sometimes pop culture and K-Pop mix in a more unexpected way. From appearances on America’s Next Top Model to real-life comic book character appearances, here are some crossover projects between K-Pop idols and pop culture that we still have a hard time believing exist.

3. That time Rain and Stephen Colbert had a dance off

After being beaten in an online poll by the singer in 2007, Stephen Colbert declared Rain his arch nemesis. This led to a lot of funny back and forth banter between the two and eventually culminated in the most epic dance-off we’ve ever seen!

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Thanks 1

15+ K-Pop Idols You Might Not Know Are Actually Married Already

Are you surprised by any of these marriages?

13. Rain and Kim Tae Hee

KiwiPtQgzubV9dlfRinZyce6du1I78kL38a8tMAL

Rain and Kim Tae Hee were together for five years before they decided to celebrate their love with the world and get married.

OUYJ4t5qvAMr8JO4meoMg4VaMy4npSrWzkxvIb-V

The two have a sweet and adorable daughter together!

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1

Rain Looks Younger Than Ever

photo1005984.jpg

Singer and actor Rain posed a picture on his Instagram.

He is wearing a white knitted shirt and permed hair and looking youngeer than ever.

He last starred in the JTBC drama "Sketch - Drama" as Kang Dong-soo in July this year.

Source : biz.heraldcorp.com/vi...

Translation : Hsncinema

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, hnfragile said:

Thank you @willenette for keeping Bi topic up to date. On youtube there is a long video (1hr or so) of Bi's performance in the Lotte card concert but am not sure if it could be posted here, am not that familiar with soompi yet.

Hi hnfragile, you may try posting the video here............we'll see.................:P

Ukie then, let's see :) I wish I understand what he said as obviously he did amuse the crowd :( I've been thinking about learning Korean lately (after so many years!) just because of Bi lolz because many times I found that the subtitles miss out on the nuance of the language.

Here we go, credit: didiy165

On 10/5/2018 at 8:32 PM, hnfragile said:

Ukie then, let's see :) I wish I understand what he said as obviously he did amuse the crowd :( I've been thinking about learning Korean lately (after so many years!) just because of Bi lolz because many times I found that the subtitles miss out on the nuance of the language.

Here we go, credit: didiy165

Hi hnfragile, thanks for sharing this here. :P As far as I remember this was posted + the translation in his Naver Cafe last week.

*** RAIN posted this old picture with a caption –2002/03/29 # debut # 17 years # bad guy # bad boy – Awww…….. this was a month prior his debut. Time flies so fast. Bad Guy is his debut album….. Love that song. You’ve worked hard and accomplished so much! :P

• Like 1

Thanks @willenette, so the translation was done? I’ll look it up.

That's a pix of Bi and his dancers, right? It’s been a long time and Bi has gone a long way, huh? Bi’s smile is still as contagious as ever. Remember that Strong Heart episode in which Bi guested? Actress Lee Chae Young who featured his “girlfriend” in Bi’s I Do MV said when Bi came and gave flowers to the “girlfriend”, the camera only showed her back so she needed not smile, but when Bi smiled at her, she couldn’t help but smiled back. That happens to me, too, just can’t help it, every time I see his smile, I smile :)