Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** RAIN posted this clip 2-days ago with a caption -" # It's a shuffle dance # It's about to die # Laughing # This is dancing" - As far as I know, this kind of dance developed in Melbourne, Australia.  Many of the movements used in shuffling are typical jazz dance steps but with a contemporary twist. The basic movements in the dance are a fast heel-and-toe action with a style. Shuffle dancing isn't a specific dance. It's fun watching the clip. Hahaha - hilarious. I literally LOL. Practice makes it better, though. :P

*** This is about the Lotte Card Move: Soundtrack vol.3 [PSY X RAIN] Concert, which is scheduled on September 29, 2018. :P Restriction : over 7 years old /  Duration: 150 minutes in total

롯데카드 무브ː사운드트랙 vol.3 [PSY X RAIN] 콘서트 - 2018.09.29 예정

1536642773.jpg

롯데카드 무브ː사운드트랙 vol.3 [싸이X비]
일시 : 2018.09.29
장소 : KSPO DOME(올림픽체조경기장)
등급 : 7세 이상
관람시간: 총 150분
단독 티켓 구매: 예스24

http://ticket.yes24.com/Pages/English/Perf/FnPerfDeail.aspx?IdPerf=30771

credit : Rain Company

*** RAIN also posted this clip yesterday with a caption - " # PSY # RAIN # September 29 ... # Lotte Card # Move Soundtrack # I did not see it on the air # I wonder # True Love # - Does it mean that RAIN didn't see this show being promoted on TV? Wow, watching the clip made me nostalgic.  This looks like it’s gonna be epic! So lucky those fans who could be there to attend this. Sorry for myself that I will miss this LIVE collaboration. I hope this will be a success! :P

Koreans Believe These Are The 16 Most Legendary K-Pop Music Show Performances Ever

Koreans are feeling nostalgic about these amazing performances.

Korean netizens are getting nostalgic about broadcasts from what many refer to as the golden year of K-Pop, 2008, and a specific music show episode where several legendary musicians gathered to perform on the same stage. Calling the lineup one that gives “goosebumps”, with every single name popular in the industry, fans think this Music Core show was one of the most legendary stages ever. Check out the lineup below.

13. Rain

(skipped unrelated)

source : koreaboo

*** RAIN went to see the opening ceremony of the Paradise Art Space at Paradise City Seoul. Paradise City is an art exhibition space. The honorary guest was the contemporary artist Jeff Koons. Jeffrey Koons is an American artist known for working with popular culture subjects and his reproductions of banal objects—such as balloon animals produced in stainless steel with mirror-finish surfaces. The exhibition space of Paradise Art Space consists of a permanent exhibition room based on various collections. I heard that he’s with a Thai star in this picture. Please see MORE pictures. :P Kwon Sang Woo also attended the event. :P

41961432_2147002465521687_57166554329451

41934658_2147002508855016_21180228352291

credit : Rain Cloud Thailand

Hello everyone.

Am new to soompi, and this is literally my very first post. And it's all because of Rain :)

While looking up info of the Rain x Psy concert next week, I came across this very nice post that I thought I should share here.

------

cr http://www.koreners.com/bbs/blog/1009/Rain & Psy?ckattempt=1

Rain & Psy's Collab Concert -Why It TOTALLY Makes Sense

JJ신기2623
18-08-27 21:12

fb75b5990affb618269bee7cbb7be0e6_1535371
Image Source: soompi 

It’s Monday again. And you know what that means…

And today, ohmygoodness, I have a good one. 

Now it has just come to my attention that iconic, legendary soloist Rain and perhaps equally so iconic and popular Psy have decided to get together and have a collaboration concert? 

Um…what? 

Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m incredibly excited about this news. Both Rain and Psy are famous for the sheer amazingness of their concerts and they’re always sold out and packed with energy. So it makes sense for them to do this. What gets me is that they both have incredibly distinct styles in their music and I never would’ve imagined them doing any form of collaboration. A duet, perhaps, but an actual concert together? Or did she simply not know enough about these K-pop icons? 

Now, in true Koreaners fashion, Jenny here decided it was time to do some research. And since the concert was of both these gentlemen, it’s only right I do research on both. However, rather than go into their history and talk about how they became singers and the household names they are today (let’s be honest – y’all can do that on your own with a quick Google search), I’m going to in a rather twisted turn and look at their music instead. Because that is what’s important here, right? …

Oh, screw it. We’re gonna look at everything. 

fb75b5990affb618269bee7cbb7be0e6_1535370

Image Source: giphy

Yup. 

But this first gif does lead me to my first point – Rain and Psy have two images and styles completely different from each other. Psy is a comic, a chubby ahjussi who embraces his imperfections and flaunts them in a way that is both hilarious and refreshing. I actually think the reason he’s so popular is because when you’re a fan of Psy, you’re clearly not a fan because of his “hot looks.” You’re really in it for the music and being able to say that is such a plus nowadays. Like, of course you like Psy. He created Gangnam Style, for chrissakes. He put South Korea on the map, expedited the Hallyu Wave with the iconic video, and shows people it’s okay to not to be tall, skinny, or flawless. Who wouldn’t like Psy. 

Rain, on the other hand, is…well… I mean… 

Exhibit A. 

Yeah, I had to post that. For science. 

But basically, Rain is hot. Period. He is tall, gorgeous, and was sold on that idea. He is the perfect boyfriend, lover, and (now) husband - the ideal man who can make any woman’s fantasies come true. Aside from his perfectly chiseled face and flexible abs, Rain is known for his bad boy style and smooth, husky singing voice. He is charming. Smooth. Sexy. So what up with teaming with Psy? 

Now, of course, that is what any one-timer YouTube climbin’ “I just got into K-pop yesterday” amateur would say. See, I’m not. I remember back when K-pop was just Korean music and you had to search through the depths of the internet for subtitles. Those were the days of Full House

Ah. Full House. No. Not the American version with John Stamos and the Golden Gate Bridge passing in the background. I mean the Korean Full House with Song Hye Kyo playing a spunky candy girl left in a precarious situation because she didn’t choose her friends right and ends up in a non-cliché moment where she ends up sharing a house with a superstar she can’t stand and in a very cliché twist, ends up falling in love in the process. Yeah. That Full House. And let me tell you – that show was good. It really was. Looking at him in first glance, you wouldn’t know it but Rain has a surprising background in comedy. Some of his most well-known roles are him starring in dramas that are light-hearted, uplifting, and (I’m so glad to say) very well acted. I remember watching him years later in Please Come Back, Mister, where he played a down-on-his-luck manager turned hot VIP when he dies and his soul takes over the body of the executive of the very company he used to work at. Rain, of course, plays the hot executive but he’s basically playing two roles at once as he’s portraying the character who is struggling to adjust to a body he’s most certainly never dreamed of having. As he tries to keep his identity a secret, the man also has to convince his now widowed wife that he (as her husband) will always be there for her while proving his death was not a suicide and keeping all the rules that the supernatural likes to throw on him in form of a snappy, sassy, motorbike riding grandma. Rain’s character being absolutely terrified of the (technically his) loyal daughter who refuses to accept a new man in her mommy’s life is just the icing on the cake. The whole drama is adorable, heartwarming, and fun to watch. So basically Rain has skills to go from this… 

To this… 

Image Source: dramabeans 

So, in the end, the fact that he can team up with Psy is not all that surprising. I can already see the antics these two will get into on stage. Actually, Psy has already done Rain's body roll alongside the maker himself back in 2013. 

Watch HEREHe took the shirt off and eeeeeverything. 

But see now, Psy himself has more songs (and iconic moves) that Rain can get into. I mean, we know Rain is gonna do Gangnam Style. But now we have Gentleman. And 'I Luv It.' And New Face. 

And before you go thinking this is the first time Psy has collaborated with anyone like Rain or Rain has collaborated with anyone like Psy, think again. Psy, especially, has a long history with duets, bringing in popular idols to feature in his tracks. My personal favorite is "Dream" ft. Xia Junsu (in my defense, it is actually good, okay) and "Daddy" ft. CL. 

You can listen HERE (Dream ft. Xia Junsu) and HERE (Daddy ft. CL). 

He's also done a collaboration with Rain, in fact. He was the one who produced "The Best Present" for Rain and it's clear the man gets Rain's style by watching the video. 

Watch Official Music Video HERE

Psy also has a rather innate talent in lighting the entire arena up. He has this constant energy that keeps him moving and encourages his fans to do so as well. The man isn’t afraid to sweat and suffer leotard wedgies if it means his fans have a good time. And if you watch his live performances, you can tell they most certainly are. 

Watch Gentleman 1st LIVE Performance HERE

Think I’m joking about the leotards? 

Watch his Single Ladies (yes. That Single Ladies) Dance Cover HERE

Just listen to that cheering. I remember riding a bus past Gangnam’s live performance near City Hall once and the sheer number of people who were just passing by was no joke. That’s the magic of Psy – he doesn’t need perfect cheekbones or washboard abs or the concept of perfect good-boy to draw people in. He just does it by being himself. 

As for Rain, again, the man knows how to make people laugh. And not just in dramas. Concerts, too. 

Watch La-La-La Live HERE and you’ll get it. I mean, if he can keep a straight face as the classic 65-year old veteran singer struts up in a full fur coat, bandana, and lipstick print on his cheek, that he’ll do just fine with Psy. 

So, actually, I’m not worried about the concert at all. 

The joint performance will be held on September 29th at the Olympic Gymnastics Arena in Seoul. Judging by the sheer size of that place, there's no doubt there's expected to be a huge turnout for two of South Korea's biggest icons. 

What other K-pop moment are you excited about? Let us know at Koreaners!

13 hours ago, hnfragile said:

Hello everyone.

Am new to soompi, and this is literally my very first post. And it's all because of Rain :)

While looking up info of the Rain x Psy concert next week, I came across this very nice post that I thought I should share here.

------

cr http://www.koreners.com/bbs/blog/1009/Rain & Psy?ckattempt=1

Rain & Psy's Collab Concert -Why It TOTALLY Makes Sense

JJ신기2623
18-08-27 21:12

Image Source: soompi

It’s Monday again. And you know what that means…

And today, ohmygoodness, I have a good one. 

Now it has just come to my attention that iconic, legendary soloist Rain and perhaps equally so iconic and popular Psy have decided to get together and have a collaboration concert? 

Um…what? 

Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m incredibly excited about this news. Both Rain and Psy are famous for the sheer amazingness of their concerts and they’re always sold out and packed with energy. So it makes sense for them to do this. What gets me is that they both have incredibly distinct styles in their music and I never would’ve imagined them doing any form of collaboration. A duet, perhaps, but an actual concert together? Or did she simply not know enough about these K-pop icons? 

Now, in true Koreaners fashion, Jenny here decided it was time to do some research. And since the concert was of both these gentlemen, it’s only right I do research on both. However, rather than go into their history and talk about how they became singers and the household names they are today (let’s be honest – y’all can do that on your own with a quick Google search), I’m going to in a rather twisted turn and look at their music instead. Because that is what’s important here, right? …

Oh, screw it. We’re gonna look at everything. 

Yup. 

But this first gif does lead me to my first point – Rain and Psy have two images and styles completely different from each other. Psy is a comic, a chubby ahjussi who embraces his imperfections and flaunts them in a way that is both hilarious and refreshing. I actually think the reason he’s so popular is because when you’re a fan of Psy, you’re clearly not a fan because of his “hot looks.” You’re really in it for the music and being able to say that is such a plus nowadays. Like, of course you like Psy. He created Gangnam Style, for chrissakes. He put South Korea on the map, expedited the Hallyu Wave with the iconic video, and shows people it’s okay to not to be tall, skinny, or flawless. Who wouldn’t like Psy. 

Rain, on the other hand, is…well… I mean… 

Exhibit A. 

Yeah, I had to post that. For science. 

But basically, Rain is hot. Period. He is tall, gorgeous, and was sold on that idea. He is the perfect boyfriend, lover, and (now) husband - the ideal man who can make any woman’s fantasies come true. Aside from his perfectly chiseled face and flexible abs, Rain is known for his bad boy style and smooth, husky singing voice. He is charming. Smooth. Sexy. So what up with teaming with Psy? 

Now, of course, that is what any one-timer YouTube climbin’ “I just got into K-pop yesterday” amateur would say. See, I’m not. I remember back when K-pop was just Korean music and you had to search through the depths of the internet for subtitles. Those were the days of Full House

Ah. Full House. No. Not the American version with John Stamos and the Golden Gate Bridge passing in the background. I mean the Korean Full House with Song Hye Kyo playing a spunky candy girl left in a precarious situation because she didn’t choose her friends right and ends up in a non-cliché moment where she ends up sharing a house with a superstar she can’t stand and in a very cliché twist, ends up falling in love in the process. Yeah. That Full House. And let me tell you – that show was good. It really was. Looking at him in first glance, you wouldn’t know it but Rain has a surprising background in comedy. Some of his most well-known roles are him starring in dramas that are light-hearted, uplifting, and (I’m so glad to say) very well acted. I remember watching him years later in Please Come Back, Mister, where he played a down-on-his-luck manager turned hot VIP when he dies and his soul takes over the body of the executive of the very company he used to work at. Rain, of course, plays the hot executive but he’s basically playing two roles at once as he’s portraying the character who is struggling to adjust to a body he’s most certainly never dreamed of having. As he tries to keep his identity a secret, the man also has to convince his now widowed wife that he (as her husband) will always be there for her while proving his death was not a suicide and keeping all the rules that the supernatural likes to throw on him in form of a snappy, sassy, motorbike riding grandma. Rain’s character being absolutely terrified of the (technically his) loyal daughter who refuses to accept a new man in her mommy’s life is just the icing on the cake. The whole drama is adorable, heartwarming, and fun to watch. So basically Rain has skills to go from this… 

To this…
Image Source: dramabeans 

So, in the end, the fact that he can team up with Psy is not all that surprising. I can already see the antics these two will get into on stage. Actually, Psy has already done Rain's body roll alongside the maker himself back in 2013. 

Watch HEREHe took the shirt off and eeeeeverything. 

But see now, Psy himself has more songs (and iconic moves) that Rain can get into. I mean, we know Rain is gonna do Gangnam Style. But now we have Gentleman. And 'I Luv It.' And New Face. 

And before you go thinking this is the first time Psy has collaborated with anyone like Rain or Rain has collaborated with anyone like Psy, think again. Psy, especially, has a long history with duets, bringing in popular idols to feature in his tracks. My personal favorite is "Dream" ft. Xia Junsu (in my defense, it is actually good, okay) and "Daddy" ft. CL. 

You can listen HERE (Dream ft. Xia Junsu) and HERE (Daddy ft. CL). 

He's also done a collaboration with Rain, in fact. He was the one who produced "The Best Present" for Rain and it's clear the man gets Rain's style by watching the video. 

Watch Official Music Video HERE

Psy also has a rather innate talent in lighting the entire arena up. He has this constant energy that keeps him moving and encourages his fans to do so as well. The man isn’t afraid to sweat and suffer leotard wedgies if it means his fans have a good time. And if you watch his live performances, you can tell they most certainly are. 

Watch Gentleman 1st LIVE Performance HERE

Think I’m joking about the leotards? 

Watch his Single Ladies (yes. That Single Ladies) Dance Cover HERE

Just listen to that cheering. I remember riding a bus past Gangnam’s live performance near City Hall once and the sheer number of people who were just passing by was no joke. That’s the magic of Psy – he doesn’t need perfect cheekbones or washboard abs or the concept of perfect good-boy to draw people in. He just does it by being himself. 

As for Rain, again, the man knows how to make people laugh. And not just in dramas. Concerts, too. 

Watch La-La-La Live HERE and you’ll get it. I mean, if he can keep a straight face as the classic 65-year old veteran singer struts up in a full fur coat, bandana, and lipstick print on his cheek, that he’ll do just fine with Psy. 

So, actually, I’m not worried about the concert at all. 

The joint performance will be held on September 29th at the Olympic Gymnastics Arena in Seoul. Judging by the sheer size of that place, there's no doubt there's expected to be a huge turnout for two of South Korea's biggest icons. 

What other K-pop moment are you excited about? Let us know at Koreaners!

Hi hnfragile, thanks for sharing this here. Welcome to RAIN's thread. C U around soompi..... :P