Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

* RAIN posted this clip (1st teaser) yesterday with a caption : " Verified # Welcome 2 Life # Monday drama # mbc # July 29 9:00 #https: //m.tv.naver.com/v/9004199" - Actually, this is  a Monday & Tuesday time slot taking over  “Partners for Justice Season 2.” :P

[Orion's Ramblings] Rain Contemplates Regret and Redemption in First Teaser for "Welcome 2 Life"

photo1077766.jpg

Parallel worlds are trending in Dramaland again, and MBC's upcoming "Welcome 2 Life" introduces its concept of them with an emotional bang. Rain and Lim Ji-yeon's characters have several obstacles to overcome, and if one life is a challenge, two make for a brutal wake up call.

"Welcome 2 Life", which premieres on July 29th, is an investigative romantic comedy about Lee  Jae-sang (Rain), a thug-like lawyer who only pursues his own interests being sucked into a parallel world following an accident and turning into a righteous prosecutor.

In the teaser, Jae-sang contemplates his past choices, a life of violence and sadness, and the chance to rectify his wrongdoings. He narrates, "If I could choose to live all over again, could I choose a life that I will not regret? Could I be with you as a part of your life again?" The on-screen text reads 'In a world you reawaken to' and 'If you could undo your last regret'.

While I can see the romance in this 'life reset project', I definitely don't see the comedy, and we've seen so many productions setting themselves up for failure by trying to shoehorn everything in. 'Romantic  comedy' has become an umbrella term for a story with a couple in it. I'm rooting for Jae-sang in this dark, cathartic tale of redemption that we see in the teaser, so genre confusion aside, I hope we get a solid series.

Written by: Orion

credit : Hancinema

LINK of the VIDEO here : https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-ramblings-rain-contemplates-regret-and-redemption-in-first-teaser-for-welcome-2-life-131151.html

*** What does it mean - MBC won't be showing dramas anymore? I heard that they shut down the weekend drama slot as well. Awww...........I feel so sad in case this is true. SBS is also doing this, preferring variety shows instead. I wonder if drama ratings are not pulling-through these days. I guess the quality of dramas have decreased now. Streaming is becoming massive in many countries. :P

MBC to End Mon-Tues K-dramas After "Welcome 2 Life" With Rain and Lim Ji Yeon

LINK here : http://koalasplayground.com/2019/07/02/mbc-to-end-mon-tues-k-dramas-after-welcome-2-life-with-rain-and-lim-ji-yeon/

1st look at rain in welcome 2 life

201907040906779030_5d1d4676af68523544465

First peek of Rain in upcoming MBC drama, Welcome 2 Life. My fave dramas by Rain are those of his early days, like Let’s Go To School, Sang Doo and A Love To Kill. Didn’t like Full House much. I actually haven’t like many of his works since then though I do like him quite a bit. He looks good here as usual since he never really looks bad.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/07/04/1st-look-at-rain-in-welcome-2-life/

*** This was formerly RAIN Company was located. Rain owns has six floors above ground and three underground, the total area of this place is 3794.64 (total land area, 1024.8), and it is composed of Neighborhood Unit Facilities (the first floor~the third floor and two underground) and Office Facilities (the fourth floor~the sixth floor). This is in Cheongdam-dong worth 13,168,800,000 KRW.  He acquired this property 2008. :P

66066790_2474249899528717_82270384170205

66029728_2474249952862045_36204614296954

66066790_2474249949528712_74916556799674

Spoiler

66436197_2474249879528719_21504857786002

66119979_2474249889528718_12740952365402

credit : Rain Cloud Europe / Rain Cloud Thaland

Spoiler

*** RAIN posted this picture yesterday with a caption : " # Welcome 2 Life # Han Sang Jin " - Han Sang-jin will play in the drama as the managing partner of one of the top five law firms in Korea. He and Rain’s character are great partners in the original world, they are as great work enemies once Rain crosses over into the parallel world where he’s a righteous prosecutor. :P

*** This was from a man’s account spotting Rain shooting "Welcome2Life". He says that Rain has been his idol when he was a student. He saw him shooting in the neighborhood. :P

66623954_2331693306923264_69523534814705

66031092_2331693390256589_36943741017128

credit : Raincloud10 / Rain Cloud Thailand

Spoiler

*** Lim Ji Yeon will be playing Lee Jae Sang’s ex-girlfriend Ra Si On, a detective who acts before she thinks. :P

Lim Ji Yeon Turns Into A Tough Detective In New Fantasy Rom-Com With Rain

MBC’s upcoming drama “Welcome 2 Life” has revealed new stills of Lim Ji Yeon!

“Welcome 2 Life” is a fantasy rom-com about a selfish lawyer named Lee Jae Sang (played by Rain) who gets sucked into a parallel universe because of an accident and starts living a new life as an upright prosecutor.

Lim Ji Yeon plays Ra Si On, the only female detective in her major crimes unit. In the current world, she is the ex-girlfriend of Lee Jae Sang. In the parallel world, she is a loving mother and the wife of a nice, upstanding Lee Jae Sang.

In the new stills from Lim Ji Yeon’s first day on set, the actress fully steps into her role as the hardball detective Ra Si On of the “real” world.

A source from the drama said, “Lim Ji Yeon has amazed everyone with her dedication to her role as the tough detective. You’ll fall in love with the character’s wildness. In the parallel world, you’ll see her as a lovely wife and mother. Please look forward to the two very different characters from Lim Ji Yeon.”

“Welcome 2 Life” is set to air after the conclusion of “Partners for Justice 2,” and will be available on Viki. Check out character posters here.

credit : soompi news

The first week of July has been met with all kinds of exciting news: comebacks and tour announcements, record-breaking achievements, and exciting sneak peeks into upcoming K-Dramas.

Catch up to Korean entertainment news with ease as we summarize what happened each week. Stay regularly updated with your favorite artists and bias by following this segment closely with us!

This weekly digest will cover K-Pop comebacks, album releases, and Korean drama news, reviews and updates. Relevant news on Korean entertainment such as celebrity buzz, film and box office information, as well as concert tours and fan meetings will also be included.

*Covers Korean entertainment news from June 30 to July 6

• Welcome 2 Life Flashes Character Posters Of Rain, Lim Ji Yeon & Kwak Si Yang

On July 5, the network dropped character photo teasers of Jung Ji Hoon (Rain), Lim Ji Yeon and Kwak Si Yang. Playing two characters of different personalities is one of the drawing points of the series, which is evident in the character posters released.

(skipped unrelated..)

source : HelloKpop