Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Rain’s Father Met With Man Who Accused Him Of Not Repaying His Debt

They revealed intentions to resolve the issue amicably.

heabwDPyYLOrCb9QNM-yROyfvvSl8OBGqi0iM-kJ

The man claimed that Rain’s parents borrowed 17 million KRW ($15,000 USD) in rice and 8 million KRW ($7,000) in cash from the family in 1988 and never paid him back.

mqfmtj3XmkEZrSerpJQjbBGLlF4yEYzJD6eXtrLx

Soon after the news was released, Rain’s father contacted and came to visit the man but the two sides were apparently not able to come to an agreement.

“Right after the news was released, Rain’s father came to see us. However, the issue was not resolved and the discussion was put on hold.”

ㅡ Man who claims he 

They could not agree on the amount that would be given. While the man suggested an amount that included the principal, interest and the current market price, Rain’s father had considered only half of the amount. The man also revealed, however, that they intend to resolve the issue amicably through discussion.

“The amount we requested and the amount Rain’s father suggested was not in agreement. We do not want to take legal action. We will resolve the issue amicably through discussion.”

Earlier today, the man had claimed that Rain’s father denied the fact that he had borrowed any money from him when he coincidentally met him about 10 years ago. Moreover, he had tried multiple times to get the money back.

“About 10 years ago, I coincidently met Rain’s father and asked for the money but he said he didn’t know anything about it. After that, I went to his office and sent letters but it was no use. I went to Rain’s house and pleaded with his family only to be rejected.”

Then, the man’s child shared a post on an online community and filed a Blue House petition to explain the story.

“I report singer Rain’s parents.”

Netizens have been expressing various opinions about the news.

• “So it’s confirmed that he did borrow the money”
  • “Let’s not ruin children’s futures.”
  • “If it wasn’t for the Microdot scandal, they would’ve never been repaid, Rain’s father didn’t even meet him in front of their house.”
  • “I’m thinking it’ll cost them at least 200 to 300 million KRW.”
  • “Do children always have to pay off their parent’s debt? His father should pay it back with what he has…The children would probably help out but asking Rain to pay it off is not right…What if Rain was a poor celebrity? Think about it…”
  • “It’s not like he asked for psychological compensation, asking for the principal, interest and the market price is not asking for too much.”

source : koreaboo

• Like 1

Singer Rain responds to claims his late mother owes millions

Singer Rain has responded to allegations that his parents owe 25 million won ($22,130) in debt.

In a statement, the singer’s agency Rain Co. said it is looking into the matter.

“Since the claims have been made against the mother (of the singer) who has passed away, we are doing our best to settle the matter smoothly by meeting the person in question and establishing whether there is debt to be paid off,” the statement read.

(Rain Company)

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, is the latest celebrity in South Korea’s entertainment industry to have parents accused of not paying debt after an online post outlining a story involving his parents in detail gained attention.

The post claimed that Rain’s parents had owned a rice cake shop in the 1980s and that they owed 8 million won in cash and 17 million won worth of rice to the parents of the person who had uploaded the post. Rain’s parents had allegedly borrowed the cash and owed the rice between 1988 and 2004.

“Though filing a lawsuit was considered, it didn’t happen as (my parents) couldn’t afford the time and money required for a lawsuit,” the post read.

It went on to say, “Over 30 years, my parents who are now well over 60 have been trying to contact Rain and writing letters to no avail,” before adding the debt amounts to nearly 25 million won.

Last week, rapper Microdot apologized in the face of growing pressure over fraud allegations surrounding his parents.
“As a son, I think I have some responsibility to bear. I want to meet each and every one (of the victims) and listen,” Microdot said in a statement.

The accusations surrounding Rain’s parents were further fueled after a petition was filed on the Blue House petition website.

The petition compared Rain with other singers whose parents have been hit with similar allegations, such as Microdot and Dok2, and called for support in holding the singer’s parents accountable.

By Yim Hyun-su (hyunsu@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

+sigh+ I guess there's not much we could do other than wishing Rain all the strength to resolve this issue. I trust him. Of course there will have to be clarification and confirmation - and it will take some time - before any solution is proposed. Let's try to be patient (which, honestly, I can't do :( and see how the situation unfolds.

I just hate hate hate it that information is so contradicting, like some say between 1988 and 2004 (how is that even possible?), some say just in 1988 (well, that's one heck of a lot of rice!). Arggghhh! then of course there will be haters throwing mud :(

• Like 1

Rain’s Agency Gives Official Statement After Meeting Alleged Victims Of Fraud + Promises To Take Legal Action

658e7ac37f994d50ae67f0529040d644.jpeg?s=

Rain’s agency Rain Company has given an update on the situation surrounding his parents being accused of fraud.

Previously, a netizen posted on an online community that Rain’s parents had borrowed rice and cash in 1988, and that his parents had never paid them back. The netizen also uploaded a photo of a promissory note regarding the debt. Later that day, Rain’s agency issued a press release saying that they were trying to verify the truth of the matter.

On November 28, Rain Company issued another official statement, where they stated that Rain’s father and a company representative had met with the alleged victims and had been unable to verify the documents regarding the loan at the meeting. The agency also stated that when the debt was verified, Rain would pay back the amount, but that the company would also be taking legal action against the alleged victims for defamation.

Read Rain Company’s full statement below:

“Hello, this is Rain Company.

“On November 27, there was a post on an online community regarding our agency’s artist Rain’s mother. Because she is deceased, he had to verify the actual nature of the relationship. We have confirmed that a representative of our company and Rain’s father personally met the netizen and tried to have a discussion.

“However, there was no IOU present when they met, and they were unable to check the original promissory note. [The netizen] claimed the relevant account book was at home, so they were unable to confirm [its existence].

“Additionally, the alleged victims have requested 100 million won (approximately $88,700) as settlement money, for insulting and abusive language the family underwent.

“In the end, as [Rain’s father and the company representative] were unable to verify the documents at the meeting, they made the decision that [the settlement money] was not just.

“Through a fair verification process of the amount of the debt the alleged victims are claiming to be owed, and after confirming the amount, Rain will take moral responsibility as a son and repay the full amount.

“However, the alleged victims are severely defaming the names of our artist Rain, his father, and especially his deceased mother, through malicious interviews and the expressions they have brought up (“disappearance,” “fraud,” “refusing to admit,” etc.).

“So that our artist and his family members’ good names will be restored, we will be proceeding with all possible legal procedures in civil and criminal cases.”

Source (1) / soompi news

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

• Like 1

***RAIN's interview & his drama "Sketch will be broadcast in Japan first via DATV.  In the interview, RAIN mentioned about plenty of valuable stories such as the highlights of the drama and the story behind the shooting.  Also, he talked about his co-star,   Lee · Dong Gun who after 15 years they collaborated again!  DATV first broadcasting will be on December 23, 2018 (Sunday) at 1045PM:lol:

Rebroadcast date
     December 25 (Tue) 6PM
     December 27 (Thursday) 10PM
     Dec. 29 (Sat) 430PM

source : https://knda.tv/datv/program/dt001382/

• Like 1

November 29, 2018

Debate heats up as more celebrities hit by parents’ debt scandal

By Yim Hyun-su

Korea’s entertainment industry shaken upside down by a series of debt allegations

Korea’s entertainment industry has been hit with more debt allegations against celebrities’ parents in recent days as actress Cha Ye-ryun and Wheein of girl band Mamamoo became the latest to find themselves swept up in the furor.

20181129000356_0.jpg

Public opinion about celebrities who are hit by similar allegations remains mixed after background stories emerged over their relationship with their parents.

Singer Rain, who has also been hit with debt allegations against his parents, said he will fulfill his “moral obligation as a son” and pay off the alleged debt in full, his agency Rain Company said in a statement Tuesday.

Rain’s agency also said it will take legal steps to defend the singer and his family against slander and allegations.

(skipped unrelated.....)

By Yim Hyun-su (hyunsu@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

November 29, 2018

Family debt issues continue to come out

While people are still divided over whether it’s morally right to criticize celebrities for the transgressions of their parents, things are getting more complicated as more people come forward with revelations against celebrities. And with the stars taking different measures with each case, reactions are as diverse as the crimes committed.

After an anonymous internet post accused him and his late wife for loaning them money and not paying back for 20 years, singer Rain’s father met with the author on Tuesday afternoon. While the singer’s agency Rain Company stated that they will try their best to “solve the issue,” on Wednesday, the company said that it will be taking legal measures against the author.

“Rain’s father and the President of Rain Company met with the person [who wrote the post] and tried to talk,” stated the agency. “But we were not able to confirm any of the promissory notes that they claimed [to have]. Instead, they only made insulting remarks towards Rain’s family and requested compensation of 100 million won ($88,664). Rain will take responsibility and pay for any amount that can be verified, but as they are seriously harming his parents’ reputation, we will be taking legal measures against them.”

(skipped unrelated.....)

BY YOON SO-YEON [yoon.soyeon@joongang.co.kr]

Rain counters swindling allegation against late mother

SEOUL, Nov. 28 (Yonhap) -- K-pop star Rain on Wednesday countered a money-swindling accusation raised against her late mother, hinting at taking a legal action against the accuser.

On Monday, an Internet user alleged in a posting at a popular online community that Rain's mother borrowed 25 million won (US$22,176) worth of rice and cash from the writer's parents on several occasions in the late 1980s but refused to pay them back despite the parents' repeated demand and eventually severed contact with them.

The accusation put Rain under fire after two other artists -- rappers Microdot and Dok2 -- were also embroiled in public criticism for their dealings with swindling charges raised against their parents.

A day later, Rain's management agency, Rain Company, said the singer will meet with the accuser to verify the claim and settle the issue, but the accuser again argued in a media interview the same day that Rain's family coldly turned down the demand for repayment when the accuser went to meet with Rain.

"With regard to the article posted on the online community, (Rain Company's) chief and Rain's father met with the people concerned and tried to talk about the issue," the management agency said in a new press statement Wednesday.

But Rain's side couldn't verify the existence of the transaction's formal documents the accuser claimed to have, the company said.

Instead, the opposition side only used verbal abuse and demanded 100 million won to settle the issue, the company said, adding, "We judged that this was not fair."

"Rain plans to take moral responsibility as a son and fully repay the exact amount of debts that are verified through fair procedures," according to the firm.

But the company will also take all the possible legal action, both civil and criminal, to recover the honor of Rain and his family, Rain Company said in reaction to the accuser's press interview.

"The malicious expressions in the interview, such as running away, swindling and giving a cold shoulder, gravely damaged the honor of Rain's father and late mother, not to mention Rain himself," the company said.

AEN20181128008600315_02_i_P4.jpg

pbr@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

• Like 1

More celebrities embroiled in parents' debt allegations

By Kim Hyun-bin

More suspicions and claims are coming out almost daily regarding unpaid debts owed by parents of celebrities.

While some people criticize the celebrities for their parents' alleged immoral acts, others say they should not be held liable for wrongdoing by their parents.

optimize

Singer and actor Rain was the third to face similar accusations, with a person accusing his mother of failing to pay back money she owed.

"In 1988, Rain's mother operated a rice cake store and borrowed 17 million won worth of rice from our store and 8 million won in cash. We wrote letters to and contacted Rain but we did not get a response," the person wrote online Monday.

Rain's company first said the singer would meet the alleged victim for talks and pay the money to take moral responsibility if the allegation was true. But it said Wednesday that during a meeting with Rain's father and the company officials, the accuser had no proof of the loan but instead demanded 100 million won.

The company said Rain's family suffered from verbal abuse and defamation from the accuser during their meeting. "To restore their dignity, we will file a civil lawsuit and take all necessary legal measures," the Rain Company said.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Times

• Like 1

So, I finally could see his smile, his mischievous smile! O.H. M.Y. G.O.D  :love::heart:

Rain laughs and smiles, and all is right with the world again :) :P.

Am still anxiously following up on the news +sigh+ but seeing him all smiling and playful feels just so good, really!

10 hours ago, hnfragile said:

So, I finally could see his smile, his mischievous smile! O.H. M.Y. G.O.D  :love::heart:

Rain laughs and smiles, and all is right with the world again :) :P.

Am still anxiously following up on the news +sigh+ but seeing him all smiling and playful feels just so good, really!

Hi hnfragile, thanks for sharing this clip. :lol:

K-pop superstar Rain and local stars grace red carpet at new Cartier flagship store

9cb73f70400a12d8bbc8f648413b4054

By Flora Yeo

Korean pop star Rain, along with Japanese DJ Yulia, and local celebrities like Zoe Tay, Fann Wong, Christopher Lee, Rui En, Rebecca Lim and Sheila Sim, attended the re-opening of French jewellery brand Cartier’s boutique store at ION Orchard last Friday (23 Nov).

Boasting three storeys with a total retail space of 688 square metres, it is the largest flagship store in Southeast Asia. The third floor, dubbed Le Salon Cartier, is an exclusive new VIP salon, which will cater to its bespoke clients.

“I wear their designs very often as I have always liked Cartier’s collections. I am very honoured to be invited to this event tonight,” said Rain.

The singer-actor, whose real name is Jung Ji Hoon, revealed that he is preparing for his new album, together with a movie to be released in 2019. The CEO of his own entertainment company also hinted that he might return to Singapore for a concert tour next year.

He added: “I am always very grateful to my fans in Singapore for welcoming me here, even though it can be difficult for them to see me. I would just like to convey my thanks to them.”

“I’m so happy to see a bigger store in a larger space,” shared Zoe Tay, who donned a Galanterie de Cartier 18K white gold with emeralds and diamonds necklace. “I’m really looking forward to see the exhibition pieces.”

Rebecca Lim shared her love for the brand for its craftsmanship and the rich history behind the pieces. “The last time I worked with Cartier was a few years ago in Paris where I made my own bag. So to be here for their brand new store opening is pretty exciting.”

As a part of the reopening celebrations of Cartier’s flagship boutique, an exhibition titled “Cartier, Icon of Style” has been specially curated – showcasing selected historic and extraordinary pieces from Cartier Collection, such as the birth and evolution of the signature panther in its pieces.

Open to all interested members of the public, the exhibit runs from 24 November 2018 to 6 December 2018 where interested patrons can register online for a tour of the Le Salon Cartier.

Follow Yahoo Lifestyle Singapore on Facebook.

source : https://sg.style.yahoo.com/k-pop-superstar-rain-local-stars-grace-red-carpet-new-cartier-flagship-store-101448050.html?guccounter=1&fbclid=IwAR27ipvbrMNq0_tyWa0J48YwYyfBu60zHoEFQC9aKMjSBGS_-N2IS5t2prw

• Like 1

OG K-Pop Star Rain Tells Us All About His Next Big Move

K-pop star, actor, businessman: Korean celebrity Rain has done it all.

From trailblazing performances on stage and screen, as well as having one of the hottest bodies in the business, the 36-year-old performer is a household name in this part of Asia, but his star turn in the 2009 Hollywood action-thriller Ninja Assassin also catapulted him onto a global stage. Sitting down with the talented multi-hyphenate for an exclusive interview at the reopening of jewellery house Cartier's ION Orchard store, he talked to us about his extraordinary longevity in the business, his personal philosophy when it comes to watches and jewellery, and his next big move. 

Breaking into the entertainment industry in 1998 as part of a boyband, it was clear that Jung Ji-hoon was meant for greater things. He quickly embarked on a solo career in 2002, riding the Hallyu Wave that has impacted the global entertainment industry, and released seven albums and 28 singles in the following years. 

Of his remarkable staying power in the industry, he said, "The most important thing is that you have to work hard."

"Working tirelessly without getting tired of it is important, too," he added.

rs_1080x720-181127002400-e-asia-cartier-

Apart from his undeniable stage presence and talent, Rain also been noticed for his impeccable fashion sense. Turning out for the Cartier event in a beautifully tailored, colour-coordinated charcoal grey suit, a diamond-studded Panthére brooch fastened on his suit lapel, it's not hard to see why he's earned his fashion stripes.

Catching on his suave styling, we asked him about his approach to accessorising, and he laughed and said, "I like [to accessorise with] jewellery. I usually wear watches, but sometimes I wear brooches and other accessories as well."

While still active in the entertainment industry, Rain has also added another accomplishment to his résumé in recent years: CEO. In 2015, the performer officially set up his own entertainment agency, R.A.I.N Company, that has teams to manage singers and actors, as well as a partnership with leading Hollywood agency, William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, to handle United States affairs on behalf of the Korean firm. The star has officially turned into a bona fide star maker.

"I have a new idol project in the making," Rain said. "We are in the midst of preparing this idol group for everyone."

Exciting times ahead indeed.

Watch our exclusive video above for the full interview.

LINK here: https://www.eonline.com/ap/news/990790/og-k-pop-star-rain-tells-us-all-about-his-next-big-move

• Like 1

*** There's enough ground for defamation and extortion cases here. So, it's just right that RAIN should take this to the court. It seems that they're threatening him since it was done publicly. ^_^

Rain's side reveals intention to publicize recording of conversation with accuser family, if they continue to defame Rain's family

Rain.jpg

Singer/actor Rain's side has released a firm statement in response to the ongoing controversy surrounding an accuser family, who claims that Rain's mother borrowed money from them and failed to pay off the debt. 

Rain's side stated on November 30, "We cannot respond in person to every single false accusation made by the family of the accuser, and so we declare that if the false accusations continue, we plan on publicizing a portion of the recorded conversation [from Rain's side meeting up with the accuser family earlier this week], then handing over the full recording file to police for investigation." 

Back on November 27, Rain's mother was accused of borrowing money from the neighboring owner of a business without returning the debt back. Rain's company as well as Rain's father attempted to meet with the family of the accuser, in order to settle the matter peacefully. However, currently, the accuser family has participated in media interviews accusing Rain's side of threatening them. 

Rain's side replied to the threat accusations as follows: "Our side never threatened the accuser side by any means during our meeting on November 27, but only conversed for approximately an hour and 30 minutes in order to fully confirm the truth behind the accusations and resolve the issue. In addition to a full recording of the meeting conversation, we also have full recordings of phone conversations with the accuser family." 

Regarding a finance statement which the accuser family revealed online recently against Rain's mother, Rain's side stressed, "The one-sided financial statement that the accuser family revealed is not the equivalent of a bond of debt... If we can see document evidence of a true bond of debt containing the accused amount, then we will repay the debt in full." Furthermore, Rain's side argued that the accuser family's financial account noted debt amounts owed by Rain's mother from 1988 - 2004, when Rain's mother passed away from illness in 2000. 

Finally, Rain's side revealed, "We have tried our best to resolve the issue as smoothly as possible after discovering reports of the original accusations, but the accuser side has refused to stop their malicious interviews, false accusations, and mocking not only Rain's late mother but also the artist and his family. This does not exemplify reasonable cooperation or proper duty to present legal evidence regarding the case."

It seems that the accuser's side is continuing to demand debt payment amounting to 100 million KRW (~ 88,7000 USD), which Rain's side argues is four times the amount indicated in the accuser's original online post. 

source : allkpop

• Like 1

3 hours ago, willenette said:

OG K-Pop Star Rain Tells Us All About His Next Big Move

K-pop star, actor, businessman: Korean celebrity Rain has done it all.

From trailblazing performances on stage and screen, as well as having one of the hottest bodies in the business, the 36-year-old performer is a household name in this part of Asia, but his star turn in the 2009 Hollywood action-thriller Ninja Assassin also catapulted him onto a global stage. Sitting down with the talented multi-hyphenate for an exclusive interview at the reopening of jewellery house Cartier's ION Orchard store, he talked to us about his extraordinary longevity in the business, his personal philosophy when it comes to watches and jewellery, and his next big move. 

Breaking into the entertainment industry in 1998 as part of a boyband, it was clear that Jung Ji-hoon was meant for greater things. He quickly embarked on a solo career in 2002, riding the Hallyu Wave that has impacted the global entertainment industry, and released seven albums and 28 singles in the following years. 

Of his remarkable staying power in the industry, he said, "The most important thing is that you have to work hard."

"Working tirelessly without getting tired of it is important, too," he added.

Apart from his undeniable stage presence and talent, Rain also been noticed for his impeccable fashion sense. Turning out for the Cartier event in a beautifully tailored, colour-coordinated charcoal grey suit, a diamond-studded Panthére brooch fastened on his suit lapel, it's not hard to see why he's earned his fashion stripes.

Catching on his suave styling, we asked him about his approach to accessorising, and he laughed and said, "I like [to accessorise with] jewellery. I usually wear watches, but sometimes I wear brooches and other accessories as well."

While still active in the entertainment industry, Rain has also added another accomplishment to his résumé in recent years: CEO. In 2015, the performer officially set up his own entertainment agency, R.A.I.N Company, that has teams to manage singers and actors, as well as a partnership with leading Hollywood agency, William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, to handle United States affairs on behalf of the Korean firm. The star has officially turned into a bona fide star maker.

"I have a new idol project in the making," Rain said. "We are in the midst of preparing this idol group for everyone."

Exciting times ahead indeed.

Watch our exclusive video above for the full interview.

LINK here: https://www.eonline.com/ap/news/990790/og-k-pop-star-rain-tells-us-all-about-his-next-big-move

Did you watch the interview, @willenette? Is it just me or is it the lighting? He looked tired to me in this video of E!Online :( 

While Rain was in Singapore, he was also interviewed by The Straits Times for their Lifestyle section. I like this picture

The article is actually for subscribers, but luckily non-subscribers can still watch the video in this link :)

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/south-korean-star-rains-busy-schedule-includes-film-and-television-projects#main-content

On 11/29/2018 at 9:34 AM, willenette said:

***RAIN's interview & his drama "Sketch will be broadcast in Japan first via DATV.  In the interview, RAIN mentioned about plenty of valuable stories such as the highlights of the drama and the story behind the shooting.  Also, he talked about his co-star,   Lee · Dong Gun who after 15 years they collaborated again!  DATV first broadcasting will be on December 23, 2018 (Sunday) at 1045PM:lol:

Rebroadcast date
     December 25 (Tue) 6PM
     December 27 (Thursday) 10PM
     Dec. 29 (Sat) 430PM

source : https://knda.tv/datv/program/dt001382/

Oh and DATV has a nice picture of him, too :)

https://twitter.com/DATVjp/status/1067621660579237888

• Like 1

Top-10 richest K-pop idols

K-pop idols are no ordinary musicians. Indeed, they sing, rap and dance on stage, but they also act in dramas and movies, make numerous TV show appearances and are commercial brand models. It is only natural that K-pop’s biggest names rake in tons of won.

Here are today’s top-10 K-pop idols with their highest net worth, as reported by E! Online:

1. PSY ($45 million)

2. Choi Siwon ($35 million)

3. G-Dragon ($21 million)

4. Rain ($20 million) :star:

Considered a mentor to today’s idols, Rain’s legacy consists of seven albums, 28 singles and numerous worldwide concert tours. He established his status as a Hallyu (Korean wave) star in 2004 thanks to his album It’s Raining and his lead role in the drama Full House. His wedding to top actress Kim Tae-hee last year was one of the hottest topics in the Korean entertainment industry.

5. Sandara Park ($16 million)

6. IU ($15 million)

7. BoA ($14 million)

8. Yoona ($11 million)

9. Suzy ($10+ million)

10. Taeyang (US$ 10 million)

SOURCE: 

http://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2018/12/01/top-10-richest-k-pop-idols.html

13 hours ago, hnfragile said:

Did you watch the interview, @willenette? Is it just me or is it the lighting? He looked tired to me in this video of E!Online :( 

While Rain was in Singapore, he was also interviewed by The Straits Times for their Lifestyle section. I like this picture

The article is actually for subscribers, but luckily non-subscribers can still watch the video in this link :)

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/south-korean-star-rains-busy-schedule-includes-film-and-television-projects#main-content

Hi hnfragile, ye, he looked tired but still he looks fine. Thanks for sharing the video link. Before he made his debut, he was talking to JYP about which stage name to use. JYP said that he gives an impression of sadness when  he’s dancing. So, they decided on the character “Bi,” which means sadness, as sad as “rain” falling. Because when Rain was recording his debut track, it was raining a lot, so Park Jin Young gave Jung Ji Hoon the name ‘Rain.’That’s why they chose this name. “Rain” came later, when he chose the Hangul character “Bi” as his stage name. (The Hangul character “Bi” happens to translate into English as “Rain.”) So, Rain debuted as a back-up dancer and then as a solo act under a new stage name "Bi". RAIN officially adopted the English spelling, pronunciation, and meaning of his name, “Rain”, with the release of his second album in 2003, Rain2: How To Avoid The Sun. That was where he was introduced  to the media through his stage name, "RAIN" 

I remember Rain shared during his SIN concert some years ago that he has plans to debut a new boy band supposedly last year or latest, this year. So, I hope this will push-through in 2019, which is next year.  :lol:

12 hours ago, brattyxoxo said:

Top-10 richest K-pop idols

K-pop idols are no ordinary musicians. Indeed, they sing, rap and dance on stage, but they also act in dramas and movies, make numerous TV show appearances and are commercial brand models. It is only natural that K-pop’s biggest names rake in tons of won.

Here are today’s top-10 K-pop idols with their highest net worth, as reported by E! Online:

1. PSY ($45 million)

2. Choi Siwon ($35 million)

3. G-Dragon ($21 million)

4. Rain ($20 million) :star:

Considered a mentor to today’s idols, Rain’s legacy consists of seven albums, 28 singles and numerous worldwide concert tours. He established his status as a Hallyu (Korean wave) star in 2004 thanks to his album It’s Raining and his lead role in the drama Full House. His wedding to top actress Kim Tae-hee last year was one of the hottest topics in the Korean entertainment industry.

5. Sandara Park ($16 million)

6. IU ($15 million)

7. BoA ($14 million)

8. Yoona ($11 million)

9. Suzy ($10+ million)

10. Taeyang (US$ 10 million)

SOURCE: 

http://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2018/12/01/top-10-richest-k-pop-idols.html

Hi brattyxoxo, thanks for sharing this here. :lol:

*** RAIN Company posted yesterday slide of pictures during RAIN's FM in Seoul last December 2  with a message - "Thank you always. Thanks for coming in Seoul. " - Everything looks wonderful! So NICE & warm for Clouds to send a mobile coffee truck & fruit cups to RAIN. I heard that the FM was fun. :lol: